Free 5.99 movie credit for PSN Users

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys just saw this, if you sign up at the link below and use the email linked to your PSN network account to receive PlayStation news updates, you will receive a free 5.99 voucher for use for movies on the PSN store on your ps3. Code will be emailed to your email within 72 hours and code never expires. Hurry limited quantities available. Links below:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Just copy and paste link I'm posting from cell phone and can't make link clickable.

I don't use forums very often but does anyone else here get a little worried by the part where you check off - "Yes, I agree to allow my personal information to be shared with PlayStation partners for marketing purposes." ?

[quote name='HellFollowed']I don't use forums very often but does anyone else here get a little worried by the part where you check off - "Yes, I agree to allow my personal information to be shared with PlayStation partners for marketing purposes." ?[/QUOTE]
It also says in parentheses or an asterisk (I forget) that you don't need to check it to get the credit. Just check only the first box.

Anyway, I got the credit for my main account, but still haven't seen anything for my other accounts.

yeah i made sure not to check that one. and yeah signed up with my velo and my grrls mina accounts and we both got 5.99 each. woot

[quote name='pedrobeara']stacked mine and got my account banned :( they are on to us[/QUOTE]

Wow are you serious? Did they give you any notification that specified you were banned due to stacking the vouchers? Also, how many did you stack? I'm glad I didn't attempt stacking (not like I could anyway, only got one code so far).

[quote name='sunghost']Wow are you serious? Did they give you any notification that specified you were banned due to stacking the vouchers? Also, how many did you stack? I'm glad I didn't attempt stacking (not like I could anyway, only got one code so far).[/QUOTE]

that sucks i already stacked 4 (all of them were my accounts). Was going to do one more but I'll stop. I really hope it temp ban 2-3 days or week & not permanent.

Stacking? Hrm. My wife and I both signed up for the credit, but we also both actively use our accounts (not to mention the fact that we own 2 PS3's). So I don't imagine there will be any issues. But I wouldn't be creating random accounts trying to get more credits - that's just asking for trouble.

[quote name='argyle']Stacking? Hrm. My wife and I both signed up for the credit, but we also both actively use our accounts (not to mention the fact that we own 2 PS3's). So I don't imagine there will be any issues. But I wouldn't be creating random accounts trying to get more credits - that's just asking for trouble.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine as long as you don't use both codes on one account (stacking).

[quote name='sunghost']You should be fine as long as you don't use both codes on one account (stacking).[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. :)

I have two sub-accounts on my ps3, I signed up on e-mails for both of them. Don't know if I should fully go through with it. I haven't got the actual code in the e-mail yet anyway.

[quote name='pedrobeara']stacked mine and got my account banned :( they are on to us[/QUOTE]

Are you trolling or serious? Do you have any proof of it?

[quote name='Antipodes']Are you trolling or serious? Do you have any proof of it?[/QUOTE]
i say his lying sign up with my accounts now waiting for emails :cool:

This is now on the front page of SD and the thread implies that the codes stack. I really hope Sony does ban those of you stacking codes.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's not lying. You'd expect Sony to do something about those that are stacking codes.. it's far too easy to get multiple $5.99 credits.

How many codes did you stack man??

I have two (one for my GF), I was just going to apply them to my account since they give you the code... But maybe Ill wait....

[quote name='TPerryoo7']How many codes did you stack man??

I have two (one for my GF), I was just going to apply them to my account since they give you the code... But maybe Ill wait....[/QUOTE]
if u wait to long sony may fix :hot:

it's just a code, they aren't banning anyone. what did they say? you just can't sign in now?
call them up and raise shit. i read the small print and all it says is one code per account. it says nothing about needing to be spent on movies or not being allowed to stack etc. i will be super pissed if my account gets banned.

I can't believe people are flipping out. I'd figure it'd be common sense that using multiple codes on one account is a stupid idea.

