For my golden shower you must pay a fee, but the OTT gives it up for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Saucy Jack']I think I'm 2 weeks behind when it comes to My Name is Earl. Need to catch up.[/QUOTE]
Shame...it's not like it's a difficult show to watch, and only a half-hour to boot.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Dude, you're always on my case... I think you've got a thing for me or something. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Dont flatter yourself. ;)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Seriously, I think it's time for me to retire for the night. Long day of work for tomorrow... and more dinero...[/QUOTE]
Sleep well. We'll be hear to insult you tomorrow. Same SJ time, same SJ channel.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Shame...it's not like it's a difficult show to watch, and only a half-hour to boot.[/QUOTE]
Liar! Its the hardest show EVAR! The last one was like War and Peace, in original russian...but backwards!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Shame...it's not like it's a difficult show to watch, and only a half-hour to boot.[/QUOTE]Wasn't this week the only new one since before the WS?

I can't sit through a whole episode of anything these days without pausing it 10 times or more. If I actually watched anything on TV I wouldn't have this problem. :lol:

[quote name='JimmieMac']Battlefield 2: MC[/QUOTE]

So many games, and no one to play with. BF2, Halo, or Battlefront, anyone? :D

[quote name='Tiphireth']So many games, and no one to play with. BF2, Halo, or Battlefront, anyone? :D[/QUOTE]

I would, but I like to play games that don't suck. But then again, I was playing Driv3r today. Soooo..

So I went to see Jarhead today. I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I love this thing:

[quote name='Scorch']I would, but I like to play games that don't suck. But then again, I was playing Driv3r today. Soooo..

So I went to see Jarhead today. I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I love this thing:

[/QUOTE]
You just now saw it? I saw them one I went to see Waiting.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You just now saw it? I saw them one I went to see Waiting.[/QUOTE]

Well, I haven't been to the theatre in a while. I usually only go to the theatre to see movies that don't suck ;)

[quote name='Scorch']Well, I haven't been to the theatre in a while. I usually only go to the theatre to see movies that don't suck ;)[/QUOTE]
Waiting ruled, great comedy. I only see great movies and there's been a ton of them this year. I've still got to see Lord of War, Weatherman, Wallace & Gromit, and probably a few others later this year.

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Doc Emmett Brown inventing the flux capacitor:
250px-Back_to_the_Future.jpg

Hope everybody celebrates in a suitable fashion.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Waiting ruled, great comedy. I only see great movies and there's been a ton of them this year. I've still got to see Lord of War, Weatherman, Wallace & Gromit, and probably a few others later this year.[/QUOTE]
Wallace and Gromit is the only movie I have walked out of. Its a piece of shit. I only wish I could remember that arsenal line.

edit: but then again it looks like you will like it, seeing as you want to see lord of war and weatherman.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Battlefield 2: MC[/QUOTE]

The reviews sent me running for the hills.

[quote name='beerguy961']Today is the 50th Anniversary of Doc Emmett Brown inventing the flux capacitor:

Hope everybody celebrates in a suitable fashion.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, wow. Do you have this on a calendar or something?

[quote name='jmcc']Ah. Beavis and Butt-Head. It's like being in high school again this morning.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh, tampons in the nose for a nose-bleed. What an episode. :)

So I am ready to disembowl my suitemates. Those hairy sick bastards clog up our shower, said dont worry they will clean it up and fix it. Well that was Thursday night and now I have to put in a workorder to have maintance to come and fix it because they left for the weekend like a bunch of little bitches.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Hahaha, wow. Do you have this on a calendar or something?[/QUOTE]
Oh everytime I see the date Nov. 5th it pops into my head so Im sure for him its the same. The 50th thing just added to the charm. It was a great post. :applause:

[quote name='flowery']So I am ready to disembowl my suitemates. Those hairy sick bastards clog up our shower, said dont worry they will clean it up and fix it. Well that was Thursday night and now I have to put in a workorder to have maintance to come and fix it because they left for the weekend like a bunch of little bitches.[/QUOTE]

Change the locks, or add one of those latch type things that could be easily removed and not alter the outside appearance of the door. That'll teach them to clog the shower. Or make them pay for a new door. Either way, lesson learned. :rofl:

[quote name='craven_fiend']Change the locks, or add one of those latch type things that could be easily removed and not alter the outside appearance of the door. That'll teach them to clog the shower. Or make them pay for a new door. Either way, lesson learned. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Nice idea.

[quote name='flowery']Nice idea.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Even better if you are there to witness their struggle to open the door. And if they feel the need to bust it down, just slowly make your way out of view and come up with an excuse and you're golden, hopefully.

