GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK why, but when I was there on Saturday, their trash can beside the counter had a bunch of X360 artwork in it.
When I worked there, they'd (corporate) send us random re-printed artworks, often for games we didn't need artwork for. Like, we'd need 3 for NBA LIVE 2007, and they'd send us 50.

If anyone does have a TLOU online they don't intead on using I would love to have one. I bought 1 during the B2G1 sale and it didn't print on the receipt, I won't play the game until I can get my hands on one.

I might just try buying one individually pre-owned and see if it will print on receipt.

So did they ring the $4.99 version up 2x?
when i first went for the gow collection they put the origins disk in the case by mistake. when i went home and realised it i rushed back out to get the original collection. in short in did two seperate transactions. thank goodness theres 1000 gamestops by my home lol

Here's all the games on the list by system:

XBOX 360
The Adventures of Tintin: The Game
Alone in the Dark
Anarchy Reigns
Arcade Unplugged
Armored Core 4
Battlefield Bad Company 2
The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout
Binary Domain
Bionic Commando
The Black Eyed Peas Experience
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Blood Drive
Bodycount
Brink
Brutal Legend
Bulletstorm
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do
Chaotic: Shadow Warriors
Child of Eden
Clash of the Titans
Conflict: Denied Ops
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Damnation
Dark Void
The Darkness
Darksiders
Dead or Alive 4
Deca Sports Freedom
DJ Hero 2
Dragon Age Origins
Duke Nukem Forever
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Fable III
Fighters Uncaged
Fist of the North Star
Front Mission Evolved
Game of Thrones
Game Party: In Motion
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
The Gunstringer
Hitman Blood Money
Homefront
Hulk Hogan's Main Event
Jericho
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kinect Disneyland Adventure
Kinect Joy Ride
Kung Fu Panda 2
Legendary
Madden NFL 11
Madden NFL 12
Medal of Honor
NBA 2K11
NBA 2K12
NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 12
NHL 11
NHL 12
The Outfit
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Prototype
Quantum Theory
Raven Squad: Hidden Dagger
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Rise of Nightmares
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band: Beatles
Rock Band: LEGO
Rogue Warrior
Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice
Section 8
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
Singularity
Sonic Free Riders
Stormrise
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Top Spin 3
Two Worlds II
UEFA Euro 2008
UFC Personal Trainer
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Vancouver 2010: Olympic Winter Games
Velvet Assassin
Venetica
Victorious: Time to Shine
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Way of the Samurai 3
Wolfenstein
WWE 12
X Blades
Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Zumba Fitness: Join the Party

Playstation 3
The Adventures of Tintin: The Game
Alpha Protocol
Anarchy Reigns
Armored Core 4
Bakugan
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
Binary Domain
Bionic Commando
Blacksite: Area 51
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Blazing Angels
Brink
Brutal Legend
Bulletstorm
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Conflict: Denied Ops
Damnation
Dark Void
The Darkness
Darksiders
Def Jam Rapstar
DJ Hero 2
Dragon Age Origins
Duke Nukem Forever
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Eye Pet
F1 Championship Edition
F1: 2010
FIFA Soccer 2008
FIFA Soccer 2010
FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa
The Fight: Lights Out
Front Mission Evolved
Game of Thrones
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
God of War: Collection
Guitar Hero 5
Homefront
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jericho
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Killzone 2
Kung Fu Rider
Lair
Legendary
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Little Big Planet GOTY
Little Big Planet Karting
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Madden NFL 12
Major League Baseball 2K10
Major League Baseball 2K11
Major League Baseball 2K12
Medal of Honor
Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Mindjack
MLB 10: The Show
MLB 11: The Show
ModNation Racers
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Naughty Bear
NBA 2K11
NBA Live 10
NCAA Football 12
NHL 11
NHL 12
Operation Flash Point: Dragon Rising
Prototype
Prototype 2
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Rogue Warrior
SBK: Superbike Workd Champions
The Shoot
Singstar ABBA
Singularity
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Starhawk
Start the Party
Syndicate
Tekken Hybrid
Timeshift
Tom Clancy's HAWX
TRON: Evolution
TV Superstars
Two Worlds II
Virtua Fighter 5
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
White Knight Chronicles
Wolfenstein
WWE 12
X Blades

