GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hit up another Gamestop and got Darkness and red faction complete. got the last Riddick but it had the fake case. unlike the first Gamestop the employee was a really cute girl who was very friendly and agreed with me wanting the good cases. Funny how easily one person can change the whole experience. she even printed out a whole list of every game in the store they had in stock that was included in the sale. at the first store the fat douche even lied about the games they had just so he didn't have to look for it. then he told me I was annoying him asking if they had games in stock.

same thing happens with other older games. i patched ghostbusters on the main screen while it was installing, some of the older games go straight into install and if you patch midway through it can totally mess it up and make it unplayable on that system. crazy.

Just got back and got a decent haul. 4 complete, 2 gamestop case with no manual but for $3 I can't really complain.

Fable III

Bourne

Bionic Commando

Armored Core 4

Alpha Protocol

Alone in the Dark

Wanted Golden Axe Beast Rider but they didn't have any copies.

Well I stopped at the store I hate and found a complete copy of Heavenly Sword, Brutal Legend and Lost Planet.  They had complete copies of NFS Shift and Red Faction Guerrilla but I passed on those since there wasn't a third game I could think of and have those on PC.  Now to return the incomplete Brutal Legend and Heavenly Sword since this was an unplanned stop.  Have to go past the one store that's not low stock on The Darkness tomorrow so hopefully they'll have a complete copy and I can be done with this sale.

hit up another Gamestop and got Darkness and red faction complete. got the last Riddick but it had the fake case. unlike the first Gamestop the employee was a really cute girl who was very friendly and agreed with me wanting the good cases. Funny how easily one person can change the whole experience. she even printed out a whole list of every game in the store they had in stock that was included in the sale. at the first store the fat douche even lied about the games they had just so he didn't have to look for it. then he told me I was annoying him asking if they had games in stock.
dude I just had the same thing happen to me just a different situation. I went into a GS to trade two Fifa 13 games for SR4 and the fat douche said we can't take two of the same games (I know this, I still tried anyway) but she did it with a attitude. I bought 3 games from the 3for10 just so I can destroy her on the survey (was going to get the games anyway). I then went to another GS and got a hot girl and she took the Fifa 13 games and didn't even say anything about it, I then bought 3 more games from 3for10. She will be getting nice compliments and all 10 scores on survey.

...? Working fine for me, use value shipping. GUST5 takes $5 off the game, and SAVER makes shipping free.
I can only use GUST5, it says SAVER is invalid, even if I try to use it by itself

Well not invalid, just says it can't be used with what's in my cart

dude I just had the same thing happen to me just a different situation. I went into a GS to trade two Fifa 13 games for SR4 and the fat douche said we can't take two of the same games (I know this, I still tried anyway) but she did it with a attitude. I bought 3 games from the 3for10 just so I can destroy her on the survey (was going to get the games anyway). I then went to another GS and got a hot girl and she took the Fifa 13 games and didn't even say anything about it, I then bought 3 more games from 3for10. She will be getting nice compliments and all 10 scores on survey.
So let me get this straight...you went in to try and trade in 2 games of the same and they wouldn't let you, so you're going to destroy her on a survey for doing her job? Then you get on here and brag about your $45 swag? Okay.

So let me get this straight...you went in to try and trade in 2 games of the same and they wouldn't let you, so you're going to destroy her on a survey for doing her job? Then you get on here and brag about your $45 swag? Okay.
He had one PS3 and one 360 by his earlier posts.

I got 12, I'll probably get some more
I can't find Condemned, Ninja Blade, or Tom Clancy Hawx. If I get those three games I'll be done with this sale. This was a great sale other than CoD4 I never played any of these games, so I don't understand why people are hating on this sale. YOU CAN'T BEAT $3 DOLLARS A GAME

calm down Debbie Downer, she had a attitude(did you read that part?). If she wasn't acting like a douchebag I wouldn't have to give her bad review on the survey. If you took that as bragging you're a retard, I was saying how many I picked up just like everyone else. If I picked up 3 I would posted that I got 3 so I am not bragging about anything.

I'm looking at my receipts though, the first day the games are priced at $3.33 and $3.34

Today they are at $3.00 and $3.01 and under it says the 3 for 10 promo and my PUR discount.

Did my PUR not get taken off the first day?

I'm looking at my receipts though, the first day the games are priced at $3.33 and $3.34

Today they are at $3.00 and $3.01 and under it says the 3 for 10 promo and my PUR discount.

Doesn't look like it. Mine worked yesterday but maybe it was a fluke or some other promo screwed it up like if you tried to use a playcation coupon at the same time as the trade two.

Doesn't look like it. Mine worked yesterday but maybe it was a fluke or some other promo screwed it up like if you tried to use a playcation coupon at the same time as the trade two.
Must be, oh well

I did use that coupon to trade in my Kinect and she scanned it twice for some reason, at the beginning and end.

But my Account is definitely on there though, so idk

calm down Debbie Downer, she had a attitude(did you read that part?). If she wasn't acting like a douchebag I wouldn't have to give her bad review on the survey. Where are you getting $45 dollars from? I was trying to get SR4 to keep so please go away
I did read that part, but you seem to have an attitude yourself. You don't have to give her a bad review anyway. They are already hard enough on those employees and who knows, she might have been having a bad day. If this was the second or third time it happened, I'd say go for it, but it doesn't appear that way.

I got $45 from the 15 games you posted, at $3 a pop. 15x3=45. It was more a jab at you because you seem like you're trying to be "hard" on here (forgive me on that one, shouldn't have done that).

But, I digress. Enjoy your games, good sir, and godspeed.

the first day the PUR worked, maybe they didn't scan the card the first time?