[quote name='flowery']Nice idea.[/QUOTE]
Did you have to pay for the maintenance? Are you able to charge it to them? You should lock them out til they pay you back.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Did you have to pay for the maintenance? Are you able to charge it to them? You should lock them out til they pay you back.[/QUOTE]

I dont know when they are going to fix it and it should be free. I might tell them it cost something and tell them to pay me though.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Hahaha, wow. Do you have this on a calendar or something?[/QUOTE]

C'mon! If you've seen the movies, you know to remember Nov. 5, 1955. It was the night of the big lightning strike that stopped the clock tower in the courthouse.

[quote name='jaykrue']C'mon! If you've seen the movies, you know to remember Nov. 5, 1955. It was the night of the big lightning strike that stopped the clock tower in the courthouse.[/QUOTE]
Of course. Some people. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Of course. Some people. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What can I say? The flux capacitor was a cool idea... though I question the DeLorean however. That was just tacky. Sturdy but tacky. If you're time travel, you might as well go in style. :cool:

[quote name='beerguy961']Today is the 50th Anniversary of Doc Emmett Brown inventing the flux capacitor:

Hope everybody celebrates in a suitable fashion.[/QUOTE]

me and my dad used some flux earlier while putting a new regulator on the water line, and BTTF was just on TV

[quote name='Trakan']Ryback, you move to Florida yet? (Soon?)[/QUOTE]
I wish I lived in Florida. I'd love to reside someplace where I could shoot people for looking at me wrong and get away with it.

[quote name='jaykrue']What can I say? The flux capacitor was a cool idea... though I question the DeLorean however. That was just tacky. Sturdy but tacky. If you're time travel, you might as well go in style. :cool:[/QUOTE]
The DeLorean has style. It has style up the wazoo...

Nice B&B run this morning. =D

Makes me want the box set even more.

I cannot wait for Mario Kart, either. :drool:

So, how was everyone's day?

[quote name='jmcc']I wish I lived in Florida. I'd love to reside someplace where I could shoot people for looking at me wrong and get away with it.[/QUOTE]
You can. Just move to any urban area in america where law and justice turns a blind eye. ;-) Its happening in a city near you! :D

[quote name='beerguy961']The DeLorean has style. It has style up the wazoo...[/QUOTE]

Sure, if driving a birdcage is considered stylish. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']
I cannot wait for Mario Kart, either. :drool:

[/QUOTE]
Triple :drool::drool::drool: for Mario Kart. Although, I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up. I have to many games on my DS wishlist, and I'm in the process of prioritizing them.

Also, funny story on Mario Kart. I was trying to find more information on the wi-fi adapter so I emailed Nintendo customer service. I was a bit surprise with their reply. They basically told me that I would be better off buying a wireless router instead. Kind of strange to see a company promote other companies' products over their own.

[quote name='jaykrue']Sure, if driving a birdcage is considered stylish. :lol:[/QUOTE]
You need to think of the competing models of the time. VERY few cars in the 80s were "stylish" outside of their own eras. Its why you can find a buttload of sportscars from the day very cheaply now (the vettes are the batard children of the vette line)
If you want to say the D sucked, then tell me a car that far outclassed it. Only a select few Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborginis, and a few others were stylish. And how f'ing practical are they for a time machine? Not very.

[quote name='dcfox']Triple :drool::drool::drool: for Mario Kart. Although, I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up. I have to many games on my DS wishlist, and I'm in the process of prioritizing them.

Also, funny story on Mario Kart. I was trying to find more information on the wi-fi adapter so I emailed Nintendo customer service. I was a bit surprise with their reply. They basically told me that I would be better off buying a wireless router instead. Kind of strange to see a company promote other companies' products over their own.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

Doesn't really matter for me, I don't have high spped connection. :'(

I dunno when I'll get it either. Two DVD releases on the 8th will use pretty much of my money, so I dunno.

[quote name='supadupacheap']You can. Just move to any urban area in america where law and justice turns a blind eye. ;-) Its happening in a city near you! :D[/QUOTE]
But I'd still know. I want to live somewhere where I can do it with a clear conscience, because if it's legally allowed, it's moral and ethical.

[quote name='supadupacheap']You need to think of the competing models of the time. VERY few cars in the 80s were "stylish" outside of their own eras. Its why you can find a buttload of sportscars from the day very cheaply now (the vettes are the batard children of the vette line)
If you want to say the D sucked, then tell me a car that far outclassed it. Only a select few Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborginis, and a few others were stylish. And how f'ing practical are they for a time machine? Not very.[/QUOTE]

Well, Doc Brown WAS rich so it's not like he couldn't afford any of those sports cars. As for practicality, I would've made a custom design vehicle but I suppose he was in a hurry... which in the long run doesn't make sense since it IS a time machine. :lol: And as I said, it was sturdy and was basically a tank but no one drives tanks because they look cool; they're driven because they can kick ass.:cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You just wish you had one. ;)[/QUOTE]

A time machine? Sure. A DeLorean? Not so much. If I didn't have a choice, of course I'd use the DeLorean time machine.

