GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nine to ten dollars is too much for one of the better games of this generation(imo)?

I just beat Darksiders this morning in fact, and enjoyed it. It is pretty much a carbon copy Zelda-like, but that said it accomplishes what it sets out to fairly well. The story and voice acting were less than stellar, and it has some annoying difficulty spikes, but I was definitely surprised by how much I liked it. I wouldn't consider it a must play by any stretch, but definitely worth playing. $5 would be a more ideal price I think, but it's hard for me to make a good call since I got it via PS+. Definitely surprised it's still as much as it is, I didn't think it was particularly popular (from a sales point of view). 

Nine to ten dollars is too much for one of the better games of this generation(imo)?
The game is $5 at Best Buy and $4 on Amazon so I would hope that after what is basically a 55% off sale with PUR it would at least be closer to those prices.

wow there actually some good stuff this time.

I already kinda want 

Resident evil 5 gold

Hot Shots Gold Vita

Resistance 3

Nintendoland

Before you ask. No GameStop is not having a "welcome to next gen" deal where they give you great credit for all you crap current gen games.
what the hell are you are talking about dude? Why the fuck would I do that, I have everything paid off? Yeah im going to try to trade games for 50cents, im going to trade 120 games crap games just so I can get 1 precious next gen game. Just fuck off, I actually play games unlike some people who just hoard and flip games all day without actually playing anything.

I'm tempted to pick up Resistance 2&3, I really enjoyed the original when I first got my ps3 but kinda forgot about the serious as time went on. 

what the hell are you are talking about dude? Why the fuck would I do that, I have everything paid off? Yeah im going to try to trade games for 50cents, im going to trade 120 games crap games just so I can get 1 precious next gen game. Just fuck off, I actually play games unlike some people who just hoard and flip games all day without actually playing anything.

Lol I was waiting for this.

The game is $5 at Best Buy and $4 on Amazon so I would hope that after what is basically a 55% off sale with PUR it would at least be closer to those prices.
Not true. It's 7$ on amazon shipped and only available on best buy if your store has it locally. But you continue to complain if you like

Not true. It's 7$ on amazon shipped and only available on best buy if your store has it locally. But you continue to complain if you like
Yeah, my huge bitching and moaning session of saying that I thought that the base price is a little high.

Tekken Hybrid is officially on the list?  It's missing from the spreadshe...never mind, I can add it in myself.

And thanks for the work on that spreadsheet, Darby, makes things much easier.

Wow that's a steep price for Secret Service Ultimate Sacrifice, a budget game. Same on WWE 12.

Will probably pick up

Wolfenstein,
Velvet Assassin,
Singularity,
Rock Band Lego, Madden 12, Legendary, Guitar Hero World Tour, Eat Lead Return of Matt Hazard, Bulletstorm, Bionic Commando, Anarchy Reigns.

That is if I find any of them at my local gamestop.

In regards to the spreadsheet, all I can assume is that someone had screwed with the formulas somehow.

When I posted it earlier the 360 page was complete and correct.  The games mentioned appear to have been fixed now though.

Well it's a shame that Hot Shots Vita has an online pass but I think that I might get off easy on this sale and just grab that and Anarchy Reigns. Guess I'll see if I can grab those while I'm there tomorrow.
It should give you an online pass on the receipt after you purchase. If it doesn't, just return it and get your money back!

Is Fable II really going to be $1.35 before tax? I figure it's worth it to buy it just because
it's going to be $3.50 or $3.15 with PUR, it's $7 regular. if you're looking at the spreadsheet I believe he said he was putting them in with the 50% off already taken.

^Fable 3 not 2 correct?
Yeah, I misread his post and thought it said three. I'm pretty sure that it's Fable 3 on the list, though of course that's one of the hardest to read bits, because it was a part of the 3 for $10 sale and I believe the B1G1 as well. Even after both of those most stores around here are absolutely flooded with the game and it's not worth a whole lot in resale.

There isn't too much on here that I'd consider getting. If anyone's looking for a fun shooter, I'd recommend Singularity though. 

Eh. Doesn't really wow me. I might try getting GoW, The Darkness, Forgotten Sands, and White Knights, but I'm not gonna be broken up if I don't make them.

I'm not even sure it's worth getting even if you already own a Kinect.
I don't have a Kinect, but if it falls cheap enough with the next generation coming. I might bite on a Kinect.

I know Gunstringer will never be on PS3. So it would be nice to see Fruit Ninja on PS3 with Move though. I doubt that will ever happen.

What? Child of Eden is easily one of the better non-sports Kinect game. You can't have a disdain for J-pop and it's a sequel to Rez.
Yeah, J-pop isn't something for everyone. Anyway, I figured the Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja and Child of Eden were on my want list awhile back for Kinect. Long before Child of Eden came to PS3.

I already have Child of Eden on PS3. I was actually a little curious what it was like to play the game with Kinect.

Edit: I might have to look at some reviews on Virtua Fighter 5. I haven't played a Virtua Fighter games since VF 2.

