GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']As stupid as it is, its probably because it's simply cheaper to use the materials already included for the games (boxes/art/etc) instead of printing their own.

I don't like it, but that's about the best rationalization I can come up with.[/QUOTE]
Especially since they try to sell those display copies as "new" -- it's as if they have no overhead cost in using display copies.

Some of these deals on newer stuff are cool. I really like the Buy 2 get 1 free on PSP stuff. I actually wish it applied to UMD movies too, though. (I tried online and no dice.)

Does anyone know of any free shipping codes that are still working on Gamestop.com? Any at all? Even with purchase amount requirements? Thanks!

Got denied at BB trying to PM the MK Komplete Edition using the GS physical ad. The clerk confirmed with a manager that they can't PM because it's a promo for PUR members. I used BB's own RZ analogy as a defense but they still said no! I'll try a different BB tomorrow. I have several BB GCs I want to use so that's why I'm trying the PM.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Not to mention that the employes "rent" these copys for themselves. I've known plenty of gs employes to do this[/QUOTE]

or use the DLC. I'm sure mine is one of the rare occurrences but it's one of the reasons why I never buy those gutted copies. It's a hassle if you have to return it and in my case if it's missing stuff that a sealed copy has, tough shit, GS won't help you. At least with a sealed copy barring manufacturing mistake it will have all the proper contents and you don't have the risk of someone taking stuff.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anyway is the la noire complete price really going to be honored ? My father would really love it and you can't go wrong getting the complete game for 20$ :).[/QUOTE]

Couldn't get the $19.99 price honored on the LA Noire Complete version at multiple SoCal GameStops (though I just asked, wasn't really pushing too hard for it). Ended up getting BB to PM with no fuss instead...

[quote name='ral1121']^

You are missing out big honestly. Sure, the map may not be to your taste but the stories and missions are considerably better in The Lost and Damned and Gay Tony. New Weapons/Vehicles/Parachute make the experience even better.

Free mode multiplayer is also a better experience with the new tools.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The DLC episodes are leaps and bounds better than GTA4. Alot more mission variety, better characters, story. Basically you're not Roman's bitch the entire game.

GS tried to sell me a gutted copy of MK Komplete today.

Me: You have MK?
Rep: Yea there is a copy on shelf
Me: Can I get a new sealed copy?
Rep (sigh) If we have anymore. *looks in and there like 10+ copies there*

I think selling gutted copies as new has always been a disrespectful thing from GS. And I always read horrible stories if any reason you try to return it or exchange it.

But yea $29.99 MK Komplete for 360 is cool. My friend she has my vanilla copy. I told her to keep it so I can play her.

[quote name='OregonDealz']If i remember correct, they actually had some okay deals last year at this time. Maybe i'll finally be able to spend my GS e-rewards Giftcards.[/QUOTE]

Took me ages to find something to burn my $75 on. I just cannot stand their pricing policy (among other policies). I, in fact, still have some $8 dollars left and I have ignored any surveys for the past 4 months. Even though I could buy a game for free, every 7 months or so (or 10 months at full MSRP), I just can't stand having to wait to build credit and then be raped by their prices. I am basically turning down a yearly free game because I can't stand the place anymore, it is better to spend money but get it at a nice price with a release deal, or month-after price drop, than to wait to have funds for GS.

I saw dead island the speciap; edition is that on sale. If not is it worth picking up used? Is the content on the disc or downloadables?

Went to gamestop to get Unit 13 for $29 - $10 off coupon. He said the coupon does nothing in the system. No Unit 13 for me :(

Ha, went to one of my local gamestops....Store manager didnt even know about the sale going on (even after checking the ad) he goes "well lets just ring them up and see

new person there got all butt hurt when I said I didnt want to pre-order anything.

They're lucky I find stuff like that funny and since im an ass I laugh at them in their face, I could be more of an ass and report them lol

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Ha, went to one of my local gamestops....Store manager didnt even know about the sale going on (even after checking the ad) he goes "well lets just ring them up and see

new person there got all butt hurt when I said I didnt want to pre-order anything.

