Free 5.99 movie credit for PSN Users

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys just saw this, if you sign up at the link below and use the email linked to your PSN network account to receive PlayStation news updates, you will receive a free 5.99 voucher for use for movies on the PSN store on your ps3. Code will be emailed to your email within 72 hours and code never expires. Hurry limited quantities available. Links below:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Just copy and paste link I'm posting from cell phone and can't make link clickable.

[quote name='Velo214']i spend more than $6 on psn in a month, if not some weeks. to be banned would be messed up.
i have psn+ til 6/13 and have 128 in my psn wallet. i just didnt want to put 6 in her account and forget to ever use it since we purchase everything through my account and just gameshare it.

what # did you call pedro where she told you the reasons you were perma banned and nothing you could do about it. I will tell them to take the $6 off my account if it's that or banned. omg
i took the one redemption/per account meaning you couldn't keep putting the same account and getting more than 1 code, i didnt even think of stacking as it isnt a special message they send you but just a regular psn code.

oh well, this frontline syria thing cheapyd was watching just ended, so im off to bed.[/QUOTE]
man, when they are looking for people that abuse the promo, if everything you've said is true (and i have no reason to doubt you), you have absolutely ZERO to worry about, bud. seriously, i don't think you have anything to worry about. you all legitimately have 2 accounts & can certainly prove a miscommunication in the ToS was why you put both on same account. don't worry, you will be fine, man, but don't go calling them & bringing attention to it yourself, though.

having multiple codes due to multiple accounts is fine. i can say my family has accounts on my ps3 and they want their free "movie" code . it's stacking that will get you possibly banned. before redeeming my codes i'd like to see if people are getting banned due to stacking and what not just to make sure.

[quote name='jubeininja69']having multiple codes due to multiple accounts is fine. i can say my family has accounts on my ps3 and they want their free "movie" code . it's stacking that will get you possibly banned. before redeeming my codes i'd like to see if people are getting banned due to stacking and what not just to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. I got a few codes and i legitimately have other people that use the PS3. I was considering getting a few episodes of Walking Dead on each account, but i'm a little worried.

Its not worth losing the ridiculous amount i have invested in PSN games, but at the same time....free shit.

I know this thread has devolved into an ethics commentary, but I'd just like to say that the promo is for Videos Unlimited and not Chrono Cross or whatever.

In that sense, I really don't dig the VU stuff. "Unlimited" seems generous. The service itself is pretty crappy and cash-grabby. Not to mention severely (here's the pun) limited. $2 per episode of a 20+ episodic season is a bit steep considering cable gets you the same and then some. A $6 credit isn't really gonna change my mind.

As far as stacking goes, no thanks; I'm not an asshat and I actually like to reward companies for their promos with my business. Power to the people I suppose.

[quote name='p-spiddy']
As far as stacking goes, no thanks; I'm not an asshat and I actually like to reward companies for their promos with my business. Power to the people I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Lol, this isn't your blog. Take your whiny facebook posts somewhere else, dickbag.

[quote name='sneezebu']Lol, this isn't your blog. Take your whiny facebook posts somewhere else, dickbag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know he's entitled to his opinion, just as you are yours. Try to be a little more considerate. I realize this is the internet but this just seems uncalled-for.

[quote name='sneezebu']Lol, this isn't your blog. Take your whiny facebook posts somewhere else, dickbag.[/QUOTE]

lmao +1:applause:

[quote name='warreni']Yeah, you know he's entitled to his opinion, just as you are yours. Try to be a little more considerate. I realize this is the internet but this just seems uncalled-for.[/QUOTE]

We can't have opinions of people's opinions? And besides when you passive aggressively call a group of people asshats don't be surPrised if people are "inconsiderate" to you.

[quote name='ponn01']We can't have opinions of people's opinions? And besides when you passive aggressively call a group of people asshats don't be surPrised if people are "inconsiderate" to you.[/QUOTE]

I stated my opinion on the application that applies to this thread. My saying "asshat" was a tame way of saying "fucktards". Get over it. Take a cue from others in this thread who post relevant information. Speaking of-

I just got my code. It took approx. 36hrs.

