Gamestop/EB Games -- B2 get 4 free DVDs

kenn

CAGiversary!
I was shopping for a game last night and I overheard two employees discussing an internal email. They were reading it from the monitor -- buy 2 used DVDs and get 4 free... It stacks with the edge card but not with the employee discount apparently. I don't have any more detail but someone that has ties to an employee or two needs to look it up...

Both my GS have this sale going on, and I dont know... I cant get myself to buy any dvd's. I am hooked on blu-ray, so I passed up the deal. I told my girlfriend about it because she doesnt care about format like I do. Will keep waiting for some more Amazon deals on blu-ray.

[quote name='unforeseen']If the return policy for used movies is the same for used games...how about buy the ones that you want and return them within 7days (hopefully by this time your GS will have the deal) to take advantage of the B2G4 free?[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to check any of the GS in our area?

Was planning to goto the one on Day St near Target and the Moreno Valley Mall tomorrow after class.

Well all mine in Lansing, MI that I think even still have dvds are still at B2G2. I think this is probably mostly just those clearing out stores that were already at B2G3 from awhile back. So the sale is of no use to me. Doesn't sound like a mass price decrease at all for most of the stores.

[quote name='Grico']Well all mine in Lansing, MI that I think even still have dvds are still at B2G2. I think this is probably mostly just those clearing out stores that were already at B2G3 from awhile back. So the sale is of no use to me. Doesn't sound like a mass price decrease at all for most of the stores.[/QUOTE]

Seems Michigan Gamestops just dont ant to participate in this deal. lol. I live between Bay City and Midland MI, and neither store is having the deal either.

If you're in Philadelphia the most of the Gamestops within the city limits are participating in the buy 2 get 4 sale. Sucks because the Gamestop I go to isn't that close to Philadelphia so they're not participating even though they have like 6 racks full of DVDs. Went out to the Academy Plaza Gamestop were they had one meager rack and picked up:

Sopranos Season 1
Six Feet Under Season 1
Grey's Anatomy Season 2
Da Ali G Show Season 1
Red vs Blue Season 3
plus 12 DVDs

They had Season 4 and 5 of Red vs. Blue, but they labeled them as "new". It's funny because they were the ONLY DVDs labeled that.

Total came out to 108 and change. Not too bad considering Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Grey's fetch that much new.

Was also going to snatch up The Shield 3, 4, and 5 and Millenium Season 1 and 2 but someone grabbed them while I was checking to see if I had the funds. Oh well, saved me 50 bucks I guess.

I will check mine tomorrow, They have several Anime Collections that i have been looking at but are pertty high priced. as many have said earlier, most of their DVD's are in sad shape.

Did they raise prices? Some DVD sets went up-- the Southparks 5-9 used to be 19.99, now they're 24.99. The LEs of Lord of the Rings used to be 12.99 and those went up to 19.99
Very strange.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did they raise prices? Some DVD sets went up 5 bucks[/quote]

Nothing new from GS. Seems like their new practice is to raise prices on items that have promotion attached to them. They did this with a number of used games during the rash of 25% in-store coupons they offered.

yeah, the gamestops around me arn't doing this either......

the guy I talked to said that It's only being done at the stores that is going to stop taking in DVD's soon.

[quote name='Cameronie']yeah, the gamestops around me arn't doing this either......

the guy I talked to said that It's only being done at the stores that is going to stop taking in DVD's soon.[/quote]

Two of the gamestops around me only still had the b2g2. The manager said that the only stores that would have a b2g4 would be ones that have a lot of dvds that corporate wants to get rid of.

[quote name='sasukekun']Did you happen to check any of the GS in our area?

Was planning to goto the one on Day St near Target and the Moreno Valley Mall tomorrow after class.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking for HD DVDs, Blu-Rays, or just pain old DVDs?

Buy 2 used DVD movies, Get 2 Free.

Expires: 3/16/2008. Free used DVDs must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers

Looks like B2G4 is YMMV.

[quote name='unforeseen']Are you looking for HD DVDs, Blu-Rays, or just pain old DVDs?[/QUOTE]

BluRay, and DVDs mostly. I forgot to check on my way back from class since I was pretty hungry, I'll try to check tomorrow after class.

Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up 12 for about $34 after Edge discount and tax. Lot included:

School For Scoundrels
The Weatherman
The Rundown
Jerry Seinfeld - Comedian
Summerslam 2001
Raw X
Harry Potter - PoA
Matchstick Men
Sicko
Dave Chappel Standup
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

I was happy with what I picked up. :)

[quote name='sasukekun']BluRay, and DVDs mostly. I forgot to check on my way back from class since I was pretty hungry, I'll try to check tomorrow after class.[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday looking for HD DVDs and Blu-Rays. Saw a stack of about 7 HD DVDs, went to buy six...thinking maybe it will ring up automatically...nope. Only B2G2F. Asked the manager if there had any Blu-Rays. He said no...ok, I believed him since there were no Blu-Ray cases. While the girl was fetching the HD DVDs, I asked her if there were Blu-Rays discs in the sleeves within the drawer she was looking in...sure enough they had about 7-8 Blu-Rays.

That fucking manager lied right to my face...probably hiding them for himself. I just told her to forget about it and left.

I always have problems with that GS about stacking weekend special coupons with my edge card...always saying one or the other. I can add lying to my face on top of that.

[quote name='unforeseen']I was there yesterday looking for HD DVDs and Blu-Rays. Saw a stack of about 7 HD DVDs, went to buy six...thinking maybe it will ring up automatically...nope. Only B2G2F. Asked the manager if there had any Blu-Rays. He said no...ok, I believed him since there were no Blu-Ray cases. While the girl was fetching the HD DVDs, I asked her if there were Blu-Rays discs in the sleeves within the drawer she was looking in...sure enough they had about 7-8 Blu-Rays.

That fucking manager lied right to my face...probably hiding them for himself. I just told her to forget about it and left.

I always have problems with that GS about stacking weekend special coupons with my edge card...always saying one or the other. I can add lying to my face on top of that.[/QUOTE]

That was the one near the Subway store in the Target Plaza?

Was going to check the one in the Moreno Valley mall and the one near the Super Walmart near Nason St. tomorrow. Hopefully wont forget this time.

I went today to the one in Trumbull CT , they have 3 gamestops , so the one downstairs is doing the b2g4free deal ... but they didn't have anything that catch my eye, not to mention the cases were all beat up so I couldn't just get some and trade them for the 45% at FYE....

[quote name='sasukekun']That was the one near the Subway store in the Target Plaza?

Was going to check the one in the Moreno Valley mall and the one near the Super Walmart near Nason St. tomorrow. Hopefully wont forget this time.[/QUOTE]

It was the one off of Day street in front of Target, next to Verizon. I did not notice a Subway nearby but I am oblivious to those things anyways. Good luck.

just tried a couple of stores in my area and the only one doing this sale are ones that are stopping carrying dvds. and a manger person told me the only real reason is that a moviestop is nearby so no luck in tyngsboro, ma or nashua and amherst, nh.

[quote name='unforeseen']It was the one off of Day street in front of Target, next to Verizon. I did not notice a Subway nearby but I am oblivious to those things anyways. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Went to the Riverside, CA store in the Michael's Plaza. It was B2G2 :cry:

(North) Oakland, CA GameStop @ Rockridge has the B2G4 deal.
I picked up Spiderman 1,2,3, Men of Honor, King Kong, and Borat earlier today.

I'm going to stop by the other local GS's to see if I can find any other good DVD's.

Oh man, no luck at the other stores. It's funny, three stores are doing it that are in a 5 mile radius. I've yet to hit the third one up. Hopefully there's some treats left there, but I got a decent stack of movies so I'm happy.

I tried two different stores. The second one has the B2G4 sale. It is the GS on Randall Road in Batavia, IL. I asked the manager there if any others were having the sale. She mentioned two or three others well away from the area where I shop. One was in Wheaton, I think.

I picked up 12 DVDs. Some actually rang up less than what they were tagged. So, double check the prices if you're trying to maximize the deal.

Bigdaddy, and everyone else wondering who's running the promo in your area, call your local store and ask.
I was in my local GS the other day and the manager was talking about the deal. I believe the only GS in the atlanta area doing the b2/g4 is in Sandy Springs. As I don't watch many dvds I wasn't too interested so I didn't ask for further details.
No matter where you are, the GameStops know that some of the stores are doing the sale, and they should know the details for their district. Granted, you may get a part-timer who has no clue what's going on, but if so ask for an acting manager and ask which stores in your district are doing the sale.

