GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, OP!

There are quite a few games listed that I've been wanting to check out/add to my collection and 3 for $10 is amazing! :D

I plan to get these:

360 - DOA4
360 - Infinite Undiscovery
360 - Last Remnant
PS3 - The Bourne Conspiracy
PS3 - The Darkness
PS3 - F.E.A.R.
PS3 - F.E.A.R. 2
PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma
PS3 - Quantum of Solace

With these 2 as backups (in case a game listed above goes OOS) and/or part of another potential set of 3:
PS3 - Blacksite: Area 51
PS3 - Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Also, the $5 off $25/$15 off $60 codes (GUST5 & GUST15, respectively) will hopefully work with this deal too!
(Credit to LitePink for posting the coupon codes in another thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318611-gamestopcom-15-off-5999-games-and-accessories-disney-infinity-starter-pack-eligible/ )

Wish Quantom of Solace was for the 360 as well.

Been looking to pick that game up to see if it still has a community around it.

Gah, I wish The Force Unleashed 2 was on sale as well.

Oh well, I hope to pick up Heavenly Sword and Chronicles of Riddick for the PS3. Still deciding on the third, anyone have any suggestions? I'm kinda between Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Quantum of Solace, Soul Caliber 4, or Super Street Fighter IV

360- F.E.A.R. 2
360- Condemned:  Criminal Origins 
360- Condemned 2:  Bloodshot
PS3- Heavenly Sword
?360- Alpha Protocol
?360- Brothers in Arms

or
Devil May Cry 4 if they have the steelbook version
PS3 Vanilla Street Fighter IV

and let us not forget the greatest title on the list

Wii- M&M's Kart Racing

Thanks OP!

I've been looking to pick up Riddick and Alpha Protocol for a while! Maybe I'll get Bourne with them.
I've played all three. Certainly nothing ground breaking, but solid games, particularly Riddick.

They are making a another Riddick movie BTW.

Condemned: Criminal Origins was the first Xbox 360 game I ever played.  My friend who had just got his 360 brought it over to my house on my birthday and we played through it at night and were paranoid/scared thinking we saw shadows/something move/etc.  Great game today still.  The sequal was a disappointment in my opinion though, making guns a bigger factor and other crazy things.  Neither have an amazing storyline but the gameplay is truly one to experience with friends.  

Does any one know if fantasy star universe is still worth it for the offline portion?
Yes. It's still pretty decent. Especially if you enjoy grinding for stuff.

Anyone that is curious--Heavenly Sword is a hell of a game for $3.33. I paid $7 for it a few months ago and it is a really badass game.

Looks like the backlog is going to grow....again.

Not sure if I want to add to my backlog, but I've picked two out and can't figure out a third

- Condemned

- Last Remnant

- ???

We'll see what happens I guess.  I'll go over the list a couple more times and look at some gameplay.  Any suggestions would be appreciated though :rofl:

literally cannot wait for Avatar: The Game. Sometimes, you just want to pretend that you're a giant, blue alien....

Me too even though I'm sure nothing will be complete.
Honestly just ready to give Alpha Protocol another shot. When I first got it the game was like 3 weeks old (I bought it used and returned it) and the gameplay just pushed me away from a potentially great story.

Damn I hate Gamestop. Not only do they gut new games and pass them off as "new" but their damn website always gives me errors when placing an order. Can any of you guys order multiple items for in store pick-up? I always get an error after getting one item. Trying to get Riddick, Darkness and Heavenly Blade. Found them at one place but I could only hold one game.

Also is this deal only in-store?

Damn I hate Gamestop. Not only do they gut new games and pass them off as "new" but their damn website always gives me errors when placing an order. Can any of you guys order multiple items for in store pick-up? I always get an error after getting one item. Trying to get Riddick, Darkness and Heavenly Blade. Found them at one place but I could only hold one game.

Also is this deal only in-store?
No, their website is terrible and errors after one game for me as well. Some people can't even get one so feel lucky.

Looks like a mountain of stink but thanks for posting.
Agreed -- that's a pretty awful list of games. But thanks for posting, OP. I already have the ones there that are of any interest (Sigma, DOA4, and Dragon Origins -- though I picked up the complete edition when BBY had it for $10 a while back).

If you say this isn't a good list you are crazy. 3 games for less than 5 dollars each. I'm not sure what to buy but that is because I've already bought those games for more. The reason the list is bad is because you and I are impatient.

If you say this isn't a good list you are crazy. 3 games for less than 5 dollars each. I'm not sure what to buy but that is because I've already bought those games for more. The reason the list is bad is because you and I are impatient.
Just because a game is cheap doesn't make it a worthwhile buy. I suppose I might have felt the same way as you many years ago, but now my free time is much more limited, and while money is no issue, I don't have any reason to buy a game I have no interest or willingness to invest time in.

Personally, I'm just saying the vast bulk of those games are terrible. But if you see something you want, more power to you.

