GameFly September 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 9/17.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Wipeout 2 $7.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:360: Just Dance 3 $9.99
:360: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99
:360: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:360: Rage $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: Sonic Generations $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
:360: Capcom Digital Collection $12.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:360: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $12.99
:360: L.A. Noire $12.99
:360: Rayman Origins $12.99
:360: Silent Hill HD Collection $12.99
:360: UFC Trainer $12.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $12.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $14.99
:360: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:360: Ninja Gaiden 3 $14.99
:360: Saints Row: The Third $19.99

:ps3: Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $7.99
:ps3: Syndicate $7.99
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $9.99
:ps3: Sonic Generations $9.99
:ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:ps3: Disney Universe $12.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $12.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:ps3: Twisted Metal $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza Dead Souls $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $14.99
:ps3: Dead Island $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:ps3: Armored Core V $19.99
:ps3: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $19.99

:wii: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 $7.99
:wii: JAWS: Ultimate Predator $7.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids $7.99
:wii: Puss in Boots $7.99
:wii: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $7.99
:wii: Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It $7.99
:wii: Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL $9.99
:wii: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:wii: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 $12.99
:wii: Power Rangers Samurai $12.99
:wii: Rayman Origins $12.99
:wii: Disney Universe $12.99
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever $14.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $14.99
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $14.99
:wii: Fortune Street $17.99
:wii: Just Dance 3 $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']No prob. I Just hate the question being constantly asked and the best response people usually give is "There's worse games out there." Just because one piece of shit smells worse then the other, doesn't change the fact it's still a piece of shit.[/QUOTE]
I played and loved Binary Domain, Inversion, and Bodycount, and have been playing mediocre shooters for years and enjoying the good ones. There is just no good defense for ORC.

I Was debating on bringing that part up as well, but really the game as a whole comes down to just run the fuck away if you can so you don't have to deal with these annoying unfun fights. Worse $10 me and my friend have spent in a long while. Also the fact that if you don't have a rifle with a large clip of ammunition then the game just gets more frustrating when you have to stand and fight.
There's a lot of games where it is easier to just sprint ahead than fight. Halo was the first to teach me that but at least the combat in Halo was fun.

EDIT: And dammit now I think I kinda wanted Halo Anniversary but it's gone.

[quote name='RollingSkull']ORC is absolutely wretched. It LOOKS good but there's nothing at all to like about the gameplay, even in the ironic sense[/QUOTE]
Day one buy cause i wanted the steel case. This game is so meh they fixed alot but they rubbed so much poo on the RE name with this pos.

[quote name='bardockkun']SH2 gives the option to revert back to original dialogue soundtrack though, if I'm not mistaken. 3 I heard wasn't given that option, but I heard the new voice tracks in general are "manageable". At least those are what I remember when discussing audio department of the game.[/QUOTE]That's true for the voices, but they aren't the only aspect of the audio department--the music and sound effects for both games were changed, too, and they don't really sound right (hard to explain without going into more detail).

Keep in mind that most of what I'm referencing would only truly bother a SH fan who played the originals; if you want to just experience them for the first time, the HD Collection is a serviceable option, but do not assume that you're playing the original games as they were intended.

If you're interested, there's a recently-posted detailed analysis of the HD Collection on Youtube that illustrates just how "butchered" it is when viewed in light of the originals. It's a bit long (two parts totalling ~2 hours), but I enjoyed it.

EDIT: king9x posted Part I of the analysis while I was replying (thanks for that):
[quote name='king9x']Everything wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wya4XhTPMcc&feature=player_embedded#![/QUOTE] After watching both parts, to say I'm mad with Konami would be putting it way too lightly.

I got Syndicate a few weeks ago when it was $10. I thought it was well worth it. The campaign was disappointing, especially compared to something as Deus Ex, but it was fun.

Co-op might require you to wait around for a few minutes, but I've never had to wait too long for a game, and usually people stick around in full games.

The one real problem I've had is that it freezes... not full freezes, but for a few seconds at a time. I'm not sure what causes it, but it happens in co-op, but it strangely carries over into SP. SP seems to work fine though if you restart the game and go straight to SP.

Well this is crap. I bought Syndicate (PS3) when it wasn't free shipping. Then I saw it move to free shipping. I emailed them asking to have my $3 back + free shipping. Instead they cancelled my order and said it was never available for free shipping. WHAT THE HELL. This sucks.

