Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Argh! Under a 100 coins away from Platinum! Googled and found out I can't use the other 200 or so coins because it's 1 game per account!:hot:
First time signing up. I have a lot of coins built up.;)

I did, however, get my Super Mario 3D Land code, instantly!!!!!:D:applause:[/QUOTE]

Can't you add a family member to your account and then they use the coins you can't? I never tried this but heard about it in the past. Then both accounts share the coins. I just got Platinum status and just under 800 coins. I hit about 5 or 6 more codes. Plus I don't have any expiring coins. Hope a good download replaces Kid Icarus on April 7.

Does anyone know if you can "stack" games? Like get the digital version of one and the physical version of the same game and get coins for both? I recall Fire Emblem working that way, but figured I would ask.

finally registered my pikachu 3ds and lugi's mansion... got the code for the free game immediately. got Mario Land. now to sleep in and my head hurts from finally experiencing for the first time how 3d gaming on handhelds. hehe

Thanks guys, my code showed up in my account today, no clue why it said shipping 7 - 8 weeks.

I think I did pretty good this week.

3DS XL $151.99, Luigis Mansion $33.94, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning $19.99

Did anyone get Mystery Dungeon? Does it get better after the first part?

I did alright as well this week. First Nintendo handheld I have owned. I have played my little brothers DS/3DS but my parents bought him those. Grabbed him a blue one and my little sister a pink one, and Im keeping a Pikachu. Last handheld I owned was a Gameboy phat when I was pretty little.

Walmart PM - Pikachu 171 aft taxes, Luigis 34.99. Registered both and sold my Star Fox code to a fellow CAGer for $20, Pokemon 29.99 Scribblenauts Unlimited 19.99 (Amazon), Rayman Origins 7.99 Best Buy.

[quote name='admiralvic']Does anyone know if you can "stack" games? Like get the digital version of one and the physical version of the same game and get coins for both? I recall Fire Emblem working that way, but figured I would ask.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can as I have sold a few retail copies and letter bought digital and got coins for both on the same account.

Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 3D were the two that I replaced.

[quote name='wilflare']what's so good about Platinum status?[/QUOTE]

By July (1st or so) you'll be able to get the Platinum prize for the Club Nintendo year (or you can choose the Gold prize if you want. Last year they did it differently by offering game downloads as well if you don't like the swag they offer. This year I'm assuming we will see a Luigi theme in the prizes because of Nintendo's "Year of Luigi".

I've been checking my local walmart and kmart for pikachu 3ds but with no success. Kmart has 3ds XL on sale for $169.99 this week and luigi's mansion for $34.99. Walmart has the blue mario kart XL bundle for $199.99 same price as it is without the game so I'm wondering will walmart price match kmart or maybe even target on the bundle since the bundle is the same price and sort of a bonus? I really love my launch 3ds but after reading so many good things about the XL (minus the speakers being quiet) I've got kind of wanting one since the 3ds has so many great games especially when you count the ds titles.

I was told yesterday, by a Nintendo rep, (admin level at that) that using family accounts to register multiple copies of a game was a violation of the ToS.

This came up because although I bought my xl in October, I only registered the serial and actually lost the pin slip. I asked them to register my system, they gave me 160 "courtesy coins" instead. I asked if this would mess up the promo if I did get an xl code, and mentioned my "sub" account. This got him on the attack, and he immediately began badgering me.
Said I was circumventing their rules, that to only point was the surveys. I told him he was a hypocrite, as adding courtesy coins instead of registering doesn't get them survey results.

Any how, I've got almost 600 CN coins left, I'll buy someone all the CN games currently offered , or some now some later for their xl pin or sm3d land game code.

sucks you have to get an xl, i personally think they're too big and like the 3ds better. i have neither, but kind of want one for the mario titles.

