GameFly February 2013 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 3/4.

icongamefly.gif
icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor Warfighter $9.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon:Future Soldier $9.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:360: Disney/Pixar Brave: The Video Game $9.99
:360: Halo 3 $9.99
:360: Inversion $9.99
:360: Max Payne 3 $9.99
:360: NBA Baller Beats $9.99
:360: Batman: Arkham City $12.99
:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $12.99
:360: Fable: The Journey $12.99
:360: Halo: Reach $12.99
:360: Prototype 2 $12.99
:360: Resident Evil 5 $12.99
:360: Sniper Elite V2 $12.99
:360: Spec Ops: The Line $12.99
:360: The Amazing Spider-Man $12.99
:360: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $14.99
:360: Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor $14.99

:ps3: Max Payne 3 $9.99
:ps3: Prototype 2 $12.99
:ps3: The Amazing Spider-Man $12.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $9.99
:ps3: Darksiders $9.99
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter $9.99
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $9.99
:ps3: Top Gun Hardlock $9.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $12.99
:ps3: Need for Speed The Run $12.99
:ps3: Risen 2: Dark Waters $12.99
:ps3: Sniper Elite V2 $12.99
:ps3: Spec Ops: The Line $12.99
:ps3: Batman: Arkham City $14.99
:ps3: Starhawk $14.99
:ps3: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $14.99
:ps3: Transformers: War for Cybertron $17.99
:ps3: Dead or Alive 5 $19.99
:ps3: Dragon's Dogma $19.99

:wii: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $8.99
:wii: Disney/Pixar Brave: The Video Game $9.99
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition $14.99
:wii: JAWS: Ultimate Predator $7.99
:wii: Madagascar 3 $7.99
:wii: Men in Black: Alien Crisis $7.99
:wii: Back to the Future - The Game $8.99
:wii: Ice Age: Continental Drift - Arctic Games $8.99
:wii: Major League Baseball 2K12 $8.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $8.99
:wii: The Amazing Spider-Man $8.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure... $9.99
:wii: Sonic and the Black Knight $9.99
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers $12.99
:wii: Tangled $12.99
:wii: Toy Story 3 $12.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games $14.99
:wii: PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure $14.99
:wii: Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond $17.99
:wii: Mario Party 8 $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent CheapyD a PM about the broken links in the OP. He may not be getting the affiliate credits since they are broken. I didn't click them all, do any of them work?

Who has played Dragon's Dogma?

It looks like the expansion Dark Arisen is coming with the full Dragon's Dogma. Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will get "100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free". Is this stuff worth buying the original and playing until I can get Dark Arisen for cheap or is it throwaway stuff that I might as well skip the original released and just wait for Dark Arisen to be cheap?

[quote name='GT']I sent CheapyD a PM about the broken links in the OP. He may not be getting the affiliate credits since they are broken. I didn't click them all, do any of them work?[/QUOTE]

It's just the PS3 links that are broken. I posted about it earlier but it quickly got swept away with actual discussion about the sale.

I picked up Max Payne 3 for sure, but it was a toss up between Modern Warfare 3 and Medal Of Honor: Warfighter.

fuck the popular opinion on this thread, I went with Modern Warfare 3. The fact that MW3 has a 88 and MoH:W has a 55 on Metacritic also may have weighed into my choice.

:)

After watching a review of MOH:Warfighter that focused on the multiplayer, I said "fuck it" and picked up a copy for the PS3. I really liked the MP in Bad Company 2 and since DICE worked on this MP I'm sure it's going to be as good, if not better, than that.

in for
Spec Ops: The Line PS3
Dragon's Dogma PS3
Dead or Alive 5 PS3

i also just had max pain 3 in my cart and it sold out befor i hit the buy button lol

[quote name='omyard']Who has played Dragon's Dogma?

It looks like the expansion Dark Arisen is coming with the full Dragon's Dogma. Owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will get "100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free". Is this stuff worth buying the original and playing until I can get Dark Arisen for cheap or is it throwaway stuff that I might as well skip the original released and just wait for Dark Arisen to be cheap?[/QUOTE]

I bought/played DD day 1 and I consider it my 2012 GOTY.
I'd say buying the original to get the 100,000 RC and unlimited Ferrystones isn't worth it though. For the armor? It's up to you, but for me that would depend how useful the armor will be for the expansion. Buying the original for 1 out of the 3 bonus isn't worth it either.
If you can wait for the expansion to come out, I'd say wait.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Warfighter worth it for single player?[/QUOTE]

Only if you're a current events junkie. I am so I thought playing missions based off of the news headlines were cool, but compared to other shooters those missions were too simple

But thanks for the heads up on the sale. I have been wanting to check out spec ops for a while so I guess now is the time

I ordered GR FS on ps3 and Xbox...does anyone know if gamefly will return/cancel my ps3 order? Can't contact then until after 12 or through email

They cancelled it woot

most of them seemed to have come back in stock so grabbed max payne and spec ops. probably should have waited on spec ops though, by the time i play it it will probably be < $10 lol

[quote name='Unseen77']Transformers FoC is back in stock for Ps3. I just grabbed one myself.[/QUOTE]

>_< I missed it again!

