GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be looking for these games but tell me if im missing anything to try (probably played it but still suggest some). 360 games only but if it's for PS3 it has to be exclusive. Will be my last huge 360 haul

360 = Condemned, DoA4, Full Auto, Fear, Overload, Stuntman:Ignition, DMC4, Infinite Undiscovery, Golden Axe:Beast Rider, Last Remenant, Wanted:Weapons of Fate, Chronicles of Riddick, Ninja Blade, Fighters Uncaged, Victorious:Time to Shine (SHHHHHH DON'T TELL NO ONE)

Here's the Xbox 360 games, think I got them all.

Alone In The Dark
Alpha Protocol
Armored Core
Army Of Two
Bakugan
Bionic Commando
Blacksite: Area 51
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Borderlands Add-on pack
Bourne Conspiracy
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Chaotic: Shadow Warrior
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Condemned
Comdemned 2: Bloodshot
Dark Void
Darkness
Dead Or Alive 4
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon Age Origins
Duke Nukem Forever
Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard
Enemy Territory Quake
Fear
FEAR 2: Project Origin
Fight Night Round 3
Fighters Uncaged (Kinect)
Full Auto
Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter 2
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Guitar Hero 5 (game only)
Infinite Discovery
Jericho
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Kane & Lynch 1: Dead Men
Kung Fu Panda
Last Remnant
Lego Indiana Jones (1?)
Medal of Honor: Airborne
NCAA Football 2010
NCAA Football 2011
NHL 2010
Ninja Blade
Open Season
Operation Flash Point: Dragon Rising (based on the price)
Phantasy Star Universe

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Project Gotham Racing 4 (appears to be this from the $3.99 normal price)
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Rock Band: Beatles (game only)
Rock Band Lego (game only)
Section 8
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Spliter Cell: Double Agent
Stuntman: Ignition
Tiger Woods 2009
Tiger Woods 2010
Top Spin 3
Unreal Tournament III
Victorious: Time To Shine
Virtua Tennis 2009
Wanted Weapons Of Fate

Does Gamestop generally send game complete when you buy online or would it be better to just go to an actual store?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the games on that list. There are bunch of good-great games on there. Either you have no taste in good games or you just hate older games.

Is there a chance that this list will vary from store to store?  Some games not listed being included in the deal or games listed not being available, etc

I hope this is in-store as well.  I recommend Alpha Protocol, Battalion Wars 2, and Red Steel 2.

Thinking about getting Last Remnant, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and Dead or Alive 4. 

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the games on that list. There are bunch of good-great games on there. Either you have no taste in good games or you just hate older games.
I think it's more about the age of the games/a lot of people having played them already. At $3.33 a pop you're right though, there's some games that are entirely worth it. I'm probably pairing The Darkness and Riddick with Alpha Protocol but Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Red Faction and Dragon Age Origins are all tempting as well. Even Heavenly Sword sounds like something I would like to check out at that price. I'm going to end up talking myself into a second set of games though I worry about finding most of these complete, happy that the Alpha Protocol I grabbed the other day was perfect.

I think it's more about the age of the games/a lot of people having played them already. At $3.33 a pop you're right though, there's some games that are entirely worth it. I'm probably pairing The Darkness and Riddick with Alpha Protocol but Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Red Faction and Dragon Age Origins are all tempting as well. Even Heavenly Sword sounds like something I would like to check out at that price. I'm going to end up talking myself into a second set of games though I worry about finding most of these complete, happy that the Alpha Protocol I grabbed the other day was perfect.
Yeah I forgot to mention the fact that some people already owned/played the games. But still doesn't make it a shitty list. Heavenly Sword is a STEAL at $3.33. After all these years, it still holds a decent price.

I just went through and read the list that someone did OCR on just to see if I missed anything and some of the spelling errors are rather comical.

Dragon Age Origins is by far the best game out of those you mentioned.

Need for Speed: Shirt
Paws 6 Claws Dog 4 Cat
Hall-E or Hall-B
Bat Lead
Tiaer floods 2010
Tom Clancy's HANX 2
My Sims skyneroes
Dragon Age Origins is by far the best game out of those you mentioned.
I wouldn't say by far, that's a pretty big disservice to Guerrilla and Riddick in particular. I mainly want DAO to get Awakening at some point since I already played DAO on 360 when it came out. Too bad both parts aren't a part of this.

