Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

Traded in my last 2 copies of Unreal 2 also (at different locations), I had bought 3.

At my 2nd GR, the guy said I could PO any game that's on their computer. Funny thing is, yesterday this other guy said I couldn't PO Paper Mario 2 since it wasn't on their list. So, today when the guy said I could PO PM2, I said yes, but then he said it was too late. :) I PO'd Call of Duty: Finest Hour (GC) instead. Next I plan to PO PoP:WW.

Then I was at the other GR telling this lady about how I could PO any game at the other GR and she was talking, but I can't really remember what she said. And I'm like if they get in a rental copy of the game and you PO'd it, then they could just give it to you, ya' know. Hopefully I'll get CoD.

[quote name='TigerD']Anyone know when the next $5 sale is happeing anywhere? When does TRU put out clearance stuff?[/quote]That's got to be the stupidest question I've heard in a long time. :roll: No one knows when the next $5 clearance is going to happen.

GameRush is my daddy! :wink:

Off topic: I heard Scottie Pippen is gonna announce his retirement later today.

We love you Scottie!! :cry:
Da' Bulls!!

hey quick question for anyone who has picked up a preorder from GR, was it done professionally and they had the game reserved with your name on it or did they just have to take one from in-stock and see that you paid for it already?

[quote name='jshorr']hey quick question for anyone who has picked up a preorder from GR, was it done professionally and they had the game reserved with your name on it or did they just have to take one from in-stock and see that you paid for it already?[/quote]
Thus far it's been here's on from instock, which I hope by the time actual big ones like gta:SA come out they do it professional and actually hold it, otherwise, there's going to be some angry people.

[quote name='jshorr']hey quick question for anyone who has picked up a preorder from GR, was it done professionally and they had the game reserved with your name on it or did they just have to take one from in-stock and see that you paid for it already?[/quote]

I've picked up four or five pre orders from them in the last month or so. Only once have they actually called me to let me know my game was in. All the other times they just grab one from the shelf and check my account.

Well, I know they don't call when they get titles. I had ESPN NBA 2K5...but decided to pick it up elsewhere, since they said they would not get it until later this month...oh well, they will credit me back my money...fine.

We'll see when I go to get MK: Deception today....hopefully they have it. I also picked up SW:Battlefront (but not preordered)...they actually checked to see how many were pre-ordered though.

I have only picked-up one preorder so far, fable. They called, a few minutes after they opened. When I went to pick it up, they had my recipet with my name + account info taped to the game (along with about 40 others in a stack for other people's pre-orders). Paper Mario 2 is coming up...so we'll see if this is the norm, or I just got lucky.

[quote name='Espanto']I have only picked-up one preorder so far, fable. They called, a few minutes after they opened. When I went to pick it up, they had my recipet with my name + account info taped to the game (along with about 40 others in a stack for other people's pre-orders). Paper Mario 2 is coming up...so we'll see if this is the norm, or I just got lucky.[/quote]

What location did you go to???!!! :shock:
I have never seen that before at a GameRush.

My gamerush is terrible about pre-orders. They don't set them aside or seem to have any system in place for pre-orders, they just grab one from the bin of new games. Half the time they don't even know a game came out. When I went to pick up Donkey Konga the girl told me "that doesn't come out til December", the Friday after the game came out. A few minutes later they found it in the display case, where they keep some used systems. It can be frustrating. The worst part is, both times with pre-orders they charged me when I picked up the game (I have credit on my account), even though I already paid in full. Luckily I chekced the reciept and got it changed before I left. They really need to get their act together, but I still go because I can't resist the deals.

Wow, I stand corrected! I just recieved a call from GR letting me know that MK:Deception is in!! Then again this isn't the usual GR I go to. That one has been a difefrent story!! Took today off due to this stupid cold I caught, at least I can spill some blood while I get better!!!

Well I am not normally one who even cares about getting the game the first day or whatnot but I am going to go APESHIT if they don't hold my Halo 2 and it gets sold out. I guess I am going to have to call them the night before and the day of and let them know not to fuck around.

