GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to probably five different Gamestops in four different cities and I've never had issue with them, but I notice people on CAG really dislike them. IDK, their base prices aren't usually great but that's why I get most my games from pawn shops, and when they ask me if I want to pre-order anything its a quick "nah, no thanks" and the transaction moves on. Maybe Gamestops in Texas are just less pushy or something.
It's more of a practices and general attitude of the employees thing. Each area has it's good stores and bad stores and really depends on the management.

Well for $3 a piece there are definitely games worth playing. The three you listed are all near the top of the list for this generations essentials Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Chronicles of Riddick are also gems.
Ha. Thanks. You replied to this and I decided to go. Got Dragon Age (heard good things), Riddick (been wanting to play Riddick since the first xbox), Ninja Gaiden (I remember liking the first and hard games are the best games), Killzone 2 (never played a Killzone), PoP (I love platformers) and Condemned (looked interesting) for about 19$.

I just said screw it, because I even if I might not play them, the deal is solid so I should go ahead.

I decided against COD, because I feel like once you play one, you have played them all. The gamestop employee agreed with that thought.

In any case, thanks man.

Ha. Thanks. You replied to this and I decided to go. Got Dragon Age (heard good things), Riddick (been wanting to play Riddick since the first xbox), Ninja Gaiden (I remember liking the first and hard games are the best games), Killzone 2 (never played a Killzone), PoP (I love platformers) and Condemned (looked interesting) for about 19$.

I just said screw it, because I even if I might not play them, the deal is solid so I should go ahead.

I decided against COD, because I feel like once you play one, you have played them all. The gamestop employee agreed with that thought.

In any case, thanks man.
No problem, think you made some pretty solid choices.

I've been to probably five different Gamestops in four different cities and I've never had issue with them, but I notice people on CAG really dislike them. IDK, their base prices aren't usually great but that's why I get most my games from pawn shops, and when they ask me if I want to pre-order anything its a quick "nah, no thanks" and the transaction moves on. Maybe Gamestops in Texas are just less pushy or something.
Same. The 4 Gamestops around me have generally likeable people.

Heading out to Gamestop tomorrow. Interested in F.E.A.R, F.E.A.R 2, Last Remnant, Dead or Alive 4, Riddick, and Ninja Gaiden. I hopefully I can get them complete.

Xbox 360. That's why I was happy I found it. PS3 is available everywhere. Xbox isn't.
Ive seen tons of copies for both systems :p. People in my area are most likely not interested in the game. Im holding out on it until I clear up a bunch of my backlog atm. I got so many games pre ordered for next month its gonna be hell. I preordered the Fifa 14 with the exclusive controller ( I play competitive ). Ive decided on waiting for Splinter Cell until black friday or when I get more cash. Im debating to get Killer is Dead to but, that might have to wait for blackfriday. So many games so little time lol.

Ive seen tons of copies for both systems :p. People in my area are most likely not interested in the game. Im holding out on it until I clear up a bunch of my backlog atm. I got so many games pre ordered for next month its gonna be hell. I preordered the Fifa 14 with the exclusive controller ( I play competitive ). Ive decided on waiting for Splinter Cell until black friday or when I get more cash. Im debating to get Killer is Dead to but, that might have to wait for blackfriday. So many games so little time lol.
Didn't know that there was one with a controller. Really weird that it looks like a 360 controller still on PS3.

Didn't know that there was one with a controller. Really weird that it looks like a 360 controller still on PS3.
Its a GameStop exclusive, it doesn't look the same for ps3 they haven't updated the controller. I figured I'd try it out that game has caused me to burn through a couple controllers on Xbox. So I'm hoping for the best

So to those who've played them, which of these should I try to kill through first?

Kill zone 2
Riddick
Sniper Elite V2

I leave for basic Oct 10th and want to try to knock out all these games I just got

Its a GameStop exclusive, it doesn't look the same for ps3 they haven't updated the controller. I figured I'd try it out that game has caused me to burn through a couple controllers on Xbox. So I'm hoping for the best
Well the pictures on the GS site have the same controller shape but with the sticks in the right place and buttons the right type.

I got

Operation Flash Point - generic case

Red Steel 2 - generic case

Guitar Hero 5 - complete.

