GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
BC hasn't been that bad. But once I popped in Dead Space and started that last night. I dont think I'll be going back to BC for a while. It just felt so damn average the whole time. If the guns didn't feel like pellet guns, it might be more enjoyable.

I picked up Prince of Persia for the PS3 today. I was looking for a new copy, but they only had it used. Oh well, I'll take the extra buck off.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You have until August, but good luck finding anything now.[/QUOTE]

Every store near me still has loads of all of the games on this list.

GS didn't drop them to $20 because they have limited stock, after all.. they have *plenty* of these to go around.

[quote name='AC2k8']I was wondering about MLB 2k9? Does anyone have some solid opinions about the game?[/QUOTE]

No, there really aren't any unfortunately. I bought a PS3 just so I can play baseball this year.

yeah I went and ended up picking up bionic commando the gamestop near me had atleast 3 copies left of that game when I went to go pick it up and that's kind of one of the more sought out games from this sale so I can only immagine that they got plenty of the other games. but I think I'll go back next week when the B2G1 Free sale is going on

[quote name='RollingSkull']

They're hacks. They should for the rest of their days just be go-to guys for "direct to rental" quality movie games and not much else.[/QUOTE]

When the company decides to do away with the ability to change the level difficulty during the story, forcing people to play through twice if they missed a single bonus token, etc. You know that they really need to spend more time in the thinking chair. I honestly don't mind it, but I'm finding it to be more frustrating than fun. Bionic difficulty is pretty ridiculous... and now i have to restart and dont really feel like doing so.

All 5 of my PS3 games shipped today. 4 shipped early today and BC shipped at the end of the day ... both shipments are due via UPS on Monday.

[quote name='AC2k8']I was wondering about MLB 2k9? Does anyone have some solid opinions about the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rdogg1026']No, there really aren't any unfortunately. I bought a PS3 just so I can play baseball this year.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I got a really, really good deal on a copy around release, so I threw caution to the wind. I still try to play it every once and awhile, but...well...it just ain't doing it for me. 2K should really be ashamed of how little they have done with the MLB 3rd-party exclusive license.

Is there a certain day of the week that trade-in values at Gamestop get adjusted. BC(360) still trade-ins for $18.50 and I would like to get through it in the next couple of days to trade-in towards NCAA.

[quote name='dyeknom']When the company decides to do away with the ability to change the level difficulty during the story, forcing people to play through twice if they missed a single bonus token, etc. You know that they really need to spend more time in the thinking chair. I honestly don't mind it, but I'm finding it to be more frustrating than fun. Bionic difficulty is pretty ridiculous... and now i have to restart and dont really feel like doing so.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be so bad if their implementation of regenerating health wasn't so utterly brain dead as well. Since you can take two hits before dying if you're lucky, after one hit, you have to break away from the fight and swing around like a jackass for thirty seconds. It completely ruins the flow of the game's combat and makes the "difficulty" of the game a cruel joke.

just picked up prince of persia and bionic commando for 360. Was waiting for prince of persia to drop and i got bionic commando on a whim. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

OT:
Does GS do price-adjustments?
I just noticed that Red Faction is selling for $50 this week.
I did my FN4 exchange last week (7/01) for Red Faction (using up $60 plus tax in credit). Would I be able to go in and get back a $10 credit w/o hassle, or am I asking too much. If so, I plan on using it while in-store towards PoP.
Thanks

maybe this has been mentioned all ready, but how can i pricematch this at best buy? (PM me an answer please, I probably wont be able to find it in here)

is BC that good? I watched youtube video of the gameplay and the guns don't seem to have any kick and it makes me think the gameplay is blah... opinions? I'm on the fence.

Picked up Bionic Commando and Mirrors Edge for PS3 for $40. PM works at BB but YMMV, they called the Local EB for me and confirmed to have in stock and at that price.

