Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='racthamp']there is a gamerush just open near my place.. what type of promotion do they have now? thanx[/quote]
One promo that I didn't see Nephets list is the - Buy 1 PO game, Get 1 half off.[/quote]

I think that's a promo for every Blockbuster in general and not just Gamerush locations. My BB has had that going on for a while now.

Well I just came back from preordering Halo 2 CE WITHOUT the coupon. The preorder deal started here today. Got it for 5.88 using credit I've had after the trade and $20 bonus.

They also had the 3 for 4.99 back up but it's only for next-generation games (no ps1 games like last time).

The coupons they had at the store were different from the little barcode slips they normally use. I could tell someone wrote it then scanned the copies. I'm not sure if you can do it multiple times, because I went in ready to do a 2 for 1 and he told me about that preorder deal.

Also signed up for a Gamerush Halo tournament, in which I know I'm going to get owned in. I've only played Halo on MP once or twice, but I must try to win another Halo 2. Today was a great day. :D

I think they also still have the trade in a game (ps1, ps2, gc, xbox, gba) and get $10 off any new game $40 or more (also works on pre-orders). Thats what I did for Halo 2. The trade 2 for $20 would be better, but only if they took ps1 games. I suppose I could pre-order 2 Halo 2s...

Anyone know some of the BEST trade-in prices at GAMERUSH for some of the CC or TRU games that were on sale?

I have a few, traded in two.

Got $2 for Metal Gear Substance 2 (XBOX)
Got $5 for NFL Blitz Pro (XBOX)

Unless I got the price backwards....I used it towards the trade in 2 get $20 off Pre-Order anyways, so no big deal.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone know some of the BEST trade-in prices at GAMERUSH for some of the CC or TRU games that were on sale?

Unless I got the price backwards....I used it towards the trade in 2 get $20 off Pre-Order anyways, so no big deal.[/quote]
I got $21 for Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown. They sell a used Aliens vs. Predators for $29.99 used and Run Like Hell for $22.99 used so I'm pretty sure you'd get somewhere in the double digits trade in value for those.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone know some of the BEST trade-in prices at GAMERUSH for some of the CC or TRU games that were on sale?

Unless I got the price backwards....I used it towards the trade in 2 get $20 off Pre-Order anyways, so no big deal.[/quote]

Both Wild Arms 3 and The Fairly Odd Parents: Breakin' Da Rules from CC fetch $21.

Wow, too bad my CC has nothing or didn't have much when I went.

I'm almost finished with Beyond Good & Evil...I wonder what that would fetch (probably not too much since it's $20)

man, my gamerush is new and it has no good games worth doing the trade in 2 and get one for 9.99 deal. All they have is a bunch of 15 buck games.

[quote name='Nephets']I really should go back soon... haven't really had a chance though. :?[/quote]
If ya go to the Town East one, could you please help me ask if they'd do the 'trade 2 for $20 off' deal without the coupon? :D

i may get beaten for asking this, but does anyone know if gamerush stores have tales of symphonia in? i know that it's one of the best games out for the gc, so it makes sense if they might not. i'd love to spend full price since the developers deserve it, but i'm a college grad who is stereotypically broke. :whistle2:/ and i've got a couple of games that i no longer want.

First priority: Get Tales of Symphonia at Game Rush.

And sure, I'll do that next time I'm at the Town East one, Polobear.

[quote name='lord_slappy']i may get beaten for asking this, but does anyone know if gamerush stores have tales of symphonia in? i know that it's one of the best games out for the gc, so it makes sense if they might not. i'd love to spend full price since the developers deserve it, but i'm a college grad who is stereotypically broke. :whistle2:/ and i've got a couple of games that i no longer want.[/quote]

I think you've got that wrong :)

College Students are stereotypically broke.
College Grads should have decent jobs, and thus not be broke. :D

true, sweeney. i guess i am not the stereotypical college grad. let's just say i'm going through a transition period in employment. :) and i'm getting married in february. eek!

[quote name='lord_slappy']and i'm getting married in february. eek![/quote]

congrats man!
run now before its too late

[quote name='lord_slappy']true, sweeney. i guess i am not the stereotypical college grad. let's just say i'm going through a transition period in employment. :) and i'm getting married in february. eek![/quote]

Hey, things have a way of working out for people who make things work out. Considering that you took the time to make it through college, things should turn around eventually.

Getting married? That's not a problem so long as you have a sugar momma. Wouldn't everyone like to have one of those?

Yeah I'm waiting for my Gamerush to get in Tales of Symphonia used. The game looks awesome but there is so much crap coming this holiday season that I can't afford to pay new prices for everything.

Yesterday I got Kirby Air Ride and Pikmin both used for $14 after trading in 2 old PSX games. Considering Kirby Air Ride is still $50 new at most places it's a great deal.