Maybe this is a clever plan by Sony to reveal gamesharing accounts now that they're cutting gamesharing down. >>

how did this have anything to do with gamesharing accounts?
my wife and i both use ps3's but we just buy stuff on my account and share it between the two of us.
before nov 4th 5 ps3s were fine, and even after nov 18th we can still share between our two ps3s.
this has nothing to do with gamesharing.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is it for US only or NA? i have a few mexican accounts that i could use[/QUOTE]
doesn't hurt to try u dont lose anything

check's the guy's post, he's... weird
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5169639

that doesn't mean he's lying (this time), or that Sony won't ban the "stackers"...

Here's the legal stuff:

The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012 ("Promotional Term"). The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code is only available to legal U.S. residents with a pre-existing PlayStation®Network ("PSN") or Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account who are 18 or older and who have either opted in to Sony Group of Companies marketing communication or who have confirmed their opt-in status during the Promotional Term.
One promotional code ("Code") per qualifying user account may be redeemed pursuant to this promotion. Code expires January 31, 2012. Once code is redeemed, however, the entitlement can be used even after Code expiration. The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. Promotion code will be sent via email within 72 hours of opt-in confirmation.
For assistance, go to http://us.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com or contact Consumer Services at 1-800-345-7669. While supplies last. Start date and terms subject to change without notice. Use of the Video Unlimited Service is subject to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy, see http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/tosua.
Children under 18 must have parental consent to establish a PSN or SEN account and may not be able to access certain content or services. Broadband service required for download; user responsible for associated fees. The Video Unlimited service features and offerings may change without notice.

Risky, wanna get your main account or ps3 locked?
Feedback from more veteran CAG's than pedroweirdo is welcomed!

[quote name='meeek']check's the guy's post, he's... weird
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5169639

that doesn't mean he's lying (this time), or that Sony won't ban the "stackers"...

Here's the legal stuff:

The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012 ("Promotional Term"). The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code is only available to legal U.S. residents with a pre-existing PlayStation®Network ("PSN") or Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account who are 18 or older and who have either opted in to Sony Group of Companies marketing communication or who have confirmed their opt-in status during the Promotional Term.
One promotional code ("Code") per qualifying user account may be redeemed pursuant to this promotion.Code expires January 31, 2012. Once code is redeemed, however, the entitlement can be used even after Code expiration. The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. Promotion code will be sent via email within 72 hours of opt-in confirmation.
For assistance, go to http://us.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com or contact Consumer Services at 1-800-345-7669. While supplies last. Start date and terms subject to change without notice. Use of the Video Unlimited Service is subject to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy, see http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/tosua.
Children under 18 must have parental consent to establish a PSN or SEN account and may not be able to access certain content or services. Broadband service required for download; user responsible for associated fees. The Video Unlimited service features and offerings may change without notice.

Risky, wanna get your main account or ps3 locked?
Feedback from more veteran CAG's than pedroweirdo is welcomed![/QUOTE]

They are completely within their rights to ban your account and it's easy to check, just depends if they care that much, although it getting posted on SD probably means this shit will get abused like a red headed step child.

what to buy? what to buy? I stacked 10 codes!!!

Nah just kidding, 3 episodes of Walking Dead season 2 SD, or a PS One classic ? Hmm decision decision

i stacked 2 on my main account both codes were for accounts owned by me so far so good i already wasted it though on grubbins on ice DLC and infamous festival of blood i really doubt SONY would ban you unless you were stacking like 5+

[quote name='Wario64']Pretty sure pedrobeara is trolling.

If they do ban, what's stopping them from banning people who don't use it on videos?[/QUOTE]
I think he is, but you never know.

we're not the ones responsible if they can be used on anything, and they certainly won't ban anyone for that!