[quote name='hotrocks']maybe this has been mentioned all ready, but how can i pricematch this at best buy? (PM me an answer please, I probably wont be able to find it in here)[/QUOTE]

I would print out the EB web ad, walk in there, and have a local EB/Gamestop number handy because they probably will call to check considering they have BC @ $59.99

[quote name='dino88']OT:
Does GS do price-adjustments?
I just noticed that Red Faction is selling for $50 this week.
I did my FN4 exchange last week (7/01) for Red Faction (using up $60 plus tax in credit). Would I be able to go in and get back a $10 credit w/o hassle, or am I asking too much. If so, I plan on using it while in-store towards PoP.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here is exactly what the GS employee told me when I did a price adjustment on Bionic Commando from $60 down to $20 (had bought it three days prior).

Officially, Gamestop has no stance on price adjustments, however the return policies are 7 days used, 30 days new. The employee told me that even if he refused the price adjustment, nothing stops me from returning the game altogether since I am still within the return policy, so it's in everyone's benefit that he just goes ahead and does a return and a rebuy.

Apparently, Gamestop has no way to simply refund a portion of what you paid, so they use some kind of trickery to return it and resell it to you at the lowest price. I used credit as well, and was able to get $40 + back on my Edge card with no problems.

It seems like it's just YMMV on the employee.. get a real dick employee and he'll refuse it, but chances are they won't if you explain it to them.

I've been buying Bionic Commando and trading it into BBV without trying it out. However, I held onto a 360 copy today and played it a bit tonight. Man, the main character is awful. Gameplay is pretty interesting, though. I like that's it's difficult to wield the bionic arm. It doesn't feel like a cheap add on, but a high-tech piece of gear.

Alot of people complain about how weak the gun is (myself included, even though I have only played the demo, and have the game sitting next to me right now) but I think Grin made the fun so weak sounding and feeling for the retro aspect.

It may be my bad, 22 yr old ears, but the gun sounds very similar to the gun in BC rearmed, which is the remake (obviously) of the NES. So I feel that the weak gun was intentionally made that way.

I bought a "new" game that wasn't shrink wrapped but it also didn't have that round clear sticker on the spine. It does have the "new" sticker on front. Any chance I can return it for full refund?

Okay, after using Gamestop's website to make a purchase, I noticed on my bank account that I was charged two more times for purchases I didn't make. It even says on my account on Gamestop's website that I made only one $24.99 purchase. These two extra charges have caused me to overdraw my account and now I've got a $35 overdraft fee! What the fuck?!?!

[quote name='dchrisd']I bought a "new" game that wasn't shrink wrapped but it also didn't have that round clear sticker on the spine. It does have the "new" sticker on front. Any chance I can return it for full refund?[/QUOTE]

This has been asked about 100 times they usually seal it in an evelope or put a sticker outside the seal the case. If it remains that way your good to return it.

[quote name='meatwad3000']Is Dead Space a part of this sale ? if it is I may have to go back later this week and pick up a copy[/QUOTE]

Dead Space for $20 is at Game Crazy.

caopi, may I ask how you flipped them all to walmart without a receipt. I know you are allotted a few returns a year without receipts, but what did they say when you brought 10 in to the store?

[quote name='au7oma7ic']caopi, may I ask how you flipped them all to walmart without a receipt. I know you are allotted a few returns a year without receipts, but what did they say when you brought 10 in to the store?[/QUOTE]
caopi was just kidding. A veteran CAG of his virtue should know better that such a return fraud is frown upon here.

Thanks Roufuss. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. I'll definitely avoid one GS in particular (they take their job way too seriously there).
[quote name='Roufuss']Here is exactly what the GS employee told me when I did a price adjustment on Bionic Commando from $60 down to $20 (had bought it three days prior).

Officially, Gamestop has no stance on price adjustments, however the return policies are 7 days used, 30 days new. The employee told me that even if he refused the price adjustment, nothing stops me from returning the game altogether since I am still within the return policy, so it's in everyone's benefit that he just goes ahead and does a return and a rebuy.