My Game Rush has called me when my preorders came in... no call yet about THUG 2 yet, though. But I'm not even sure that they'll get it today.

[quote name='jshorr']Well I am not normally one who even cares about getting the game the first day or whatnot but I am going to go APESHIT if they don't hold my Halo 2 and it gets sold out. I guess I am going to have to call them the night before and the day of and let them know not to shaq-fu around.[/quote]

that's exactly what i'm going to do! those fools are shady! i'm still waiting on my demon stone pre-order (almost 2 weeks since release)!!! :evil:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='jshorr']Well I am not normally one who even cares about getting the game the first day or whatnot but I am going to go APESHIT if they don't hold my Halo 2 and it gets sold out. I guess I am going to have to call them the night before and the day of and let them know not to shaq-fu around.[/quote]

that's exactly what i'm going to do! those fools are shady! i'm still waiting on my demon stone pre-order (almost 2 weeks since release)!!! :evil:[/quote]

I tried to pre-order demon stone for xbox and they told me they didn't they were getting it! I also pre-ordered Terminator 3 Redemption and they never got it in so they let me transfer the credit to another game(silent hill 4) They offered me a rental copy first(which was new without wrapping since no one had actually rented it yet.

^^^

that not right! i guess i'll have to exchange it for a different game. sucks b/c it was a gift for a friend's b-day. does anybody know if you can pre-order bard's tale from gamerush? tia.

Is there anyway to tell if a Gamerush is going to be built close to me? I am curious, because there are about 50 stores being built by me! Hopefully one is a Gamerush!

i want to trade in 3 hobbits, and if i do that, can i get an etra 5 for each game, or do all 3 of the games have to be different

I just picked up THUG 2 and MK: Deception, both xbox. They didn't have the CE's in yet and said they expect them in tomorrow. They have called me before on preorders, but I recently moved to another part of town and my new phone # isn't on the account yet, so I don't know if they tried calling today.

[quote name='el bobo']Is there anyway to tell if a Gamerush is going to be built close to me? I am curious, because there are about 50 stores being built by me! Hopefully one is a Gamerush![/quote]

go to www.gamerush.com and look up the store locations. some of the gamerushe's that are listed are still being built though. you'll just have to call the one's around you to see. good luck :)

I preordered Bard's tale about 6 weeks ago. So this shouldn't be a problem. I found another GR that will let me pre-order Jade empire.

whut whut!!

[quote name='spin03']i want to trade in 3 hobbits, and if i do that, can i get an etra 5 for each game, or do all 3 of the games have to be different[/quote]

You can only trade in two of the same game per visit. And please use some common sense, don't you think it will look a little suspicous if you bring in 3 copies of the same game at once.

I haven't received not one call about any of my prebooks from Gamerush so far. They really need to get their act together and run things professionally, but what can you expect from Blockbuster employees? I called about my Monster Hunter reservation and the answering employee wasn't even able to tell me if they were holding it for me because "he didn't have the key" to check the cabinet where they hold the prebooks.

I've been out of town on a business trip, so there goes my Monster Hunter, Gradius V and Fable prebooks unless they still have some left in stock *crosses fingers*

If they didn't have such great deals, I would stay far, far away....

I hope they call about THUG 2 tomorrow, if not, I'm going to call to see if they got it in.

Game Rush doesn't really pay much attention to their customers, but, maybe they just forgot to call, since today was probably busy day (with Fahrenheit 9/11 coming out).

well, I guess they said they TRIED to call me, but my cell phone wouldn't connect.....which is odd, since it was working all day.

Anyways, they had my PreOrder ready when I got there.