Is there something wrong with the site? Browsing it is just fine, but when I click on the big huge 'Checkout' button, it seems like it can't process the webpage and I get a 404 error.

EDIT: nevermind, the site works again

Hey everyone. I have never ordered from a Gamefly sale before, I always seem to miss out on the games I really want. However, I'm thinking of purchasing the Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition. I see that in the OP it says they come with all manuals, but should I be considered ordering a special edition from a used Game Sale? I'm just a little concerned that the box is going to come crushed, without everything, etc.

Thanks!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']After watching a review of MOH:Warfighter that focused on the multiplayer, I said "fuck it" and picked up a copy for the PS3. I really liked the MP in Bad Company 2 and since DICE worked on this MP I'm sure it's going to be as good, if not better, than that.[/QUOTE]
DICE didn't do the multiplayer for Warfighter.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Want Dragon's Dogma, but I feel like $20 is overpaying. :|[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't buy DD until the xpac

Borderlands collection is 23.99 with GFDMAR20 coupon code.

Sorry didn't want to create a new post since I suck at that so figure I'd dump it into this thread.

For those on the fence about Max Payne 3- buy it! You will enjoy it for sure. I bought it a week ago (ended up just missing this sale...) but it's a great game.

Dragons Dogma has my interest as well. Although, I still haven't tried Dark Souls (and I've been told to over and over) and they are releasing a new version of Dragons Dogma with an expansion/more content next month...

Wonder if Kirby will hit $10 at some point. I love the case for that game, not sure how much I would re-play the games in the game though because I played them so much years and years ago. Great package though.

[quote name='Gedemer']I wouldn't buy DD until the xpac[/QUOTE]

I personally wasn't that impressed with the game. Some good concepts but ultimately didn't hold my interest. Too linear (at least as far as I got in the beginning), gameplay felt better than Skyrim but not as good as KOA. Graphics were subpar, too.

[quote name='masterd919']For those on the fence about Max Payne 3- buy it! You will enjoy it for sure. I bought it a week ago (ended up just missing this sale...) but it's a great game.

Dragons Dogma has my interest as well. Although, I still haven't tried Dark Souls (and I've been told to over and over) and they are releasing a new version of Dragons Dogma with an expansion/more content next month...[/QUOTE]

Dark Souls is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time.

[quote name='masterd919']For those on the fence about Max Payne 3- buy it! You will enjoy it for sure. I bought it a week ago (ended up just missing this sale...) but it's a great game.

Dragons Dogma has my interest as well. Although, I still haven't tried Dark Souls (and I've been told to over and over) and they are releasing a new version of Dragons Dogma with an expansion/more content next month...[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 just wasn't my type of shooter. I never really liked GTA or RDR's shooting either, though. I think those three are pretty closely related in the shooting mechanics.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I personally wasn't that impressed with the game. Some good concepts but ultimately didn't hold my interest. Too linear (at least as far as I got in the beginning), gameplay felt better than Skyrim but not as good as KOA. Graphics were subpar, too.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get the hype for it either. Tried playing it two different times only to give up each time. It's not that it's a bad game, it just never really held my interest.

REALLY tempted by Spec Ops, but can wait for it to hit $10 somewhere (next month on GF???). No hurry to throw it into the backlog at the moment.

[quote name='lydon']Anyone else getting/ get in the past order under review? I'm just wondering what the deal is[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not me, Just checked on my order for spider-man it says at the top of the page

"Your shipment is currently being reviewed. Our Support Team will be contacting you directly to verify your purchase."

hopefully it ships! I used the "keep it option" on my order since i have a free trial goin lol

no ofense but if u got thar warning its good chance ur scamer and they r woryr about deal with u.. up rob scam them in past and now try 2 play inocent jus becus its ben a few months sorrey they dont forget it go on ur persmnat acount record.

[quote name='jupiterjones']REALLY tempted by Spec Ops, but can wait for it to hit $10 somewhere (next month on GF???). No hurry to throw it into the backlog at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I think you can wait but it's definitely worth $13.

bread's done
Back