Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

Arya is basically Carl if Carl was well written and wasn't annoying and full of angst. In short Game of Thrones will always be waaaaaaaaaaay better than Walking Dead just for that alone.
So Brienne is Rick in the last episode then.

"Arya? WHERE'S ARYA?!"

[attachment=5882:brienne.jpg]

Just marathoned season 3 and season 4 the past week.

Dani broke Jorah's heart. Who was the person that caught him spying originally on the TV show? I remember someone saying something about not betraying her again. (If it is a spoiler, don't tell me).

Was Shea playing the imp the whole time or did she really love him and then turn on him after he turned on her?

If someone removed my manhood, I would find a way to die. That guy creeps me out more than the viper/mountain fight.

I wish mama stark would have killed Lord Frey.

You know nothing Jon snow, except the way around a vagina. I did like her. oh well.

Littlefinger you remind me of a creepy Gary Oldman. I probalby already said that when they introduced him, but I cant get it out of my head.

Arya is cold blooded...and I like it. Looking forward to seeing gambit again, I mean Jaqen

There were some good exchanges between the doe eyed chick and Cercei...BTW she did call her "sister" again.

Dani's translator is the hotness, but that may be my grey worm talking.

And Tyrion glad to see you made it out.

Dani broke Jorah's heart. Who was the person that caught him spying originally on the TV show? I remember someone saying something about not betraying her again. (If it is a spoiler, don't tell me).
Quaithe in the second season (the girl with that weird face mask) asks him if he'd betray her again, but she just poses it as a question.

Was Shea playing the imp the whole time or did she really love him and then turn on him after he turned on her?
From what I understand, the book implies the former, while the show the latter.

hot damn

1fZTWb0.jpg

I caught up to GoT at around episode 6 of the fourth season, then watched it as it was shown on the upcoming weeks. Didn't see this thread until now. It's going to be dreadful waiting until next year for the next season.

10157384_10152038275809142_1111688428_n.jpg

All men must die, except Hodor
This made me laugh way more than it should have. Well done.

The show runners have said quite often they have GRRM's grand plan in some type of high-level design about how everything will go in the books, in case he's not around to finish it, plus giving them the idea on what they can and can't do in line with how the books are going to go. 

No reason they couldn't get the information about what's going into WOW for Bran, Hodor and Meera and place it into S5.  I think that it's good to pass by Hodor and Bran for S5 since there is an ridiculous amount of stuff that happens in parallel in AFFC and ADWD that has barely been touched upon in the show up until now.  A few random things from ASOS as well, I think.

I finally read all the books. The first three books are very well written.  Even though I knew about the
red wedding from the show, it still was shocking just reading about it.
I also don't know why fans of the book were complaining about season 4 leaving out, 
Lady Stoneheart. She only appeared during the epilogue of book 3 and she only has one chapter in Feast of Crow. Whose to say that she won't appear later in the show when they have more detail to flesh her out. I can see her appearing at the end of Season 5 or even beginning of Season 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in the Xbox One discussion thread but just incase:

If you didn't catch it last night or don't have HBO, the first episode of Season 5 of Game of Thrones is free for all Xbox Live member until April 16th.

It'll also likely be on HBO dozens of times before next week.  HBO Now is available if you have Sling TV, supposedly went live on Saturday.

I though it was an interesting set-up episode, since they started a number of items going forward that should play out well in the rest of the season.  Surprising to see some new actors for old parts as well.

In related news, Carice Van Houten (Melisandra) was apparently at the near 7-hour Red Sox @ Yankees game from this weekend:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12667350/boston-red-sox-win-19-inning-game-yankees

http://www.sportamerika.nl/yankees-vs-red-sox-door-de-ogen-van-carice-van-houten

She was on the Late Night With Seth Myers show on Thursday, where she talked about going to her first American baseball game, plus som other stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papNtNnYsU8

She apparently knows him from back in 1999, from some random meeting in the Netherlands between them.

did you guys watch the leaked eps :p
Drink up me hearties YO HO!!!!

I especially liked the part where Tywin was resurrected from having his kids doing the nasty in the chamber beside the body. Too bad it didn't work for Joffre. I mean they DID say they were going to deviate from the books...

[quote name="Kay_Faraday" post="12637287" timestamp="1428948676"]did you guys watch the leaked eps :p[/quote]I can wait. Wouldn't be fun to know what's going to happen and can't talk about it.

I'd rather wait for the high definition broadcast of them. Plus it's nice to binge watch game of thrones but I think it really excels by making us wait week to week.

I enjoyed the first episode of this season. A bit boring at times, but that's fine. Should get better as it goes along. I will not watch the new episodes until they actually air on TV. 

I thought episode 3 was pretty good even though there were major changes. I think it is best to stop trying to compare it to the book and just enjoy it for what it is.

Book spoiler
Looks like they're combing Sansa and Jeyne role together. I wonder what they are going to do with Jeyne in the show now. Last time we saw her she was posing as fake Arya and riding off to meet Ramsey but I guess that changed now. Don't tell me the show is just going to forget about her.

I like episode 3 as well. Pretty good so far. I haven't read any of the books, so I have no clue how different the show is compared to the books. One of these days I'll read through them. 

So, the one thing im still super confused about..

Why cant Theon tell Sansa that he didn't actually kill her younger brothers?

This episode was a little weak - but still good.

The Arya stuff is intereting, but moving slowly.I guess they are slowing down a little since they are almost up the books with her.

The Sand Snake fight was just kind of sloppy feeling. I'm guessing Bron was taking it easy on them because they are girls since he just kind of kept slapping them and gave them a punch, but he did get cut so maybe that is the end for Bronn due to some crazy poison.

Cersei is annoying and I hope the religious people turn on her and put her through all that happened in the books.

Tommen is also such a weenie.

So, the one thing im still super confused about..

Why cant Theon tell Sansa that he didn't actually kill her younger brothers?
In the books,
it is not really Sansa. It is a childhood friend that is being pawned off as Arya Stark. The only person who knows she is a fake is Theon. The marriage is set up by Roose to solidly his claim to the north. Sansa was set to marry Robin Arryn.

Not sure how this is playing out in the show now. So the only thing I can say is Theon is very shameful of what he did in the books. He saves fake Arya in the books when Stannis is set to attack Wintetfell. I would imagine we'll see some sort of thing like that on the show with Sansa.

Keep in mind that Stannis is setting up an attack at the end of the last book.

Who knows where the plot lines will end.

Holy shit. Best episode of the season, if not to date for the series.

Best ending for a non-Ep #9 episode, ever.

And we get another book theory proven in awesome fashion.

bread's done
Back