They're lucky I find stuff like that funny and since im an ass I laugh at them in their face, I could be more of an ass and report them lol[/QUOTE]
You could always make some pre-orders with the huffy new employee and then cancel them all at the same time with them on another day. That hurts them just as much as being reported if not moreso, since corporate bases how many hours they give employees on pre-orders and PowerUpRewards subscriptions.;)

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Seems like alot of people are getting GS "last copy" of the game gutted. Are the employees just saying that so that they can sell the gutted copy? I would hardly believe GS stores will have a sale like this and just have limited supply for way store.[/QUOTE]
Since I went on Sunday, I'm sure my local GS didn't have get any extra copies in stock then. I asked for a sealed copy of the SE of AC:R for the 360. Dude looked for some (as I watched him), said they had plenty of PS3 versions, but no 360 versions. I believed him since I grabbed the only copy of the SE off the shelf (saw a ton of the PS3 version on the shelf). I shrugged, accepted it, and tested the DLC out shortly after to make sure it worked. Getting a gutted copy doesn't bother me too much since 1) I typically get sealed copies from GS and 2) there's not a whole lot to tamper with in the SE (unlike, say, a CE of a game).

I couldn't find a SE of Noire or AC so I went ahead and snagged new copies of both for $20 each. The machines here said that Dead Island was $30 new so I passed on it. I guess I'll have to swing by a few other stores to confirm it tomorrow.

I grabbed a copy of Dead Island at the store by work. I rarely shop at GS and every time I do I remember why.

The guy kept pushing PUR, then was trying to convince me to buy AC: R instead. I understand its his job to help people, but if I don't solicit your opinion, I don't want it.

Edit: Dead Island was $20 at my store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I couldn't find a SE of Noire or AC so I went ahead and snagged new copies of both for $20 each. The machines here said that Dead Island was $30 new so I passed on it. I guess I'll have to swing by a few other stores to confirm it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

yea, dead island is $30 when I ask them on Monday, I'm going to see if I can go to BB and have them price match it for $20...

I grabbed a ps3 version of la noirce complete. The stores seemed to be very limited like 1 and it was gutted. The problem is some of the gutted stuff is missing stuff

Mine had no codes just a red dead \ max payne insert and a book. I hope there weren't any codes.

my gs had amalur for ps3 marked as 29.99. picked up mvc3 and while gutted, it was resealed in a plastic pouch. i actually don't mind the pouch since it means they didn't have to put on the annoying stickers.

Is the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition suppose to come with a downloadable code for the Movie, the Music and the online pass?

Got the last open copy from Gamestop and there is no download code in the box.

[quote name='Sh0k']Is the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition suppose to come with a downloadable code for the Movie, the Music and the online pass?

Got the last open copy from Gamestop and there is no download code in the box.[/QUOTE]
Only for the Movie and the Music there is no code for any online pass. I just got a sealed one from Gamestop on Monday

[quote name='gepet0']I grabbed a ps3 version of la noirce complete. The stores seemed to be very limited like 1 and it was gutted. The problem is some of the gutted stuff is missing stuff

Mine had no codes just a red dead \ max payne insert and a book. I hope there weren't any codes.[/QUOTE]
I got the last copy gutted also and I wondered if it came with any codes so I did a youtube unboxing search for the game and found one and watched it and it just had the book and the insert that you see nothing else, so it is complete. :D Unless the Unboxing that I watched if the guy removed something while filming all david Blaine style...

To CAG's living in the New Tampa, FL area the Gamestop on Bruce B. Downs has some sealed copies of the PS3 AC:R Signature Edition. Looked to be about 5-7 left.

[quote name='Sh0k']Is the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition suppose to come with a downloadable code for the Movie, the Music and the online pass?

Got the last open copy from Gamestop and there is no download code in the box.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it contains 2 separate sheets (one is the download code for the movie, the other is the download code for the music). It does not come with an online pass (it's not needed for the Komplete Edition, maybe not even for the Vanilla version).