Nintendo Wii
Active Life: Magic Carnival
All Star Cheer Squad
Alvin & The Chipmunks
Arcade Zone
Attack of the Movies 3D
Bakugan
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
The Biggest Loser
The Black Eyed Peas Experience
Blazing Angels
Boom Blox
Boom Blox Bash Party
Brunswick Pro Bowling
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The Conduit
Cursed Mountain
DDR: Hottest Party 2
de Blob
Deer Drive
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed
DJ Hero 2
EA Sports Active
EA Sports NFL Training
Game Party
Game Party 3
Ghost Squad
Go Diego Go: Great Dinosaur Rescure
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Hollywood Squares
I Spy Spooky Mansion
Imagine: Party Baby
Kore Gang
The Last Airbender
Madden NFL 07
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Madden NFL 10
Madden NFL 12
Monster Trucks Mayhem
My Fitness Coach
My Sims Racing
Nerf N-Strike
Nerf N-Strike Elite
NHL 11 Slapshot
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
The Price is Right 2010 Edition
The Price is Right Decades
Rec Room
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
Scene it? Twilight
Science Papa
Secret Saturdays: Beasts of the 5th Sun
Shaun White Skateboarding
Shaun White Skateboarding: World Stage
Sing It
Smarty Pants
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Top Spin 3
We Ski
Where the Wild Things Are
Wii Music
Wii Play
Winter Sports Ultimate Challenge
Zhu Zhu Pets Wild Bunch

Nintendo DS
Battle of the Giants: Dragons
Crosswords DS
Drawn to Life: Next Chapter
Ener-G: Dance Squad
Go Diego Go: Safari Rescue
Hannah Montana: The Movie
Heathcliff: Frantic Foto
Hot Wheels: Track Attach
I Heart Geeks
Imagine: Fashion Designer New York
Jam Sessions 2
Minute to Win It
Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi
My English Coach-Spanish Edition
My Healthy Cooking Coach
My Secret World by Imagine
My Sims Sky Heroes
Noah's Ark
Petz Dogz Talent Show
Pinkalicious
Princess and the Frog
Purr Pals
Puss in Boots
Shrek's Carnival Craze
Touchmaster
Transformers Animated: The Game
WarioWare D.I.Y.

Nintendo 3DS
Asphalt 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Dream Trigger
Rayman 3D
Steel Diver
Super Monkey Ball

PSP
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Killzone Liberation
Madden NFL 11
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
MLB 09: The Show
MLB 10: The Show
My Spanish Coach
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Resistance: Retribution
Sonic Rivals
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator
Transformers: The Game

PS Vita
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
Little Deviants
MLB 12: The Show
Wipeout 2048

Wii U
Nintendo Land

Are the prices on GS.com the current prices or will the discount apply at checkout? Like Operation Flashpoint is $10, will it go down to $5 when I buy it?

Tried trading a few titles to GS off the 2 for 10 list when i noticed a refurb fee added to each disc. When asked why they said it was because i didnt have cases and that policy had changed and they require a case with trades now. Which is stupid since they just throw away all ds/3ds cases and artwork. same thing at two different stores. Then the one game I was going to buy I got just the disc in one of the yellow sleeves and was told they don't have a case for it.
After two separate stores still no copies of wolfenstein or timeshift to be found.

What is the bday coupon and how do I get one? Been pur pro for over a year and bday passed two months ago but I've never gotten one before.

....aaaaaand I just realized he didnt put the GoW disk in the case. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow and convince them that I never got the game. I hope its the same manager so that it isn't a hassle.
It shouldn't be a hassle regardless. They'll have one more disc on-hand than the computer says they have in inventory and that should easily validate your claim. It's happened to me a couple times before. Never an issue.

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I have heard the online pass prints with the receipt for any first party Sony games that Gamestop sells used.  Can anyone confirm this?  I'm interested in Starhawk and Hot Shots Golf Vita but it's not worth it if there is no online pass included.

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I have heard the online pass prints with the receipt for any first party Sony games that Gamestop sells used. Can anyone confirm this? I'm interested in Starhawk and Hot Shots Golf Vita but it's not worth it if there is no online pass included.
You get passes for both of those games.

What is the bday coupon and how do I get one? Been pur pro for over a year and bday passed two months ago but I've never gotten one before.
It should have been emailed to you on the month of your birthday and/or shown up in your active offers. That said there is one floating around here that has unlimited uses, so you should be able to grab that (don't have the link unfortunately). It's a -20% any one used game coupon, if you didn't know.

Dunno if it has been posted before but...

I used a $5 dlls off reward coupon and it deducted 5 dollars off the  ORIGINAL price and then applied the 50% off.

(ie. 14.99 dollar game came up as 4.49 insted of 2.25)

Gamestop just trolled me, lol

Dunno if it has been posted before but...

I used a $5 dlls off reward coupon and it deducted 5 dollars off the ORIGINAL price and then applied the 50% off.

(ie. 14.99 dollar game came up as 4.49 insted of 2.25)

Gamestop just trolled me, lol
Hmm that seem wrong to me...shouldn't the five dollars come off the final price

The system takes dollars then percentage. It sucks that it did it that way. You might be able to get an employee to manually fix it.

The system takes dollars then percentage. It sucks that it did it that way. You might be able to get an employee to manually fix it.
So it would take something like enslaved and take 5 off of the 9.99 and then discount that 50%? I was thinking it would do it the other way to make it free...that sucks...anyway around it?

Seriously? Cuz I was planning on getting something with bday and PUR $20 off used game coupon. Anyone else done this before?

So would I get the price from scenario 2 below instead of scenario 1? (I'm assuming scenario 3 wouldn't happen cuz 10% discount comes first always, but I could be wrong...)

