Gamestop Preorder Bonuses Thread - Updated 5/23 - UPDDATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
The following will be a constant effort at providing the lastest Gamestop Preorder Bonuses for all you faithful CAGs. When it comes time to choose where to buy your latest game, it's always good to know if Gamestop has an incentive for you. So, here goes.

Preorder bonuses are usually available for pick-up at the time you pick up your reserved game from Gamestop. For online orders, the bonus ships with the game. Exceptions will be noted. In the case of games released previously to the current date, supplies are as available. Some bonuses are only available for specific platforms.

Newest Updates

Multi-Platform Offers

Batman: Arkham Asylum (All Editions)
Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
MSRP: $49.99-$99.99
Release Date: 9/1/09
Reserve Batman: Arkham Asylum and receive a GameStop Exclusive in-game Villain Challenge Map.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Batman: Arkham Asylum

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Platforms: 360, PS3
MSRP: $59.99
Release Date: 12/31/09
BFBC2_bonus.jpg

Reserve Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get instant access to the UMP machine gun for multiplayer action.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...matchallpartial&Ntt=Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fight Night Round 4
Platform: 360, PS3
Release Date: 6/29/09
Reserve Fight Night Round 4 and receive exclusive 2 week early access to the Fight Night Round 4 Demo. GameStop exclusive early access will begin 2 weeks prior to the demo's release in early summer 2009.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...mode+matchallpartial&Ntt= Fight Night Round 4

Fuel
Platform: 360, PS3, PC
MSRP: $39.99-$59.99
Release Date: 6/2/09
FUEL_bonus.jpg

Reserve Fuel and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game Warrior vehicle.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=fuel

Ghostbusters
Platform: Wii, DS, 360, PS3, PS2, PC
MSRP: $29.99-$59.99
Release Date: 6/16/09
Ghostbusters_shirt_bonus.jpg

Reserve Ghostbusters and receive a GameStop exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ord&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Ghostbusters

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Platform: Wii, DS, PSP, PS2
MSRP: $29.99-$49.99
Release Date: 6/9/09
staff_bonus.jpg

Reserve Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and receive a free mini strategy guide.
Wii Bonus Only: Purchase this title and receive an e-Movie Cash coupon code good for one free movie ticket. E-Movie Cash tickets are good for one movie admission up to $10.00 to any movie at any participating e-Movie Cash theatre.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=indiana jones staff

Need for Speed: Shift
Release Date: 9/22/09
MSRP: $49.99-$59.99
When you pre-order the game at GameStop, you will get exclusive access to the Need for Speed SHIFT Hero Car.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Need for Speed: Shift

Prototype
MSRP: $49.99-$59.99
Prototype_bonus.jpg
Proto_bonus.jpg

the GameStop exclusive Critical Hints Map with Biohazard Tube container and Alex Mercer figurine.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...eyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Prototype

Red Faction: Guerrilla
Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
RFG_Handbook_bonus.jpg

Reserve Red Faction: Guerrilla and receive a Guerrilla Handbook containing:

• 128 pages of story details, tips, tricks, cheats and art including a 28 page comic book exclusive.
  • Four Wrecking Crew Maps: Compete against your friends to cause the most destruction with these exclusive unlockable Wrecking Crew party-game maps..
  • Two Bonus Coupons for $5 off the Official Strategy Guide and $10 off a Microsoft Xbox 360 Live Wireless Headset.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=red faction guerrilla

Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 10
Platforms: Wii, 360, PS3
Release Date: 6/8/09
Wii Preorder Bonus: Reserve Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and receive a Wii Remote Controller skin that resembles a golf club grip.
360/PS3 Bonus: Reserve Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and receive a code to unlock the golf course Spyglass Hill.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...e+matchallpartial&Ntt=Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10

UP
Platforms: Wii, 360, PS3, PS2
MSRP: $19.99-$39.99
Release Date: 5/26/09
Reserve UP and receive a voucher for a free ticket to the movie UP. Valid for up to $7.50 towards one admission. Valid 5/29/09 to 7/15/09.http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=up

