Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

I think I'm still going to see if I can get the trade 1 get 1 for $29.99 offer to work at one of my local GameRush's. They just opened last Friday and the website still has the coupon, so I just printed the coupon and I'm going to take it to the store. Hopefully, I'll get lucky.

Yah, I bet you'll get it to work. The employee always has the opportunity to manually enter the discount.

Well I just went again and saw just about every deal I've always seen (except the 3 for 4.99). One thing that caught my eye was under the trade 1 for 29.99 release they had written on a paper, "get hot titles like Halo 2, GTA: SA (meh!), Madden 2005, NCAA fb 2005, Fable" and one or two others. So I didn't know if you could already do that deal for preorders but it looks like you can now if you haven't already tried, and I'm sorry if this deal was already mentioned. I don't know if you can do it on all preorders, but man if you can. (drools at the thought of preordering doom 3, sudeki, kingdom under fire, and more titles). I'll probably be going back later tomorrow if there are no restrictions on what you can preorder.

Theres no GameRush in CT. Its off the website now too for further confirmation. :(

Might wanna take that out of the first post, prolly excited a lot of people in CT, lol.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Well I just went again and saw just about every deal I've always seen (except the 3 for 4.99). One thing that caught my eye was under the trade 1 for 29.99 release they had written on a paper, "get hot titles like Halo 2, GTA: SA (meh!), Madden 2005, NCAA fb 2005, Fable" and one or two others. So I didn't know if you could already do that deal for preorders but it looks like you can now, if you haven't tried and I'm sorry if this was already mentioned. I don't know if you can do it on all preorders, but man if you can. (drools at the thought of preordering doom 3, sudeki, kingdom under fire, and more titles). I'll probably be going back later tomorrow if there are no restrictions on what you can preorder.[/quote] That has not been posted but would be a great deal. I'll check it out later. :)

Well, soon I'm going to trade in NBA Courtside with Kobe Bryant and Mega Man 8, to get a preowned game that sells for 25-35 dollars, then trade that back in to another store, then get Mario vs. Donkey Kong for my vacation coming up on Monday.

People may hate what I'm doing, but there's nothing illegal against it: and I need a good game to play on my NES Retro (I had to brag ;)) SP on a plane for 2-3 hours!

Looks like a few people are finally catching on to this deal. I was at GameStop the other day picking up a few cheap games to trade at GR, and the cashier asked if I was off to BB. Anyways, for a little more than $35 after tax, I managed to get Wind Waker, Double Dash, MGS: Twin Snakes, and Rainbow Six 3, each complete and in excellent condition. I'm thinking of heading back to grab Wario Ware (GC) and Mario Golf:TT with my leftover credit.

Quick question for all of you who picked up one of those coupon sheets: for the one coupon that lets you get $5 off any GH, PH, PC, or GBA game, can you use it on used games? I don't see anywhere on the back side that says the game must be new.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Well I just went again and saw just about every deal I've always seen (except the 3 for 4.99). One thing that caught my eye was under the trade 1 for 29.99 release they had written on a paper, "get hot titles like Halo 2, GTA: SA (meh!), Madden 2005, NCAA fb 2005, Fable" and one or two others. So I didn't know if you could already do that deal for preorders but it looks like you can now if you haven't already tried, and I'm sorry if this deal was already mentioned. I don't know if you can do it on all preorders, but man if you can. (drools at the thought of preordering doom 3, sudeki, kingdom under fire, and more titles). I'll probably be going back later tomorrow if there are no restrictions on what you can preorder.[/quote]

Yes, at my gamerush (richardson: walnut/jupiter) I preordered Psi-ops for 29.99 after a trade. The caveat is that you have to pay in full, in advance. (I think usually you only have to put about $5 down and then pay later). I haven't picked it up yet because they said they didn't have it yet when I called yesterday. The deal was especially sweet because it comes with Mortal Kombat : DA.

-aarif1.

I went to go look for a location near me and Massachusetts is not listed on the Gamerush site as one of the places they have locations. The only states listed on there are:

California
Georgia
Kentucky
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
Oregon
Texas

If there are locations in MA does anyone know what they are?

we dont have one around here (dayton, ohio) and the local BB dont have respect for gamers

Boycott BB
support game rentals by mail. any company not just any one company (gamefly, turbogamer, deepshark) etc

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']I went to go look for a location near me and Massachusetts is not listed on the Gamerush site as one of the places they have locations. The only states listed on there are:

California
Georgia
Kentucky
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
Oregon
Texas

If there are locations in MA does anyone know what they are?[/quote]

They did have one in MA, at least for a while. It was in...Waltham I think?

