GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in Fifa Street for the 360 and got $16.00 for it because I had a 50% trade in coupon.

Got:

Dragon Age: Origins

Fear

Fear 2

Kane and Lynch 2

Alpha Protocol

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09

All for $3.14 out of pocket :p

I'm pretty happy with my haul. I got two sets of 3 games and also grabbed two copies of Juiced 2 ($13.50 each after PU, trades in to Amazon for $21.38 each). So I spent $45 GS credit to get 6 games + $42.76 Amazon credit. I was kinda surprised I was able to get everything complete except for the Open Season game.

I'm pretty happy with my haul. I got two sets of 3 games and also grabbed two copies of Juiced 2 ($13.50 each after PU, trades in to Amazon for $21.38 each). So I spent $45 GS credit to get 6 games + $42.76 Amazon credit. I was kinda surprised I was able to get everything complete except for the Open Season game.
Stickers errrrwhere

I'm glad GameStop has the whole 7 day return/exchange policy on their used games. I found both FEAR and Operation Flashpoint horrible to play.

I think I'll just return them and stick to KZ2 and COD4...at least I know those play well

Yep, glad I've got my Goo Gone.

If you haven't picked up a bottle of that stuff from Target for a buck you're doing it all wrong.
I actually looked for some yesterday at Dollar Tree since people said they had some as well.

In what isle in Target/Walmart would I even find this? I have no idea what this stuff or the bottle look like but need to pick some up.

Lol was just about to say that. It took me forever to clean the games I would send to Amazon, and then I found Goo-Gone. Works wonders.

You are so lucky you found a complete Infinite Undiscovery. Mine didn't even have a double DVD holder. They jammed them in a paper envelope in the case. I can't understand how many people loose the cases or manuals. In all my years of gaming I've never lost even the warranty info cards from the old SNES games.

I actually looked for some yesterday at Dollar Tree since people said they had some as well.

In what isle in Target/Walmart would I even find this? I have no idea what this stuff or the bottle look like but need to pick some up.
I've never seen it at dollar tree myself. I found it in that red spot section at the entrance to Target where they have all the dollar merchandise. Take everything out of the case before using it because it likes to get under the plastic art cover and you'll want to wash it and let it dry afterwards. Also, while you can pour it on use a q-tip to apply it to the label and let it set for a few minutes before trying to remove it. Then if it doesn't come off clean it should just be a matter of wiping what's left with the q-tip then a paper towel. Here's what it looks like:

41Tx8UED3kL._SY300_.jpg

I've never seen it at dollar tree myself. I found it in that red spot section at the entrance to Target where they have all the dollar merchandise. Here's what it looks like:

41Tx8UED3kL._SY300_.jpg
Lol thanks. Will check target tomorrow. Would love some of this stuff. Good thing Target is only a minute away and I could check the clearance while im there. :D

mines actually a spray bottle for $3 from walmart :/

Then I realized they sell $1 bottles at HEB (supermarket)
Some people like the spray bottle better and it would be better than pouring it right on the case if you prefer that method. I like the q-tip way better so the dollar bottles are perfect.

HEB sales this too? Geezus Ill just get some when Im getting groceries tomorrow then. Lol.

Also want to check if I can find a Gamestop with Condemned, Eat Lead, and another Wanted for amazon.

Warning: Condemned 2 has a game breaking glitch that makes the sound not work until you patch. However, patching the game causes the ps3 to run out of memory and crash. Return that shit if you made the same mistake I did and didn't try the disks yet.
I encountered the patch crash bug for :ps3: Condemned 2 as well. The fix that worked for me was that when it prompts you to update, do not touch any buttons or even move the controller until after you hear "SEGA" in the background, at which point you can accept the patch. Don't move the controller while the patch is installing either. Apparently the game is simultaneously running in the background while you are on the patch screen which is what causes the problem.

Right after I bought my three games from Gamestop I went over to Wal-Mart (they're in the same shopping area) and looked all over for goo gone and finally found some. Cheapest bottle was like $4.95 but I bought it anyways. It was some huge spray bottle. I didn't see any that wasn't spray.

I just been untwisting the lid off and dipping q-tips in there. Works great all my stickers are gone. :)

They did have this one stuff for like $2 called 'Goof Off' has anyone ever used that?

Anyways I cleaned up about seven games and it doesn't even look like I used any of the bottle so I'll have it for some time.

I picked up:

Hawx 2

Alpha Protocol

Armored COre 4

Alpha Protocol was actually brand new and still in the plastic. They apparently just converted them to pre owned. I may go back tomorrow to see if there's anything else I want.

Forgot to say this morning, it worked in Arkansas..ended up with heavenly sword, drag age, and star wars for ps3..the clerk just gave me the list, and they announced it over the annoying speaker in the store hope that helps.

Think I might pick up The Darkness and FEAR 1&2 since I enjoyed FEAR 3 and Datkness 2 but never played the first ones.
Fear ( F3ar) is a lot different than 1&2, but they are still enjoyable. I am a pretty big fan of the series, just stay as far away as possible from Fear Files.

to get the full amazon credit, u need it complete right? with the insert and upc?