[quote name='wilflare']what's so good about Platinum status?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Just has a 'ring' to it!:)

[quote name='Bumslie']Can't you add a family member to your account and then they use the coins you can't? I never tried this but heard about it in the past. Then both accounts share the coins. I just got Platinum status and just under 800 coins. I hit about 5 or 6 more codes. Plus I don't have any expiring coins. Hope a good download replaces Kid Icarus on April 7.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna check out the trade forum.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']By July (1st or so) you'll be able to get the Platinum prize for the Club Nintendo year (or you can choose the Gold prize if you want. Last year they did it differently by offering game downloads as well if you don't like the swag they offer. This year I'm assuming we will see a Luigi theme in the prizes because of Nintendo's "Year of Luigi".[/QUOTE]

Oh. Ok. I'll look more into this!

Thanks!:)

I got banned from club nintendo recently because my sister and I used the same address. We didn't do the free game deal, they just didn't like that we had 2 separate accounts. They could have atleast merged them or something. I lost my platinum status too.. that's what I get for buying all the nintendo games and consoles.

Anyone have experience with bans before? Are they forgiving or no? I haven't called them yet but not sure if they will do anything about it or not.

I dont need the codes, but would like to trade a regular 3DS code and a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon code for some Microsoft points, was never big on the CN offers so just PM me if intrested

CODES TRADED TO CAG'er!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']I got banned from club nintendo recently because my sister and I used the same address. We didn't do the free game deal, they just didn't like that we had 2 separate accounts. They could have atleast merged them or something. I lost my platinum status too.. that's what I get for buying all the nintendo games and consoles.

Anyone have experience with bans before? Are they forgiving or no? I haven't called them yet but not sure if they will do anything about it or not.[/QUOTE]

Me and my brother have separate Club Nintendo accounts and we have obviously have the same address and yet we haven't been banned. At least I hope we aren't.

I've had my account for years, it apparently goes back to like 2006 or something like that, while my brothers goes back to maybe 2010 or 2011 not sure. But no problems on our ends.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I got banned from club nintendo recently because my sister and I used the same address. We didn't do the free game deal, they just didn't like that we had 2 separate accounts. They could have atleast merged them or something. I lost my platinum status too.. that's what I get for buying all the nintendo games and consoles.

Anyone have experience with bans before? Are they forgiving or no? I haven't called them yet but not sure if they will do anything about it or not.[/QUOTE]

Wow. fucking stupid.

[quote name='Bumslie']Can't you add a family member to your account and then they use the coins you can't? I never tried this but heard about it in the past. Then both accounts share the coins. I just got Platinum status and just under 800 coins. I hit about 5 or 6 more codes. Plus I don't have any expiring coins. Hope a good download replaces Kid Icarus on April 7.[/QUOTE]

I'm not understanding this... share coins?

I would think if you had a family account that Nintendo would handle it in one of two ways...
Either have everyone in the family account be able to throw coins into a pot by registering their own games (with different pins) and then the main account holder would be able to get things with the coins and have the ability to send digital items that were purchased with the accumulated coins to a someone on the account by choosing one of the family accounts 'sub-accounts'.
Or... Having everyone in the family have their own sub-accounts within the family account and only linking coins that were acquired to the actual sub-account that earned them, and the only reason to have a family account would be the accounts would be linked via one street address.

Or is there devious coin scam that could be done if you have two Club Nintendo accounts?

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Have:
a code for any game of your choosing out of the 5. $39 value

Want:
$30 PayPal (no trades)[/QUOTE]
If anybody else is offering a similar deal, I'd be game. I'd like a digital copy of Star Fox. Trade pending.

[quote name='OsCream']Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to open the 3ds eshop?
I cant dl my free game[/QUOTE]

I was having problems. It's a brand new system so I reformatted the SD card and then did the system update through system settings instead of the prompt when you enter the store. Works fine now.

I never got around to registering my XL that I got for my birthday a few months ago. And a friend just bought Luigi's Mansion...and was nice enough to give me the registration card. Free game, here I come!

All this banning stuff... I have a Black Wii Bundle that I never registered, and I already have a Red NSMB Wii registered on my family account. It's not gonna give me any issues if I register the black one for points is it?