[quote name='kouleefoh']What do u mean by rushed gameplay mechanics? I'm being fooled by the $8.99 price tag actually :lol:[/QUOTE]
Like duke nukem... I'll wait until resident evil is 5$.

[quote name='Vigilante']That's true for the voices, but they aren't the only aspect of the audio department--the music and sound effects for both games were changed, too, and they don't really sound right (hard to explain without going into more detail).

Keep in mind that most of what I'm referencing would only truly bother a SH fan who played the originals; if you want to just experience them for the first time, the HD Collection is a serviceable option, but do not assume that you're playing the original games as they were originally intended.

If you're interested, there's a recently-posted detailed analysis of the HD Collection on Youtube that illustrates just how "butchered" it is when viewed in light of the originals. It's a bit long (two parts totalling ~2 hours), but I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the analysis. Embarrassing to admit, but I do have both 2 and 3 on PS2, but have been trying to focus on current gen consoles and haven't had time to ever go back to it. Kinda hoping with me not having had time to play them it won't bug me as much, but we'll see now.

Might pick up Deus Ex...is it worth the buy? BB has the 100% trade in deal so I can basically turn it in for the 10 bucks I paid for it if need be...

*Edit for all of you RE:ORCer's out there...I bought the game (at full price when it came out) was pretty dissapointed but had a few good games (online). If you aren't doing co-op, the campaign feels like you mind as well be in a ghost town. The games AI system is terrible. A lot of guns are either overpowered (shotguns) or underpowered (rifles). Sniping is a disaster, and not fun. I haven't touched it in months and because I got the special edition with some weapons, I have to hold on to it for the 5-10 bucks worth of trade in I'd get. I'm passing on RE6 anyways this year with all of the other games, so maybe I'll pop it in and get a few good games in. It doesn't feel a lot like RE for some reason. If it was RE, it would be barely a movie-tie in game. For 10 bucks I'd say it isn't not worth it, but I can't tell you that you will enjoy it. It's hit or miss, with many more misses. Plus, the story ends ridiculously and they charge 800 points (for MS at least) per Spec Ops dlc pack which I find absolutely atrotrocious for a game that is known to suck.

In for Need for Speed The Run. Appropriate price for that game.

Five more dollars, Saints Row. Five more dollars......

[quote name='chunlirocks']PS3 or xbox ?

Need a coop for ps3 when it arrives[/QUOTE]

I picked it up on PS3. Though I'm considering cancelling it since I was duped into picking it up with the shipping. Am I gonna worry about $4? No, but it's more of a principle thing, and it sucks how that other guy who tried to be reimbursed got treated over it.

Tempted by NG3 and Ridge Racer but I think I can wait until they go even lower. So many new games coming out that I doubt I would even get to them for a good while.

[quote name='king9x']Everything wrong:

![/QUOTE]

Sweet fucking christ, thats awful. And I'm not just talking techinical issues, those are pretty poor enough, but Part 2 of that video set was actually aggravating. Silent Hill HD Collection is definitely a no-buy for me.

:wall:

I'm new to this.. it seems that Xbox 360 sonic and halo are out of stock, will they get restocked? I see that you can rent and choose to keep the game, is that worth it if you aren't already a member?

Been waiting to get halo, in fact i was bidding up to 16-20 on a couple tonight.... arg

[quote name='stingray2772']I'm new to this.. it seems that Xbox 360 sonic and halo are out of stock, will they get restocked? I see that you can rent and choose to keep the game, is that worth it if you aren't already a member?

Been waiting to get halo, in fact i was bidding up to 16-20 on a couple tonight.... arg[/QUOTE]

It's possible they may restock, however, it's not a certainty. I bought Crysis 2 a while ago, had to ship a cracked disc back and they ran out of copies. A few days later, they had more and I reordered it again. *Edit: Halo appears to have a "high availability" which could mean that a few copies could get canceled out or pop up so cross your fingers. Not sure about Sonic though.

I suggest writing them. As for renting and keeping them, you could just do the free trial if need be. You'll want to look into that if you are interested as I don't have any details further to provide. A coupon code would suffice though I'm sure. You also may have to cancel your trial as well down the line if you aren't interested.