Apparently, Gamestop has no way to simply refund a portion of what you paid, so they use some kind of trickery to return it and resell it to you at the lowest price. I used credit as well, and was able to get $40 + back on my Edge card with no problems.

It seems like it's just YMMV on the employee.. get a real dick employee and he'll refuse it, but chances are they won't if you explain it to them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='au7oma7ic']Alot of people complain about how weak the gun is (myself included, even though I have only played the demo, and have the game sitting next to me right now) but I think Grin made the fun so weak sounding and feeling for the retro aspect.

It may be my bad, 22 yr old ears, but the gun sounds very similar to the gun in BC rearmed, which is the remake (obviously) of the NES. So I feel that the weak gun was intentionally made that way.[/QUOTE]

Ahh another "pea shooter" comment. After awhile in the game you'll probably won't use that gun on grunts anymore. Its so much fun to kite and throw them at another grunt or shoot'em up :D

[quote name='playing mantis']Does Gamestop have sales flyers we can take to get price matches at other stores (Best Buy), or can we print the GS ad from the web?[/QUOTE]

I tried PM at bestbuy before and had a gamestop ad there complains were that GS's is not one of their competitors :bomb: I never had luck with an online ad but if you could have them call a local GS with an online printout that may help

Also most of these times I never see the flyers in store, they are usually e-mailed to you

[quote name='CaoPi']I tried PM at bestbuy before and had a gamestop ad there complains were that GS's is not one of their competitors :bomb: I never had luck with an online ad but if you could have them call a local GS with an online printout that may help

Also most of these times I never see the flyers in store, they are usually e-mailed to you[/QUOTE]

That sucks man, the BestBuy I went to had no problem price match gamestop.

[quote name='ddp72984']does anyone know if the prince of persia limited edtion is 20 as well? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah the LE is also $20

[quote name='Hostile']What condition does Gamestop's used games come in as if you order them online?[/QUOTE]

I've had some with broken cases, and some in great condition. You really take a chance ordering online since they are also probably coming from their refurb warehouse especially if it's an older game. My discs have all worked, but there are varying results. Manual and cover art are hit and miss also, but I've been lucky.

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']Okay, after using Gamestop's website to make a purchase, I noticed on my bank account that I was charged two more times for purchases I didn't make. It even says on my account on Gamestop's website that I made only one $24.99 purchase. These two extra charges have caused me to overdraw my account and now I've got a $35 overdraft fee! [/QUOTE]

That's happened to me before when I was in high school. If you get the charges refunded and then call your bank, credit card company, etc. and tell them the vendor made a mistake and wasn't supposed to charge you, as evidenced by them refunding their charges, they might go ahead and remove the $35 overdraft charge. That's what I did and they didn't have any problem removing the fee. However, that was a credit union and they are usually nicer to deal with than the big regional and national companies.

What is it about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that caused every original buyer to basically rip up their manual or destory their case?

I have been to two different Gamestops and two different Game Crazys and I have found seven copies of this game and all were either their missing case, book or both. The one exception had both but the case insert was ripped so that only the front cover was there, with the back panel missing....

Picked up

Wheelman - 360
Bionic Commando - PS3
Prince of Persia LE - 360

Promptly put them all on Goozex. May get around to actually playing them, but Red Faction: Guerilla is taking up most of my gaming time right now. PLayed through POP on the PS3 and really liked it. Demo for Wheelman was interesting enough. No clue on Bionic Commando...

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']What is it about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that caused every original buyer to basically rip up their manual or destory their case?

I have been to two different Gamestops and two different Game Crazys and I have found seven copies of this game and all were either their missing case, book or both. The one exception had both but the case insert was ripped so that only the front cover was there, with the back panel missing....[/QUOTE]

Probably that damn Star Destroyer section.

bread's done
Back