[quote name='Velo214']it's just a code, they aren't banning anyone. what did they say? you just can't sign in now?
call them up and raise shit. i read the small print and all it says is one code per account. it says nothing about needing to be spent on movies or not being allowed to stack etc. i will be super pissed if my account gets banned.[/QUOTE]
The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012 (Promotional Term”). The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code is only available to legal U.S.residents with a pre-existing PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) or Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account who are 18 or older and who have either opted in to Sony Group of Companies marketing communication or who have confirmed their opt in status during the Promotional Term. One promotional code (“Code”) per qualifying user account may be redeemed pursuant to this promotion. Code expires January 31, 2012. Once code is redeemed, however, the entitlement can be used even after Code expiration. The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. Promotion code will be sent via email within 72 hours of opt-in confirmation.

may not be used for any other purpose hurrr durrrr

also only stacked one code when i called them up they gave me the run around and turns out its a perma ban

I can see them perma-banning for stacking codes, but not for people using the credit on non-video purchases. What if you already have PSN credit in your wallet before adding the free credit? I don't think there's any way to differentiate which credit is which, and if you bought a $10+ game it's going to force you to use the free video credit for that purchase.

[quote name='velo214']perma ban over $6 i dont think so.
And you really think they are gonna ban everyone that doesn't spend it on videos?[/quote]

Being on the front page of SD, I can see tons of people abusing this. You think they would really go though and ban all those users?

Besides, is this any different from that time that you could get five free months of XBL instead of just the one month you were supposed to get? The worse people got there were flagged accounts and having to deal with a terrible CS for twenty minutes.

i spend more than $6 on psn in a month, if not some weeks. to be banned would be messed up.
i have psn+ til 6/13 and have 128 in my psn wallet. i just didnt want to put 6 in her account and forget to ever use it since we purchase everything through my account and just gameshare it.

what # did you call pedro where she told you the reasons you were perma banned and nothing you could do about it. I will tell them to take the $6 off my account if it's that or banned. omg
i took the one redemption/per account meaning you couldn't keep putting the same account and getting more than 1 code, i didnt even think of stacking as it isnt a special message they send you but just a regular psn code.

oh well, this frontline syria thing cheapyd was watching just ended, so im off to bed.

[quote name='Indignate']Being on the front page of SD, I can see tons of people abusing this. You think they would really go though and ban all those users?

Besides, is this any different from that time that you could get five free months of XBL instead of just the one month you were supposed to get? The worse people got there were flagged accounts and having to deal with a terrible CS for twenty minutes.[/QUOTE]

I think the main difference is that those Xbox Live/Point exploits were mostly done from 3rd parties. Even then, stacking codes from those were allowed on X360. Who knows if Sony will pursue action for something similar, this is probably the first promo ever for PS3 that's even up to that nature. Another thing that's different is that this promo is done from Sony itself.

I think they probably won't be able to ban everyone who tries to abuse the promo, but I think they'll try to get as much as they can. I mean, even with one stack, that's a loss of $6.

Why are people worried about being banned over using the code on something else? That's dumb and highly unlikely. The people who would get banned are the ones who stack codes on one account. Sony would be pissed over that.

[quote name='kube00']still havent seen the email about this yet[/QUOTE]
i had to actually download the player before it sent mine (at least it seemed that way). went a whole day w/o it, then checked to see if Tue update had come on the PS store. it hadn't so i downloaded the video unlimited player. about 5 - 10 minutes later, i got the email. may be coincedence, but worth noting for those who haven't gotten it yet.

also, THANK YOU OP for posting this HERE (no matter how many times it was posted before). people that don't scour the deals page 24 hours a day never see the original posts. you see how many people your post helped, so please don't let the haters dissuade you from helping in the future.