[quote name='p-spiddy'] My saying "asshat" was a tame way of saying "fucktards". Get over it. Take a cue from others in this thread who post relevant information. .[/QUOTE]

Lol, get a life you lonely neckbeard.

perma-ban kind of harsh but IF i do get perma-ban i guess i will have to call them to let them it won't happen again and shorten the ban. i wish i came to this thread before i stacked a couple would have avoided this mess altogether.

Just so you guys know, I stacked 2 codes and I haven't been banned.

Also, the way the codes are working, they act just like a PSN Card. It even says something to the extent of "This PSN card contains $5.99" or something. I doubt there's anything about the code that alerts Sony when you put it in a same account. Maybe, but I doubt it.

In terms of the ethical stuff, is it wrong? Well, yeah, but the way I see it is that, like someone else said, this isn't some third party exploit, Sony clearly did this and could have made codes that are tied to a specific account, or done this in a way that didn't involve codes, but they didn't. If I did get banned, I wouldn't blame them, but they aren't going to ban people over something that was done fully using the resources they provided.

yeah i just stacked my wife and my code on my main account cuz that's where i buy stuff from, if i knew it would be possible ban i would have just put it on 1 account each. oh wellz. we will see. im still calling bs on anyone getting banned. but we will see. the only way they would tell is if they look for who added multiple $6 codes. i just used 2 2.99 and 20 and 3 month psn+ code the day before, so idk. peace all

n yeah i didnt hack or whatev my ps3, so idk, it took them long enough to ban people that were pirating ps3 games so yeah...
i dont know if they are gonna run around and ban people over 5.99 that have been active psn store users, but idk.

also yeah, they could have done this tied to the account with messages like they did for the $60/10 promo, but they didnt, they knew the risks.

[quote name='Velo214']well, where else are there $6 codes? thats the only problem[/QUOTE]

True, but looking at the e-mailed receipt I got when I added funds, all it says is
"Charge Method: PlayStation(R)Network Card "

So considering I didn't even add these codes on the same day, the only way they are even going to possibly notice is if they have some notification set up for when people use multiple $5.99 cards within...a certain period of time? Unlikely.

I can see them catching on to someone who puts in 3 or 4 plus codes all at the same time, but putting in a PSN Card code and then two/three days later putting in another one? Especially with all the accounts out there? Not going to happen.

Only one person has claimed they've been banned, and he's been vague and only had one other post on this website.

tl;dr: I wouldn't stack codes from here on out, but if you have stacked 2 codes on an account because of your brother/girlfriend/etc, don't worry.

[quote name='Velo214']well, where else are there $6 codes? thats the only problem[/QUOTE]

other users who sell stuff are where the extra codes could come from. it shouldnt matter if your codes are stacked since you get a code for your psn account and if you have multiple accounts there should not be a problem as long as all those extra account bought things in the past

[quote name='sir-fly']so how do they no we didnt buy the codes from ebay or craigslist or someother place[/QUOTE]

That's what I feel would be worse than someone getting a few codes for their own use - getting a bunch of codes and selling them.

I'm sure there are a bunch of $5.99 codes out there for sale on fleabay right now though.

And Sony banning you for using cheap codes you bought on fleabay? Not sure, I've never read the terms and conditions.

Wow, glad my post helped so many people out :).

Just a few qs. So what happens if you do add your multiple codes onto one account and then use it to quickly to buy whatever it is you want. Say they do ban that account, you still have the content on your ps3 harddrive. Will they only ban that 1 account that you stacked codes on, or will they ban all the accounts ever made on that ps3, eg.. will the main account you really do care about get banned as well even though u didn't stack codes on it. Anyone know?

[quote name='srac84']Wow, glad my post helped so many people out :).

Just a few qs. So what happens if you do add your multiple codes onto one account and then use it to quickly to buy whatever it is you want. Say they do ban that account, you still have the content on your ps3 harddrive. Will they only ban that 1 account that you stacked codes on, or will they ban all the accounts ever made on that ps3, eg.. will the main account you really do care about get banned as well even though u didn't stack codes on it. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude!

[quote name='p-spiddy']I stated my opinion on the application that applies to this thread. My saying "asshat" was a tame way of saying "fucktards". Get over it. Take a cue from others in this thread who post relevant information. Speaking of-

I just got my code. It took approx. 36hrs.[/QUOTE]

Here's some relevant information, I stacked two codes last night and I'm not banned playing the Chrono Cross I bought. Oh and I did it without resorting to calling people asshats and fucktards for not conforming to my made up code of ethics.