Latez,
Yoda

yeah...i'm really looking for tales as well..i go back every few days and run in hoping to see one full used copy..they are still renting three out so maybe soon they will pull a few out for sale

Well I went into Gamerush today and finally found a used Metal Slug 3. I've been looking for this game for a while and I was starting to regret not picking up a new copy while they were available. I was going in to do the preorder deal for Resident Evil 4, but I went over to the used section for a quick scan, and couldn't believe my eyes. Luckily it came with all of the original content also, since it seems like most of the Gamerush stuff I get is missing the manual.

damnit, I haven't found that game yet, but I will soon enough. I am still waiting for a Tales of Sym. or something like that to be used.

PS: if these pics bother someone, please just let me know, I was just trying this out.

Some of the GameRushes in Upstate SC are starting new stipulations on the $9.99 trade in deal... I couldn't use it on Full Spectrum Warrior because neither of my two games (Haven and THPS3) rang up for over $5. That kinda defeats the purpose of the deal (trading in old, cheap games for a newer used one). Lame.

Imp, what SC stores? My store still has yet to open, so Ive been going to other stores to trade in my games rather then my own.

Keep in mind, Game Rush now trades in DVDs! Most are $6.50.

[quote name='help1']now the deal is done and I never had a gamerush near me... man this stinks[/quote]

Game Rush is incredible for CAG's, and no, the deal is not dead yet. I don't except it to be, it's bringing in GREAT business, plus I always go to Game Rush before EB or Gamestop because of it... well, except when I go buy some cheap games to trade in. :p

[quote name='ksuwild25']Well I went into Gamerush today and finally found a used Metal Slug 3.[/quote]
Grr I want a Metal Slug 3! Everytime I go into a GameRush I ask if they have it and none of them do. They don't even sell new ones. It got to the point where a friend of mine told me to rent and then tell them I lost it so I'd finally get a copy. She asked for me and they said the most they could fine a person for losing a game was $50 or something around there. I finally found a dude on tradegamesnow.com to trade it to me but it would've been nice to do the trade 2 and get it for 10 bux. Oh well...

[quote name='gizmogc']Imp, what SC stores? My store still has yet to open, so Ive been going to other stores to trade in my games rather then my own. [/quote]White Blvd. and Converse, both in Spartanburg... it might depend on who's at the counter when you go, though.

The folks in Gaffney are great, though. A couple of times, they've clued me in on deals I didn't even know they had, so I end up paying less than I thought I would.

i just went to the la habra, CA store and pre-ordered halo 2 ltd. edition. it just opened yesterday, so i had to clue them in on some of the deals they were runninng, lol!

i was there for about an hour and a half dealing with their manager b/c he didn't know how the system worked. i was trading in 2 games so i could use the $20 off coupon and he insisted that the trade-in credit for the games did not apply. he even called the district manager and he said the same thing. luckily, he couldn't get it to work in the system without giving me my credit so in the end, i got halo 2 for $19 :p

if anybody goes to the la habra store, you might be in for a surprise. the manager was also telling me that the "trade in 2, get a PO game for $9.99" means that you have to pay $9.99 for the game, and the credit towards the trade-ins don't apply. it was such bs. i told him that all the game rushes in the country are applying the credit to the $9.99, but this guy wouldn't do it. i also said, "what if the 2 games you trade in are worth $35 in credit? that means you're ripping off customers! he knew i was kind of frustrated so he said he'd "hook" me up and do it for me. :roll:

btw, out of the hour and a half i was there, he spent an hour searching for the code to pre-order halo 2. i think that was one of the most frustrating experiences i've had at a retail store in a long time. i think i'll go to the diamond bar one from now on. sucks b/c it's kind of far, but i'm sure the customer service is much better and they actually know how the deals work.

edit: i forgot to add that their selection of PO games was pretty poor. the only good ones i saw were riddick, red dead revolver, psi-ops, siren (i got the last one) and transformers. everything else was just meh. oh well, that's to be expected from a brand new gamerush :)

^ that sounds alot like my experience at one of my Gamerushes when they just started opening them. The first couple of weeks I was telling them about the deals before they even knew about them, and they also would take a long time trying to put the code in. I guess I was kind of lucky, cuz they didn't give me any hassle and pretty much followed what I said.

This same store though, lately has been letting me know about deals that weren't being advertised and I didn't know about. They were also the first store around here that were letting people do the preorder deal w/o the coupon. Ironically, they were at first the GR I hated going to (like I said they took the longest), but now are my priority when I want to go to GR. The fact they are alot faster now is just icing on the cake. The workers there are easily the best, at least around here.

for the people trying to get metal slug 3:

one possible cag way to get it is to trade in your games at fye for store credit on a gift card and then using it to purchase Metal Slug on fye.com...gamerush and fye trade in price are almost identical...