Anybody know if this works online? I don't feel like going to gamestop 3 days in a row. I really just want Armored Core 4 and Call of Duty 4

red facion is solid if you wanna blow up tons of aliens and buildings, it was worth the 5$. ps3 owners stay away from the condemned 2 ps3 version as the port is one of the worst ports ive ever tried. not to mention the game is beyond horrid, forced myself to finish it

So to those who've played them, which of these should I try to kill through first?

Kill zone 2
Riddick
Sniper Elite V2

I leave for basic Oct 10th and want to try to knock out all these games I just got
Never tried sniper but Riddick is ridiculously good. Escape from butcher bay, dark Athena was just okay but both for $3 is great.

speaking of sniper elite 2 has anyone here beaten it ? i need a shooter to play now that im done with ni no kuni, gotta change up the pase after that 64 hour grind with ni no kuni

Anyone give me an idea on the quality of Heavenly Sword? Just a standard hack and slash? I'm okay if that's all it is.

Anyone give me an idea on the quality of Heavenly Sword? Just a standard hack and slash? I'm okay if that's all it is.
combat is deep in my opinion. you have three stances that have you do differint attacks. that means tons of combos to do. the stances are key for defense as well. for example

.if a enemy flashes blue dont hold down anything as its a auto block
.if a enemy flashes yellow you hold the heavy attack stance down
.if its red you cant block and you have to dodge
.ranged stance is used to deflect non explosive long range attacks

you have short range,, longe range and heavy attacks to mix it up with. you also have some brutal super moves for each stance to charge up. the graphics and story are amazing and i really hold this game close to me lol. hope this helps :)

red facion is solid if you wanna blow up tons of aliens and buildings, it was worth the 5$. ps3 owners stay away from the condemned 2 ps3 version as the port is one of the worst ports ive ever tried. not to mention the game is beyond horrid, forced myself to finish it
Sure it may have a game breaking bug on PS3 but it is not a BAD game (condemned series). Play it on 360 if anyone out there is looking to get this. I thought it was good. Of course this game came out in 2008 I believe so it may have aged. One of the scarier games out there next to Dead Space and maybe even the FEAR series.

I figure this is as good a place to ask as any; could anyone let me know what the birthday coupon is for this month? I haven't bought anything there in quite a while but I just found an old rarer game in stock at a local store so I'd like to use the coupon for it =)

Kill zone 2
Riddick
Sniper Elite V2

You didn't get Sniper Elite as part of this sale, right? I don't see it on the list.

well finally picked 3 games and tried to hold them at my local gamestop. kept getting errors. sorry for trying to give you money, gamestop

Picked up Dragon Age, Guitar Hero 5, and Infinite Undiscovery for 360. I have to go back tomorrow and see if they'll exchange the IU case, though. Not only is it the generic GS case, it's cracked in several places. I didn't realize it because I never saw it when they put it in the bag. Not sure why I'm telling you guys the whole story... But I got ice cream afterward.

I really like the cover art for Infinite Undiscovery, too.

combat is deep in my opinion. you have three stances that have you do differint attacks. that means tons of combos to do. the stances are key for defense as well. for example

.if a enemy flashes blue dont hold down anything as its a auto block
.if a enemy flashes yellow you hold the heavy attack stance down
.if its red you cant block and you have to dodge
.ranged stance is used to deflect non explosive long range attacks

you have short range,, longe range and heavy attacks to mix it up with. you also have some brutal super moves for each stance to charge up. the graphics and story are amazing and i really hold this game close to me lol. hope this helps :)
Thanks for the info, sounds like a great game for $3.33 :) I'll pick up a copy tomorrow while I'm in Fort Worth, maybe their store will have Little Big Planet as well. I'll go with either MW2 for old times sake or Dark Void for #3.

PS: I'm well aware the chances of them having even 2 out of these 3 are low, but hey, maybe I'll get lucky!

I don't get why people get all anal about cases and such.

Then again I don't really get collecting things.

#ifailathobbies

well finally picked 3 games and tried to hold them at my local gamestop. kept getting errors. sorry for trying to give you money, gamestop
You actually can hold multiple games, but you have to use different email addresses. I have three games on hold right now. Its annoying, but if you have multiple Bing accounts you can just put those to use.
Hopefully they actually have the games you want. My stores still say they have stock of games that I was told they didn't have and my holds were refused.
Damn you lucky bastard Pimpbot you found two full copies of Wanted. I couldn't even find one. Free games are the best :)

It's called Gamestop hates all their customers.