No, but please continue with your oh so "relevant" sermon on ethics Pastor Holier Than Thou.

From the terms:
"The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged."

I'm just wondering when they say that, is it referring to the cash they give you or is it like referring to lets say iono... sticking the code into a toaster? Cuz if they mean the cash I'd say that'd be the only reason someone could possibly get banned from this.

[quote name='Kakdum']From the terms:
"The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged."

I'm just wondering when they say that, is it referring to the cash they give you or is it like referring to lets say iono... sticking the code into a toaster? Cuz if they mean the cash I'd say that'd be the only reason someone could possibly get banned from this.[/QUOTE]

It's possible but I doubt Sony will go on this banning spree. It's not worth it for them. Ban someone over 5.99 credit and piss off many customers who probably will never buy stuff over PSN again or just let PSN users pour those credits right back into Sony (not all of it as some goes to the publisher).

I could see them banning those who are stacking or abusing this but honestly I can't see them banning users when it mixes right in with our other credits.

they're paying you $6 to opt in to a marketing program (effectively), and hoping you might trial run their video service if you haven't already.

if you already have multiple accounts, i cant see why they would care if you signed up each of these for the code.

if you redeem a few of these codes on your primary account, seems "CAG-y" and it's probably not what they had in mind, but seems unlikely that they'll ban hammer.

if you start creating accounts and/or start stacking a bunch of codes on a single account, seems "SD-y" and I can definitely see how they might react negatively.

there's something about game theory and how far you can push it before you get hit. the only way to guarantee no getting hit is to do it just right. one account, one code. everything else is a game, right?

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']they're paying you $6 to opt in to a marketing program (effectively), and hoping you might trial run their video service if you haven't already.

if you already have multiple accounts, i cant see why they would care if you signed up each of these for the code.

if you redeem a few of these codes on your primary account, seems "CAG-y" and it's probably not what they had in mind, but seems unlikely that they'll ban hammer.

if you start creating accounts and/or start stacking a bunch of codes on a single account, seems "SD-y" and I can definitely see how they might react negatively.

there's something about game theory and how far you can push it before you get hit. the only way to guarantee no getting hit is to do it just right. one account, one code. everything else is a game, right?[/QUOTE]

I doubt you could create a bunch of new accounts to get codes, as it says the codes will only be sent to pre-existing accounts.

If you're going to risk stacking codes on one account, do it on a dummy account.. doing it on your main account is a bad idea.

[quote name='srac84']Hey guys just saw this, if you sign up at the link below and use the email linked to your PSN network account to receive PlayStation news updates, you will receive a free 5.99 voucher for use for movies on the PSN store on your ps3. Code will be emailed to your email within 72 hours and code never expires. Hurry limited quantities available. Links below:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Just copy and paste link I'm posting from cell phone and can't make link clickable.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much OP.

Alright, thanks submitted. I might finally actually buy a movie or two off of PSN using this. Been just lurking on the video section of PSN for the free TV stuff.

I'm thinking people can't make up a bunch of accounts and get multiple credits. Sounds like you had to have the PSN account made up prior to the announcement of the promotion. I'm sure they have some kind of safeguard in place to check the date of the account creation.

But if the accounts were made before the announcement...different story.

[quote name='p-spiddy']I know this thread has devolved into an ethics commentary, but I'd just like to say that the promo is for Videos Unlimited and not Chrono Cross or whatever.

In that sense, I really don't dig the VU stuff. "Unlimited" seems generous. The service itself is pretty crappy and cash-grabby. Not to mention severely (here's the pun) limited. $2 per episode of a 20+ episodic season is a bit steep considering cable gets you the same and then some. A $6 credit isn't really gonna change my mind.

As far as stacking goes, no thanks; I'm not an asshat and I actually like to reward companies for their promos with my business. Power to the people I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Scumbags who abuse the system is a disfavor to your fellow man (limited quantities and whatnot) and since they've been bleeding money I don't think they'll be doing this type of promotion again. Hope they stick out the banhammer on anyone who really stuck out their hand at the cookie jar and took a massive amount for themselves.

Still waiting on my code, I read the OP in the morning and no funds added or emails sent yet.

[quote name='MrBubbles']Agreed.