Nintendo Wii

Little King's Story
MSRP: $49.99
Release Date: 7/21/09
Onii_bonus.jpg

Reserve The Little King's Story and receive an Onii Stress Doll.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72037

Nintendo DS

Knights in the Nightmare
MSRP: $34.99
Release Date: 6/2/09
180961_bonus.jpg

Reserve Knights in the Nightmare and receive a 100 page, full color art book entitled: Knights in the Nightmare: Tome of Lost Souls. Reservations will also include a limited edition CD soundtrack.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73957

XBox 360

No console-specific offers at this time. See Multi-Platform offers.

Playstation 3

Infamous
Release Date: 7/1/09
Gigawatt_Blades.jpg

Reserve inFAMOUS and receive a code that unlocks the GameStop exclusive Gigawatt Blades Power. With electric blades extending from his wrists, a single blow annihilates any foe and transforms Cole's hands into instruments of sheer destruction. Yet still gentle enough to allow for the occasional tickling.
Additional Bonus: Purchase inFAMOUS and receive a Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta voucher.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71713

PS2

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
MSRP: $39.99
Release Date: 5/12/09
devilsaga_bonus.jpg

Reserve Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 and receive a rare limited edition “Raiho” plushie.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-L3dcpf1dTOdTZGI.XJE4Cg

PSP

PC

Bionic Commando
Platform: PC
MSRP: $39.99
Release Date: 7/28/09
Bionic_Commando_bonusLG.jpg

Reserve Bionic Commando and receive a GameStop Exclusive Bionic Commando Collectors Patch Set.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=bionic commando

Dragon Age Origins

MSRP: $49.99
Release Date: 11/3/09
647500_bonus.jpg

Reserve Dragon Age Origins and receive: The Memory Ring - An in-game item that allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and therefore level up more efficiently; and The Memory Band - Made by the Formari, these lyrium-infused rings are supposed to help apprentices retain their lessons.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72850

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cycophuk']I have. You can't download the game until the 13th though.[/quote]

how long ago did you get the code? just trying to figure out if i should call the customer service yet or not...

[quote name='bob330i']At GS last night, one of them (I have 5 within 5 miles of me) had the sign up for Little Big Planet. The promo was the Kratos/Heavenly Sword chick costumes for Sackboy/girl. The sign said it was a GS exclusive.[/quote]

What with the different rumors around the thread about different preorder bonuses for Little Big Planet, I don't want to post anything until Gamestop.com official confirms the bonus. This is just due to the fact I don't want to post something before folks can get in on a preorder, or before I have proof by link, so to speak, of the bonus being confirmed.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Great thread!

Under GS's description for Valkyria Chronicles, it says that the art book will come with the copy of the game. If this is true, then what's the point of pre-ordering?[/quote]

A lot of the giveaways say that. I believe it's Gamestop's way of saying how you get the bonus. That is, some bonuses are codes or some such that you have to redeem one way or the other. I seriously doubt so many games are coming with art books bundled in, as that's not common practice.

[quote name='Link927']Sounds good, I've just had too many problems in store, I wish I took advantage of the free overnight shipping offer a few weeks ago, but I guess I'll wait to see if any other offers pop up.[/quote]

I'm still mad that I missed out on that free overnight shipping on Mirror's Edge. I hope they at least do some kind of shipping deal on it before it comes out. I really don't want to wait on the value shipping time before I get the game (and bag).

If runner's bag is going to come in then I would assume it would be upon the game's arrival like it usually is at Gamestop...

At my local BB we got in pre-order disc cases for Fallout 3 that comes with a Nuka Cola bottle opener (in the shape of a Nuka Cola bottle) and a $5 off coupon for the strat guide.

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm still mad that I missed out on that free overnight shipping on Mirror's Edge. I hope they at least do some kind of shipping deal on it before it comes out. I really don't want to wait on the value shipping time before I get the game (and bag).[/quote]

I was really wondering why they were offering it so early, but I do hope it comes back up, even 2 day ship would be fine for me.