:360:

Condemned----------------------------------- 4.99

Dead or Alive 4------------------------------  9.99
Full Auto---------------------------------------  9.99
Fight Night Round 3------------------------ 3.99
Splinter Cell: Double Agent-------------- 3.99
Blazing Angels: Squad-------------------- 7.99
Open Season---------------------------------- 9.99
Phantasy Star Universe--------------------- 9.99
Armored Core 4-------------------------------  9.99
Fear------------------------------------------------ 6.99
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter------ 2.99
The Darkness------------------------------------- 6.99
Overlord---------------------------------------------  6.99
Stuntman: Ignition-------------------------------- 5.99
Medal ot Honor Airborne------------------------ 9.99
Blacksltez Area 51-------------------------------- 4.99
Project Gotham Racing-------------------------- 3.99
Blazing Angels 2------------------------------------ 9.99
Jericho--------------------------------------------------  4.99
Call of Duty 4:Mod Warfare----------------------- 6.99
Soldier of Fortune Payback----------------------- 3.99
Army of Two-------------------------------------------  6.99
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men-------------------- 4.99
Devil May Cry 4----------------------------------------  6.99
Condemned 2: Bloodshot--------------------------- 4.99
Top Spin 3-------------------------------------------------  4.99
Enemy Territory Quake------------------------------ 3.99
Kung Fu Panda----------------------------------------  3.99
LEGO Indiana Jones----------------------------------- 4.99
Bourne Conspiracy, The--------------------------------- 6.99
Unreal Tournament--------------------------------------  4.99
Alone in the Dark------------------------------------------  4.99
Tiger Woods 2009-----------------------------------------  4.99
Infinite Undiscovery----------------------------------------  7.99
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway--------------------- 5.99
FEAR 2: Project Origin--------------------------------- 4.99
Golden Axe: Beast Ride----------------------------------- 4.99
Last Remnant----------------------------------------------  9.99
Bat Lead: Return of Ma----------------------------------- 6.99
Wanted: Weapons of Fate--------------------------------- 6.99
Chronicles of Riddick:whistle2:------------------------------------ 6.99
Ninja Blade--------------------------------------------------   6.99
Blonic Commando----------------------------------------  4.99
Virtua Tennis 2009----------------------------------------  4.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla------------------------------------ 4.99
Tiger woods 2010-------------------------------------------  9.99
NCAA Football 2010--------------------------------------  2.99
Guitar Hero 5-------------------------------------------------  6.99
Section 8--------------------------------------------------------  6.99
Rock Band: Beatles------------------------------------------ 4.99
NHL 2010---------------------------------------------------------  4.99
Operation Flash Point:Dragon Rising---------------------9.99
Bakugan-----------------------------------------------------------  6.99
Rock Band: LEGO-------------------------------------------  6.99
Dragon Age Origins------------------------------------------- 6.99
Alpha Protocol-------------------------------------------------  4.99
Chaotic: Shadow warrior ---------------------------------4.99
Dark Void-----------------------------------------------------  3.99
Borderlands Add-On Pac----------------------------------- 6.99
Prince or Persia: Forgotten Sands------------------------ 6.99
NCAA Football 2011-------------------------------------------  4.99
Kane 4 Lynch 2: Dog Days---------------------------------------- 8.99
Fighters Uncaged KNR------------------------------------------  9.99
Duke Nukem Forever------------------------------------------------  3.99
Victorious: Time to Shine------------------------------------------ 6.99

Definitely some games I've been waiting to get cheap to pick up. Let me make sure I got this straight. Since some of those games are $10 by themselves if I buy 2 games that are $10 each will my total still be $10

Definitely some games I've been waiting to get cheap to pick up. Let me make sure I got this straight. Since some of those games are $10 by themselves if I buy 2 games that are $10 each will my total still be $10
You pick any 3 games and once you ring them up, the system will give you a promo and make all of the titles 3.33. At least that's my guess.

I'll probably pick up Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age: Origins, and whatever the best NCAA basketball game they have.

Alot of people talking about Alpha Protocol, maybe I'll give it a try.
Hell, at 3 for $10 I may even try Duke Nukem.
I bought it (used) when it first came out and returned within the first 7 days. It had SO much potential but they really screwed up on the gameplay and stealth mechanics. It's worth uber cheap but don't expect to be overwhelmed with a diamond found in the rough.

The main reason the game failed commercially and critically was on the technical side. Like all Obsidian games it was pretty bad at launch. They've patched up some of it but there are still some buggy sections in the console versions (fan patches fixed almost all of the PC versions issues). Now from what I've read with the console version the sections that still have issues are fairly consistent and there are work-arounds so it's definitely not perfect still and will require some interneting on occasion. That being said, if you can live with that for $3.33 it's probably their most interesting game that tried to be really innovative with the genre.