Its sad people are in here picking on people who are less fortunate. You know everyone in the world isn't rich at least he's buying games and not burning them like some people I know.

I bought condemned 1 & 2 for Xbox ( both the cases I grabbed were generic but, when I brought them to him I got full copies ). I also got heavenly sword and to my luck it was brand new. I forgot sigma was on sell so I might have to go back. Does anyone know of the origins disc will work with the ultimate edition? I have the ultimate edition but the disc I got has a circle scratch from my Xbox.

Must be, oh well

I did use that coupon to trade in my Kinect and she scanned it twice for some reason, at the beginning and end.

But my Account is definitely on there though, so idk
Did you just do the one transaction with the playcation coupon yesterday? Those seem to be the culprit screwing up PUR stuff.

Two things for this sale:

1. Most of the newer Gamestop stickers should come off with no problems and leave very little(if any) residue behind. But if they do, just use either the sticker itself or a piece of packing tape to get that leftover goop off the case. Just stick it on the residue and peel it off quick. It should eliminate the residue without having to resort to Goo Gone.

2. For anyone getting the generic coverart/case and no manuals, there's a replacement case thread in the Master Trade List section of CAG. It's located HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/148579-official-game-case-thread-missing-a-game-case-have-some-extra-cases-come-on-in/

Be warned though that the thread was started in 2008 apparently, so some of those lists may not be accurate.

I did read that part, but you seem to have an attitude yourself. You don't have to give her a bad review anyway. They are already hard enough on those employees and who knows, she might have been having a bad day. If this was the second or third time it happened, I'd say go for it, but it doesn't appear that way.

I got $45 from the 15 games you posted, at $3 a pop. 15x3=45. It was more a jab at you because you seem like you're trying to be "hard" on here (forgive me on that one, shouldn't have done that).

But, I digress. Enjoy your games, good sir, and godspeed.
She is always having attitude problems, I go there a lot. I even asked the GS employee across the street why she acts like that and she said that's just the way she is. I just hate that she never has a smile or even acts friendly.

I figured out the $45 before you replied but I wasn't bragging just stating what I picked up.

ENJOY YOUR GAMES TOO AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

I got my PS3 super later...not even a year ago kinda late. I fell out of gaming for years and fairly recently got back into it. 

I'm not sure if I should go to Gamestop or not. I have a pretty big backlog (Thanks PS+) and I might be putting all of my crap in storage soon. It is hard to say.

I need to stop moving across the country constantly....

Could someone convince me one way or another? I haven't played a ton of the older games, like Killzone, Dragon Age, COD (honestly I've only played one COD in my life) and ect.

But like I said, I might move again, so I might not play for a long time again.

Blerg. I feel like there are good games, especially since I haven't played most of them....idk.

I got my PS3 super later...not even a year ago kinda late. I fell out of gaming for years and fairly recently got back into it.

I'm not sure if I should go to Gamestop or not. I have a pretty big backlog (Thanks PS+) and I might be putting all of my crap in storage soon. It is hard to say.

I need to stop moving across the country constantly....

Could someone convince me one way or another? I haven't played a ton of the older games, like Killzone, Dragon Age, COD (honestly I've only played one COD in my life) and ect.

But like I said, I might move again, so I might not play for a long time again.

Blerg. I feel like there are good games, especially since I haven't played most of them....idk.
Well for $3 a piece there are definitely games worth playing. The three you listed are all near the top of the list for this generations essentials Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Chronicles of Riddick are also gems.

She is always having attitude problems, I go there a lot. I even asked the GS employee across the street why she acts like that and she said that's just the way she is. I just hate that she never has a smile or even acts friendly.

I figured out the $45 before you replied but I wasn't bragging just stating what I picked up.

Ah, there was a dbag who used to do that around me as well. Then when I tried to use a code I got on CAG he tried to take down my DL info and SSN and some stuff and put it in a big book, I kindly turned him down then went to the other GS where my buddy works and complained (he is the manager, the dbag is not). So I feel you on that one.

Also, I gotcha, you did get a good haul, esp the complete stuff.

Douchebag employees are the worst and GS ones are worse than any other store. One guy I know was the biggest douche ever. Tried to get pennied giudes from him. He was the manager so going over his head was not possible. After half an hour of arguing (worth it, as there was some really great ones available) he finally gave in, though not before he spoke to another customer who needed help. That customer asked what I was arguing about, to which he responded "Nothing. He's just some loser." Tried to get him fired, but this GS is really far, so I couldn't always go there to cancel preorders and give him poor reviews on the surverys. Turns out it didn't matter, since he got fired, or quit. for another reason anyway. Asked one day if he was working that day, because he was my "friend" and I needed to ask him something, and the guy there said he wasn't working there anymore. Asked why and he said he couldn't say. I figure, if he got promoted or transferred, they'd just tell me that. Serves the cur right.

Last edited:
nice I didn't know we could give reviews to the employees. that land derigible is getting some negative feedback tonight. for those who sell a lot of new games just change the cases of ur used Gamestop games to the new cases when u trade in. I love new cases with $3 games. :)

nice I didn't know we could give reviews to the employees. that land derigible is getting some negative feedback tonight. for those who sell a lot of new games just change the cases of ur used Gamestop games to the new cases when u trade in. I love new cases with $3 games. :)
Or be like Velo and have a whole wall of your house dedicated to empty game cases!

I've been to probably five different Gamestops in four different cities and I've never had issue with them, but I notice people on CAG really dislike them. IDK, their base prices aren't usually great but that's why I get most my games from pawn shops, and when they ask me if I want to pre-order anything its a quick "nah, no thanks" and the transaction moves on. Maybe Gamestops in Texas are just less pushy or something.

bread's done
Back