Well, I preoedered Fable with the coupon for $30 and received a limited edition DVD when I preordered. Pretty cool.

Then I used the trade in deal to get Red Dead Revolver and Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow for $10 each, and got $25 each for Driv3r, Final Fantasy CC, Mario Party 5, and the Chronicles of Riddick.

Also, the guy at GameRush (who is apretty good employee) said that the preorder deal will not ever come without the coupon. I was going to preoder Pikmin 2, since it comes out before the 7th (which is when the deal is suppose to start) but decided to get Fable in case the deal never starts without the coupon.

[quote name='Santurio']PS: if these pics bother someone, please just let me know, I was just trying this out.[/quote] No, the new sig doesn't bother me at all. :wink: That hand was pretty creepy. Nice new sig. :p

[quote name='sj41']Also, the guy at GameRush (who is apretty good employee) said that the preorder deal will not ever come without the coupon. I was going to preoder Pikmin 2, since it comes out before the 7th (which is when the deal is suppose to start) but decided to get Fable in case the deal never starts without the coupon.[/quote]
Just outta curiosity but which location was this at?

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='sj41']Also, the guy at GameRush (who is apretty good employee) said that the preorder deal will not ever come without the coupon. I was going to preoder Pikmin 2, since it comes out before the 7th (which is when the deal is suppose to start) but decided to get Fable in case the deal never starts without the coupon.[/quote]
Just outta curiosity but which location was this at?[/quote]It was on Lavon Drive. Didn't have very many good games. I hope that they do allow this deal without the coupon. I have several games I want to get.

[quote name='sj41']Just outta curiosity but which location was this at?[/quote]It was on Lavon Drive. Didn't have very many good games. I hope that they do allow this deal without the coupon. I have several games I want to get.[/quote]
Ahh, thanks. I was just about to stop by there tonight too. From what ksuwild25 said, one of the Allen stores has tons of coupons printed out so I might just make the trip out there and hopefully they'll let me take a few with me to use at one of the closer stores...

Tomorrow I'm heading out to the Town East Game Rush to place down a preorder for Pikmin 2. So, I'll have two games to pick up there, Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime 2. :D

I just went to my local GR for the 2 for 1 PO for $9.99. Didnt give me any trouble, but didnt have a very good selection (Iwas hoping to get lucky and score NCAA 2005) I did trade Sega GT online and GR:IT and got PSO and rented a game and didnt owe any $$$!

[quote name='tc49821']Where in ny is their a game rush.[/quote]

From the website:

Locations:

645 Rossville Ave

Staten Island, NY 10309

718-317-2086

2175 Hylan Blvd

Staten Island, NY 10306

718-979-1212

3135 Victory Blvd

Staten Island, NY 10314

718-982-6130

One of the GRs I went to on Friday said no more than 3 preorders at a time w/o coupon. I also asked if I could switch titles down the road, and they said no. The only way they will switch is if they find out that they won't be getting that preorder. My preorder total is 9, and besides the games I've brought in, I haven't paid a cent excluding the gas it costs to drive up there.

Gamerush finally came to Oklahoma, one just opened a few days ago I got this coupon in the mail, i also saw it on their webpage that said trade in 1 game get $20.00 off any game $40.00 or more plus you still get credit. Im planning on getting pikmin 2 for $30.00.

Also Im wanting to preorder a few games. Does that $20 off preorders work w/o coupon?

The store I go to doesn't do that deal without the coupon either and I need this for Fable, I already paid Halo 2. If anybody gets some couons from that store in Allen pick me up a few please..........................

P.S. Thanks for the props on the Sig guys!!!

All right, I just traded in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (got 7 dollars), and Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (got 21 dollars). Good deals for games I got for 5 dollars at CC.

So, with the coupon, I'll only have to spend like 4 dollars total on Pikmin 2, they said that it comes out sometime in September for them... can anyone confirm a release date for Pikmin 2 at Game Rush? The employees I got really didn't know what they were doing, though. I'll go back in a few days with some good employees telling me the scoop.

Can anyone confirm some labor day special Gamerush is running?
I went tonight to do the trade 2 and get any game for $9.99 and I brought Omega Strain up and the guy said it was half off. I asked him why and he claimed all used games were half off because of some labor day special. So I went back to find some more games and then go back to the counter. I get my omega strain for $10 but then the guy says the other games are only half off with one trade in. This guy had originally claimed all used games were half off and said nothing about a trade in. So according to this guy if you trade in one game you can get any used game half off. I don't know if this guy was on crack or something because he changed his story about the half off games. There was no flyer out or any signs for this deal he was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back