GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I showed up too early then.  Staff knew nothing about it, and none of the games rang up with the 50% when I went.  I'll try again later, I guess.

Even with no bonus this week they still bring in a profit?

Some of you guys are hardcore with these 2 and 3 dollar flips.
Lol GRAW 2 brings in a nice profit if you can get multiple ones. ~$2.25 w/ PRO into $11 w/ GCU.

But will be picking up some of these games. Was about to buy Resistance 3 last week, good thing I held off.

EDIT: Whoops forgot the 50% works with the PRO simultaneously, so its $2 to $11. Hey, that's how much some people get paid an hour, so for 20 mins, it's an alright margin.

Even with no bonus this week they still bring in a profit?

Some of you guys are hardcore with these 2 and 3 dollar flips.
Let me guess a $3-$5 profit? And how long you been waiting in line for? 30min?
LOL. First of all, bashing is really not necessary. Don't like it? Then don't do it. Secondly, either you are bad at maths or you need to read the forums more.

So if you have the PUR discount, is it 10% off the original price or 10% off already discounted price? In other words If I buy a game that normally costs 19.99, with the discount for the promotion it'll be 9.99, but with the 10% off the original price it would be 7.99 for a total discount of 60%, or is it the other way around where you get 10% off 9.99 so the total discount is 55%?

So if you have the PUR discount, is it 10% off the original price or 10% off already discounted price? In other words If I buy a game that normally costs 19.99, with the discount for the promotion it'll be 9.99, but with the 10% off the original price it would be 7.99 for a total discount of 60%, or is it the other way around where you get 10% off 9.99 so the total discount is 55%?
It usually works as the former. So yes, 60%, not 55%

The 10% off applies to the discounted price, so in your example, you'd pay $8.99.

Let me guess a $3-$5 profit? And how long you been waiting in line for? 30min?

On topic is there a sheet with actual prices?
Nah i waited in line for about 10 minutes, I posted that literally when i got to the store. I had 2 copies of each, paid $15 in GS credit, turned into $50 in best buy credit all in under an hour. If you're so quick to bash, kindly point out where I can get $35 for an hours work. Gamestop and Best Buy are both less than a mile from my house.

Nah i waited in line for about 10 minutes, I posted that literally when i got to the store. I had 2 copies of each, paid $15 in GS credit, turned into $50 in best buy credit all in under an hour. If you're so quick to bash, kindly point out where I can get $35 for an hours work. Gamestop and Best Buy are both less than a mile from my house.
If its true what you said, why don't you do it more than once? If I had your time/dedication I would probably do it all day

I wish it showed the prices of the games instead namely because even though 50% off is great, I dont want to find a game I want and it turns out its $25 marked down from $50. I'm more in the mind of $5-10. Also, did anyone post a better pic and I missed it? tough to read.

Best buy store limits, I could've done 3 if they had copies of them at my GameStop. It isn't a question of if its true, you can research the values yourself on GameStop and best buy. And also look up the opening times and locations for my stores in concord nh if you still doubt me

I wish it showed the prices of the games instead namely because even though 50% off is great, I dont want to find a game I want and it turns out its $25 marked down from $50. I'm more in the mind of $5-10. Also, did anyone post a better pic and I missed it? tough to read.
Just look them up online. I'm sure you're not wanting every single game on that list (probably 6 at most?), so just spend like 2 minutes looking up prices

Best buy store limits, I could've done 3 if they had copies of them at my GameStop. It isn't a question of if its true, you can research the values yourself on GameStop and best buy. And also look up the opening times and locations for my stores in concord nh if you still doubt me

Limits how many? 3?.

Just look them up online. I'm sure you're not wanting every single game on that list (probably 6 at most?), so just spend like 2 minutes looking up prices

Limits how many? 3?.
As far as I know best buy trade in is a 3 per title limit or you risk being banned if not denied right away

Personal experience? Why don't you get another person to keep flipping or even find a homeless person and offer him a nice meal with the profit.
Or you could quit trollin... but wait that's all you have to do since you work at dunkin donuts. Welcome to ignore since you're not adding anything

Or you could quit trollin... but wait that's all you have to do since you work at dunkin donuts. Welcome to ignore since you're not adding anything
haha I havent changed my personal info, that was 6 years ago!!! but i wasnt trying to troll just point out some options for you to make you richer!

Going to pick up alpha protocol and one of the blazblues. Which one is the newer/better edition? I'm reading around the web and finding continuum shift is the more worthwhile purchase, anyone able to recommend it?

Stating you're adding someone to your ignore list is an automatic lose. But that guy should've known that all the penny-pinching hoarders would come out en force and ruin this promotion, like they do with every promotion, by buying up entire stocks of games to flip for minimal profit while screwing over their fellow gamers. Have fun with the extra $10, you shameless, Capitalist pigs.

There's honestly so many old games on this list that I would think by now most gamers would have bought and traded them away. I could understand if these were more recent titles with a real demand, but most of these will be available in such numbers at most GS stores that even with hoarders/flippers you should be able to find a copy or two to keep/play. That is, unless you wait till the end date of this promo to finally go to your local GS store to try to find a copy to play.