Still waiting on my code, I read the OP in the morning and no funds added or emails sent yet.[/QUOTE]

It was about 24 hours before mine was e-mailed.

I just don't see it being abused nearly as much as one would think it could be. Only because I don't think they are sending codes for accounts made up after the promotion was posted. Yea you have some people out there with some extra accounts but I don't think it is enough to ruin the promotion.

Well, I'm not going to milk this by trying to get credits on different accounts, but I given that they just add the funds to your wallet, I really don't think there's anything wrong with buying a game with it. Sony should have thought this through if they really wanted it to only be used for videos. Certainly they had to expect that many would use it for something else.

That said, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the credit since it's been a long time since I've actually bought something on PSN. I've kind of narrowed it down to: Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics and Trine.

I enjoyed the demo of Trine, but am curious if it's worth it over the other "classics" aforementioned.

[quote name='twztid13']it says the CODE can't be used for other purposes, not the credit once it's in your account. it differentiates between the two (code & credit in account) prior, so i have every reason to believe they'd specify again.[/QUOTE]
tricky (legal) part
"code can't be used for other purposes"
what's the purpose of these codes? getting free MOVIE credit, even if it appears as psn wallet, I think you're breaching their terms by buying a game/dlc with it.

Pedro might have gotten banned by stacking 2 and buying a game, double offense if you will.
Or he's not telling the whole truth (account already banned before, etc...)

Just a few qs. So what happens if you do add your multiple codes onto one account and then use it to quickly to buy whatever it is you want. Say they do ban that account, you still have the content on your ps3 harddrive. Will they only ban that 1 account that you stacked codes on, or will they ban all the accounts ever made on that ps3, eg.. will the main account you really do care about get banned as well even though u didn't stack codes on it. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
was wondering the same, if I stack 2-3, do I risk permanent*:
1. account ban
2. ps3 ban

*or temporary?

[quote name='ponn01']Here's some relevant information, I stacked two codes last night and I'm not banned playing the Chrono Cross I bought. Oh and I did it without resorting to calling people asshats and fucktards for not conforming to my made up code of ethics.

No, but please continue with your oh so "relevant" sermon on ethics Pastor Holier Than Thou.[/QUOTE]
+10, I :applause: Sir, this is one constructive post!

[quote name='Kakdum'] may not be used for any other purpose
sticking the code into a toaster? [/QUOTE]
lmao

awp
Trine isn't bad, but what about:
Hamilton's great Adventure
Rochard
Worms Crazy Golf
Trine 2
Cuboid
inFamous Festival of Blood

(all $10)
instead?

[quote name='meeek']tricky (legal) part
"code can't be used for other purposes"
what's the purpose of these codes? getting free MOVIE credit, even if it appears as psn wallet, I think you're breaching their terms by buying a game/dlc with it.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but the wording seems like it legally would mean as twztid13 interpreted. I think if you, like we've already seen on eBay, sold it that to me would be more of a breach.

Anyway, I really can't see them banning people for using it for a game. It's in your wallet. If they wanted to force the video download issue, they should have come up with a different delivery mechanism (like maybe giving a choice of say 20 movies that you could watch for free).

Stacking codes....well, that's a little more iffy if you ask me. But again, if Sony wants to protect itself, it should have worked all of this out ahead of time.

[quote name='meeek']Trine isn't bad, but what about (thought of getting those):
Rochard
Cuboid
Trine 2

instead?[/QUOTE]

Is Trine 2 even out? And if so, does it require knowledge from the first one?

My bad, no T2 yet!

inFamous Festival of Blood
Rochard
Worms Crazy Golf
Cuboid
Hamilton's great Adventure

(all $10)

Vagrant Story and ps2 games
$5.99

usually if you did get banned, it would be the account that caused fraud. they don't usually ban systems, unless there was hacking/account stealing/ and sometimes gamesharing involved. as for banned accounts, the downloads still continue to work on an activated ps3,even if the account is banned(there was a scam before where people used fake ps3/cc to buy psn credit, the accounts got banned but the downloads kept working).

some of you might want to consider getting the fight night champion mode its only 4.99 i believe and pretty fun so far. oh yeah as far as the guy who was banned goes how do we know that was why he got banned? theres a number of ways and reasons someone can have their account banned did he ever post the email that said he was banned and explained why ? did he even get an email concerning it?

bread's done
Back