GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If anything, I would hope that GF gets you the games within a day or two since it seems like every time they do a major used sale the tiv's at BB plummet before you can trade them in.

I've never tried doing the GF to BB trades myself, but I know people who have and ended up nearly stuck with tons of stuff.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

locking in amazon trade values just as you are ordering is key, i did this with catherine and NFS:HP last fall when it went on sale. I locked in the amazon trade value as I bought 2 copies from GF (which come super fast since you bought 2) then sent one in and kept the other to play. in both cases i broke even or even made a few dollars one the 1st copy, and still got to keep the other copy to play. the wife wonders how i end up with games and no costs, but hey, no complaints.

the only catch is it comes in the form of amazon credit, but that's as good as cash to me.

[quote name='technicalstylez']almost bit but w/ the komplete ed coming out this week, the vanilla versionprice is bound to plummet.[/QUOTE]

Man I feel stupid now I could of waited thanks for the info thou

[quote name='Megaman016']I'm pondering Infamous 2 at $18. can't decide to go for it or wait to see if it drops later[/QUOTE]

I bought it from GF back in November for either $18 or $20 during one of their regular nightly sales, so the price hasn't moved much.

I thought the game was worth it too.

[quote name='waldo21212']I bought it from GF back in November for either $18 or $20 during one of their regular nightly sales, so the price hasn't moved much.

I thought the game was worth it too.[/QUOTE]

It was actually $15 when I bought it from GameFly.

[quote name='skiizim']I wish Bit Trip Saga would come back in stock, I'm almost tempted in calling my friend and have him put it on his que and keep it so I can get it.[/QUOTE]

I tried getting my buddy to do this but he never sounded like he would so I signed up for the GF trial. Then I put it as the first thing in my que and as soon as it ships from your que you can click keep it.:bouncy:

Oh yeah and I got my games from my other order earlier this week. My Mortal Kombat came with the Kombat Pass so it was pretty much 18 for MK New. Oh yeah and back in December I bought the season pass when it was on sale so make that a grand total of 25 for MK Komplete. :bouncy:

Sorry to get off subject but can anyone tell me where to sign up for their 10 day free trial. I follow some links though google and I'm always a winner in some stupid survey I have no way to skip. If anyone wouldn't mind telling me I'd really appreciate it, I didn't want to make a new thread over my noobness.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Sorry to get off subject but can anyone tell me where to sign up for their 10 day free trial. I follow some links though google and I'm always a winner in some stupid survey I have no way to skip. If anyone wouldn't mind telling me I'd really appreciate it, I didn't want to make a new thread over my noobness.[/QUOTE]

It's right there on their own site...

Yep, Bodycount (360) is back. I just bought a copy about 45 minutes ago. The demo was fun, so for $9, I couldn't refuse. I love GameFly!!:D

Was gonna get Bad Company 2 on amazon for $5 but I figure the VIP code is worth it with all the free maps, also got Mortal Kombat because it looks awesome and is still holding up near $40.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Thinking about signing up for the free trial to rent Catherine and then "Keep" it. Anyone else already do this, or think it's a good idea?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of doing this though I'm already a member... I'll see.

[quote name='Distrato']Was gonna get Bad Company 2 on amazon for $5 but I figure the VIP code is worth it with all the free maps, also got Mortal Kombat because it looks awesome and is still holding up near $40.[/QUOTE]

its worth it with the VIP code. I bought the game from one of the many blockbusters that was closing in my area so it didn't come with the VIP code. so I eventually broke down and bought it because I was missing out on playing the various maps

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm thinking of doing this though I'm already a member... I'll see.[/QUOTE]

others up here have been doing that and i believe they've had success.

[quote name='Megaman016']its worth it with the VIP code. I bought the game from one of the many blockbusters that was closing in my area so it didn't come with the VIP code. so I eventually broke down and bought it because I was missing out on playing the various maps[/QUOTE]

Yeah I only bought it since i own Bad Company 1 on Xbox and so I could play with my console only friends. I played on PC and now I play BF3 on PC.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Thinking about signing up for the free trial to rent Catherine and then "Keep" it. Anyone else already do this, or think it's a good idea?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying this now, but I dunno if the game will ship fast enough for me to "keep" it while the sale lasts. :/

[quote name='Megaman016']others up here have been doing that and i believe they've had success.[/QUOTE]

cool. just have to send back one of my games and I should be good.

Wow, DXHR (only thing I ordered) came quickly, already arrived today.

I'm still on the fence about Red Faction Armageddon (not a great game from what I've heard, but guys I've been playing RFG with have suggested it's worth $9) and Dragon Age II (I wish I had bit when it was $10, but I hadn't played DAO yet and I wasn't as interested then as I am now). And I know I need to either buy it new or from Gamefly so I can get the Black Emporium DLC...