Picked up a coupon from Blockbuster ONLY store for an extra $10 in credit for 1 trade-in. Went directly to gamerush a mile away and they didn't have those coupons out... Smart idea.
By the way, you won't find any coupons in my local blockbuster I have them all.
hahahahahhaha

What's on the cover of the EGM with the coupons because I haven't spotted one. Maybe they are only in the off shelf mags? I get mine through subscription

[quote name='jetblac']Picked up a coupon from Blockbuster ONLY store for an extra $10 in credit for 1 trade-in. Went directly to gamerush a mile away and they didn't have those coupons out... Smart idea.
hahahahahhaha[/quote]

:roll:

[quote name='jetblac']What's on the cover of the EGM with the coupons because I haven't spotted one. Maybe they are only in the off shelf mags? I get mine through subscription[/quote]

Don't remember the covers or the specific EGM, but I get all mine through subscriptions and I know the Gamepro (don't know details on that mag as I gave it away already) and the Official Xbox Magazine for November (with Splinter Cell on the cover, page 41) have them.

Does anyone know when Gamerush might start doing DS preorders? I'm considering getting one (maybe even trading in my Xbox for it).

[quote name='sniper308'][quote name='jetblac']What's on the cover of the EGM with the coupons because I haven't spotted one. Maybe they are only in the off shelf mags? I get mine through subscription[/quote]

Don't remember the covers or the specific EGM, but I get all mine through subscriptions and I know the Gamepro (don't know details on that mag as I gave it away already) and the Official Xbox Magazine for November (with Splinter Cell on the cover, page 41) have them.[/quote]

They are region specific. They do not come in the magazines sent to NY, for example. Instead there are crappy blockbuster coupons/ads. That is for subscription and shelf.

[quote name='jshorr']
They are region specific. They do not come in the magazines sent to NY, for example. Instead there are crappy blockbuster coupons/ads. That is for subscription and shelf.[/quote]

This is true. I get my EGM through subscription here in Texas and all I get are lousy Blockbuster ads/coupons.

What a crock of shit. thats all i ever see are those damn game pass coupons! Who want to rent? It's not like I have a mod in my machine.

[quote name='jetblac']Picked up a coupon from Blockbuster ONLY store for an extra $10 in credit for 1 trade-in. Went directly to gamerush a mile away and they didn't have those coupons out... Smart idea.
hahahahahhaha[/quote]
I do mean gamerush coupon

hahahahahhaha[/quote]
I do mean gamerush coupon

Here's a quick question. About a week ago I went to GameRush and traded in $80 worth of games, bought X-Men Legends, and left with $30 credit. Should they have put that credit on a card? I went to another blockbuster to rent a movie, and the money didn't show up on my account.

[quote name='Super J']Here's a quick question. About a week ago I went to GameRush and traded in $80 worth of games, bought X-Men Legends, and left with $30 credit. Should they have put that credit on a card? I went to another blockbuster to rent a movie, and the money didn't show up on my account.[/quote]

They put it on my GAMERUSH GiftCard. Maybe you acn only use the credit in a GameRush section of the store....not sure.

But I think the "common" practice is to put it on a gift card

If you do not ask, or they do not offer, it will be put on your account at that specific location. There is no way to transfer it as far as i know. Make sure you get a gamerush gift card from them so you can go from store to store, especially if your into the vintage games.

[quote name='doubledown']

They put it on my GAMERUSH GiftCard. Maybe you acn only use the credit in a GameRush section of the store....not sure.

But I think the "common" practice is to put it on a gift card[/quote]
[quote name='Wshakspear']If you do not ask, or they do not offer, it will be put on your account at that specific location. There is no way to transfer it as far as i know. Make sure you get a gamerush gift card from them so you can go from store to store, especially if your into the vintage games.[/quote]
Thanks. That makes me feel better.

[quote name='pfresh85'][quote name='jshorr']
They are region specific. They do not come in the magazines sent to NY, for example. Instead there are crappy blockbuster coupons/ads. That is for subscription and shelf.[/quote]

This is true. I get my EGM through subscription here in Texas and all I get are lousy Blockbuster ads/coupons.[/quote]

Thats weird Fresh, cuz me, my neighbor and another buddy all live here in the DFW area and we all got the coupons in our EGM (we all have subscriptions) So I know for sure that people in Texas do get them. :wink:

That's doubly odd because I'm in Richardson right now (going to UTD and all). I know that I don't have them in my magazines though (because I looked before I went to Gamerush last week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back