[quote name='guinaevere']Bigdaddy, and everyone else wondering who's running the promo in your area, call your local store and ask.
I was in my local GS the other day and the manager was talking about the deal. I believe the only GS in the atlanta area doing the b2/g4 is in Sandy Springs. As I don't watch many dvds I wasn't too interested so I didn't ask for further details.
No matter where you are, the GameStops know that some of the stores are doing the sale, and they should know the details for their district. Granted, you may get a part-timer who has no clue what's going on, but if so ask for an acting manager and ask which stores in your district are doing the sale.[/quote]

Yep, that's exactly what I did. 2 phone calls - The first call was to the one to the one nearest me that said they knew some stores around here were doing it but not which ones in particular. The second was to the other store I go to and the person told me that stores closer to Center City were doing it and named three of the top of his head. Took less than 3 minutes to make both calls, saved me a bunch of trouble.

[quote name='sasukekun']Moreno Valley East (Near the I60) GS is B2G2. Didnt get a chance to check out the Moreno Valley Mall yet, but will tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just call if you are really looking for the B2G4F deal? I would only go to buy/return/re-buy.

[quote name='unforeseen']Why don't you just call if you are really looking for the B2G4F deal? I would only go to buy/return/re-buy.[/QUOTE]

It's on my way back from school, plus I usually like to shop around those areas since they have a lot of stores near-by.

I'm going to check this out tomorrow, hoping for the best, but expecting nothing in terms of what they'll have.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Any NYC CAGers find this promotion running? Preferably Queens. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I live in Nassau county and they had this deal clearly posted in the smallest of the local Gamestops. I haven't checked the others yet. They really didn't have much to get excited about but I was mainly looking for HD DVD's for my new 360 add-on.......

Decided to go, so apparently it was listed as "buy 2 used DVDs get 2 free," and they didn't work on Blu-rays. They had such a horrible selection anyway, but my GameStop is horrible anyway.

I just figured out a way to take a great way to take advantage of this deal...

Bought 24 DVDs (mix of $3.99s, $4.99s) for $40 and some change at GameStop using my Edge card (They obviously had the B2G4)

I traded in ALL of them at MovieStop for their trade in four, get any new release or (RESERVE) for free!

6 New Releases for $40 - I upgraded my new releases to HD DVD / Blu ray and just paid the difference $5-10 per movie.

I went back and got the other two Lord of the Rings 4 disc boxsets I was missing, Everybody Hates Chris (one for me, another for a friend), Roseanne season 5, Hostel, Election, The Aviator, Canadian Bacon, and a couple of others I'm forgetting right now.
It's a solid deal they have going on, but only three stores in my area are doing the deal and I'm not going to buy from other stores and attempt to return and rebuy. Too much damn trouble. I may call Phoenix stores and try to figure out if any of the East Phoenix stores are doing the deal.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']I live in Nassau county and they had this deal clearly posted in the smallest of the local Gamestops. I haven't checked the others yet. They really didn't have much to get excited about but I was mainly looking for HD DVD's for my new 360 add-on.......[/QUOTE]oooh which location was that? I've only managed to check one spot in Nassau County so far (East Meadow on Hempstead Turnpike) and they just had the b2g2.

The GS by me (Plano,Il) had the promotion clearly marked as well last night B2G4. I'm so tempted to clean them out of the 8 HD-DVD's that they have left but the titles just aren't that great. Still, that would be about $34 for 6 HD-DVDs - can't beat that deal anywhere.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Went to the one in Flushing and Fresh Meadows in Queens NY... no b2g4. Anyone go to any Queens stores?[/quote]

I've been to all 3 in/near queens center mall...there selections were so terrible I didn't even bother asking about the sale.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I've been to all 3 in/near queens center mall...there selections were so terrible I didn't even bother asking about the sale.[/quote]

If the store has the sale going on it should be clearly advertised. The stores I went to having the sale had a signs on all the windows and about the DVD rack. Definitely couldn't miss it.

Found a location in Bayonne, NJ, near the Stop N Shop, that had the B2G4, but I had checked their stuff recently, and they didn't have any hi-def discs. Went to double check, and yep, there was nothing. Oh well. Might spend my money at DeepDiscount and get some of those cheap HD-DVDs.

I just found out that a X-Files Season 4 set I bought from gamestop in this deal was a pirated copy from china. It got pulled from ebay and now im pissed that gamestop was selling pirated crap.

What can I do?

bread's done
Back