RANT
people say search for it. if i'm browsing the deals, i obviously don't know about it to search for it. when i post a deal, i look through the 1st 2 pages, and if it's not there, then i post it. people posting deals are trying to help other people, so they try to get it to us as quickly as possible (before it's dead/changed). if someone has a habit of trying to get credit for something, then give them crap (i guess that's why someone would continually repost deals to such an extent). most of the time, these haters just go off on any deal for the smallest of nitpicky things, which 100% of those cases/times, i would have missed those deals, as would many other CAG's. if it's that big a problem, go cry to the mods, as the majority of the CAG community finds helpful posts & deals great.

if you're happy that you spend all day in the deals forums & want to post a link to prove that you are king of the world cuz this or that deal has been posted before, then go ahead, but we will continue to ignore it. it never gets the new posts deleted, and the new post continues to help people. you don't like others to be helped, or say you want the deals page 'tidy' (WTF?), we get it, but write a book about it or something instead of trying to hate on CAG's that try to do what this site was created for - to share deals. /RANT

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pedrobeara']The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code offer begins November 2, 2011 and ends January 31, 2012 (Promotional Term”). The Video Unlimited $5.99 Promotion Code is only available to legal U.S.residents with a pre-existing PlayStation®Network (“PSN”) or Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account who are 18 or older and who have either opted in to Sony Group of Companies marketing communication or who have confirmed their opt in status during the Promotional Term. One promotional code (“Code”) per qualifying user account may be redeemed pursuant to this promotion. Code expires January 31, 2012. Once code is redeemed, however, the entitlement can be used even after Code expiration. The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. Promotion code will be sent via email within 72 hours of opt-in confirmation.

may not be used for any other purpose hurrr durrrr

also only stacked one code when i called them up they gave me the run around and turns out its a perma ban[/QUOTE]
it says the CODE can't be used for other purposes, not the credit once it's in your account. it differentiates between the two (code & credit in account) prior, so i have every reason to believe they'd specify again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using for another purpose is an entirely different thing than stacking codes. Using codes differently is on them and doesn't actually cost that much. Stacking codes is on you and is essentially stealing money straight from Sony.

[quote name='twztid13']i had to actually download the player before it sent mine (at least it seemed that way). went a whole day w/o it, then checked to see if Tue update had come on the PS store. it hadn't so i downloaded the video unlimited player. about 5 - 10 minutes later, i got the email. may be coincedence, but worth noting for those who haven't gotten it yet.

also, THANK YOU OP for posting this HERE (no matter how many times it was posted before). people that don't scour the deals page 24 hours a day never see the original posts. you see how many people your post helped, so please don't let the haters dissuade you from helping in the future.

RANT
people say search for it. if i'm browsing the deals, i obviously don't know about it to search for it. when i post a deal, i look through the 1st 2 pages, and if it's not there, then i post it. people posting deals are trying to help other people, so they try to get it to us as quickly as possible (before it's changed). if someone has a habitual habit of trying to get credit for something, then give them crap (i guess that's why someone would continually repost deals). most of the time, these haters just go off on any deal for the smallest of nitpicky things, which 100% of those cases/times, i would have missed those deals, as would many other CAG's. if it's that big a problem, go cry to the mods, as the majority of the CAG community finds helpful posts & deals great.

if you're happy that you spend all day in the deals forums & want to post a link to prove that you are king of the world cuz this or that deal has been posted, then go ahead, but we will continue to ignore it. it never gets the new posts deleted, and the new post continues to help people. you don't like others to be helped, or say you want the deals page 'tidy' (WTF?), we get it, but write a book about it or something instead of trying to hate on CAG's that are trying to do what this site was created for - to share deals. /RANT[/QUOTE]

yeah thanks to the op for posting this deal. sometimes this forum can be downright immature just because multiple people post the same deals. i don't spend the rest of my day on here and i only browse the first few pages. i really appreciate those that post the deals again for people who don't spend their entire lives on here to see. keep up the good work guys keep on posting deals whether it's been posted already or not. you're helping out people like me here.

sometimes i go to slickdeals where people are not afraid to post deals and bitch just because it's posted already. the bitching and mourning and immaturity of this forum is why people are not posting more deals on here. i have to go to slickdeals to make sure i don't miss a deal nowadays.

bread's done
Back