Scenario 1 (which is what I thought would happen):

54.99 -> less 10% Pro discount = 49.49 -> less bday 20% = 39.59 -> less $20 coupon = 19.59

Scenario 2 (if dollars taken off first AFTER Pro discount):

54.99 -> less 10% Pro discount = 49.49 -> less $20 coupon = 29.49 -> less bday 20% = 23.59

Scenario 3 (if dollars taken off before all % discounts):

54.99 -> less $20 coupon = 34.99 -> less 10% Pro discount = 31.49 -> less bday 20% = 25.19

I know, we're only talking a few dollars here so not a big deal, but still....

....aaaaaand I just realized he didnt put the GoW disk in the case. I'm going to have to go back tomorrow and convince them that I never got the game. I hope its the same manager so that it isn't a hassle.
This happened to me during the last sale. Got home and the disc was not in the case. I called them and the lady who sold to me answered and I told her and she apologized. It was hot out and Gamestop is on the other side of town so I waited a couple days before returning the case & receipt and a different employee was there and they did it with no problem.

However I did tell her it would be a couple days before I came back in and she said she'd tell the others about it.

So it would take something like enslaved and take 5 off of the 9.99 and then discount that 50%? I was thinking it would do it the other way to make it free...that sucks...anyway around it?
Yes. Ask the employee to change the order.

I didn't see if if was a scanned discount from a 50% barcode, but it can be done if it is.

Otherwise, it's a manual adjustment.

Just had an employee deny the coupon outright saying I couldn't use it with the promotion...one promo at a time is all he said... no way I am paying full price before coupon with no discount after... I just walked out...I hope it was just this store... I hate when employees are rude about it...those coupons come from spending my money there...sorry about the rant, just very annoyed

Anyone know of any "stand outs" from this list? I've heard Binary Domain is pretty good. 

Should have bought a $1 game just to leave a review
I just used the site contact form and sent the address of the store and told them what happened. I am just annoyed that this obviously works for others on here and isn't YMMV. I wasted my lunch hour and about 30 miles of driving to get some games. Grr....I will update when I hear back from them.

Anyone know of any "stand outs" from this list? I've heard Binary Domain is pretty good.
Binary Domain is wild and over the top goofy at times, but it also has a surprisingly not terrible story. Gameplay wise, if you like cover based third person shooters, THIS GAME HAS GOT YOU COVERED! It's a solid B+ game.

I just used the site contact form and sent the address of the store and told them what happened. I am just annoyed that this obviously works for others on here and isn't YMMV. I wasted my lunch hour and about 30 miles of driving to get some games. Grr....I will update when I hear back from them.
Just because it works for some people doesn't mean it's not YMMV. There are Gamestops near me that don't let you stack promotions either.

Which console version of Brutal Legend is the ok one and which one is the broken one that has a patch stuck in limbo? Thanks in advance.

I expect it's been mentioned already, but just incase I thought I'd mention you can search "50pre" on gamestop.com and see all the titles (which would allow you to sort by price, platform, etc.).

Called this morning before they were even open, and the manager was nice enough to walk out and give me the disc before they unlocked the doors. Im lucky that there is a store less than a mile away, and the employees always seem pretty friendly and helpful.

This happened to me during the last sale. Got home and the disc was not in the case. I called them and the lady who sold to me answered and I told her and she apologized. It was hot out and Gamestop is on the other side of town so I waited a couple days before returning the case & receipt and a different employee was there and they did it with no problem.

However I did tell her it would be a couple days before I came back in and she said she'd tell the others about it.

What's the general turnaround time for a manager call/e-mail? I sent a negative but polite survey on Monday night, and I'm surprised no one's called. Not that I need a call, but it's a bit of a letdown after hearing how great managers have been, historically, about resolving issues.

Wait so if you used a $5 off pre-owned coupon they would take $5 off the original price then apply the 50% off? Or is it YMMV and depends on how the employee processes the sale?

Well, picked up Jericho, Duke Nukem ($2 is too low to resist), and Enslaved. Jericho's gameplay feels dated, but I'm still finding it enjoyable. Enslaved is really good so far. I also picked up two worlds 2, but it was so bad I returned it lol.

I apologize, I have not kept up with this thread. But does the $3 off coupon from kongregate in tandem with a certain mobile now work with the 50% off sale? Last I heard it did not. Has this changed?

Wait so if you used a $5 off pre-owned coupon they would take $5 off the original price then apply the 50% off? Or is it YMMV and depends on how the employee processes the sale?

I apologize, I have not kept up with this thread. But does the $3 off coupon from kongregate in tandem with a certain mobile now work with the 50% off sale? Last I heard it did not. Has this changed?
This is extremely YMMV. I tried both in a store earlier in Auburn, NY and the guy wouldn't even try them. He said "one promo at a time" and walked away. It is stupid that they are being that anal over $5 especially when I am using a powerup rewards coupon.

bread's done
Back