Gamestop & Amazon STILL dropping prices for games + 10$GC!!!

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
gamestop's site is still dropping prices, for example Demon's souls and Bioshock 2 are now for 32.99 each (they come for less than 30 after tax) and FF XIII is now for 43.99... and after the coupon codes that we ALL KNOW they can come even cheapper:D

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=847&loc=homeflash

EDIT: this morning amazon has PMed some games, DS, Bs2 now for 32.99 each, FF XIII for 43.99$ & GTA: ELC for 29.99$ although some other games haven't changed

EDIT 2: i noticed that some CAGs said that in amazon, a few hours after ordering the order status sais ready to be shipped... this is a point when you can't cancel your order... so you can expect an other PD from GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yruluis']Well, you can always call CS to tell them if you have a problem with a game. I bought two AC2 and one of them was the AC1. Called got a replacement, didn't work (was told to keep it, plan on trading it in:)) and I just got my other copy that works today. I wasn't planning on keeping the game so now I make a bigger profit off my AC2 purchase.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is pretty generous and nice of the Gamestop company O:

Honestly, it's great they are bumping up promo credits, but Gamestop is still kicking some ass with their 25% off deal + promo credit.

I managed to snag both RDR ($45 + $10 credit) and Alan Wake ($45)

As far as i can tell none of the discounts ever apply to gamecards could use the 10 dollars off a 4000 point card and get that highly sought after penny per pricepoint, can anyone remond me the point where you get free shipping?

I have a semi-random question about my GS preorder. I look at the order history for the titles I bought (RDR and Alan Wake) and the order status for both says "verifying". Does that mean it's just waiting for the game(s) to come out before shipping, or is it stuck in some limbo where it still needs to be processed by GS? I ask because it seems a little wierd for "verifying" to still be there even though I placed the order about a week ago.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']I have a semi-random question about my GS preorder. I look at the order history for the titles I bought (RDR and Alan Wake) and the order status for both says "verifying". Does that mean it's just waiting for the game(s) to come out before shipping, or is it stuck in some limbo where it still needs to be processed by GS? I ask because it seems a little wierd for "verifying" to still be there even though I placed the order about a week ago.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Considering both those games don't ship for at least 2 weeks+, they won't actually charge your card until a few days prior to their release...so of course your status should still be "verifying".

[quote name='Ruahrc']I have a semi-random question about my GS preorder. I look at the order history for the titles I bought (RDR and Alan Wake) and the order status for both says "verifying". Does that mean it's just waiting for the game(s) to come out before shipping, or is it stuck in some limbo where it still needs to be processed by GS? I ask because it seems a little wierd for "verifying" to still be there even though I placed the order about a week ago.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

they only have cannceled verified and shipped, since they are preorders it will most likely say that till they ship. If it still has the price of the order listed next to it it's fine.

[quote name='An J0e']i am assuming i won't get the $10 coupon if i buy the game used. Will i ?[/QUOTE]

No, you will not. The customer service rep that i spoke to yesterday said the coupons are only issued for buying titles that qualify in NEW condition.

[quote name='Xdt-Inferno']No, you will not. The customer service rep that i spoke to yesterday said the coupons are only issued for buying titles that qualify in NEW condition.[/QUOTE]

poo

I have more games pre-ordered due to gamestop's 25OFF coupon and other deals then I have ever pre-ordered in my life. Of course about half of them are going to get canceled once the earlier ones ship, but even dropping those it's still way more titles then I've ever pre-ordered.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Considering both those games don't ship for at least 2 weeks+, they won't actually charge your card until a few days prior to their release...so of course your status should still be "verifying".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='An J0e']they only have cannceled verified and shipped, since they are preorders it will most likely say that till they ship. If it still has the price of the order listed next to it it's fine.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's a weird thing about GameStop's site . . . I have, in the past, had pre-orders say "Verifying" right up until the order shipped. More recently, though, my pre-orders have said "Verifying" for a couple of days, and then switched to "Pre-order Ships xx/xx/xxxx" once they've processed them. Other people, though, have still recently reported having pre-orders sitting at the "Verifying" status for a long time.

Overall, I'd say don't worry about it. I've received pre-orders that have gone both ways at this point without any problems. But the inconsistency of it is weird.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Honestly, it's great they are bumping up promo credits, but Gamestop is still kicking some ass with their 25% off deal + promo credit.

I managed to snag both RDR ($45 + $10 credit) and Alan Wake ($45)[/QUOTE]

Overall you're correct that gamestop is giving the better deal, but Gamestop isn't giving out any promo credit. It is a $10 off coupon and contains the same restrictions as any other coupon.