Wshakspear, can you tell me which GR stores are doing this deal? I live in Wyoming, MI and there is a GameRush on 28th Street that's closest.

[quote name='queegqueeg']Wshakspear, can you tell me which GR stores are doing this deal? I live in Wyoming, MI and there is a GameRush on 28th Street that's closest.[/quote]

to be honest, i havent been in one for about a week, and im not sure when i'll have time soon. Also, most stores are nice enough on the phone, as long as there is an actual GR employee, to tell you what deals they have.

Picked up Psi-Ops for $5 today after the trade 1 get a game for $29.99 deal. I traded in Wild Arms 3 which is worth $25. I bought Wild Arms last week at Circuit City for $4.96 so I actually paid $10 + tax for Psi-Ops. Think I'll be heading back with another copy of Wild Arms 3 tomorrow. :D

[quote name='queegqueeg']Wshakspear, can you tell me which GR stores are doing this deal? I live in Wyoming, MI and there is a GameRush on 28th Street that's closest.[/quote]

Ack! The 28th Street Gamerush is terrible. All the good games have been long since picked over there (although I did manage to find a Rallisport Challenge 2 there a couple weeks ago). You are best off hitting the 5 other stores in the Grand Rapids area. They've got much better selections.

Does anyone know if a Game Rush would carry Zelda Four Swords new? I want to get it with the link cable.

[quote name='sj41']Does anyone know if a Game Rush would carry Zelda Four Swords new? I want to get it with the link cable.[/quote]

its where i got mine...you may need to check multiple stores, though

I just got riddick (new) for under 10 bucks out of pocket. First i went to gamestop and got the three cheapest gba games they had (fire pro, and two random games i dont even know what they were all i looked at was the price tag) for a total of 9 dollars. Of course gamerush is running the "all gba games have a 10 dollar trade price" deal so i went across the street to gamerush (how convenient is that) traded in those suckers for 10 each plus the "trade in any game get a new game for 30 dollars" deal. So all i had to pay for riddick was tax. I'm not sure which deal i like more this or the trade 3 get a used for 4.99...

I live in Portland, OR, and according to their site, the only Gamerush in my area is way out in Wilsonville. What the fuck were they thinking? I hope this is a sign that more stores will open up here, and a lot closer.

anyone know when the trade 2 used games get one previously played game for $9.99 sale ends?
thanks.

[quote name='OZUS']anyone know when the trade 2 used games get one previously played game for $9.99 sale ends?
thanks.[/quote]

some places its ended, other places its starting and they're promoting on tv/radio in some markets. no one knows.

[quote name='goldengraham']same here man, mines like 4 hours away in Cali, what part you live in yeaokthenfu[/quote]
SoCal, oceanside near san diego

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='OZUS']anyone know when the trade 2 used games get one previously played game for $9.99 sale ends?
thanks.[/quote]

some places its ended, other places its starting and they're promoting on tv/radio in some markets. no one knows.[/quote]

The large GameRush manual at one of my local stores said that sale ends 6/27. The manager also said the trade 1 get 1 new for $29.99 deal was extended through 6/22.

i used to live in Novi....sweetness.....in GR almost every BB has a gamerush....the only one i can think that doesn't is the one on 28th

I didn't see this posted before, so forgive me if it's old news... I went to the GR in Gaffney, SC today, and they said that the "trade 3 PS2/GC/XB and get any used game for $5" deal was starting back on Tuesday.

[quote name='impirius']I didn't see this posted before, so forgive me if it's old news... I went to the GR in Gaffney, SC today, and they said that the "trade 3 PS2/GC/XB and get any used game for $5" deal was starting back on Tuesday.[/quote]

well, thanks for the info.

My entire game collection is going to do a switch over soon...

Once again I score big. Here's what I did.

I traded in Courtside with Kobe Bryant and Mega Man 8. Costed me 8 bucks total of them: I got around 3 bucks credit for them, not really a good trade transaction, but...

