GameStop selling Final Fantasy XIII $19.99 NEW! Online-Only

Good price on the game, although I suspect most of the replies in here will be along the lines of "Square should pay me $20 for playing this.", or some such stupidity.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a Platinum Hits version for the 360. (I already played it in Japanese on the PS3 and got the Pt trophy.) Preferably the updated version they released in Japan with the easy mode and updated AI.

Good price on the game, although I suspect most of the replies in here will be along the lines of "Square should pay me $20 for playing this.", or some such stupidity.

Square should pay me $20 for playing this.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Good price on the game, although I suspect most of the replies in here will be along the lines of "Square should pay me $20 for playing this.", or some such stupidity.[/QUOTE]

I paid Square-Enix $60 for playing this ;)

[quote name='Wario64']i wish this would drop to $10 already.[/QUOTE]
check blockbuster I got it for under $15 a while ago. If you want new your best opportunity will be coming shortly when they announce the next wave a GH hopefully including RDR. Usually when this happens all the B2g1 sales on GH follow the next week.

I payed $60 on released date and 100% Platinum it within 3 week, took me 98hr total game time. Was great, worth it for sure. Once I beat it I never touched it again, but don't regret the purchase. Not the best Final Fantasy ever, but still the best RPG on the PS3 (Opinion, Flame Shield).

I loved Final Fantasy XII gameplay so this game was by default right up my alley, I love being able to see enemies before I fight them and the combat is my favorite aspect, so doing the marks in XII and Cieth Stone in XIII was the parts I enjoyed the most. Story wise is entertaining but again not the best in the series, still is fun for what it is.

This game should be in everyone collection, unless you have a dislike for JRPG. As for the linearity that everyone tend to cry about, is it really that important to be able to walk to an area you normally would not go too? If you want to explore that badly just wait until you get to Pulse... roughly 70% into the game (haha could not say this without laughing). Anyway by then you should know if you having a good time or not, It comes down to the story and gameplay, not the traveling.

Point is... the price is great. Buy it.

[quote name='Enuf']The $20 new is in-store too the used price $25 says "online only".[/QUOTE]

i called and got the employee to scan it for me to double check. it's $29.99 in store.

thanks OP.

If I had to pick the best RPG ever it be between Dragon Quest V, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy XIII is best RPG on PS3 at the moment no doubt. As for Xbox I don't have one but I'm guessing is a battle between Lost Odyssey and FFXIII. For the sake of argument I don't consider Dragon Age Origins and Demon Souls RPG.

I missed out on the $20 Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII during the last Black Friday sale because I didn't have enough money. :(

Come on universal price drop!

[quote name='xRemnant']If I had to pick the best RPG ever it be between Dragon Quest V, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy XIII is best RPG on PS3 at the moment no doubt. As for Xbox I don't have one but I'm guessing is a battle between Lost Odyssey and FFXIII. For the sake of argument I don't consider Dragon Age Origins and Demon Souls RPG.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider FF or DQ to be rpgs, just some squad based strategy games.

uh...Square should pay me 20 Gil to play this game.

I picked this up during the B2G1 sale, so it ended up costing me less than $20 anyway. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Is it really that bad?

[quote name='wilflare']is this worth $20?
or can we just wait a while more for 10-15 range?[/QUOTE]

If I didn't already own it, I'd wait until it drops to $10-15. It's not terrible, but it's nothing special either.

[quote name='wilflare']is this worth $20?
or can we just wait a while more for 10-15 range?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. You can just wait a while more for a price drop. But SE is probably going to cut production of the game when FFXIII-2 comes out. If you not a fan of the series then it don't hurt to wait, eventually it will drop below $20. Is just a matter of time, same can be said about almost every game.

I think is worth $60 so obviously think is worth $20...

Nice that Amazon price matched it, too bad everyone I know has it.

You can get this for 19.99 used at blockbuster(still in my back log).plus Amazon a couple of weeks ago had this for 20 in their gold box deals.bet by black friday you can get this for 14 or less.anyway any tips from people who have played the game on How to set up my party ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xRemnant']If I had to pick the best RPG ever it be between Dragon Quest V, Earthbound, and Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy XIII is best RPG on PS3 at the moment no doubt. As for Xbox I don't have one but I'm guessing is a battle between Lost Odyssey and FFXIII. For the sake of argument I don't consider Dragon Age Origins and Demon Souls RPG.[/QUOTE]

FF13 and FF8 in the best categories? DA:O not a RPG? Not sure if you're trolling or just have a "unique" taste :lol:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I don't consider FF or DQ to be rpgs, just some squad based strategy games.[/QUOTE]

Funny because prior to the PS3/Xbox 360 generation of games, FF and DQ type games was the standards for RPG on consoles. I love Demon Souls but it is straight up Action/Adventure.

