GameStop and Amazon: Wii U GameCube Adapter

what was the item limit?
It doesn't appear that there was one. Personally I only wanted one. I understand why Nintendo didn't make an overabundance of these because it doesn't help sell many new controllers (especially for those of us who have their old GCN controllers) but at the same time this is supposed to complement arguably their biggest game on the system right now.

It just seems odd that so many Nintendo products are becoming hard to get.

is this hard to find still? if so I may get it
That's not really a bad deal, all things considered. I figure most people will want at least one fresh Gamecube controller anyway.

Why do I sense a Wii U revision with GC controller ports?
Nintendo will not be adding controller ports to the Wii U. Literally ONE game supports the Gamecube Controller Adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else thought it was silly to release the GC adapter in the first place? I mean yeah considering it support only 1 game and serve 1 purpose. A Wii U with GC port wouldn't exactly be out of nowhere coming from Nintendo.

Someone on Slickdeals said this about us:

The vultures over at CAG are unhappy about this. I can imagine how sorry their forum looks like right now.

The vultures over at CAG are unhappy about this. I can imagine how sorry their forum looks like right now.

Why do I sense a Wii U revision with GC controller ports?
I doubt that would happen considering how much it would cost to produce the extra parts and ship the console with the gamepad.

If I'm not mistaken a Nintendo official was quoted years ago saying the Wii U would have GCN games on the Virtual Console.

Bought about 10 of these around a month or so ago at Best Buy out of pure luck. I was looking for Amiibos and found several GC adapters on the racks.

I'm sure Nintendo realizes at this point they are highly sought after and shouldn't pass up the opportunity for another item to print money.

I doubt that would happen considering how much it would cost to produce the extra parts and ship the console with the gamepad.

If I'm not mistaken a Nintendo official was quoted years ago saying the Wii U would have GCN games on the Virtual Console.
Technology depreciates considerably quick. The cost of making the Wii U is 2013 would probably be at least 20-25% cheaper in 2015. Add the ports wouldn't cost them much. They may actually save money because I mean MS did with the 360. Nintendo do this all the time with their handhelds. DS Lite would be the best example.

The real question--why are you going on SD? =P

There are some scorned ex-CAGers who became disgruntled probably from repeated bans or other lover spats here and like to post stuff like that over there.

So much blatant resale talk in that thread though..

There are some scorned ex-CAGers who became disgruntled probably from repeated bans or other lover spats here and like to post stuff like that over there.

It's weird, over here trade ins are big just as reselling is I guess something over at SD (w/ the number of threads on SD, reselling isn't that big of a topic there). Yet, trade ins aren't looked down here but reselling is. Even when the Walmart Ni no Kuni thread was up. Everyone was a ok w/ doing that but reselling an adapter is the devils work.

I digress. Hope everyone here was able to get an adapter. Was up for a good minute too.

The majority of the people at this point are going to resell this stuff since you can imagine most people interested have gotten one already. It's just kinda insane that Nintendo will keep churning out gamecube controllers but not the adapters

I'm curious to know who that waytooslick guy is. same guy who posted sp00ge's gamestop's 3 for 10 pic over there.

I think he means for pre-orders, and i also don't know the answer to his question, but curious about online pre-orders and charges with gamestop.
ahhh got it. Sorry about that. I looked back at a pre-order from the last time GS had these. I placed the order on 12/8 and they took the money out of my paypal on 12/15 when it shipped.

Funny how it says "add to cart" and it will only tell you in small, faded gray print on the original and the confirmation page that it's a pre-order for 5/1/15.  This is why we hate Gamestop.  Bundling a controller at full MSRP with this thing, and it's not even coming out until May.

I'd just get a 3rd party one from Amazon for under $30.  I'd rather support them than Nintendo at this point. Nintendo intentionally does this.  Remember how the Wii was hard to find for almost 2 years?

bread's done
Back