I love how people are buying all this garbage and bragging about and in the same breath saying the above.

How fair would it be to let people hold a ton of games then never show or someone who wants the game can't get it because some ass put it on hold along with 10 other games.

#ifailathobbies
Only time I really collect anything is when it doesn't have trade/sell value someplace that's above and beyond what I paid. Otherwise if that thing is getting $1 at GS or $2 at BB and I paid $5, I'll keep it. So if I'm keeping it I want it to look nice next to the rest of my games.

This only really applies to current gen stuff though. I've bought PS2 and Xbox games that were incomplete and going back any further than that I have to wonder if I was the only one who took care of my PS1/Genesis/etc era stuff because all I seem to find in those is game/cart only and beat to hell.

Last edited:
I love how people are buying all this garbage and bragging about and in the same breath saying the above.

How fair would it be to let people hold a ton of games then never show or someone who wants the game can't get it because some ass put it on hold along with 10 other games.
Well it's more about their website being broken and that they'll fix the things that let customers get deals but then don't fix things like the ability to cancel or change the shipping speed of an order through their website. Then when you contact them they tell you to use those features to do what you want.

It's not about GS in particular, most large corporations don't value their customers beyond the extent that they make them money. Insert BBY, Target, whoever and I'll say the same. Amazon is one of the notable exceptions and have created a new type of business that is actually customer service but they just happen to sell retail product.

#ifailathobbies
I've stopped collecting at least in principle (tell that to the 30-40 unplayed games I've acquired in the last three months) and when I beat something I move it for as much as I can. Otherwise it ends up like last generation where I scooped up every cheap Xbox game I could find, ended up with around 150 and shelves full of near worthless, unopened games and hundreds of dollars wasted.

That being said while things are on my shelf I prefer them to look nice still. While Gamestop might not care if you trade games disc only should you sell games on eBay or Half most people are going to want it complete if it doesn't cost them a noticeable amount more.

It would be abused big time. Can't imagine how the shelves would look if they allowed people to hold numerous games. Their counter would be packed with "maybe" sales and foot traffic would be furious. Same people complaining about lack of games held would be in this topic complaining about GameStop holding all the good games. They can't win.

It would be abused big time. Can't imagine how the shelves would look if they allowed people to hold numerous games. Their counter would be packed with "maybe" sales and foot traffic would be furious. Same people complaining about lack of games held would be in this topic complaining about GameStop holding all the good games. They can't win.
Regardless of what you think I doubt there are tons of people who have hold requests. I live in a college town and of course that means many gamers. My gamestop says I am one of the only ones who ever uses the hold feature. Even then she said the few that do have games held, only 25% actually pick up the game.

Regardless of what you think I doubt there are tons of people who have hold requests. I live in a college town and of course that means many gamers. My gamestop says I am one of the only ones who ever uses the hold feature. Even then she said the few that do have games held, only 25% actually pick up the game.

Thank you for provin my point with the 25% comment. Just another reason why they DON'T allow more than one.

Thank you for provin my point with the 25% comment. Just another reason why they DON'T allow more than one.
Yea im fine with the one limit. One time I went in looking for Heavy Rain when it was on sale and the last copy was on hold. Came back the next day and she sold it to me. Told me no one ever picked it up. At least when I use it I pick the game up.

Yea im fine with the one limit. One time I went in looking for Heavy Rain when it was on sale and the last copy was on hold. Came back the next day and she sold it to me. Told me no one ever picked it up. At least when I use it I pick the game up.
Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with them allowing only one hold. I think that's generally fair. It's their stupid broken website that doesn't tell you why the fuck it's throwing an error.

i think wat they need to incorporate is a buy to hold system. like bby. this hold and not pick up is bs for peopl who want to buy. its a win win for everyone. ill bring it up at a gamestop earnings call.

I forgot how Wanted WoF has a "Pussy" difficulty. That made me laugh when I played it in 09. Decent game for $3. Easy plat/1000GS as well.

bread's done
Back