GameStop and Amazon: Wii U GameCube Adapter

feels good man, feels like old times

i just walked into a gamestop and they were on the counter ready to be sold , got 1 and saw 4 left

I pre ordered one online so I get the feeling anyone who did that won't get it until May 1 or later. I might have to stop by a Gamestop tomorrow. 

After much debate I went ahead and ordered the adapter and controller bundle with a ready to ship date on May 8th choosing free value shipping. I got use to the pro controller but something about it just doesn't feel as good as the gamecube controller with smash bros. Plus I just like the looks of the adapter with the big Wii U logo on it and even though I have several gamecube controllers I wanted one of these new ones since I read they have a longer cord and that smash logo looks pretty cool. I'm anxious to try smash out with it after reading all the great reviews of no lag (at least not with both usb plugs plugged in, it will work with just the black one plugged in but with a bit of lag according to one review.) but to be honest I never noticed lag anyway with the pro controller. 

My local GS had a ton of these instock, I was shocked. Picked one up just to have in case my current one breaks on me. #ShaqFUScalpers

Just as a heads up, I just got back from the Syosset, NY Gamestop and they have 5 adapters on the shelf.  The worker didn't even know they had them in.  It's best to ask and check the shelves/racks.  Happy hunting.

Great day to be a smash fan. Not only did Mewtwo club nintendo codes go out but gamestops across the nation are getting in the Wii U gamecube adapters. I called and they had some left (London Ky) so I asked them to hold me one I went and picked it up. Cancelled my controller/adapter bundle preorder last night & using old gamecube controllers. Downloading Smash Update now.
tumblr_nmvdsdHCs91rr6e7xo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nmvdsdHCs91rr6e7xo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nmvdsdHCs91rr6e7xo4_540.jpg
tumblr_nmvdsdHCs91rr6e7xo5_540.jpg
tumblr_nmvdsdHCs91rr6e7xo6_540.jpg

I just walked into my local Gamestop and saw they had brand new Wii U Gamecube controller adapters available on the shelves.  I talked to the employees and apparently a lot of Gamestop locations have received their May 1st preorder shipments SUPER early and it looks like some extra units were shipped along with them.  They only let me purchase two, or I'd have picked up the others for fellow CAG users.

Their website hasn't updated the in-stock numbers yet, so you'll probably have to call or walk in to find out if your nearest store received any extra units.  YMMV.

Proof below:

aZI4eFP.jpg

Yes, a lot of the people in the thread already devoted to this specific item at this store have posted that they found them in stock over the past couple of days.

Dont we have a thread talking about it already right here on the front page? Why yes we do. All i did was open my eyes and I saw it. Just like I opened my eyes and saw no deal in this thread either, just a thread showing an msrp item.

Thanks for the pics though. Im really glad you took the time to show everyone how you bought something for its normal everyday price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as a Wii U owner (and yes, a long-time fan of Nintendo games), it pains me that there is SO much hoopla over a lame controller adapter.  The very fact that people are clamoring over a device that effectively works on one Wii U game (forget the DL games) shows just how lost the Wii U has become.

Don't get me wrong, I like the games on my Wii U, but why Nintendo couldn't just add a GCN controller port bugs me.  They could just as easily create a wireless GCN controller (Wavebird 2 anyone?) and forgo the darn adapter entirely.

And don't get me started on the Amiibos ... I understand cash-grabs, but the level of blind loyalty to people buying these is practically ridiculous.  I mean, I'm of the mind now that Nintendo (and well, the customers, too) don't even care whether any of these things actually "do" anything gameplay-wise ... which they don't.

It would have cost them more money to add it to the console since few games support it. In order to justify that they would have to have GameCube support (which I'm surprise they don't since there is Wii support). No need to have it apart of the console when people who want it for one game are willing to pay $20+ for it seperately.

quick question. Can you use the new smash bro's gamecube controllers with the gamecube/wii? Im assuming they work like the old controllers since you need an adapter

Yesterday, reports over Reddit claimed that the Nintendo Wii U GameCube adapter (1st party) was back in stock, in limited quantities, in-store only at GameStop.