[quote name='jmcc']But I'd still know. I want to live somewhere where I can do it with a clear conscience, because if it's legally allowed, it's moral and ethical.[/QUOTE]
If your morality is directly tied in to the laws governing this land, you are one messed up mofo.
Killing a man is right if you believe in your heart its right. God may disagree but really, what can he do to you thats worse than what life has already done? :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, Doc Brown WAS rich so it's not like he couldn't afford any of those sports cars. As for practicality, I would've made a custom design vehicle but I suppose he was in a hurry... which in the long run doesn't make sense since it IS a time machine. :lol: And as I said, it was sturdy and was basically a tank but no one drives tanks because they look cool; they're driven because they can kick ass.:cool:[/QUOTE]
Wait, wait. I thought there was something about the steel construction of the DeLorean that made it particularly suited for time travel. But you're saying Doc just thought it looked cool?

[quote name='supadupacheap']If your morality is directly tied in to the laws governing this land, you are one messed up mofo.
Killing a man is right if you believe in your heart its right. God may disagree but really, what can he do to you thats worse than what life has already done? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Huh? Once a thing is legal, God approves of it. This is especially true in Florida.

[quote name='jmcc']Wait, wait. I thought there was something about the steel construction of the DeLorean that made it particularly suited for time travel. But you're saying Doc just thought it looked cool?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm saying that Doc thought it looked cool but I beg to differ. I'm not refuting its utility as, according to BttF physics, its steel construction made it ideal for time traveling. The only thing I don't agree with is whether or not the DeLorean was stylish that's all. I'm not talkin' about its usability. A couple of posts down, I said:

"Tacky. Sturdy, but tacky."

It just didn't look that good to me.

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, Doc Brown WAS rich [/QUOTE]
WRONG! Dr. Brown had sqandered away his family fortune on hairbrained inventions by 1985. Thats why he lived in a garage next to a Burger King. :lol:
[quote name='jaykrue']Dont so it's not like he couldn't afford any of those sports cars. As for practicality, I would've made a custom design vehicle but I suppose he was in a hurry... which in the long run doesn't make sense since it IS a time machine. :lol:[/QUOTE]
But why not modify what is currently a stock vehicle? Think about it, you need parts you call up GM and BAM, to your door in less than a week. A custom job would have been nightmarish if something broke.
[quote name='jaykrue']And as I said, it was sturdy and was basically a tank but no one drives tanks because they look cool; they're driven because they can kick ass.:cool:[/QUOTE]
Also, since he was poor it was cheap (at the time) So it had the perfect combination of frugailty, stabilty, durabilty, and overall decent styling. The D was the perfect car for the task. Time machines dont need to be sexy to get you pussy (unlike cars ;-)) Its a fuckING TIME MACHINE, it gets you all the pussy you could ever need!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']:whistle2:s

Doesn't really matter for me, I don't have high spped connection. :'(
[/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: j/k ;)

I suppose as long as you have a McD's next to you, or any other hotspot,, you should be all set.

Well, say what you will, gullwing doors are due for a comeback.

In related news, I saw so many riced out cars this week. I think making them get specialized plates should be in order. As a friend of mine put it "instead of truck plates they could be 'tard plates."

[quote name='supadupacheap']WRONG! Dr. Brown had sqandered away his family fortune on hairbrained inventions by 1985. Thats why he lived in a garage next to a Burger King. :lol:

But why not modify what is currently a stock vehicle? Think about it, you need parts you call up GM and BAM, to your door in less than a week. A custom job would have been nightmarish if something broke.

Also, since he was poor it was cheap (at the time) So it had the perfect combination of frugailty, stabilty, durabilty, and overall decent styling. The D was the perfect car for the task. Time machines dont need to be sexy to get you pussy (unlike cars ;-)) Its a fuckING TIME MACHINE, it gets you all the pussy you could ever need![/QUOTE]

I dunno. It seemed like he had a stash o' cash (remember his briefcase in 1955 in BttF2?) so I think he had some lying around to be able to afford a nice car. That said, you're right though about part replacement. It probably would be easier to get a replacement instead of getting a custom job from a fabricating shop.

[quote name='jaykrue']I dunno. It seemed like he had a stash o' cash (remember his briefcase in 1955 in BttF2?) so I think he had some lying around to be able to afford a nice car. That said, you're right though about part replacement. It probably would be easier to get a replacement instead of getting a custom job from a fabricating shop.[/QUOTE]
He went to the future man, inflation makes stacks of cash easy. Plus, all the older cash was easily collected in his various trips through time. Remember, when you can travel through time, what is UNcommon everywhere else is terribly common where you are at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back