Gamefly- [DEAD] Resident Evil 6 $10, Assassin's Creed: Rev $10, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $13

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
All these games have free shipping, and Gamefly games almost always come with original boxes, manuals, and other inserts (such as Online Passes). These games are used, however.

Good deals tend to go in and out of stock over the course of the day. If the game you want is out of stock (i.e., you can only "Keep" or "Rent" it but not "Buy" it) then keep checking every once in a while to see if it restocks.

NO NEW DEALS TODAY. MAY BE THE END OF DAILY DEALS FOR A WHILE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good timing. Just got my $5 off Gamefly reward and been a member long enough to get 5% off all used purchases. All-stars or RE6, choices.

Well, I'm canceling my GF sub tomorrow and still have a $5 coupon. Guess I'll grab Sniper:GW, which will end up only $3.

Received my Playstation All-Stars Battle PS3 game in yesterday. Much to my surprise the Vita crossplay version had not been redeemed. Guess I was lucky.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Received my Playstation All-Stars Battle PS3 game in yesterday. Much to my surprise the Vita crossplay version had not been redeemed. Guess I was lucky.[/QUOTE]

it's gamefly, they only send out the discs for rentals so their used games come with the codes 99% of the time

[quote name='gotdott']it's gamefly, they only send out the discs for rentals so their used games come with the codes 99% of the time[/QUOTE]

PSASBR doesn't use a code. It's on the disc.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Received my Playstation All-Stars Battle PS3 game in yesterday. Much to my surprise the Vita crossplay version had not been redeemed. Guess I was lucky.[/QUOTE]

That is lucky. Either Gamefly had more copies of the game than they could rent or everyone who rented the game couldn't be bothered to redeem the digital copy. Neither scenario bodes well for the game. I have to wonder what buyers for video game retailers thought when they saw this game. "It's Smash Bros. with PlayStation mascots."

The disc had definitely been rented out multiple times, as evidenced by the "wear and tear" on the disc itself. And i'm actually enjoying it right now, not quite as good as Super Smash Brothers, but it's good for a short time waster here and there. I wouldn't have paid the original $60 for it, but under $20 suits it just fine.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']The disc had definitely been rented out multiple times, as evidenced by the "wear and tear" on the disc itself. And i'm actually enjoying it right now, not quite as good as Super Smash Brothers, but it's good for a short time waster here and there. I wouldn't have paid the original $60 for it, but under $20 suits it just fine.[/QUOTE]

Very lucky. I think PSASBR will grow on you, it does for most.

Is there a time limit to redeem the PSASBR if it's not redeemed on our disc? I already have it on my Vita from the Amazon BF AC3 white vita sale, so this would be an "extra" I guess.

[quote name='whitereflection']That is lucky. Either Gamefly had more copies of the game than they could rent or everyone who rented the game couldn't be bothered to redeem the digital copy. Neither scenario bodes well for the game. I have to wonder what buyers for video game retailers thought when they saw this game. "It's Smash Bros. with PlayStation mascots."[/QUOTE]

Most ill informed post I've read here. Read the OP people.

[quote name='adamgould']Most ill informed post I've read here. Read the OP people.[/QUOTE]

You read the post just before yours, or any post on this page for that matter. The bonus for this game is not a voucher or code. It's on the disc and can only be redeemed once, which means anyone who rented the game could have done so.

Now let's see if you know when to admit when you're being an assclown or in typical Internet fashion, you gloss over it as you did every other post on this page.

Got my PSASBR today. The disc was in really good shape, but the Vita version of the game was claimed. I don't own a Vita just yet, so it's not a total loss. I kinda wanted to have a copy of it for when I did finally cave and get one though. Ah well.

[quote name='Vigilante']My copy of A:CM arrived today. Looks great, as usual.[/QUOTE]
Me too, I'm going to start playing it now with the Mrs.:cool:

Just received my PSASBR today as well....
online pass code wasnt used yet :lol:
and neither was the redemption for the vita version (dont have a vita so wont be redeeming it either)

Wow, words cannot describe the train wreck that is CM.

How they have the audacity to market this as a $59.99 game is beyond me.

Just...wow.

I'm really surprised how many of you guys are getting the unredeemed Vita vouchers with your PSASBR disc. I expected them all to be used up, since Gamefly members could have exploit this offer for a free copy of PSASBR on Vita.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes it is the same for R&C*, Sly Cooper, and all future retail crossbuy games, unless they announce a change.

*The caveat here is that the Vita version of R&C: FFA is not currently available, so the on-disc voucher for the game is not redeemable yet, as far as I know. So you should be able to buy R&C: FFA used and redeem the on-disc voucher once the Vita version finally releases. It should also entitle you to Deadlocked HD, which they are giving away for free to all FFA owners as an apology to how long of a delay the Vita version of FFA has had. However, I can't guarantee any of this.[/QUOTE]

Aha! Thanks for this. Had to come back and search the thread. Got my Ratchet today and started freaking out cuz there was no code (or instruction manual at all, actually. Just a single sheet with warnings like epilepsy on it).

I love these sales. Got PSABR. On another note, Gamefly contacted me and asked me to be in their new testimonial commercial! :D

[quote name='Fratty McDouche']Wasn't there supposed to be another sale this weekend?[/QUOTE]Look at the OP. Great sale, right? :roll:

[quote name='whoknows']I kind of want Epic Mickey 2. Someone tell me if I should get it or not.[/QUOTE]
the game as a whole is mediocre at best, with wii/wii-u being superior in gameplay experience. i say save your money on something else. just wait for the inevitable $7.99 from bestbuy clearance .

