Game and Watch Super Mario Brothers SEMI LIVE YET

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Small enough to add it to my "collection" even if it doesn't become super rare.  Nice that bestbuy is trying some sort of order staggering.

Got one from bestbuy that I’ll play, I think gf ordered another to give me for Christmas, so that’ll be the collectors one that won’t get opened. Hopefully they have a few runs of this just like the classics so everyone can get one.

Edit: I agree, bestbuy has a solid system to keep the bots to a minimum. Probably the reason we all got one.

How Best Buy handled this is how PS5 and the RTX 3080 should have been handled.

This could make for a nice stocking stuffer!

Best Buy did it best all around and with smooth check out.

Still waiting for Amazon and Target to get their $h!t together...

Hoping the GameStop near me is indeed a walk-in and out purchase!

How Best Buy handled this is how PS5 and the RTX 3080 should have been handled.
I had no idea 3080s were as rare as they were. Some guy was panic selling his prebuilt PC with high end parts and a 3080 for 1800 bucks so he could get an OLED while it was on sale. In retrospect I could’ve easily had a nice custom built PC and sold that RTX to pay for the whole thing and threw a 2070S in there or something lol

Got one. Pretty easy. Luckily I had to wake up early today
Got one as thankfully BestBuy only allowing one per account or would have missed it.

Still need to grab another one for my son and hopefully can get that from Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up. Scored one at Best Buy also with a $5 cert. Dont know why I got it, but hey it’s Nintendo and a collectible.

I don't know why I bought one either, but I did.

Apparently it's already been hacked. ~~Nintendo was way more cautious here: It has 1MB of ram but only 128K of flash memory. Only 128KB of flash memory though... That's really close to only 1 game at a time on the storage of the device. ~~

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/hacker_tears_apart_super_mario_game_and_watch_to_find_out_whats_inside

Nevermind. There's an 8Mb flash on the board. Pays to read the source and not just the "news" summary:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ghidraninja/status/1326856771516964864

Looks like this is going to be a bit harder to find once stores sell out...

90% of online outlets are now OOS! Good luck everyone!

$50 for a stocking stuffer? That was into good gift territory for me
Ha. Reminds me of Christmas 2001. Somehow the GameBoy Advance made it into my stocking and not a gift for under the tree. Really skewed my expectations for stockings for years afterwards. Maybe to this day.

Ugh.. missed GS, Amazon and Target. 

Walmart is likely overselling this and is going to cancel a lot of orders but put an order in just to try my luck... 

Ugh.. missed GS, Amazon and Target.

Walmart is likely overselling this and is going to cancel a lot of orders but put an order in just to try my luck...
it hasn’t been up on amazon yet, probably soon. Seems like plenty of in store physical stock for now as well, at just about all the regular retailers? This shouldn’t be hard to get if willing to go out today or keeping an eye on amazon for a bit longer. I would hope...

None to be had but then again Nintendo probably made 131 of them available.
Yup. This looks like Nintendo is stringing supplyto make everyone get FOMO. It's Mario All-Stars all over again.

There'll be plenty of these for the holiday. It's an impulse buy, to be sure.

Based on the pic on the front page, it shows decent stock at Walmart in store, so who knows how many online they have? I got my order in pretty quick, so hopefully it doesn't go tits up, so fingers crossed. I also got an early am one through BB for in store pick up, and while I applaud their new system, as I got in way after the fact. The proof will be if they have it for pick up later today, as that system was all over the place in regards to stock levels and whatnot. But it did seem very good on only one order, and not given out qty's in massive numbers to individual accounts, so hopefully it worked as intended.

This is mostly for my son, as he always sees old G&W items, and has always wanted one, and with this being the best one they ever offered, I was happy to try and get him one. The second if delivered will be for my wife, as she loves the OG Mario Bros and wanted one as well. I grew up on G&W, and was my first real gaming experience as a child that wasn't on my Apple computer. So while I was interested in this for the novelty, I would probably never use this, so not sure if I sill want one for me or not.

So far, Amazon has just had scalpers selling them. I had one in my cart and ready to checkout at Best Buy, but it said something about shipping possibly being delayed so I decided to wait. Now I’m regretting not pulling the trigger

Bought from walmart, said arrives dec 1st. but i guess i dont care since i gotta wait for the cool peeps to make hakchi for it

Edit: I cancelled my order since apparently this thing aint getting hacked, or if it does, it's not worth the effort

it hasn’t been up on amazon yet, probably soon. Seems like plenty of in store physical stock for now as well, at just about all the regular retailers? This shouldn’t be hard to get if willing to go out today or keeping an eye on amazon for a bit longer. I would hope...
Oh I see.. then there's hope. GS selling out fast though isn't a good sign, I feel like they often don't sell out of most harder to find things until after BB and Amazon and everyone else.

Got one about 2 hours ago from BB. Found out about the 1 item limit when I went back to order a second in a separate order and got an error. Thank you johnmstewart for the Walmart link. Just tried it and was able to get one. Now I will have one for me and one for a present for my buddy.

Oh I see.. then there's hope. GS selling out fast though isn't a good sign, I feel like they often don't sell out of most harder to find things until after BB and Amazon and everyone else.
Yeah, I was planning to be at GS when they opened, but after getting an order in at Walmart, I figured that was good enough. I always knew Mario 3D All-Stars wouldn't be an issue, but with this, I have no clue?

They set a date of March 31, 2021 for these to still be sold right? So I would think they have plans to offer continual shipments until then, but this is "N", so the skies the limit on possible outcomes. Like anything from these guys, try to get it early if possible, and if not, cross fingers and pray inventory matches demand by said ending date.

bread's done
Back