GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snakezx']Can you use a visa giftcard to buy games on Gamefly?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, I tried with an American Express gift card and it says that you need to use a credit card, since you have to put down a billing address.

Hmm. But i was planning on cancelling my gamefly sub (I signed up on their "Come back for a $1!) promotion, on the 19th.

Do you still need to be a member to particpate on the sale?

(Thinking of getting Portal 2, maybe Uncharted 2 or 3,)

[quote name='Snakezx']Can you use a visa giftcard to buy games on Gamefly?[/QUOTE]

Their official policy is that they don't take them, but register it here: https://mygift.giftcardmall.com/ (aka the website on the back of the card) and it will go through. I've used them maybe ten or fifteen times.

[quote name='namdor_07']I love gohastings but I removed myself from their list today also...I got 4 email from them today and then said unsubscribe!!![/QUOTE]

I am really high right now but what the fuck does gohastings have to do with this thread ?

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']How long does shipping take for this site? I am always on the move, are they pretty reliable about sending it right away?[/QUOTE]

Are you in the witness protection program?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Seems like an eternity to wait.

Probably best to avoid nightly deals until then.[/QUOTE]

Apparently this batch of nightly deals and the year end sale will have the same pricing.

ahhh man... where am I going to find the time?!

Dear Dragon Age Origins Ultimate,
One day I will actually get to point where I play you, I swear! No really.... :roll:

[quote name='CheapyD']Apparently this batch of nightly deals and the year end sale will have the same pricing.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome to know! Can the OP be updated with this info?

[quote name='CheapyD']Apparently this batch of nightly deals and the year end sale will have the same pricing.[/QUOTE]

so this kinda confirms that we havent seen the last of catherine for now?

I'm hoping Vanquish will be on the list as I passed on it a couple months ago. I'm sure there will be several cheap titles I will be picking up since last year's year-end sale was pretty good from what I remember.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']so this kinda confirms that we havent seen the last of catherine for now?[/QUOTE]

That's assuming they have more copies to burn...

The anticipation is killing me. >_< I love these sales!

My checklist consists of:
Dragon Age II $10<
inFamous 2 $15<
Resistance 3 $20

Thats unfortunate. I was hoping to get duodecim and ME2 for 9.99 each. Didnt think that was a huge stretch since each game MSRP is 19.99

I guess gamefly decided that its easier to just keep the prices stagnant instead of gradually lowering the prices and having to deal with people whining about paying higher prices when they were previously on sale. I dont blame them.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Very surprised that we haven't seen Mortal Kombat at 15 or lower[/QUOTE]
That game is currently sitting at $29.99 used on their site. Best I can see it go down to is either $17.99-$19.99.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I am hoping that AC:B and Deus Ex go on sale.[/QUOTE]

This ^

[quote name='whats_the_word']Looking forward to Rage, Dead Island ~$20..[/QUOTE]

And this ^

[quote name='SuperMario64']Hoping for a $10 Portal 2 since I missed the other deal[/QUOTE]

And This Too ^

:whee:

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Hoping for a cheap Alice: Madness Returns, Dead Island, MLB 2k11, Dark Souls, Dante's Inferno and/or Darksiders. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SuperMario64']Hoping for a $10 Portal 2 since I missed the other deal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hopefully they have that 12$ off two games thing again as I really loved it last time :)[/QUOTE]

Come on folks, 4 pages worth of comments related to your wish lists and expectations is kinda gay. We don't give a fuck what games you want to get and what price you want to pay for them.

[quote name='oasisboy']MW 3 = $9.99
Batman = $9.99
GOW 3 = $ 9.99
BF 3 = $ 9.99

Right? :roll:

Come on folks, 4 pages worth of comments related to your wish lists and expectations is kinda gay. We don't give a fuck for what games you want to get and what price you want to pay for them.[/QUOTE]

What eles are they gonna talk about

[quote name='oasisboy']Come on folks, 4 pages worth of comments related to your wish lists and expectations is kinda gay. We don't give a fuck what games you want to get and what price you want to pay for them.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing homosexual about it.

[quote name='KtMack23']There's nothing homosexual about it.[/QUOTE]

From dictionary.com:
having or showing a merry, lively mood

[quote name='oasisboy']Come on folks, 4 pages worth of comments related to your wish lists and expectations is kinda gay. We don't give a fuck what games you want to get and what price you want to pay for them.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you say "we" like you speak for everyone on this forum,this isn't the borg collective.