Thanks for posting this fellas. just nabbed Borderlands, Bioshock 2, and Mass Effect 2 for $83 and free 3-day shipping. Not bad. Feels good to stack up a few games to play now that classes are out for the summer.

One question though, will I enjoy ME2 without having played the 1st one? I know ME2 is more shooter than the first one, but to be honest, that's what I want. But can I enjoy it without playing the first one?

ugh.. somehow i feel better to pay extra @ amazon rather than using the coupon at gamestop... 10 dollar amazon credit goes a LOT farther than a 10 dollar unstackable gamestop coupon

[quote name='melon-juice']ugh.. somehow i feel better to pay extra @ amazon rather than using the coupon at gamestop... 10 dollar amazon credit goes a LOT farther than a 10 dollar unstackable gamestop coupon[/QUOTE]
I'm feeling the same way but I haven't bought much yet... just Mario Galaxy 2 and UFC Undisputed 2010. Thinking about Heavy Rain and Episodes from Liberty City also.

Finally jumping on borderlands, i will use the 10 coupon on something under $30.

just did a search and saw the pokemon games for ds, haven't played one since silver, might pick one up; i was 10 back then, might be a fun bit of nostalgia.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Thanks for posting this fellas. just nabbed Borderlands, Bioshock 2, and Mass Effect 2 for $83 and free 3-day shipping. Not bad. Feels good to stack up a few games to play now that classes are out for the summer.

One question though, will I enjoy ME2 without having played the 1st one? I know ME2 is more shooter than the first one, but to be honest, that's what I want. But can I enjoy it without playing the first one?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you'll still enjoy it. I would still recommend playing the first one sometime though since its a awesome game also.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah, you'll still enjoy it. I would still recommend playing the first one sometime though since its a awesome game also.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, good to know. Thanks bud. Sad part is I actually have ME1 as I got it for only $10 or so, but I have no idea where it is at the moment. I just can't bring myself to actually buy ME1 again knowing that it is hiding from me somewhere in my house. But now since I've actually committed to buying ME2, I'll try harder to look for it. However, I may just be ass-backwards and go ahead and play ME2 and play ME1 later if I ever find it. I'm also wondering if my ME1 copy is hiding somewhere with my Fallout 3 game. :wall:

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing'] However, I may just be ass-backwards and go ahead and play ME2 and play ME1 later if I ever find it.[/QUOTE]

ME2 is so amazing that I'm sure you would enjoy it by itself but part of what takes it over the top as one of the is the best game franchises ever is the way the two stories continue and play out from one game to the next. Just realize the experience is just that much better playing them in order.

[quote name='melon-juice']ugh.. somehow i feel better to pay extra @ amazon rather than using the coupon at gamestop... 10 dollar amazon credit goes a LOT farther than a 10 dollar unstackable gamestop coupon[/QUOTE]

I was really close to going with amazon but 25OFF was just too good to pass up,

MW2, BS2 and DS for 90 bucks shipped was too good to pass up, plus the 3 $10 coupons which I will use eventually, even if I do not still saved a lot of money with the 25% off

Heavy Rain has dropped to $46.99 on Amazon! Motherfuckers trying to take my money!! :lol:

I am probably going to wait till tonight to decide what to drop money on though.... Still eyeing FF13 and Heavy Rain for myself and Demon's Souls for my husband.

[quote name='x_fiddle']ME2 is so amazing that I'm sure you would enjoy it by itself but part of what takes it over the top as one of the is the best game franchises ever is the way the two stories continue and play out from one game to the next. Just realize the experience is just that much better playing them in order.[/QUOTE]

Is it just your choices that cross over into the new game, or does ammo, EXP, etc. carry over too?

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Sweet, good to know. Thanks bud. Sad part is I actually have ME1 as I got it for only $10 or so, but I have no idea where it is at the moment. I just can't bring myself to actually buy ME1 again knowing that it is hiding from me somewhere in my house. But now since I've actually committed to buying ME2, I'll try harder to look for it. However, I may just be ass-backwards and go ahead and play ME2 and play ME1 later if I ever find it. I'm also wondering if my ME1 copy is hiding somewhere with my Fallout 3 game. :wall:[/QUOTE]

you should try to find it and play it first. you will still enjoy the gameplay but the second one doesn't explain things when you encounter them (it assumes you played the first). it expects you to know what a krogan is and why they were nearly wiped out, what the citadel is and why the council does or doesn't like you. overall if you don't some of the dialogue will be confusing, like if a police officer walked up and started using numerical codes expecting you to know what a 382 is.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Is it just your choices that cross over into the new game, or does ammo, EXP, etc. carry over too?[/QUOTE]

It's just the choices that you make that carry over. Although you do get some bonuses when you import a character. Like extra credits to start off with.

