Games you were excited about and turned out to be TurDs !!!

[quote name='naes']Super Smash Bros Melee was such a letdown. I love the N64 one, and I still play it to this day. I just think that Melee sucks.[/quote]

*shocked* :cold: :hot:

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']*shocked* :cold: :hot:[/quote]

This may be the one time in my life that I agree with you here...

Melee is fuckin awesome

soul caliber for the wii. I was really looking foward to this game, but it had way too many bad reviews to make me risk money on it.

[quote name='optimusprime']Warioware Smooth Moves. Lacked the addictiveness of the other ones.[/quote]
Good one.

It's not a bad game, but it's definitely the least frantic of the series. I blame the screen which tells you how to hold the Wii remote, it breaks up the flow.

There's that one green elephant stage which eliminates that, and that's probably the stage which is most similar to previous games. Of course, then you don't know how to hold the remote.

Alright this is not one that I was excited about or anything for that matter it has been sitting neglected on my game rack since I got it so I figured it is only fair I finally give this game a try.

Monster Rancher Evo.......

WTF.....

This game is for sure a turd.. I have played most of the other ones but this one wow yeah is steaming.....

1. Final Fantasy 8. Not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.
2. Perfect Dark Zero. What the hell happened?
3. Banjo Tooie. Man, was that game boring.

I was more excited for Rampage on the NES than anything up to that point. I played through it in one (long) sitting, realized it was the worst piece of crap I had ever placed in my NES, and sold it to some kid who didn't know any better.

Pit Fighter on the Genesis. Fortunately that only wound up as a rental, not a purchase.

NBA Hoopz on the DC. Showtime was the party game of choice among friends for well over a year, so when the sequel came out I picked it up on day one. Then I found out that turning it into a 3-on-3 game completely ruined it.

[quote name='lawlflip']Gears of War
Halo 3

Shadowrun
Saints Row

Can't think of anymore right now.[/QUOTE]
Don't bother trying if it's more crackhead bullshit choices like that.

another one i just realized was SSX Blur for the wii
What a pile of crap with the most counter-intuitive controls ever!

I think they should just stop making ssx games the first one was good the second was great from then on they jsut kept sucking more and more.

Alias (PS2)...crap!

I loved the TV show & thought it would be a good game.
Man, was I wrong! If you see it in a bargain bin for $1.00, don't buy it, ha ha!

[quote name='deekayex']Blue Dragon[/QUOTE]

Everybody always knocks this game and I don't know why. It is what it is. A turned based JRPG.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Everybody always knocks this game and I don't know why. It is what it is. A turned based JRPG.[/quote]

I dont know seeing it was made by the "Father" of Final Fantasy and used character designs from the DBZ guy you would assume instant classic. It just seems there is something missing from it, I saw a good portion of it and was not satisfied.

I dont know after playing Dragon Quest VIII and seeing the same look and feel maybe I was putting it up on that level and thats why I did not like it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I dont know seeing it was made by the "Father" of Final Fantasy and used character designs from the DBZ guy you would assume instant classic. It just seems there is something missing from it, I saw a good portion of it and was not satisfied.[/quote]

I haven't enjoyed a FF game since FFIX. So I wasn't expecting anything new from Blue Dragon. However I've only played it for an hour, but so far I don't see anything too turdy about it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I haven't enjoyed a FF game since FFIX. So I wasn't expecting anything new from Blue Dragon. However I've only played it for an hour, but so far I don't see anything too turdy about it.[/quote]

Im actually a little more excited to see how Lost Odyessey (maybe a typo) turns out.. More FF feel to it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Im actually a little more excited to see how Lost Odyessey (maybe a typo) turns out.. More FF feel to it.[/quote]

I'm also looking forward to it. While I didn't think Eternal Sonata & Blue Dragon were complete turds I also didn't think they were amazing. Just okay.

but... what were you expecting from Pong??? :cool:

[quote name='umcthomas']Lots

Gears of War
Rockstar Table Tennis
MYST II (the only one in the series I needed more than one hint on)
Spot
Pong: The next level (PS1)
Some Tomb Raider games
and
The little LCD screen handheld I got from Wal-Mart with saved allowance money.

Off topic - The accessory I was most excited about and didn't like was the power glove.[/quote]

[quote name='cochesecochese']Say it ain't so? This is one of the games I'm planning on picking up when I've got a job.[/quote]

Have you held the new Guncon? No recoil/kickback, feels cheap, bad detection on screens (so the reviews say).. it's true what was said, the PS1 guncon feels more durable than the PS3 one.