No, their website is terrible and errors after one game for me as well. Some people can't even get one so feel lucky.
it used to cut out at 3 I used a dif email in the past, to get around 6. But last I checked I could only do 1 never tried a different email is because I havnt wanted 2 games.

wonder if this will be online as well.   I'd be faced with a dilemma if online as well:

1. Use promo codes for online order but no need to use trade credit and get cashback via cc and cb sites.  May have to seek out complete copies
  2. Use trade credit (negates tax) and coupon in store.  Likely have to buy/return/rebuy across stores.  May have to seek out complete copies.

Is this just tomorrow or when does it end? Wonder if I can use a PUR $5 off preowned coupon and/or bday coupon with this? Thanks for posting OP!

Is this just tomorrow or when does it end? Wonder if I can use a PUR $5 off preowned coupon with this? Thanks for posting OP!
Pretty sure that $5 off PUR coupon won't work. I believe that coupon is for 1 item and its Buy 3 for $10. Even if it applied it would just take $5 off a game but the total would still be $10.

it used to cut out at 3 I used a dif email in the past, to get around 6. But last I checked I could only do 1 never tried a different email is because I havnt wanted 2 games.
Thanks, had to use three different emails to get my three items. I've never seen a place work so hard to not take orders.

Now just hoping they actually have these things. My store always says it doesn't have items even though it says they have full stock online.

One employee even said they didn't have a game once and I saw it on the shelf while searching for something else.

Soo I get the Bday coupon probably won't either, I guess.
I highly doubt it would since it's probably just going to set them to $3.33 a piece when all three are scanned or something that would entirely negate the coupon. Or you would be getting a funny look for using a birthday coupon for 60 cents.

Thanks, had to use three different emails to get my three items. I've never seen a place work so hard to not take orders.

Now just hoping they actually have these things. My store always says it doesn't have items even though it says they have full stock online.

One employee even said they didn't have a game once and I saw it on the shelf while searching for something else.
is the promo live online or are you referring to a previous order?

I did instore pickup at the Gamestop by me. Found the three games I wanted, but it wouldn't let me hold more than one without giving errors. I had to use three emails to hold them, assuming they even have any of them.

I did instore pickup at the Gamestop by me. Found the three games I wanted, but it wouldn't let me hold more than one without giving errors. I had to use three emails to hold them, assuming they even have any of them.
I tried different emails but still only letting me hold one.

Are you logged in? I just logged in and used my Power-up card and just made another pickup in case one of the other games is not in stock.

Also hoping these things are in decent condition. Only game I ever bought from Gamestop was Too Human, because they lost that court battle with Epic, and I had to mix lesser scratched games with covered boxes.

I tried different emails but still only letting me hold one.
honestly, best chance is your store will have multiple copies of these. they r prob trying to clear these out, .ost of the public dont kno abou these deals, and many cags won get in on this. thred has been active for maybe two day and five pages long. not much hype.

Anybody have any thoughts they'd like to share on Dragon Age: Origins? I love the RPG genre, and noticed the game was made by BioWare. Is this game similar to the ME series in terms of gameplay? T

This deal will be the death of me...I have wanted these games for quite some time, and do not own much of them.

Anybody have any thoughts they'd like to share on Dragon Age: Origins? I love the RPG genre, and noticed the game was made by BioWare. Is this game similar to the ME series in terms of gameplay? T

This deal will be the death of me...I have wanted these games for quite some time, and do not own much of them.
with rpgs being mt genre of choice Dragon Age Origins is easily worth $3.33. I bought it for I believe $40, possibly $60 when it was only out a couple months and got sucked in. Most of friends also enjoyed it immensely.theres a lot of dlc to buy if you get the vanilla version though. That's the only downside. It somewhat has Maas Effect qualities in a Middle Aged theme bit replace Guns with swords and magic.

with rpgs being mt genre of choice Dragon Age Origins is easily worth $3.33. I bought it for I believe $40, possibly $60 when it was only out a couple months and got sucked in. Most of friends also enjoyed it immensely.theres a lot of dlc to buy if you get the vanilla version though. That's the only downside. It somewhat has Maas Effect qualities in a Middle Aged theme bit replace Guns with swords and magic.
Its also got a lot of bugs. I stopped playing it when it came out because there were a lot of big ones, including DEX not applying right to bows and rogues. Took them forever to fix that and now i guess they finally did.. but broke tons of other stuff. I.E. Haste actually SLOWS down ranged attacks for some reason. Lots of other annoying certain class/skill breaking bugs too

I cant remember if they finished Dragonage before EA bought them and the founders left shortly afterwards or not, but its obvious that Biowares game quality has been going in the toilet for years. Mass Effect was the last really great game they made. Dragon age is OK, but kinda a buggy mess. Make sure you look up some of the bug lists before you play or you may screw yourself over

That said, im still grabbing it for 3.33. I have the 360 version that i stalled on an figured id play through it quickly on the ps3 to refresh my memory on the game and try to figure out what i was doing on my main playthrough.

My issue is finding a 3rd game. Any suggstions? Im getting

Dragon Age Origins

Dead or alive 4

... game 3?

none of the other games look very good or i have them already

Sweet list..

Might get Riddick and Operation Flash Point for PS3 since ive never played those games. Got to find one more filler...maybe Bourne. 1000/1000ed that on 360...loved the melee!

But now to decide if I want those, or rebuy Far Cry 3 to play...

bread's done
Back