Alpha Protocol kinda has a cult following. There are people out there that love it and say that it was great. Me personally, I couldn't get past the gameplay. The actual gameplay isn't that great, it's kinda flawed.

Looks like I'll finally be picking up The Darkness, along with Opration Flashpoint and DA:O.

Might try Alpha Protocol as well, I'm sure I could find two other games to pair with it.

Kicking myself for buying a lot of these old games in the last few months.

Alpha Protocol is a brilliant story with really unfun shooting mechanics.  I didn't run into any bugs or technical problems on PS3.  I think if they had made bullet damage not dependent on the reticle, only accuracy, the shooting could have been ok.  But since you do near zero damage if your reticle is big, it becomes super frustrating waiting for the slowass reticle to shrink to the smallest point hoping that the enemy walks his head directly into the path of your crosshair (if you try to adjust your aim even while stationary, the reticle expands again).  Only towards the end when you've dumped a ton of XP into mitigating these things does it become not as annoying, and even then it is still kind of clunky (I focused on assault rifle, pistol, stealth, and tech).  If you can get past this, there is something really special buried in there that is worth checking out, but as much as I liked it the first time I couldn't bear to do a second playthrough for alternate plot/dialogue/ending branches because I didn't want to play the shooting parts again.

I'll throw my 2 cents in as far as Alpha Protocol goes. It's one of only a couple of games that I actually played all the way through twice (and that's saying something if you look at the number of games I've played). The biggest thing I suggest when playing it is to know that you're playing an RPG. Not a shooter. Lots of people complained that they shot someone point blank and missed. That's because, like with most RPGs, you have to increase that particular skill in order for it to be effective.

As for the deal as a whole, I'm happy with it. Will probably pick up multiple sets of 3.

Definitely in on Red Faction. Just have to figure out the other two. Already played and beat the Condemneds and Alpha Protocol. Not sure if I'm compelled for a replay of any.

Looks like I'll finally be picking up The Darkness, along with Opration Flashpoint and DA:O.

Might try Alpha Protocol as well, I'm sure I could find two other games to pair with it.
dragon age is SO worth it at 3 bucks, i wish awakening was part of this 3 for 10 sale! id recommend getting da:0 for the xbox, the ps3 framerates gets crappy in big battles. darkness was amazing..the graphics are dated, but the narrative and gameplay keeps you in. darkness 2 was awesome as well.

ugh im so torn, i want to buy 9 games on that list, just so i could increase my collection but want to save that money for games id actually play. decisions decisions...

so the my lowest 3 games i kinda want to "x" off my list is heavenly sword(already played, would be picking it up as a collection), top spin 3(sort of want to wait for top spin 4 to drop in price or just wait for next gen top spins), dead or alive 4( dont really play fighting games too much, think i should just pick up 5, but heard 4 was great).

if ne one can give me reasons on why to pick these up or not to pick these up, that would be helpful! also does anyone know if 10 percent stacks?! im hoping it does, would make this deal even sweeter.

Thanks OP! Looking to pick up Alpha Protocol and Red Faction for the 360. Anyone have a good rec for the 3rd one? I already have The Darkness, Condemned, and the FEAR games.

Wait so are all the listed games in the pic applicable to this deal or only the ones that have "3$10"?
They should all be since he's a GS employee and that's a scan of the list he got for the sale. The ones that say it at the end are just super short titles that didn't get cut off.

They should all be since he's a GS employee and that's a scan of the list he got for the sale. The ones that say it at the end are just super short titles that didn't get cut off.
That's what I was thinking too. Also do we know if this is in store as well or online only?

That's what I was thinking too. Also do we know if this is in store as well or online only?
I don't think he's come back to chime in again since people started asking but I would assume in store at least. Since he received a list I'm sure it's because the store's are running it and the other deals he's posted of a similar nature have been in-store. I'm just speculating though and retail often defies logic.

I would almost guarantee it's both online and in-store.

I imagine Gamestop is trying to cutdown on their stock for the pending release of 2 next gen sections.

I would bet that every week/several week deals will be happening up until the release of the next gen

the list has games that ive either played already or am not interested in. after i beat beyond two souls when it releases ill be pretty much done with current gen. hope you guys find something you like on the list though :)

bread's done
Back