Perfect Dark Zero LE.

Fortunately I got it used from GS.

I've noted a lot of people not pleased with movie based games, this requires an immediate: DUH.

The only movie based game worth while is the surprising Chronicles of Riddick game...on the Xbox. Any game which is immediately cross platformed to every known console/hand-held in existance is probably going to be....craplicious: made using the classic "lowest common denominator" theory...ie: most movie games.

Tomb Raider games- they ceased being amusing over 10 years ago. But I see Drake's Fortune is trying to bring it back...

Games like FF/Blue Dragon, and the upcoming Lost Odyssey: Wow, if you haven't figured out that since FFVII there hasn't been an innovation in the fake-RPG's the japanese put out....just...wow. The Japanese tend to produce battle simulators/number crunchers. Pokemon would just as easily be translated into a FF titles, or vice versa- it's all goofy number crunching combat after combat with stories that rarely translate well, and seek to emulate westerners, or their ideal of us. Take out all of the cut scenes, and what do you have? number crunching battle after battle after battle...like...pokemon?

Craptastic.

Donkey Kong 64 - This game SUCKS. It's got the lamest exploration/platforming/collecting combo ever in a game. It basically is everything that was wrong with early 3D platforming games at the time. Each time you've collected something you never feel accomplished because frankly you haven't done or experienced anything awesome.

Anyone who defends this game...well don't listen to their opinion. They obviously were hypnotized by awesome cornyness that IS Donkey Kong Rap.

Then there's sonic....>_>

Sonic the Hedgehog I felt was going to be the game to finally bring back what I loved about Sonic Adventure, but they couldn't have done worse. Seriously how do you make your camera and controls worse than they were in your older games, that's just LAZY even if you are rushing it.

Thank goodness I never bought that abortion of a game....don't even get me started on the evil that is Shadow the Hedgehog. *violently rocks back and forth in rocking chair*

Also there is New Super Mario Bros, not nearly as horrible as the games above, but because it's a Mario game it deserves to be said. This game was worse than Super Mario Lost Levels, it was completely uninspired and easy, sometimes I wonder if I ever really played the game.

The Metroid Prime Series - They're not bad games, sorta ok, but they're so overrated and it needs to be said. It's got style, but no substance. I love the atmosphere of the games though, but the game itself is just SO boring.

Final Fantasy VIII - I regret paying full price for this. I didn't like the junction system, having to draw out spells from enemies, and having to switch back and forth between Squall and crew to Laguna and his pals.

Final Fantasy IX - Something was amiss here. This was the first Final Fantasy game, that was out in the states at that time, that I couldn't finish.

Guild Wars - I had been wanting to play this game ever since it came out and had waited and waited for the price to drop on it. I was finally able to get it for $9.99 during the Black Friday sale last month and have hardly played it since. It feels so empty...like I'm doing quests with no real purpose.

Castlevania Lament of Innocence - Better than the N64 titles but it still left me kinda disappointed. I'm just glad I rented it first.

GTA series - I fell for the hype and bought GTA 3 when it came out. I got bored of it within a few hours. I don't know why I bought Vice City but I ended up trading it in not long afterwards. Honestly, since they're so cheap used and I've rebought them, I put them on now just to listen to the radio stations. :/

Legend of Mana - I actually cried because I regretted buying it. It was also the beginning of the downfall of the Mana series.

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - I remember watching the trailer at Gamestop and wanting to play it because it was a sequel to MGS3. I bought it when it dropped to $19.99 and have hardly played it because I can't really get into the mission based play.

Star Ocean 3 - I never managed to even make it to the second disc. I wanted to like this game but it just kept dragging on and was feeling like one giant side quest with no real plot. Item creation was a real pain in the butt too.

Skies of Arcadia - Another rpg I wanted to like (since they're my favorite genre) but this one was horrible cliche, corny dialogue and story, and a whole lot of random battles that took longer than a battle normally should. The camera has to slowly pan around and zoom in on the next person after the other slowly and dramatically attacks lol...

That's all I can think of right now.

Sonic Heroes

And...fuck, which I honestly did purchase when it came out cause I was, for some reason, really excited to play a Shaq based fighting game...

[quote name='meesterjojo']The only movie based game worth while is the surprising Chronicles of Riddick game...on the Xbox. [/quote]

There aren't many, but Goldeneye on N64 and Terminator 2 Arcade were stellar games.

bread's done
Back