Right after I bought my three games from Gamestop I went over to Wal-Mart (they're in the same shopping area) and looked all over for goo gone and finally found some. Cheapest bottle was like $4.95 but I bought it anyways. It was some huge spray bottle. I didn't see any that wasn't spray.

I just been untwisting the lid off and dipping q-tips in there. Works great all my stickers are gone. :)

They did have this one stuff for like $2 called 'Goof Off' has anyone ever used that?

Anyways I cleaned up about seven games and it doesn't even look like I used any of the bottle so I'll have it for some time.
goof off is like a stronger version of goo gone. Its a bit harsher so you have to be more carefull on what you use it on but it seems to work better for some of the stuff goo gone has trouble with. It will melt some wrapping on sealed games though, so be careful about that. FUcked up a copy of front mission i had from TRU a while back

The same thing happened to me, I was lucky though I got all 9 games I wanted I just went to the counter with a list and she found them all for me. 90% of them werent on the shelf they were behind the counter. So just ask the employees if they have the games you want oh and they were all complete. :)
Right now the site won't let me reserve in store, though it was successful the first time. Must be having an issue? Keeps giving an error about unable to do this right now.
I was in the store during my lunch break today and found NG Sigma, but unable to find 2 other games. They were not advertising the sale so there were no bins or signs. I put the game back and went online and it says my store has Heavenly Sword, which I could not find at all today. So I reserved that. Also want to get Super Street Fighter IV, just to have I guess. Can't find any other games I haven't played.

Picked up these all for the 360 (All of them either complete or only missing the manual):

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Army of Two

Singularity

Bulletstorm

Infinite Undiscovery

The Last Remnant

Was hoping to get Bad Company 2 for the PS3 (to go with the original I have for PS3). Anyone willing to trade?

Well I was able to exchange Operation Flashpoint and FEAR just now. Ended up having to return all 3 games I got, then rebuy Riddick along with my new choices, KZ2 and COD4. Process was fairly simple.

But, initially , the cashier was very pessimistic saying "ehhhhh, I don't know if we can do that or not. Generally during these promos, our pre-owned policy doesnt count, but I guess I can try."

That's one thing GS needs to learn from other CS heavy companies...whether or not something can be done, you should at least go above and beyond to TRY to make the customer happy, or make it work for them. Usually GS reps are DOA...

Scrolled through a few pages and didn't see, is this available online as well? I added 3 to my cart but the total seems to me more than 10

If I bought 9 games and 2 were duplicates and not complete (found complete ones later at another store) can I return just those 2 or do I have to return them in sets of 3 each, since it's 3/$10? 

Great sale OP, to the backlog the games go!

Well I was able to exchange Operation Flashpoint and FEAR just now. Ended up having to return all 3 games I got, then rebuy Riddick along with my new choices, KZ2 and COD4. Process was fairly simple.

But, initially , the cashier was very pessimistic saying "ehhhhh, I don't know if we can do that or not. Generally during these promos, our pre-owned policy doesnt count, but I guess I can try."

That's one thing GS needs to learn from other CS heavy companies...whether or not something can be done, you should at least go above and beyond to TRY to make the customer happy, or make it work for them. Usually GS reps are DOA...
I'm so tired of getting crap like this at Gamestop.

Yesterday the girl wouldn't let me use a PUR coupon that I just wrote down, I had to pull up the coupon on my phone, which only showed the code anyway...

Then during the B1G1, I searched through the cases on display to find complete games, and what does the guy do? When he goes to get the games he swaps my case out for a shitty looking generic one and when I said I wanted the real case, he acted like I was being a douchebag was no longer friendly.

It's like these people care about their company but in the wrong way, 75% of the time they act like I'm trying to rip them off.

Your mileage may vary, but I would just show them the receipt and ask if they can exchange the copies because the ones you bought didn't have everything included. That's what I did when I bought Quake 4 and later found a copy with the bonus disc.

I'm so tired of getting crap like this at Gamestop.

Yesterday the girl wouldn't let me use a PUR coupon that I just wrote down, I had to pull up the coupon on my phone, which only showed the code anyway...

Then during the B1G1, I searched through the cases on display to find complete games, and what does the guy do? When he goes to get the games he swaps my case out for a shitty looking generic one and when I said I wanted the real case, he acted like I was being a douchebag was no longer friendly.

It's like these people care about their company but in the wrong way, 75% of the time they act like I'm trying to rip them off.
The used game policy you described is pretty frustrating these days. The employees are generally friendly, but I'm really picky about cases. I look through the 3 or 4 used cases on the shelf, and decide if I want to purchase if I find a case/booklet that is acceptable to me. Then they just throw it on the counter and take a new case from their drawer, often in much worse condition.

I understand the reasoning, but it sucks. Most of the cases behind the counter have the wrong price, so if I ask for the one I brought up, it makes more work for the employee to have to reprint a price sticker. I don't want to be a pain in the ass for them or other customers- there's usually a line because they have to spend so much time asking for preorders, warranties, subscriptions, etc, but all it does is make me not want to go to GS. At least before I could waste my own time finding a OCD case, and only have to worry about getting a decent non-GH disc. Now it's just a hassle for everyone, or I get something worse than I want, but just take it to not waste everyone's time.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and probably shouldn't need to be, but you should check the prices of the stuff you buy. I was about to get GRAW 2 in the promo but noticed it sells for $2.99 normally. So instead of paying $3 for it, I bought it by itself and only paid $2.69 for it. And then I just grabbed another $8.99 or $9.99 game to use with the 3/$10.

