Game and Watch Super Mario Brothers SEMI LIVE YET

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
It releases 11/13th... so... probably Friday Oct 30th it'll go live... 2 weeks before it ships.  But ... that's just a guess.  I'd imagine they want to know 100% what the available stock will be before they open preorders.

Am I the only one who has lost all interest in this?  It's a nostalgic impulse buy, to be sure, so now with weeks past, I think I'm passing.  It was an interesting sell at the beginning but I don't see myself using it besides the 1-2 times right after I get it.  Meh.

I was thinking that considering Mario Kart Live came out today and went live on Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop today that this might happen the same way.
I was basing my 2 week prediction based on the 2 weeks we got for Super Mario 3D All Stars. But it's entirely plausible there will not be a preorder and this will just drop on release date.

This is most Nintendo preorder announcement of all time. No info on dates when preorders go live and no confirmation of quantiles available or how long it will be sold. Hoping this isn’t like the nes minis.

This is most Nintendo preorder announcement of all time. No info on dates when preorders go live and no confirmation of quantiles available or how long it will be sold. Hoping this isn’t like the nes minis.

Really glad I locked one in from the UK atleast. Though I'd like to have an American one to keep sealed.

Wouldn't be surprised if pre-orders go up, they sell out instantly, then are like NES/SNES classic rarity until March

Just a heads up, news is out now that this will not be some one time limited stock type item but will continue to get produced and shipped to stores until March 31st. So if you want one and it sells out... just hang on... it'll keep coming back.

source: https://mynintendonews.com/2020/10/20/nintendo-says-game-watch-super-mario-bros-will-be-shipped-through-march-2021/
Thanks. I'm on the fence, leaning to passing. I get the novelty and nostalgia, but the impulse seems to have faded away.

Knowing this will be in decent supply is great news.   IF it get's hacked to at least play nes games and it can hold at least a few dozen games... then I'll definitely buy one.

Knowing this will be in decent supply is great news. IF it get's hacked to at least play nes games and it can hold at least a few dozen games... then I'll definitely buy one.
Hmmm ... THEN (but only then) could I see myself getting one.

Eh, I’ll probably get one just to have on the coffee table for people to pick up and play. It’s slightly expensive for what it is, but it’s not expensive in the general sense.

I'll grab a few if the $30 coins work on these at GS! Hopefully they don't die too fast if used as a desk clock  :cold:  I don't really want to play SMB uncomfortably. 

Do you live a world where people regularly drop by?
Close family and friends a lot yeah, and girlfriends friends and family. Since covid, not frequently at all for obvious reasons, but once this thing eventually calms down...eventually....

This is still kind of a tough sell at $50 for one NES game ... I’m inclined to pick it up, but it doesn’t feel like a great value beyond the fact it ‘might’ be rare and sort of a sideshow curiosity down the road.

Just saw this featured in Target’s holiday toy catalogue, so even without a preorder you should be able to grab one on November 13 at Target.

Where does it say that? I thought it just has Super Mario Brothers, and also SMB: The Lost Levels.
Lost levels is super Mario 2 in Japan. Super Mario 2 in America was a reskinned different game called doki doki panic. Nintendo of america thought the Japanese SMB2 was too hard for Americans and they reskinned another game and called it smb2. A lot of complaints in Japan were made that the game was too similar to SMB1 so that’s why SMB3 is something completely different from the first.

Lost levels is super Mario 2 in Japan. Super Mario 2 in America was a reskinned different game called doki doki panic. Nintendo of america thought the Japanese SMB2 was too hard for Americans, they reskinned another game and called it smb2.
Ah gotcha, that’s interesting, never knew that. I personally loved SMB2 (the re-skinned game) for NES, even if it was completely different. Excited to play the real one.

I still want one of these but I'm glad to hear that it's going to multiple shipments since I'm already on the hook for next gen, Fire Emblem CE, and a few other things. Last thing I need is need to cram a 10th copy of SMB, lol.

So I guess this is just going to be a day of release with no pre ordering anywhere. Don’t forget to check tonight or early tomorrow. Almost forgot with all the next gen stuff.

So I guess this is just going to be a day of release with no pre ordering anywhere. Don’t forget to check tonight or early tomorrow. Almost forgot with all the next gen stuff.
i used the notify button on best buy for mario kart live and they came through so hopefully they do the same for this

yeah surprised no preorders went live other then B&H. hopefully i can pick this up tomorrow morning if nothing goes live tonight.

Brickseek doesn’t show any in stock for hundreds of miles around me and it would show even if in back room. At least I would expect that since other games that come out on a given day show instock when they actually get the items in on a truck.

Brickseek doesn’t show any in stock for hundreds of miles around me and it would show even if in back room. At least I would expect that since other games that come out on a given day show instock when they actually get the items in on a truck.
They may not be arriving until tonight or early tomorrow morning. It's definitely in the ad, so I am sure they will have them tomorrow.

They may not be arriving until tonight or early tomorrow morning. It's definitely in the ad, so I am sure they will have them tomorrow.
I somehow doubt these will be rare or hard to find, at least not at first. Everybody is focused on the new consoles anyway right now and this wasn’t advertised hadd

I somehow doubt these will be rare or hard to find, at least not at first. Everybody is focused on the new consoles anyway right now and this wasn’t advertised hadd
I agree. The reports of Gamestop and Best Buy numbers make it pretty clear that there will be a good amount available day one, especially since nobody really took preorders.

I tend to agree. It's a very novel item, and one that isn't costing Nintendo much to make at all.

I lost all interest in it. Can think of many others things to get with that money than this.

Missed the Nintendo.com order, now sold out. Hope bestbuy shows it soon.
Nintendo never had it in stock. They merely had the "Add to cart" button activated, but when clicking on it, nothing was ever added and after awhile it just said there's nothing to add.

Nintendo never had it in stock. They merely had the "Add to cart" button activated, but when clicking on it, nothing was ever added and after awhile it just said there's nothing to add.
Yes they did...several people posted confirm emails. By the time big outlets shared link it was already gone and doing what you describe

Yes they did...several people posted confirm emails. By the time big outlets shared link it was already gone and doing what you describe
well-ill-be-damned.jpg

I called multiple GameStops and they all told me that they have plenty of these available for walk ins and that barely anybody preordered them.

I wonder if these things can be modded for NES/GB games. Would be a neat little $50 kit then, especially compared to those Chinese handheld preloaded things on Amazon with a bunch of oddball broken English names

bread's done
Back