[quote name='Dunvane']At my local BB we got in pre-order disc cases for Fallout 3 that comes with a Nuka Cola bottle opener (in the shape of a Nuka Cola bottle) and a $5 off coupon for the strat guide.[/QUOTE]aw man, I was just near Best Buy at the gamestop preordering Fable 2(near the area). I KNEW I SHOULDA POPPED IN.

Damn, Best Buy is like 25 minutes away from me and I do not want to waste any gas going over there.

Anyways, anybody have the mirrors edge bag or is it a pick up when game release thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: having CheapyD post here is like having Drew Carey come to your party in the Sims House Party expansion.

Awesome thread.

By the way, I went by a local Gamestop today and they stated that they would not get the Fallout CD & poster until the game comes in. Is this correct or should I wait until I find a store that alread has stock on it?

And can anyone give the details what's on the cd and how long is it? I was pretty disappointed in the GTAIV soundtrack and was just curious for more details on this one.

[quote name='robbrism']Awesome thread.

By the way, I went by a local Gamestop today and they stated that they would not get the Fallout CD & poster until the game comes in. Is this correct or should I wait until I find a store that alread has stock on it?

And can anyone give the details what's on the cd and how long is it? I was pretty disappointed in the GTAIV soundtrack and was just curious for more details on this one.[/quote]
Sure, I've got the CD right here. It looks really cool; like an old LP. Here's the tracklist:

1) Don't Want to Set the World on Fire - The Ink Spots'
2) Way Back Home - Bob Crosby
3) Butcher Pete (Part 1) - Roy Brown
4) Fallout 3 Soundtrack - Main Title
5) Fallout 3 Soundtrack - Megaton

The first three tracks are old-timey music, like they always have during the intro of Fallout game. You can listen to the last two tracks on the Fallout 3 website

They had a bunch of the pre-order bonus behind the counter, at my EB, so I know some of them already have it, and you don't need to wait for the game.

The poster is one-sided, 12"x24" portrait picture, that looks like the coover-art,
fallout3xbox3602.jpg
except the fallout logo at the top is a little different.

Cool. Thanks for the details Kabukistar. One other questions since you have it...just curious as to the length of the total cd time-wise. Thanks again. Guess I will have to check out another GS.

You should be able to pick up the Fallout 3 bonuses asap, I got it nearly 2 months ago at least.. an update on getting the LPB Kratos voucher would be great.. I may just go in tomorrow and ask or call later.

Is there anyway to get the Kratos Sackboy without fully purchasing the game? I don't have a PS3 yet and am afraid I won't be able to get my hands on one later.

TNA Impact: The Videogam (all versions) has a DVD with 90-minutes of footage from TNA Wrestling (different matches I assume) w/pre order of the game. I was told the DVD was given at pickup.

[quote name='Dunvane']At my local BB we got in pre-order disc cases for Fallout 3 that comes with a Nuka Cola bottle opener (in the shape of a Nuka Cola bottle) and a $5 off coupon for the strat guide.[/quote]

Although this should be in its own thread, someone please remind me how Best Buy preorders work. I remember for MGS 4 they made you "pay" for the MGS Saga 2.0 DVD, but people worked around that to get just the DVD. Best Buy cancels your preorder and refunds the $5 when you don't come in for the pick up, right?

Online it says the coupon is for only $2 off, BTW.

I had already pre ordered Rock Band 2 before I knew about the T-Shirt deal. Hopefully when the game comes in my GS won't dick me around and say they're all out of them!

Thanks to the OP... I had no idea about the Pub Games bonus until I saw this thread.

I ended up pre-ordering the limited edition... I hope it's sufficiently cool to warrant the extra $ :p

Updated with preorder bonuses for Mushroom Men Wii and DS. Also LittleBig Planet & TNA Impact. Added Newest Updates section to make finding the latest deals easier.