Has anyone that has ordered Twisted Metal ever gotten the LE edition? I've ordered Rage and most recently TM amd did not get the LE with either? I'm tempted to order it and risk it. Worst case scenario I flip it to Amazon if it's not the LE.

Ever since my launch 60GB PS3 died any PS2 game that I owned that has been HD released or released digitally I would like to get.

hell yeah! cabela big game hunter for the wii. i missed it all those times it was in amazon goldbox deals.

[quote name='themidgardknight']They keep responding to me emails as saying Syndicate was never available with free shipping... LIARS![/QUOTE]
Syndicate had the free shipping icon when I ordered it a couple of hours ago.
I got Syndicate and Sonic Generations for PS3 for a total of $18-something with free shipping.

On a side note, I love CAG for providing me with a way to build a large game collection for very little money. :bouncy:

Bleh...everything decent is GONE. Yakuza, Sonic, Silent Hill Collection. Crap I been waiting months to gets these games cheap!!!!!!!!

I'm probably gonna cave on the Capcom digital collection, but from Amazon. The new price is 50 cents higher, no tax yet in CA, and Prime shipping. I think I actually save money. And it's mostly just for Puzzle Fighter, which I loved 15 years ago.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm probably gonna cave on the Capcom digital collection, but from Amazon. The new price is 50 cents higher, no tax yet in CA, and Prime shipping. I think I actually save money. And it's mostly just for Puzzle Fighter, which I loved 15 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Fighter is the reason I bought that disc as well. I'd never played it before, found out it's a blast!

Wow those videos on Silent Hill "HD" were really good. Informative and entertaining. I'm definitely never picking that up.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Wow those videos on Silent Hill "HD" were really good. Informative and entertaining. I'm definitely never picking that up.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. For the longest time, I really wanted it and now I couldn't want it any less.

And, has anyone else's order from earlier today, 11ish or so, not shipped yet? Mine still hasn't. I hope they didn't over sell because I thought Halo Anniversary was a great deal.

Saint's Row 3, yay or nay? Looks entertaining, never played a Saint's game before but I do like the look of a more...gonzo open-world game (as opposed to GTA 4).

[quote name='JediDeath']Saint's Row 3, yay or nay? Looks entertaining, never played a Saint's game before but I do like the look of a more...gonzo open-world game (as opposed to GTA 4).[/QUOTE]
One part of the map is over run by zombies. Gonzo enough?

I still haven't signed up to gamefly... I usually preorder and pick up Top Rated games or wait for my CAG deal updates. Im still trying to convince myself to sign up, but Im afraid that If I sign up Im gonna want to buy the games anyways so I rather not was my time or $15 a month . Sorry for venting with my fellow CAGS.. Any thoughts?

i was 'lucky' to get a copy of yakuza:dead souls earlier, even though i have such a backlog i'll likely never get to it, and never have gotten around to finishing any of the other yakuza games either. hrm.

and then i spazzed out and picked up

ace combat: assault horizon (ps3) -- i remember reading a review of this that said it's got an absolutely amazing take on dogfighting that basically reinvents the genre. i know some purists to the series didn't like it, but... maybe.

ridge racer unbounded -- most 'bad' reviews seem to be based on difficultly, and people that don't mind it being hard love it. so... worth a shot.

resident evil: ORC -- because i'm a sucker and couldn't resist the price, and secretly hope all the hate is from RE purists, even though i know it's probably not and just has terrible mechanics.

4 games i didn't need. i hate you gamefly. ALL I WANTED WAS CATHERINE YOU SONS OF BISCUITS.

[quote name='JediDeath']Saint's Row 3, yay or nay? Looks entertaining, never played a Saint's game before but I do like the look of a more...gonzo open-world game (as opposed to GTA 4).[/QUOTE]

Get it.

it's a goofy GTA. it's definitely fun, and the basic mechanics are far improved over SR2. The driving leaves something to be desired, and the plot is (intentionally) ridiculous.

Game balance is terrible - it's hard not to become ridiculously overpowered because the designers always err on making things simple and easy for the player (ie, where gta lets you store a car or two, in SR you can basically insta-summon tanks and apache helicopters whenever you want). This makes for some fun times, but also breaks the 'game' in the process.

Heck, if i remember correctly by the time you're level'd up fully you can't even take any damage, have infinite ammo, don't have to reload, etc.

personally, i like challenge in my games. this doesn't have that. but it IS fun.

bread's done
Back