Wow can't believe a $25 game (Hitman: Blood Money on 360) is on this list. Yeah definitely will get Hot Shots for a few bucks. I have both Darksiders games on PC from Humble Bundle.

I don't have a Kinect, but if it falls cheap enough with the next generation coming. I might bite on a Kinect.

I know Gunstringer will never be on PS3. So it would be nice to see Fruit Ninja on PS3 with Move though. I doubt that will ever happen.

Yeah, J-pop isn't something for everyone. Anyway, I figured the Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja and Child of Eden were on my want list awhile back for Kinect. Long before Child of Eden came to PS3.

I already have Child of Eden on PS3. I was actually a little curious what it was like to play the game with Kinect.

Edit: I might have to look at some reviews on Virtua Fighter 5. I haven't played a Virtua Fighter games since VF 2.
Dude they released a much better complete and patched version of VF 5 as a download for $15. You might want to get that instead.

Eh. Doesn't really wow me. I might try getting GoW, The Darkness, Forgotten Sands, and White Knights, but I'm not gonna be broken up if I don't make them.
I know it's cheap, but pass on WKC 1 on PS3. WKC 2 is $18 used and comes with a remastered version of the first game on the disk in addition to the sequel. Also WKC 1 has one of the most impossible trophy lists on PS3 so I wouldn't bother with it.

Wow that's a steep price for Secret Service Ultimate Sacrifice, a budget game. Same on WWE 12.

Will probably pick up

Wolfenstein,
Velvet Assassin,
Singularity,
Rock Band Lego, Madden 12, Legendary, Guitar Hero World Tour, Eat Lead Return of Matt Hazard, Bulletstorm, Bionic Commando, Anarchy Reigns.

That is if I find any of them at my local gamestop.
Again I know it's cheap at $5, but Madden NFL 12 is one of the crappier versions of Madden this gen. If you have to get a cheap Madden fix, go with 11. Also you could get NCAA 11 cheap also as that is the best version of NCAA outside of 14 this gen.

Hey guys, these are probably both stupid questions but I'm new to PowerUp Rewards, just upgraded to Pro yesterday and I wanted to know two things:

1. If I redeem points for the $10 off any pre-owned game and I buy a pre-owned game that's less than $10 then I'll just get the game for free right?

2. If I get 2x of the $10 off any pre-owned game and I buy two pre-owned games will the coupons work on the same transaction or will I have to do them on separate transactions?

Hey guys, these are probably both stupid questions but I'm new to PowerUp Rewards, just upgraded to Pro yesterday and I wanted to know two things:

1. If I redeem points for the $10 off any pre-owned game and I buy a pre-owned game that's less than $10 then I'll just get the game for free right?

2. If I get 2x of the $10 off any pre-owned game and I buy two pre-owned games will the coupons work on the same transaction or will I have to do them on separate transactions?
1. Might be YMMV but as long as the employee is competent and not salty, it'll work. I get LA Noire for free yesterday.

2. One coupon per item per transaction.

Looks like the games I'm most interested in would still be in the $8-10 range so I'll probably pass for now.
However, I might nab these if my local Gamestop has them:
-PS3 - Blacksite: Area 51

-PS3 - God of War Collection
-PS3 - X-Blades
-Wii - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (supposedly it's a completely different game compared to the PS3 version?)

It also says offer valid 8/19-9/8.
OP do you have any comment on what it said in the fine print? Where did you get your information that this sale begins on 9/9? Because the fine print says it expires today...

OP do you have any comment on what it said in the fine print? Where did you get your information that this sale begins on 9/9? Because the fine print says it expires today...
The fine print also says that you need three games. Doesn't that look familiar? It's the fine print from the 3 for $10 sale.

He already addressed it in the first page.

That's the fine print from the 3/$10 sale going on till 9/8. They re-used the same sheet, and changed some of the games, that's why it says the sale is valid from 8/19-9/8. Whoever did the marketing sheet, forgot to change it.

Looks like the games I'm most interested in would still be in the $8-10 range so I'll probably pass for now.
However, I might nab these if my local Gamestop has them.
-Wii - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (supposedly it's a completely different game compared to the PS3 version?)
The Wii comes with the original retro game as an added bonus on the disc.

god of war is 3.59 after the birthday discount, pur and the 50% off. a no brainer at this price eventhough ive beaten these multiple times lol. managed to find a complete case for it as its harder to find a complete copy for this game than i thought. gonna return rebuy tommorow :)

god of war is 3.59 after the birthday discount, pur and the 50% off. a no brainer at this price eventhough ive beaten these multiple times lol. managed to find a complete case for it as its harder to find a complete copy for this game than i thought. gonna return rebuy tommorow :)

If anyone has the birthday coupon for the month, could you PM it to me? Thank you!

^^ i would like this info as well, thanks

I concur and would also like this coupon.

Do you guys REALLY want to waste the coupon on a few cents?

bread's done
Back