Got my Transformers:FoC for 360 today. Second time I bought it from them. This one is in even worse shape. I will need to check if it installs. The way people treat these games sometimes is laughable.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm really surprised how many of you guys are getting the unredeemed Vita vouchers with your PSASBR disc. I expected them all to be used up, since Gamefly members could have exploit this offer for a free copy of PSASBR on Vita.[/QUOTE]

How does this work? Does each disk sold have different data burned to it? Seems impossible.

[quote name='M_A_C']How does this work? Does each disk sold have different data burned to it? Seems impossible.[/QUOTE]

It says something like "Disc benefits" under the regular disc icon in XMB. When you claim it, it takes you to the store and redeems the regular PSN version.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']holding out for $10 Witcher 2. Wish LEGO LotR was PS3/360, but I've still got pirates to tide me over while I wait.[/QUOTE]
were you not a cag member yet , when bestbuy had the rewardzone offer for $10 witch 2?

[quote name='Smashingly']It says something like "Disc benefits" under the regular disc icon in XMB. When you claim it, it takes you to the store and redeems the regular PSN version.[/QUOTE]

So it seems like it's tied to your PSN account not the actual disk. Why are people thinking that it will be "used already" from a rental?

[quote name='YBX87']were you not a cag member yet , when bestbuy had the rewardzone offer for $10 witch 2?[/QUOTE]

hmm, must have missed it or had other things to buy. It's really not anywhere near the top of my want list, but I've been somewhat interested. Planning to pick it up in a lul.

[quote name='M_A_C']How does this work? Does each disk sold have different data burned to it? Seems impossible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_A_C']So it seems like it's tied to your PSN account not the actual disk. Why are people thinking that it will be "used already" from a rental?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why that other guy answered you in that way. Each disc has one redemption tied to it. Like you say, it's "burned" onto the disc or something.

I'm no techie, but the techies I've seen post about it seem to think that it's rather impressive that Sony has been able to implement this "one-time redemption" feature onto a disc.

Possibly has something to do with this patent? (I don't know, like I said I'm not a pro on this sort of stuff).

I don't know why everyone craps all over Aliens. My brother and I have been having a blast with it. Is the multiplayer broken or something? Maybe we're just that into the franchise. Aliens is one of my favorite movies. James Cameron films are almost always excellent.

[quote name='Smashingly']It says something like "Disc benefits" under the regular disc icon in XMB. When you claim it, it takes you to the store and redeems the regular PSN version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_A_C']So it seems like it's tied to your PSN account not the actual disk. Why are people thinking that it will be "used already" from a rental?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if my answer was vague. There is another disc icon under the regular one to launch the PS3 game. When you click on it, it takes you to the Vita game in the PSN store and asks if you'd like to redeem it. At least thats what I did when I rented Sly 4 from GF.

Does that make sense? Maybe i'm bad at explaining things.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I don't know why everyone craps all over Aliens. My brother and I have been having a blast with it. Is the multiplayer broken or something? Maybe we're just that into the franchise. Aliens is one of my favorite movies. James Cameron films are almost always excellent.[/QUOTE]

I too am a big fan of the franchise but that game was total crap. I luckily only rented it opening week and it was full of bugs, crappy graphics, a lame ass story, glitchy aliens, and disappointing gameplay. I finished the whole thing and while I'm glad I did, it was still pretty painful. Now I didn't get into the multiplayer very much so maybe that could make the game acceptable but single player blows.

[quote name='ColFantastic']I too am a big fan of the franchise but that game was total crap. I luckily only rented it opening week and it was full of bugs, crappy graphics, a lame ass story, glitchy aliens, and disappointing gameplay. I finished the whole thing and while I'm glad I did, it was still pretty painful. Now I didn't get into the multiplayer very much so maybe that could make the game acceptable but single player blows.[/QUOTE]

I haven't run into hardly any bugs or glitchy aliens. The graphics are hard to critique since we are playing split screen on a lower res TV. All I know is we have been enjoying blasting away at the aliens.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm not sure why that other guy answered you in that way. Each disc has one redemption tied to it. Like you say, it's "burned" onto the disc or something.

I'm no techie, but the techies I've seen post about it seem to think that it's rather impressive that Sony has been able to implement this "one-time redemption" feature onto a disc.

Possibly has something to do with this patent? (I don't know, like I said I'm not a pro on this sort of stuff).[/QUOTE]
Wonder if this is the future to fght used games/renting....

Hello there!
I need help from a fellow CAGian to buy me L4D and L4D2 from the valve sale from GameFly as it doesn't allow me due to region restrictions

Both will be 8$ with 20% off code GFDMAY20
I'm willing to pay via Paypal
please reply me as soon as possible
Thanks

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I haven't run into hardly any bugs or glitchy aliens. The graphics are hard to critique since we are playing split screen on a lower res TV. All I know is we have been enjoying blasting away at the aliens.[/QUOTE]
It's fun with friends, I'm also playing it in split screen. My main gripe is the poor AI and unsatisfactory framerate, especially compared with those better split screen games like Killzone 3 and resistance 3.

And to think some has paid $59.99 for this, a feeling you cannot fathom since you paid $10.

Aliens Colonial Marines just dropped to $10 for the 360.
Been keeping an eye on it since the other day when the PS3 version dropped.

Waiting for Lollipop Chainsaw to drop also.

^It sure did. Free shipping too. I'll update the OP.

There were actually "deals" yesterday, but nothing I felt even necessitated a mention.

Site is moving like molasses. No way they're being hammered though. This was a complete stealth sale, and even during their major sales I never have slowdown. They must be doing maintenance or something.

bread's done
Back