GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue is finding a 3rd game. Any suggstions? Im getting
Dragon Age Origins

Dead or alive 4

... game 3?

none of the other games look very good or i have them already
Ninja Blade is a solid, underrated title. Some might say it's a poor man's Ninja Gaiden, and they wouldn't be entirely wrong. It's a fun game though (oddly enough, it almost seems like Ninja Gaiden 3 copied some of the QTEs from this game ...)

Has anyone gotten this deal to work online??
Is there a promo code we should be using or something??

Any info would be MUCH appreciated!! :D

Yeah, more details on this would be great. Still no luck online, may try calling the 2 stores closest to me in a bit to see if they've heard of it.

Either this is just a casual thing that the corp has introduced in the computers to just automatically do it in store without bothering to advertise (which makes no sense if they're trying to reduce inventory, plus what are the odds of getting 3 on the list randomly) or this sale is bs and isn't actually happening.

god damn, I was gonna make a special trip to grab the Borderlands DLC disc with a couple other items (probably Red Steel 1/2 or Alone in the Dark or maybe Dragon's Age) but it's 360 only? I can't even tell if they made one for PS3?

Oh well, I'll pass then. I never did buy any DLC for Borderlands so this would have been a great deal for me :(

I hate to say it but Gamestop's really been on fire this last week or so. $20 Pandora's Tower, some half decent B1G1 free sales (complete with online passes where needed), $15 off any $60 game, and now this. Too bad the selection isn't just a little bit better and my backlog isn't just a little bit smaller.

Either this is just a casual thing that the corp has introduced in the computers to just automatically do it in store without bothering to advertise (which makes no sense if they're trying to reduce inventory, plus what are the odds of getting 3 on the list randomly) or this sale is bs and isn't actually happening.
Uh, it's in store only (apparently). And I can confirm it's happening, even if I can't confirm the OP's list. I stopped by yesterday to grab some games from the b1g1 sale and the cashier told me all about how I needed to come back today for this new sale :/.

Last edited:
photo25.jpg

Picked up Dragon Age: Origins, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, and Alpha Protocol (all PS3). - $9.47 w/ PUR

Positive feedback please :)

photo25.jpg

Picked up Dragon Age: Origins, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, and Alpha Protocol (all PS3). - $9.47 w/ PUR
BANG BANG! Thanks for this. Stopping by Gamestop after work.

Were all the games in a giant bin in the middle of the store or did you have to look for each one separately?

BANG BANG! Thanks for this. Stopping by Gamestop after work.

Were all the games in a giant bin in the middle of the store or did you have to look for each one separately?
Anything for a fellow CAG. They told me they were going to put them in a giant bin but I got there before they had time to organize. A lot of them are in the $9.99 and under bin.

Wow the list is actually better than what OP put. I'm thinking CoD4 (been having a hankering to play), KZ2, and maybe Medal of Honor or need for speed shift

Too bad my Gamestop had all of them in shit condition with no cover art etc. Plus the used price was already marked down to the point where $10 was about what they cost anyways haha. O well. Bust for me.

Are there any glaring or obnoxious flaws/drawbacks/etc that make the console/PC version of Riddick: Dark Atena "superior" to the other version?

Just got back from GS. Picked up Riddick, NFS Shift, Red Faction. Auto rang up as 3 for 10 at the register with no problems. I asked if this was online too and they said it's only in-store as there is another promo going on online. *Shrugs*

Going to stop at the GS in my neighborhood when I get off work to pick up the remaining games I want from the list.

PS - all the games were scattered about. I had to search for them. They did have a display in the middle of the store for a 3 for 10 but it was full of incorrect games. When I asked if they were included in the sale the employee said no. They were in the process of filling it with the correct games. So there you have it.

Dragon Age, Red Faction, and....what? Hmm. Really too bad Oblivion isn't on this list, I had a weird desire to play it for some reason.

Nice, ordered 5 games for instore pick up, 4 were not found even though it says they are in stock and one got no reply. smooth as always when working with Gamestop.

Are there any glaring or obnoxious flaws/drawbacks/etc that make the console/PC version of Riddick: Dark Atena "superior" to the other version?
I played through it on PS3 and had no issues. It's really two great games in one so it's a hell of a bargain.

Some good games in there, too bad I already have all the ones that would've interested me otherwise.  Thanks for the heads up OP, hopefully there are some more sales like this in the coming months to clear out their inventory.

Looks like they added a couple more games to the list according to the flyer someone posted. I might just get something after all..

Went to 2 stores and this deal is definitely active, some stores with heavy food traffic didn't have enough time to set up their bins and signs but deal is a go. Really hunted down complete version (or at least cases w/game art) so it would be good to go to one or more stores and have a list to mix and match. I also had trouble with putting a hold in some games yesterday and today, looks like one game per email is my guess.

Well here's what I picked up for around $40+ = Chronicles of Riddick (PS3), Condemned 2 (PS3), The Darkness (PS3), Heavenly Sword (PS3), Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3), Soul Caliber IV (PS3), Super Street Fighter IV (PS3), Condemned 1 (360), Battalion Wars 2 (Wii), Boom Blox (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), & Red Steel 2 (Wii).

might have to pick up fear, fear 2, quantum of solace, ninja gaiden sigma, bionic commando, army of two, battlefield 1, battlefield 2, cod 1, or cod 2 in some combination tomorrow.

Just went to gamestop and mentioned the promo and was given a paper like above. I scanned it here which is much easier to read. You can view it here: http://oi41.tinypic.com/33e4lqs.jpg

I picked up.

:360: Singularity

:360: The Last Remant

:ps3:  Dragon Age: Origins

With my PUR card it actually came out under $10 [slightly including tax.

Managed to score Heavenly Sword (PS3), The Last Remnant (360), and Infinite Undiscovery (360). They all had the generic cases, but when I went to pay, the guy swapped them all out and gave me their complete cases. Lucked out there.

Picked up the darkness, dragon age, and operation flashpoint. Two out of three had generic cases, but oh well.

I almost grabbed rogue warrior not knowing anything about it. Came home and checked out the reviews...really dodged a bullet there.

Went today with the intention of picking up Dragon Age (PS3), Alpha Protocol (PS3), and Guitar Hero 5 (Wii).  Checked stock beforehand, but the store I went to had mislabeled a Warriors of Rock as Guitar Hero 5.  Ended up getting Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 in its place.  Ended up costing me $9 for the three, which was pretty awesome.

Picked up SSFIV, I've got AE on plus but since they're bringing out that final update I figure that's my cheapest route, plus I wouldn't mind owning an actual copy.

Got CoD4 as well and Killzone 2, all complete and in decent shape. Good sale!

bread's done
Back