They should just give you the case just bring your receipt in and ask them for the case cause you got a generic one at the other store. I have done it a few times before and never had a pproblem doing it.
If I bought 9 games and 2 were duplicates and not complete (found complete ones later at another store) can I return just those 2 or do I have to return them in sets of 3 each, since it's 3/$10?

Great sale OP, to the backlog the games go!

picked up rainbow six vegas 2x2 for coop with my brother

rainbow six vegas 1 for him

infinite undiscovery, last remnant, and riddick on 360

everything is complete and one of the rbsv2 is the one with the extra disk

Well, I hit it again when I went to pick up my copy of Blacklist from my main store. I got

:360:

Bulletstorm

The Beatles Rock Band

The Bourne Conspiracy

Dead or Alive 4

Phantasy Star Universe

Prince of Persia TFS

Had one of the guys I didn't like before, but he was cool today. He swapped out my Bulletstorm case for another but other than that gave me all the ones I picked out. (The new Bulletstorm was in good condition too)

He even chatted with me about how The Bourne Conspiracy was a pretty good game.

The only sad thing is, out of 12 games, I was mainly looking for Condemned 2 but neither store had it. Oh and still no PayDay 2...

Well, I hit it again when I went to pick up my copy of Blacklist from my main store. I got

:360:

Bulletstorm

The Beatles Rock Band

The Bourne Conspiracy

Dead or Alive 4

Phantasy Star Universe

Prince of Persia TFS

Had one of the guys I didn't like before, but he was cool today. He swapped out my Bulletstorm case for another but other than that gave me all the ones I picked out. (The new Bulletstorm was in good condition too)

He even chatted with me about how The Bourne Conspiracy was a pretty good game.

The only sad thing is, out of 12 games, I was mainly looking for Condemned 2 but neither store had it. Oh and still no PayDay 2...
I managed to grab PayDay 2 today at a Target. I had to drive a little, but worth it. They got a shipment of 2 in from just about half-hour before.

I managed to grab PayDay 2 today at a Target. I had to drive a little, but worth it. They got a shipment of 2 in from just about half-hour before.
Yeah, I would look somewhere else but I have credit at Gamestop so I'll get it for free. And I have Splinter Cell to play now so no hurry

Picked up MW2, Bad Company 2, and Socom 4. For $10 I can't complain. Adding to that backlog. I won't be getting a PS4 for a while, or at least until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

I picked up The Darkness, Condemned: Criminal Beginnings, and Lego Indiana Jones. Thanks for the heads up. Kind of salty that Singularity and Alpha Protocol is on here since I bought them last week, but the games were great so I'm not complaining too much.

Went back and and picked up:

Condemned 2 (360) - swapped from PS3 version, missing manual - will exchange and get manual @ other GS

CoD: MW1 (PS3) - complete

CoD: MW2 (PS3) - shitty case, no manual, and scratched up blu-ray (wtf) - will exchange

Battlefield 1 (PS3) - complete but edges seem ruff - will exchange

Battlefield 2 (PS3) - complete

Quantum of Solace (PS3) - complete, wanted Halo 3 but no case and shitty disc

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - no case/art or manual - will exchange

Overall, looks like I have to swap 2 discs and get some manual/cases for 3. Luckily there are a ton of GS locally so I can exchange no problem. I am just surprised I it was hard to find complete versions of CoD: MW1 & MW2 & Halo 3. I am not surprised by the lack of cases, manuals or shitty discs but you go to GS alrady expecting that. However, once in a while you get some decent games for good prices from GS. If you expect getting pristine and complete games, I would suggest buying from somewhere else but if you treat the employees nice, some actually go the extra mile for you but YMMV.

Payday 2 is a game that if you play a little it will NOT sit in the backlog, it is available on the .com if anyone is not in a rush, and if you toss in $20 of anything else you can use the codes SAVER and GUST15 to make the total $45 shipped + tax. Or just go with PayDay 2 and use Gust 5.

Payday 2 is a game that if you play a little it will NOT sit in the backlog, it is available on the .com if anyone is not in a rush, and if you toss in $20 of anything else you can use the codes SAVER and GUST15 to make the total $45 shipped + tax. Or just go with PayDay 2 and use Gust 5.
Why does SAVER not work for the game? I tried it and it won't

Went back today and in the bin of games they had Killzone 3. Didn't think it was supposed to be in there but he let me have it for the price of kz2!

So I came out with:

MW1-mint/complete
SSFIV-complete, decent shape
KZ2-complete, ok shape
KZ3-mint, complete GH
Riddick-mint,complete (EFBB is easily the most underrated game of last gen)
NFS:Shift-mint, complete

I got the last complete MW1 and got MW2 case only last week. A lot of other stuff there is generic only cases

bread's done
Back