Any word on the mushroom men figure? Is it a pick up at release thing? I called the gamestop and the guy was like "wtf are you talking about there is no game with that title"

now if i pre-order online and choose to pickup in-store how do i recieve my pre-order bonus? or do i even get one? cause i'm thinking about pre-ordering mirror's edge if they still have the bags but would they ship me the bag or am i shit out of luck?

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']now if i pre-order online and choose to pickup in-store how do i recieve my pre-order bonus? or do i even get one? cause i'm thinking about pre-ordering mirror's edge if they still have the bags but would they ship me the bag or am i shit out of luck?[/quote]

If you preorder online with in-store pickup, I can't imagine you would be shipped the bag but would receive it from the store. If you can stand to wait a few days for the game, you would probably be better off ordering the game online to have a better chance of getting the preorder bonus.

Fallout 3, LBP, and S9onic Cronicals bonuses are probobaly worth it cause theyre most definatly gonna be must-buys[well, theres a little maybe on the dark brotherhood but with Bioware on the job, its in good hands]

[quote name='zedarkness']Fallout 3, LBP, and S9onic Cronicals bonuses are probobaly worth it cause theyre most definatly gonna be must-buys[well, theres a little maybe on the dark brotherhood but with Bioware on the job, its in good hands][/quote]

One would assume that because Bioware is being allowed to tinker at the Sonic franchise that Dark Brotherhood would indeed be quality. However, all the previews I've read of the game in various gaming magazines describe the interface as slow. Although all the previews claim their impressions are early, they all claim the game needs more, that it doesn't nessessarily capture Sonic.

In some ways, I'm surprised that Sonic hasn't been able to transition as well as Mario did, when game mascots made the leap from 2D to 3D. A lot can be blamed on the developers, what with lackluster voice acting and weakly storied plots. And because Sonic relies on only one element for success -- speed -- that limits his potential. Mario, and other franchises, succeeded in 3D because of the element of exploration and characterization, allowing the player to feel like they're part of an open world. Sonic can't capture that as easily because his franchise has always relied on the hedgehog blazing through environments. I've always felt that Sonic would open up to me if the environments were huge, and Sonic could take the time to explore, in 3D, a massive gameworld. Not barreling through the universe, but taking the time to intricately explore the environment.

Went and pre-ordered SOCOM Confrontation today and picked up the beta code. Apparently, you can use the code to get in on the beta, then give it to two friends to get into it as well. That's pretty rad.

The Call of Duty M1A1 is a little annoying.

If i dont pre-order at GS then i dont get that gun. and that gun could be better than other guns.

But GS is by no means the closest store to me that sells PC games...

If it's anything like R6V2 then the code just unlocks the weapon when you start, instead of having to unlock it by getting x XP

If I pre-order a game at the store, in this case Mercenaries 2, will they hold it and still give me a gift anytime I choose to pick it up? What's the maximum holding period where they will still give me the gifts?

[quote name='khloudstrife']If I pre-order a game at the store, in this case Mercenaries 2, will they hold it and still give me a gift anytime I choose to pick it up? What's the maximum holding period where they will still give me the gifts?[/quote]

I don't think there's really any guarantee.... they're pretty much just first come first serve from what I can tell.

So are people having luck getting the bags for Mirror's Edge at Gamestops right now? Do any of them actually have the bags yet?

I was able to go to a different GS and get the Fallout CD. Very cool bonus.

Are the gifts still offered anytime I decide to pre-order? I ask this because the bonus pre-order notification for Mercs 2 was taken off the Gamestop site. So would I still get the gifts anytime I preorder before the release of the game?

Would it be wise to pre-order a game even if the store has not received information on the exclusive yet? I went to my local GS yesterday and they didn't have any information on the Saints Row exclusive in-game content (UFO, Bike). If I where to pre-order the game now would I still receive the bonus? Or would I have to wait until they have the information so they could put me on some sort of list? I'm sorry I'm a little new to pre-ordering with bonus incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back