GameStop and Amazon: Wii U GameCube Adapter

Got mine at Gamestop... what was odd is.. They didnt even realize these were for preorders. I had preordered the new wave when it came open. Said May 1st is release day... Yet they had it as of a few days ago and didnt let anyone know.

Now that I have one... Aside from being able to use my Wavebird controller for SSB... (True wireless!!!) I dont know what else to do with it. Almost seems the new line of GC controllers which work for VC games would be better.

Any news on if they plan to make this more useful? Does this adapter work on PC at least?

Man... what is the big deal about these...

Whats people thoughts about the ones that plug into the wii remote that let you have a GC controller but work on VC stuff as well? Arent those more ideal then these adapters? Btw.. can you just plug one side in and only use 2 ports of the GC?

Man... what is the big deal about these...

Whats people thoughts about the ones that plug into the wii remote that let you have a GC controller but work on VC stuff as well? Arent those more ideal then these adapters? Btw.. can you just plug one side in and only use 2 ports of the GC?
You can plug in only one of the USB cables and be able to use all 4 controllers. However, the rumble is reliant on extra power draw so it won't function with only one USB cable plugged in.

I saw a few of these things at GS last night...then I realized I didn't want them and didn't care to try to resell them. Ah well; spending is too hard whenever I have a decent amount of credit...

Last edited by a moderator:
I went the other night to get mine, which has been paid off since February. They only got one, which was mine, and they fuck ing sold it to someone else. If they don't get another one by the release date on my preorder, I'm going to be contacting the DM.

Stupid thing to worry about, but it's about principle. You don't just sell something belonging to a customer that was paid off months ago, without even calling the customer first.

so GS stores just got one shipment in?  I really there is another this week or next for the May 1 "preorder".

suprisingly the local GS received over a dozen (haven't been back though).  others in the city etc I hear less.  Still a decent amount at NW.

I was just at the Best Buy in Roseville, MI and they have 1 in-stock. It's on the clearance are in the game section behind a stack of Xbox 360 controllers next to the stack of Wii U pro controllers. Tucked it away in case a CAG wanted to run over there and pick it up

I have one... never even opened it yet because been debating, do I WANT to use this. (Since I have the GC Wavebird) or do I want the one that can work for VC games...

Granted, not sure what kinda CAG trades are out there for this or the demand.

Looks like the supply and demand on these things is finally starting to level out. Nintendo's online store has had them in stock for some time, as far as I can tell.

I'd pick one up if it worked with more than Super Smash Bros. It seems silly to buy an adapter and controllers for only one game.

bread's done
Back