Stating you're adding someone to your ignore list is an automatic lose. But that guy should've known that all the penny-pinching hoarders would come out en force and ruin this promotion, like they do with every promotion, by buying up entire stocks of games to flip for minimal profit while screwing over their fellow gamers. Have fun with the extra $10, you shameless, Capitalist pigs.
You should see the Best Buy trade-in thread, literally every post is asking for a "spread sheet" on building credit. These people always screw the normal people up. No wonder BB asks for IDs, fingerprints, pics because they know these people exist. There should be a forum just for flippers and let them be, be away from the video game DEALS forum that are for DEALS

You should see the Best Buy trade-in thread, literally every post is asking for a "spread sheet" on building credit. These people always screw the normal people up. No wonder BB asks for IDs, fingerprints, pics because they know these people exist. There should be a forum just for flippers and let them be, be away from the video game DEALS forum that are for DEALS
There was at one point according to some on here until the CAG reboot.

Picked up Binary Domain and Enslaved for the ps3. Binary Domain was the last copy while Enslaved has no box... Ugh gotta find a box!

picked up

ps3

god of war collection 4.49

hawx 3.14

blazblue continuum shift 4.49

advanced warfighter 2 2.24

nintendoland 6.74

x blades 2.24

section 8 3.14

god of war was complete but greatest hits, blazblue, nintendoland and x blades were also complete, the rest were disc only. not a bad deal at all. 28.62 for all of them.

Looking at
MGS4
GoW Collection
Ratchet All 4 One (iffy on this one.. played it with ps+ and was meh)
Red Steel 1
Rayman 3DS
Wii Music
House of the Dead Overkill
Dream Trigger
Alpha Protocol
Enslaved
Wipeout 2048
Tekken Hybrid
Legendary

Which should be a definite buy?
MGS 4 if you like Metal Gear
GoW Collection
House of the Dead if you have Move
Alpha Protocol
Enslaved
Wipeout 2048
Tekken Hybrid if you liked Tekken Tag back in the day, also comes w/CGI Tekken movie.

It's called slickdeals.

I'm debating this but I'm looking out for the MGS Legacy for $30 tops

Why didn't you ask them for a case? Even another game's case will do and you just print the cover.
You'd be amazed at how reluctant GS employees are sometimes. Ive scoped out a mint complete case multiple times and they ALWAYS try to switch it out for those cheap black cases that look like a dog chewed on it and someone stomped on it a couple of times. When i ask for the case I gave them they always give attitude. Its rather annoying.

On the mention of MGS legacy. Im the same. Waiting for that to be $30.

You'd be amazed at how reluctant GS employees are sometimes. Ive scoped out a mint complete case multiple times and they ALWAYS try to switch it out for those cheap black cases that look like a dog chewed on it and someone stomped on it a couple of times. When i ask for the case I gave them they always give attitude. Its rather annoying.

On the mention of MGS legacy. Im the same. Waiting for that to be $30.
That sucks. My gamestop is not that bad. I traded-in some games and I asked them if I could keep two cases and they were like sure! Then I printed the Wii Sports and Links Crossbow Training covers and they looked neat. I would imagine you have the right to ask for a case if they only give you the disc. Any case will do.

So many crying whiners on this forum, yeesh.  :-({|=  :no:

Great sale so far from GS, picked up a couple B-rate games to fill in the shelves. No problems ringing them up either. 

Same on the $30 price point. Also looking forward towards The LE edition of MGSR (the one with the statue) hitting a price point of $50-$70. One can dream lol

Do you have to buy in 3's? 

*EDIT* - To answer my own question... No..  I just bought 2 games they rung up fine.

Picked up MGS4 today, and I totally forgot to get Enslaved. Guess I'll have to make a trip to a different gamestop tonight. #Noawkwardness

People are only asking for the spreadsheet because a fellow CAG (X) started listing games that could turn a small profit when another CAG (Y) suggested that X make it a spreadsheet so that lurkers won't get to it. X said that if people wanted the spreadsheet, CAGs could PM him for it. Members aren't just blindly coming out of the woodwork to ask for the spreadsheet. And I'm sure you have to be established for X to give the info to you.

Please comb the thread instead of going off the last page or so?

And I don't know what Best Buy you go to, but mine never asked me for fingerprints or pics. (Though I guess the ID covers that.)

Not siding with anyone but based on posts here the non flippers are the ones whining most. Like:

Why are people who flip always whining? Lol. Be happy with your $3. Or you could actually get a job.
Every single one of your posts is bashing and hating in every thread. Thanks for the inside help.

OT: I could not find a complete Enslaved. :headache:

FWIW, I started it and I'm sorry. I didn't realize that those titles brought what they did. You could buy those 3 he mentioned for less than $9 and get $25 in store credit. That's really not too bad esp if you want to get dead space 3 or crysis on sale this week for that.

Its all good. I just dont understand why anyone has to start fights all the time. What does it accomplish? Only creates more fights and pointless convos.

I'm completely against flipping/hoarding of actually limited items (hello Wind Waker HD LE), but come the fuck on, no one actually wants to play shit like X-Blades and if they do then there are plenty of options to do so.

By my math, grabbing copies of Nintendo Land + :ps3: GRAW 2 + :360: X-blades + :ps3: Lost Planet will cost $16 NOT taking off the 10% PUR discount.  If you trade those into BB with GCU, you get $43.  The whole process would take me about an hour...$27 plus rewards points on both accounts is a great deal, even taking the quarter-to-half gallon of gas it will take me to do it.  If anyone thinks that $27 an hour isn't worth it then they don't need to buy cheap discount games in the first place.

I'd do it today though before BB nukes the TIVs.

bread's done
Back