Bit Trip Complete came in today. 10.50 with coupon, perfect condition, perfect disc, only took 3 days to get here (maybe 4), and came with an untouched soundtrack. Perfect.

My Uncharted 3 rental also came in today, so the game will probably be sitting in my room until next week, after RE: Revelations and UC3 are done (got the 2 game thing for 11 bucks from a "please come back" email. Gonna return both games and leave ME 3 as the only game in my queue until it ships out).

FEAR3 came today. ugh. looked like someone dropped it on the floor and left it there for a few weeks. i can't believe how tore up it looks for a ps3 game. I wiped it up with a disk wipe outwards from center in sections and scratched off some gunk and it is my 2nd copy, but im hoping i can just send back for a replacement copy... only problem disk iv had in years

[quote name='Blabadon']BUY DEUS EX OR I WILL EAT YOU. Seriously, the game is beyond fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Been trying. Out of stock. (for PS3, anyway)

It was back in stock last night, and went out again between the time i put it in my cart and the time i got to the final checkout page.

[quote name='Blabadon']BUY DEUS EX OR I WILL EAT YOU. Seriously, the game is beyond fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Installing it right now. Warning to those also new - expect a 41mb patch and then a long install period on top of that. Have something else to do while it does it's work.

My Dynasty Warriors Gundam arrived today, and holy Batman that case is in terrible condition, the bottom has a good sized hole on it and it wont close, and all of the little pieces from that were inside of the case. The side is also torn on the bottom which caused the slip cover to also tear....however the disc itself is in great looking condition.

[quote name='Velo214']FEAR3 came today. ugh. looked like someone dropped it on the floor and left it there for a few weeks. i can't believe how tore up it looks for a ps3 game. I wiped it up with a disk wipe outwards from center in sections and scratched off some gunk and it is my 2nd copy, but im hoping i can just send back for a replacement copy... only problem disk iv had in years[/QUOTE]

My Deus Ex came today and it was kinda messed up as well. Worse than any rental I've received. Also didn't have the slipcover but thats not that big of a deal to me.

Got my Bit.Trip Collection in today. A few light scratches, but otherwise in great condition. Came with the bonus soundtrack as well!

Bodycount arrived with no issues. Very good shape...game is average but only because of the game mechanics. If they would have implemented some type of cover like Quantum of Solace + the ability to shoot while looking down the sights the game would have been worlds better. Plus being able to co-op the campaign would be fun. Tried to go online for some achievements but there was NO person playing...at least available on Co-op, TD and FFA. Anyway, I am going to blast through it and trade it in.

[quote name='brux']This worth it or should I wait for the GOTY or triple pack?[/QUOTE]

Triple pack, cause you can't play social MP only ranked. Some people like only playing ranked, but you will also be missing out on maps.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']but i have to pay to join, right? i don't want to rent, i just want to buy the games on deal right now.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be a renting member of gamefly to buy the deals.

Yeah I did this for both Bit.Trip(Wii) and Catherine(360). As MuthaFodder pointed out (which I forgot to mention #-o ) when you select the keep option while on the free trial they WILL charge you shipping. Although the minor loophole is they charge the active shipping for the game. So you don't get charged shipping for all the games that are in the sale because they are set to free shipping. :D

For 360 owners, would you consider that installing a game to the HDD is a good way of testing a used game? Seems to me if it can install completely, it should have no problem playing completely. Worst case scenario, you play the game with it installed, since it doesn't need to read the disc except to check that it's in the drive, at that point. Has anyone seen a scenario where it would install properly but then wouldn't play properly?

[quote name='kanamit']My Deus Ex came today and it was kinda messed up as well. Worse than any rental I've received. Also didn't have the slipcover but thats not that big of a deal to me.[/QUOTE]

Oh man now I'm worried. I hope mine comes complete.. :l

[quote name='Felder71']For 360 owners, would you consider that installing a game to the HDD is a good way of testing a used game? Seems to me if it can install completely, it should have no problem playing completely. Worst case scenario, you play the game with it installed, since it doesn't need to read the disc except to check that it's in the drive, at that point. Has anyone seen a scenario where it would install properly but then wouldn't play properly?[/QUOTE]

If it installs, you won't have an issue playing it.

[quote name='Felder71']For 360 owners, would you consider that installing a game to the HDD is a good way of testing a used game? Seems to me if it can install completely, it should have no problem playing completely. Worst case scenario, you play the game with it installed, since it doesn't need to read the disc except to check that it's in the drive, at that point. Has anyone seen a scenario where it would install properly but then wouldn't play properly?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In fact, if you can get a stubborn game with some scratches to fully install then you are good to go. I have a few games I leave on my HD that have issues playing from disk but with repeated tries I got to install to the HD and they run fine.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']Triple pack, cause you can't play social MP only ranked. Some people like only playing ranked, but you will also be missing out on maps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

bread's done
Back