Gamestop/EB Games -- B2 get 4 free DVDs

kenn

CAGiversary!
I was shopping for a game last night and I overheard two employees discussing an internal email. They were reading it from the monitor -- buy 2 used DVDs and get 4 free... It stacks with the edge card but not with the employee discount apparently. I don't have any more detail but someone that has ties to an employee or two needs to look it up...

the "buy 2 get 2 free" promotion currently applies to dvds/hds/and BRs. I don't think this promotion will be any different. time to stock up some blu-rays!

Good god...well, the more DVDs for free, the lower my standards will get. Not that I'm complaining ;)

And, btw, this should be in the DVD Deals forum.

The 25th? On a Monday? What the hell? What happened to starting sales on Sunday... when I actually have time?:lol:

BTW, wrong section. DVDs =/= games.

This is insanely stupid. Buy 2 get 4 free? Not that I'm complaining.
There's an EBgames with EVERY Southpark DVD set. This is the time to strike. BTW what is the percentage off for getting 4 for free?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']BTW what is the percentage off for getting 4 for free?[/QUOTE]

Well obviously it would depend on the price, but if they were all equal that would be a 66% discount.

[quote name='bobphone']Are they clearing out their DVD section or something?[/quote]

Yes, Gamestop is stopping sales of used dvds.

[quote name='JoMasta']Well obviously it would depend on the price, but if they were all equal that would be a 66% discount.[/QUOTE]
Of course. I've done a promo or two in my time before.

[quote name='jmillion']i seen some HDs @ one of my Gamestops. may have to get on this[/quote]

Same here, but I'll bet that the employees hoard them all.

Lol, we have the 10% off coupon and the Edge card ready. So it's buy 2 get 4 free and 20% off to boot...I like this, even if there are no Blu-Rays yet.

[quote name='Unickuta']Same here, but I'll bet that the employees hoard them all.[/quote]

The store I'm at is one of the biggest trade stores in the region and we BARELY get high def movies traded in, unless you count Spider Man 3. :/ In the past three or four months we've had maybe half a dozen high def movies traded in and only one or two were worth a damn. I wish we got good movies in so we could hoard them, haha.

Does this work for their MovieStop locations as well? A GameStop w/ a MovieStop right next door opened up near me in Landsdowne. I doubt it will, just wondering if anyone has a MovieStop nearby them has seen if it carries over to those locations as well

I can CONFIRM this as I HAVE read the e-mail.

This will work at select GS/EB stores, so this will be YMMV. My store was not selected, but the store down the road was. Stores not selected will still have buy 2 get 2 free. At the end(or start) of the sale the selected stores will no longer take DVDs in trade, however to my knowledge the stores not selected will still take trade ins on DVDs.

This promo is just like the B2G2 and WILL work on Blu-Ray, HD-DVDs, and seaons!

Edge Card IS stackable on this promotion, no other coupons, just EDGE will stack.

Equal or lesser value rules apply as always so you will be paying for the 2 highest priced DVDs.

I can CONFIRM this as I HAVE read the e-mail.

This will work at select GS/EB stores, so this will be YMMV. My store was not selected, but the store down the road was. Stores not selected will still have buy 2 get 2 free. At the end of the sale the selected stores will no longer take DVDs in trade, however to my knowledge the stores not selected will still take trade ins on DVDs.

This promo is just like the B2G2 and WILL work on Blu-Ray, HD-DVDs, and seaons!

Edge Card IS stackable on this promotion, no other coupons will stack, only EDGE.

Equal or lesser value rules apply as always so you will be paying for the 2 highest priced DVDs.

I heard this from a clerk that I talk to frequently; today was the last day to trade in DVDs for credit for his store at least, YMMV on this.

I hope my store has this deal, I'd probably end up leaving with 12 bluray movies (not that they will have that many).

[quote name='LinkTGF']anywhere with a list of selected stores?[/quote]

In my district only three stores out of about twenty were selected so it's pretty limited from what I understand.

[quote name='blackhole82']If it does work on Blu-ray and HD-DVD this will be sweet.[/quote]

Yes guys, it works on Blu-ray and HD-DVD, just like the B2G2 did. And the B2G1. And every other sale on movies.

without selected stores, this deal is a YMMV, especially if (as one person stated) 3 stores out of 20 were selected. Without a way to know which stores were chosen, you just gotta drive to 4 or 5 stores and hope one was selected.

i'll wait till its closer and see if a list materializes, but I dont think ima hunt down through all the GS/EB's the one store I can purchase 2for4 :( I'll check the one closest though, and hope im lucky, lol.

[quote name='MotzCTG'] My store was not selected, but the store down the road was. Stores not selected will still have buy 2 get 2 free. [/quote]

How do you know your store wasnt selected but one down the road was? You must know of the LIST!

Speak list man!

[quote name='G-Nitro']Does this work for their MovieStop locations as well? A GameStop w/ a MovieStop right next door opened up near me in Landsdowne. I doubt it will, just wondering if anyone has a MovieStop nearby them has seen if it carries over to those locations as well[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure MovieStop isn't going to clearance DVD's any time soon. Heck, they just stopped taking VHS a year ago.

[quote name='Lice']How do you know your store wasnt selected but one down the road was? You must know of the LIST!

Speak list man![/QUOTE]

Quite possible that the lists were only sent out on a district by district basis.

Anyway, looks to be a crowd since someone posted a heads up on both SD and FW.

I'd like a list too please. I have to work Monday, so I wont really have to worry about this if my local store isnt taking part of this deal. But I am really hoping they are, cause they have tons of dvds. At least 500, if not more.

Does anyone have a list of the stores this is going to happen at. Be much appreciated. I might seriously ask for work off that day if it happens at my store. Gotta be the first one in the store.

sounds like a sweet deal, gonna have to check out all the gamestops in my area, quite a few in a small area, thanks

[quote name='kicker_of_elves']The closet Gamestop's are a 40 min drive for me. Hopefully someone posts a list of stores thats doing that before i end up going wasting my time.[/quote]
You could always just call the closest store and ask if they have this deal and which movies they have.

My local store may run this but, honestly, the selection barely warrants the sale at this point. There are a few nice things left but otherwise it's mostly garbage that people don't want to buy, even for a couple of bucks.

Well, unless you just have to have those 3 copies of cry_wolf, 2 of Speed 2, and maybe wrap it all up with a healthy dose of Anacondas 2.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Went to my local Gamestop today and asked them about this sale and they laughed at me.........[/quote]

Bastards! I hope you did something about their standing magazine racks and lack of glitter.

bread's done
Back