[quote name='Antipodes']FF13 and FF8 in the best categories? DA:O not a RPG? Not sure if you're trolling or just have a "unique" taste :lol:[/QUOTE]
FFXIII only best in PS3. I will halfway take back DA:O not being an RPG just because you get to choose the outcome of scenario, same would apply to Mass Effect 2, in that case Mass Effect 2 would be best RPG on PS3. But no, they completely different games in concept. The games I grew up considering RPG and the new era of what is consider RPG is so different that is unfair to categorize them together. Hence why theres a general term which I don't like to use too much, JRPG and WRPG. Eitherway once you break it down I guess it start to make more sense. I won't explain why I consider FFVIII as one of the best RPG, just live knowing some people love games that you don't.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyway any tips from people who have played the game on How to set up my party ?[/QUOTE]
It depends on how far in the story you are how you will set up your party. General rule of thumb is Ravagers feed tp, Commando are damage dealer. The rest is self explanatory. You should not use commando until ravagers break the enemy, unless you don't have a choice, or commando can just kill the enemy right away. Near the end of the game theres only going to be one true pattern to do everything, excluding some particularly difficult bosses that require more effort and strategy. Just play the game, it will come to you over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid Square $30 to play this (new on release day), and whenever I actually get around to buying a PS3 I'll pay them to play it again.

Somehow I knew the thread would erupt into this. Not many JRPG's available this gen. If so the pickings are slim. Seems like the popularity for JRPG is low now-a-days as it feels too linear. For those old schoolers they will find the game solid or acceptable (or not any). I think this game will reach the $15 sometime this year. I enjoyed it, purchased it on the day the game was launched. Worth the $60 msrp? Not really IMO, but better than nothing. If you're just picking up this game now prepare for some melodramatic plot and rainbows & ponies ending.

[quote name='xRemnant']FFXIII only best in PS3. I will halfway take back DA:O not being an RPG just because you get to choose the outcome of scenario, same would apply to Mass Effect 2, in that case Mass Effect 2 would be best RPG on PS3. But no, they completely different games in concept. The games I grew up considering RPG and the new era of what is consider RPG is so different that is unfair to categorize them together. Hence why theres a general term which I don't like to use too much, JRPG and WRPG. Eitherway once you break it down I guess it start to make more sense. I won't explain why I consider FFVIII as one of the best RPG, just live knowing some people love games that you don't.[/QUOTE]

Western RPGs are the original RPGs.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I could never get into the FF games but for $20 I might give it a try.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a huge waste of money then, XIII is no different from the others.

Every time a thread about XIII is made people troll the shit out of it, along with the wJRPG defense force. Was there a point, or is it just wanting to rage at something? Saying S-E should pay you to play the game makes you seem very intelligent.

Still liked Lost Odyssey a shit load better. But for the record I barely played this game (my wife on the other hand got all the achievements). JRPGs are still weak this generation (the good ones are on handhelds) and I'm still waiting for Persona 6 to hit next gen consoles.

Anyways, for $20 there isn't much to lose out if you love JRPGs. However, gota re-state Lost Odyssey is the best 360/PS3 JRPG on the market followed by Valkria Chronicles.

[quote name='FactionG']I still haven't beat this yet. I thought the PSN downtime would have allowed me to play but...[/QUOTE]

This. I'm enjoying the game, but i opted for Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 instead

[quote name='d3ting']Amazon matched, link ~ $19.99

didn't feel like making a new thread...[/QUOTE]

your ass got beaten to the punch someone before you in the thread already posted that. Look at all the posts before you post.

Got this game half a year ago for this price at BB, didnt even bother to finish playing it.

[quote name='Donut2922']i called and got the employee to scan it for me to double check. it's $29.99 in store.[/QUOTE]
it's $20 in store GS quakerbridge mall NJ 609-716-9803

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Scratch that. Tales of Vesperia > Lost Odyssey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would rank them Tales of Vesperia > Valkyria Chronicles > Lost Odyssey

Valkyria Chronicles says hi. :)

[quote name='onyzukae']LA.,CA 90015 29.99 in store . DAMN!!!!!!! my gas[/QUOTE]

IDK what to tell u I just left GS in Doylestown PA $20 in store 215-491-3501. Are the store actually scanning the games in front of you?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Valkyria Chronicles says hi. :)[/QUOTE]

I have it, I like it. Why is it people think it is a RPG? Even the box itself says is a RTS. It is a Tactical game. Like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactic Ogre, Command and Conquer, so on.

Is fun, tell it I said hi also but no, not anything remotely similar to FFXIII to even be compared. Regardless, is silly that you try to superimpose your favorite games on top of my own. You like it, good for you. I happen to have my own preference! I know, shocking.

As for Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey, Xbox 360 exclusives. Well Vesperia is not entirely exclusive but never came to PS3 on the USA. They *might* just be better, but I don't see how that matters in the first place. Is Final Fantasy XIII worth owning at $20 dollar? The answer is yes for a lot of people, and no for a group of vocal bitter people.

If you seriously considering whether is worth it or not, here is a link to metacritic scores of the game. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/final-fantasy-xiii

There you have it, a compile bunch of reviews without the trolls and fans.

[quote name='Enuf']IDK what to tell u I just left GS in Doylestown PA $20 in store 215-491-3501. Are the store actually scanning the games in front of you?[/QUOTE]

he just check the computer...

DAMNNNN I'M STUPIT!!!

bread's done
Back