I'm trying to spam register everything I've neglected to reach Platinum for 2013.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I've been checking my local walmart and kmart for pikachu 3ds but with no success. Kmart has 3ds XL on sale for $169.99 this week and luigi's mansion for $34.99. Walmart has the blue mario kart XL bundle for $199.99 same price as it is without the game so I'm wondering will walmart price match kmart or maybe even target on the bundle since the bundle is the same price and sort of a bonus? I really love my launch 3ds but after reading so many good things about the XL (minus the speakers being quiet) I've got kind of wanting one since the 3ds has so many great games especially when you count the ds titles.[/QUOTE]

I did just that... I brought the target ad with me to Walmart and showed that the blue 3ds XL was also on sale. It seems that the Mario Kart 7 is the same sku, so they just price matched it for me.. with some resistance since it was a $40 markdown. Needless to say, I got the Mario Kart 7 bundle for $159.99. Hope that helps.

I always hoard codes after I reach platinum for a year, to put them all in after the statuses reset to get platinum again the next year, and I have not been banned. I also have multiple DS and 3DS systems registered with no issues. My gf does not use Club Nintendo and she gave me her unused pin code from when she bought the pink 3DS XL way back from when you had to order them from that one online clothes store. I forget the name of it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']finally registered my pikachu 3ds and lugi's mansion... got the code for the free game immediately. got Mario Land. now to sleep in and my head hurts from finally experiencing for the first time how 3d gaming on handhelds. hehe[/QUOTE]

My experience became a 1,000x's better after I turned on power save mode and turned the brightness down a tad. You really gotta play around with those settings. Then, it may make it easier for you to find that 'center' view when playing! Beware of Rainbow Road(MK7, lol)!:hot:

Heck, I can now see my self buying Sonic Transformed 3DS(didn't too much care for the 3ds version before altering the brightness)!:applause:

Thanks for the heads up OP! This deal influenced my decision to get an XL and Luigi's Mansion with the sales this week. Was torn between Layton and Mario Land, but I decided to go with the proprietary $40 title since Layton's at $20 on newegg right now and more likely to end up on clearance at some point...hehe

Eh, none of the free games interest me, so I'd be willing to give the code away for a 3DS eShop Points Card (preferably $20). PM me if interested.

I didn't even realize this was a thing. Man, how long has it actually been since I read a manual I wonder. Now I have a half dozen game codes plus my new XL. Should I register it now, or wait for July or whenever it rolls over? Do the codes go bad?

Obviously if Luigi's Mansion goes on sale in the next few weeks, I register it and the XL for the free game, and end up registering everything just because, but otherwise I think I should hold on to them.

[quote name='JCAll']I didn't even realize this was a thing. Man, how long has it actually been since I read a manual I wonder. Now I have a half dozen game codes plus my new XL. Should I register it now, or wait for July or whenever it rolls over? Do the codes go bad?

Obviously if Luigi's Mansion goes on sale in the next few weeks, I register it and the XL for the free game, and end up registering everything just because, but otherwise I think I should hold on to them.[/QUOTE]

You only have until April 30th to get the free game from Club Nintendo. Codes don't expire however if you wait too long to use them the coins you are meant to receive may drop as we've seen with the Wii and DS, but that would be late in the system's life cycle.

I think June is the end of the Club Nintendo year so if you're going for platinum you should utilize your points for the status by then. If you're going to wait, or you don't see anything in the store that you want you can hang onto them and just input them all when you feel the need to. Coins do expire after a year or two I believe, but you can check the status of the expiry date on your account.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']My experience became a 1,000x's better after I turned on power save mode and turned the brightness down a tad. You really gotta play around with those settings. Then, it may make it easier for you to find that 'center' view when playing! Beware of Rainbow Road(MK7, lol)!:hot:

Heck, I can now see my self buying Sonic Transformed 3DS(didn't too much care for the 3ds version before altering the brightness)!:applause:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I guess I shouldn't act like it makes it so much better, but it does help a little.