Thanks for the info guys :) I'll try to find it. I got it during the school year and kept putting it aside b/c I'm not a big RPG guy and didn't want to commit. But I couldn't resist the price and now that classes are finally over for the summer and I have the time, I've screwed myself. But I'll get to finding it. It doesn't help that my wife likes to go in her cleaning stages and just starts randomly storing things in various places.

use the 15NEW code for grand theft auto for the ps3, came to 28 with shipping and hadnling, hopefully i can use the 10 credit for the metal gear psp they have

I was apprehensive about going with the GS deal, but I had a ton of credit from the "plus 50%" promo they ran a while ago. I grabbed ME2 and BFBC2 for around 80, then used one of my $10 codes along with "20used" and edge to grab Just Cause 2 (PS3) for around $20. I'll watch for another $40 used game I can pillage for $20.

Used 2x $10 coupons on 2 orders of God of War Collection, $16.30 out of pocket each after tax ($32.60 total), and will get 2x $10 coupons back.

[quote name='Torusan']Seems like Amazon is going back to full price for some games after selling out on gamestop. Lame.[/QUOTE]

That's typically how it works with Amazon. It's amazing really how fast they are able to adjust their prices after the competitor sells out.

Fortunately, they haven't adjusted the price on Bioshock 2 yet, and I was able to get in on that. Made it worth waiting yesterday to see if Amazon would drop any lower to match Gamestop.

Just ordered online and picked up BioShock 2 + Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360 for ~$50 (after 20USED and Edge) - $27 store credit = 2 games for $23. I haven't even played the games yet, and I already feel like I won:)

Yea baby I called and complained about Demon's Souls dropping price since I bought it a week ago and they gave me a code for $20 off a future purchase. The original difference was only $5 HAHAHA gamestop is rocking these days:D

[quote name='V878']Ugh FFXIII back up to $60 on GS.com. There goes my plans of PMing it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Will Best Buy price match on-line deals? I've only been able to get them to price match when I have have physical ads. But I haven't tried to price match with them in a year or so.

[quote name='An J0e']you should try to find it and play it first. you will still enjoy the gameplay but the second one doesn't explain things when you encounter them (it assumes you played the first). it expects you to know what a krogan is and why they were nearly wiped out, what the citadel is and why the council does or doesn't like you. overall if you don't some of the dialogue will be confusing, like if a police officer walked up and started using numerical codes expecting you to know what a 382 is.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't entirely "expect" these things, as all of this information is listed in the codex pages. I don't know about you guys, but for once, I read through a game's "Lore" when I played ME1. I can honestly say ME was my favorite 360 game, this generation. It had many flaws, but that storyline was amazing.

What little I've played of ME2 looks to be a vastly improved upon ME1...Which is exactly what was needed.

Anyways, sleepy time for me. The KayMart beckons in the morning.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Will Best Buy price match on-line deals? I've only been able to get them to price match when I have have physical ads. But I haven't tried to price match with them in a year or so.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store. I've told them about deals and didn't have the ad so I showed it to them on that store's website and they honored. A lot of this stuff varies. I think technically they aren't supposed to PM online-only retailers like Amazon but I know one store near me does that.

[quote name='V878']Depends on the store. I've told them about deals and didn't have the ad so I showed it to them on that store's website and they honored. A lot of this stuff varies. I think technically they aren't supposed to PM online-only retailers like Amazon but I know one store near me does that.[/QUOTE]

I was using Amazon on a display comp at Best Buy to read reviews of a set of headphones Best Buy had listed for $80. A manager came up and asked me if needed help with anything, not implying I was doing anything wrong or anything like that. I told him I was just reading reviews, and he said "You know, we can match any price if you find them listed for some other price elsewhere." Turns out that Amazon had the $80 headphones listed for $20! I showed it to him, and he matched it on the spot. Great customer service right there - so in other words, definitely give online pricematching a shot.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Now I really feel bad for buying FF XIII at full price! Damn it! lol[/QUOTE]

I got an email from gamestop that read with said $5 coupon and edge card I could get $32 credit for FFXIII. I'm rather surprised that the trade-in rate for FFXIII is still so high considering the amount of whining I read about the game, but even with that much credit I wouldn't dream of selling it. I won't say that FFXIII was as groundbreaking for me as ME 2 but as the first FF I played and beat since VII, I looked at the numbers and then I just said to myself 'Nah gamestop can go fuck themselves, I'm keeping my game; FFXIII was worth every penny'.

I got Demon's Souls new for $30.00 free shipping and uncharted 2 new for $38.51 free shipping.I'm playing God Of War 3 that i got for $40.92.

bread's done
Back