[quote name='oasisboy']From dictionary.com:
having or showing a merry, lively mood[/QUOTE]

Well, I think most of us would rather be on a merry, lively forum than a drab, depressing one.

[quote name='headbanger1186']Haha I love this site....and every dude on it.[/QUOTE]

There might be something homosexual about this.

[quote name='KtMack23']Well, I think most of us would rather be on a merry, lively forum than a drab, depressing one.[/QUOTE]
Although Gay Ass Gamers may attract the wrong crowd...

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

[quote name='Jay']I like the way you say "we" like you speak for everyone on this forum,this isn't the borg collective.[/QUOTE]

We = majority of CAG.

Unless you get your "nosy fix" at CAG and want to know what people would like to buy and at what price.

[quote name='bardockkun']Although Gay Ass Gamers may attract the wrong crowd...

Not that there's anything wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

Politically Correct Ass Gamer

[quote name='oasisboy']We = majority of CAG.

Unless you get your "nosy fix" at CAG and want to know what people would like to buy and at what price.[/QUOTE]

What exactly should we be discussing in this thread?

You obviously only post when you have something interesting to add to the discussion

[quote name='oasisboy']We = majority of CAG.

Unless you get your "nosy fix" at CAG and want to know what people would like to buy and at what price.[/QUOTE]

lol where is this majority you speak of, i don't see anyone complaining but you locutus of borg.You need to take your homophobic gestures and chill out.

[quote name='Jay']lol where is this majority you speak of, i don't see anyone complaining but you locutus of borg.You need to take you homophobic gestures and chill out.[/QUOTE]

Real talk bro.

To bring this back to OP, Cheapy speculates/stipulates that the nightly deals will be the same for the end-of-year sale. So, I have gathered each night/weekend so far (sorry, if I missed one). Anyway, would it be a good idea to develop a wiki for this?

Here is the list:

I don't really think its going to be literally all the same games. The blowout sale from last month did have a few repeats, but a lot of new titles too.

[quote name='Hellhunt']1. What exactly should we be discussing in this thread?

2. You obviously only post when you have something interesting to add to the discussion[/QUOTE]

1. If you don't have anything meaningful to add (such as info related to prices or about the game itself [bonus features, reviews, DLC content within game, Limited Edition info, etc] ) then no need to add meaningless posts. That way clutter gets out of the way where people don't have to sort through 15 pages to find that "one post" that actually had valuable info for the CAG community. For example Black Friday, there were pages after pages of nonsense, yet a good post from someone about a $5 coupon code gets buried amid the idiotic comments on how much you want to pay for a game.

2. You never done that in a post? FIRST? At least I keep my "meaningless" posts to one word. By the way, thanks for spending your time trying to find something about me. I sure do make an impression on people like you. I love the attention. :lol:

This is a perfect example of a meaningful post that helps the CAG Community:

[quote name='slppedyoursster']To bring this back to OP, Cheapy speculates/stipulates that the nightly deals will be the same for the end-of-year sale. So, I have gathered each night/weekend so far (sorry, if I missed one). Anyway, would it be a good idea to develop a wiki for this?

Here is the list:
[/QUOTE]

Now compare it to this post:

or this post: [quote name='strait edge follower']Hopefully they have that 12$ off two games thing again as I really loved it last time :)[/QUOTE]

Big difference, right?

[quote name='slppedyoursster']To bring this back to OP, Cheapy speculates/stipulates that the nightly deals will be the same for the end-of-year sale. So, I have gathered each night/weekend so far (sorry, if I missed one). Anyway, would it be a good idea to develop a wiki for this?

Here is the list:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list, but it's so ... blue ...

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Fixed on my original post! Damn cut-n-paste w/ HTML links. Computers! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Its all good bro. You put items that have gone on sale pretty recently. Could they bring items in this sale that were once on sale back in lets say may or june?

I can't think of anything else that I want right now, but I know if they have some killer prices on games that weren't really on my radar I would jump on them. Anyone else have this problem?

For example, I know I'm gonna bite on Transformers: War for Cybertron if its $9.99 or under...even though my crazy backlog just continues to grow and grow...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Its all good bro. You put items that have gone on sale pretty recently. Could they bring items in this sale that were once on sale back in lets say may or june?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Cheapy or some other vets may know. This is the first holiday season that I have scoured the forums. I think it is developing into serious cheaptitis.

bread's done
Back