I used that to get Transformers, preowned for 8 dollars. I went to another Game Rush and got 35 dollars for it. I now had 45 (or around that) dollars total credit, due to 35 from Transformers, and extra credit left over from past trade-ins. I then used that 35 credit to get Mario vs. Donkey Kong, new, for 30 dollars. But, I didn't spend 30, I used that 5 dollars off coupon on the store and managed to get it for 27 dollars out of my credit: leaving me with 17 or so. I then decided to get Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast II there, used, which was 20 dollars, and only spent a total of 4.50 on it (using my left-over credit on it), and I got the free Mario/Yoshi collectable with it, a 10 dollar value, free! Since I got the game on the GCN, and the coupon lets you get it for free if you purchase any GCN game.

Boy, I love Game Rush. :D

I got a good game to play co-op with (or as far as I'm concerned), and a great in-flight game for my vacation on Monday.

I plan on going back soon though, somehow, because I saw James Bond: EoN there, preowned. So I'm going to get some more cheap trade-in titles and get it for less than 10 dollars.

YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT ALL GBA GAMES TRADE IN FOR 10 DOLLARS. I told you guys yesterday about how I got Riddick for less than 8 bucks. Well I did the same thing today, bought 3 cheap gba games (lady sia, tang tang, dark arena) for 5 bucks each. Traded them in to gamerush for 10 each plus the trade in a game get a new one for 29.99 deal. Walked out of gamerush with a brand new copy of Psi-Ops for 15 measley dollars. Anyone paying 50 for games is just an idiot.

ok so we know all ps1 games go for 1.50 or more and all gba games go for 10 or more. I need to get some :) thanks for letting us know

I agree, spending 50 bucks for a game is crazy: and thanks for reminding me on the GBA thing, I just had two games laying around anyway that I bought a while back for trading in, so I just used them.

From now on I'll get GBA titles, which games have you seen at Gamestop/EB for less than 10 dollars? I'll keep an eye out.

Also, will this "all GBA games for 10 dollars or more" deal be around for a few weeks? Because I'll be on vacation for a whole week starting on Monday, and unfortunately I probably won't be able to be back to one until I return, then I'll get my copy of Bond:EON, or possibly something else using the "GBA trade-in method".

[quote name='scuba']ok so we know all ps1 games go for 1.50 or more and all gba games go for 10 or more. I need to get some :) thanks for letting us know[/quote]
Some PS1 games get $0.50 only. Some also aren't accepted.

I am not so sure my Game Rush rejects various PSX games...

I got 5 DOLLARS for a game called "Sports Trivia" on the PSX: it costed me 1.50.

I love Game Rush, I truly, truly do.

First, so far all the PS1 games I've traded in have been for .50 cents each (as well as a couple of dreamcast games.) I haven't had anything rejected yet, though.
Where can I find cheap gba games? The selection (online) at gamestop doesn't look promising, but the last time i was there I forgot to look. There isn't an eb within an hour's drive. Any suggestions?

Defender would say VideoGameDeals.com :p

But, online, other than those two shops you mentioned online, I have no idea, sorry.

wow, I've read through some of this now and I'm a little confused. So they will let you combine deals?Trade in any game get a new one for 30 + every gba game brings in 10 dollars and one of those gba games also counts as trade in any game to get a new game for 30!? That seems insane, that's why I have to ask to confirm I'm understanding this.
thanks

[quote name='pfunkpearl']wow, I've read through some of this now and I'm a little confused. So they will let you combine deals?Trade in any game get a new one for 30 + every gba game brings in 10 dollars and one of those gba games also counts as trade in any game to get a new game for 30!? That seems insane, that's why I have to ask to confirm I'm understanding this.
thanks[/quote]It's insane but that's right.

Ha ha, if you can pull that one off it will be pretty amazing. The employees are just about unknowledgable enough to get that to work though.

[quote name='Wshakspear']...new thought...trade in one game, get a new game for 29.99...i wonder what they consider FFXI...?[/quote] :whistle2:k

[quote name='timmynausea']First, so far all the PS1 games I've traded in have been for .50 cents each (as well as a couple of dreamcast games.) I haven't had anything rejected yet, though.
Where can I find cheap gba games? The selection (online) at gamestop doesn't look promising, but the last time i was there I forgot to look. There isn't an eb within an hour's drive. Any suggestions?[/quote]

I came in with madden `99 or something a bucnh of games like that and some disc only and I got 1.50 for each.

They must have lowered it

Yea they dont take everything I came in with two football games and one was `97 and one was `98 and they would only take the `98 one.

I traded in Halo for $20 and got The Lengend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures for $32.46-$20 trade in credit = $12.46.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back