On another note.....I haven't played Mario in FOREVER!!!!!(before 3D Land)
I know that game's known for hidden spots/items, but WOWZIZ, they want you to check EVERY INCH of the game!!!!!!!:shock: Haha! They outdid themselves!:applause:

A quick Luigi's Mansion question......I'm stuck. Gonna spoiler it for those who haven't gotten this far(lol) yet:

I am stuck on the level with the 4 gears. I have the first gear. For the second, there is a spider web next to a painting. A giant spiderweb to the left of a big, framed painting of a key. I think the key is behind that spiderweb but I can't vacuum the thing down!:bomb: Lol. Looks like I might be getting a game guide for this one!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
I am stuck on the level with the 4 gears. I have the first gear. For the second, there is a spider web next to a painting. A giant spiderweb to the left of a big, framed painting of a key. I think the key is behind that spiderweb but I can't vacuum the thing down!:bomb: Lol. Looks like I might be getting a game guide for this one!
[/QUOTE]

Hope this helps
You can't get past the large spiderwebs until the second to last level in that mansion, and you don't need that key to get the gears.

[quote name='Jon7']Hope this helps
You can't get past the large spiderwebs until the second to last level in that mansion, and you don't need that key to get the gears.
[/QUOTE]

Omg! That was fast! Thanks!

1 more quick question:
I went into the first door before that section by the painting(the lab), but the second door is locked. Should I worry about the second door now?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg! That was fast! Thanks!

1 more quick question:
I went into the first door before that section by the painting(the lab), but the second door is locked. Should I worry about the second door now?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, find an alternate way in there ;)

[quote name='Jon7']Yes, find an alternate way in there ;)[/QUOTE]

Mmm... Hmmm...:whistle2:k I did notice something funny with that door. Thanks!:grouphug:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg! That was fast! Thanks!

1 more quick question:
[/QUOTE]

There is already an online walkthrough for the whole game. I'll post a link when I'm home, in the office now. Oh by the way check upstairs and its rooms.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']If anybody else is offering a similar deal, I'd be game. I'd like a digital copy of Star Fox. Trade pending.[/QUOTE]

have a CODE if anyone wants to offer anything for it...

HAVE NOT PICKED THE GAME YET SO its up to buyer what i pick

[quote name='Jon7']Yes, find an alternate way in there ;)[/QUOTE]

Ohhh... EUREKA! You're a genius!:D

Gave me just enough without giving me the answer! Thanks again!:bouncy:

[quote name='nixmahn']There is already an online walkthrough for the whole game. I'll post a link when I'm home, in the office now. Oh by the way check upstairs and its rooms.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! But, I'm starting to think I may just let this game twist my brain. It's so amazing! Hmmm... Maybe that link will come in handy if I get INSANELY stuck! Thank You!:)

I hate to muddy up your thread but anyone with a lm2 full game code and wants to sell it hit me up with a PM. I am willing to trade you a 20.00 point card of your choice for it.

[quote name='waltercartman']I hate to muddy up your thread but anyone with a lm2 full game code and wants to sell it hit me up with a PM. I am willing to trade you a 20.00 point card of your choice for it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is an absurdly bad offer @_@

[quote name='admiralvic']Wow, that is an absurdly bad offer @_@[/QUOTE]
Its a digital game right? So there is no trade in value. Why pay anymore then that?

Anymore then 20.00 and I will just wait for it to get cheaper used. Then I could trade it in down the road and still get something for it.

I just threw the offer out there. I could buy a 20.00 card online right now and make the trade in minutes.

[quote name='waltercartman']I hate to muddy up your thread but anyone with a lm2 full game code and wants to sell it hit me up with a PM. I am willing to trade you a 20.00 point card of your choice for it.[/QUOTE]

This thread is talking about club nintendo codes, not full game codes. You'd have better luck making a thread in the trade forum.

bread's done
Back