GameStop's website will not list if the device is in stock at a store. And it's out-of-stock on the web store. You can call your local GameStop to find out if they have any.

I called some of mine in upstate NY, and they all had units. I bought 2 for myself, which I patiently waited for (refusing to buy from eBay scalpers). Now my 8 WaveBirds are ready, and just in time for Mewtwo.

Yesterday, reports over Reddit claimed that the Nintendo Wii U GameCube adapter (1st party) was back in stock, in limited quantities, in-store only at GameStop.

GameStop's website will not list if the device is in stock at a store. And it's out-of-stock on the web store. You can call your local GameStop to find out if they have any.

I called some of mine in upstate NY, and they all had units. I bought 2 for myself, which I patiently waited for (refusing to buy from eBay scalpers). Now my 8 WaveBirds are ready, and just in time for Mewtwo.
Yeah we know. There is a thread right on the front page about this msrp non deal. Just like we knew when someone else didnt bother looking before posting the same thing yesterday and the day before that.

Yeah we know. There is a thread right on the front page about this msrp non deal. Just like we knew when someone else didnt bother looking before posting the same thing yesterday and the day before that.
Nice to see you still doing the Lord's work.

Compared to the going rate of $50-70 for official Wii U adapters on ebay (which is the only location you were able to find them before this shipment), this should qualify as a deal.

Its a shame that scalpers/hoarders have ruined the plausibility of someone genuinely trying to do something nice for others. :cry:
No one is stopping you from doing something nice though. You're on the internet, people aren't going to just believe you b/c you say you're going to do something.

I completely agree. Also, I consider MSRP of all adapters $4.99 regardless of what Nintendo says, so this is actually 4x the MSRP and SO NOT A DEAL. Shame on you, shame on you all.

Nice to see you still doing the Lord's work.

Compared to the going rate of $50-70 for official Wii U adapters on ebay (which is the only location you were able to find them before this shipment), this should qualify as a deal.
Still gets off patrolling the page for deals he doesn't want to see posted. Damning the quality of deals posted.. CAG is srs bsns.

I actually pre-ordered one early March and got a call saying I could pick it up yesterday. Although, I thought these tanked in value. At least, closer to MSRP anyway.

I bought one in Westchester County NY - Thornwood location last night.. they had 2 left on shelf. I personally only wanted one for Dolphin emulation - I don't even own Super Smash BB for wii u. Worked great with Dolphin when I tried it!

I could have gotten another yesterday but just needed 1. After getting home and seeing the instructions I see that 2 can be used for up to 8 players which is pretty cool but honestly don't ever see that scenario happening for me. Also, with 8 players it's so confusing to stay on your own character. Anyone using 2 of these for 8 players just curious?

I personally don't care if people hoard. Just find it funny when they try to justify lol.
The correct term is "scalp". I have no shame in admitting I do it from time to time, but enough with the lying. No one believes all 20 of you family members want that Jigglypuff amiibo or Majora's Mask Collectors Edition and you're spending hundreds out of your pocket to be a nice guy. No, you're buying it to throw it on ebay for a wildly inflated price. I know the game, so just admit it. Scalpers like myself see right through the bullshit

The gamestop closest to me didnt want to sell me a gc adapter. Went to another close one and the associate was cool about it and let me buy one. Yay

The gamestop closest to me didnt want to sell me a gc adapter. Went to another close one and the associate was cool about it and let me buy one. Yay
They didn't..."want" to sell you the adapter? What? Was there a good reason for it? It was reserved or bought online and was awaiting pick up for a costumer?

I have 2 reserved from GameStop and they have arrived. Funny thing is, I don't even want them.

Thanks to all the people who posted about new stock at GameStop. I was able to pickup a Wii U GameCube Adapter and 2 Smash controllers this afternoon at a GameStop in Dothan, AL. They had one left in stock

Thanks guys, went to a gamestop right after i left work, and they had 3 of them left..Just a heads up, houston peeps the gamestop by gulfgate is the one i went to. Finally got me one!!

Bought 20 for family members and my closest friends.

Had to go to 7 different Gamestops for them all and I'm not even keeping one for myself.

#familyandfriendsfirst

bread's done
Back