This is exactly why I don't even come close to "new" copies that have been gutted.

Will dead island last the entirety of the spring sale at $19.99? I know it's not in the OP and was not at that price at the beginning of the sale.

I broke down and grabbed :ps3:Catherine from this sale from the closest GS to me that just opened up maybe 6 months ago. They even gave me the artbook/soundtrack disc with it for $31.79 out the door. Not bad. Now let's see if I actually play it this time or if it collects dust.:cry:

Got two sealed copies of AC:R Signature Edition for PS3 from the Downtown Crossing GS in Boston yesterday. I asked how many they had, and the manager told me they had a ton, which was why they let me get two. I'm guessing they've still got copies if anyone in Boston's looking.

[quote name='GoVols']Does AC:R have dlc's required for anything?? Also, does Dead Island come with dlc codes???[/QUOTE]

Shit I tossed my receipt out before the trash came today. I forgot to check if there was code.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I broke down and grabbed :ps3:Catherine from this sale from the closest GS to me that just opened up maybe 6 months ago. They even gave me the artbook/soundtrack disc with it for $31.79 out the door. Not bad. Now let's see if I actually play it this time or if it collects dust.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Is every GS giving out the artbook and soundtrack?

[quote name='SleepingVu']Is every GS giving out the artbook and soundtrack?[/QUOTE]
I don't know honestly. But you could always ask. That's what I did and the girl working at the GS I went to found the soundtrack/artbook bundle sitting right next to the game in the drawer. That's likely YMMV though as the soundtrack and artbook were a pre-order bonus, so unless one of the copies of Catherine at your store is a leftover from when it launched you might not get it.

I got Hot Shots for Vita today. I had a coupon that I tried to use last week but it didn't go through, now I'm glad it didn't so I saved $10 more bucks lol
I got a copy of FFXIII-2 for my nephew at Best Buy, with a coupon too.

Any CAGs partaking in this deal that wouldn't mind helping me out? I have a $5 GameStop giftcard that I'll probably never use. Hoping some kind-hearted CAG would be willing to give me an even $5 Paypal for it.

I also have a $25 gift card as well, but I figured the $5 would be easier to get rid of.

PM me!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Shit I tossed my receipt out before the trash came today. I forgot to check if there was code.[/QUOTE]

My receipt didnt come with a code

[quote name='exaznkid']wouldn't mind grabbing a preowned version of Mortal Kombat Komplete edition for the ps3, sadly there isnt any available.[/QUOTE]

I was told there wouldn't be an MK Komplete used by a GS employee when I asked because basically they would just be selling you the vanilla edition as the extra stuff are all DLC which I guess makes sense.

[quote name='technicalstylez']so did anyone else see koa:reckoning for 29.99 today? it had a sticker with that price at the gs i went to today but according to the ad/site its 39.99[/QUOTE]

Mine had a tag of $39.99. I made a note to check because someone else posted earlier that they saw it tagged for $29.99.

^ya i think that was me the first time. no one ever responded so i figured i'd bring it back up for the people just now coming into the thread. i already have it on 360 sealed but think i might pick it for ps3 for kicks.

I'm in for a copy of SCV and an Ivy bobble head if Gamestop's inferior pick up in store's service will let my GF's mom get the game for me when she's in the city on Thursday. Oh and that's assuming they even have any bobble heads left. Seriously Best Buy's pick up service is awesome.

another cag said they got the guide for 15 bucks in store and it came with the bobblehead too.

[quote name='Psychonik']I'm in for a copy of SCV and an Ivy bobble head if Gamestop's inferior pick up in store's service will let my GF's mom get the game for me when she's in the city on Thursday. Oh and that's assuming they even have any bobble heads left. Seriously Best Buy's pick up service is awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oldschool990']yea, dead island is $30 when I ask them on Monday, I'm going to see if I can go to BB and have them price match it for $20...[/QUOTE]

guys dead island is $20 new, you have to tell the guy to actualy ring the game up at the register, not to just check the computer, if they just check the computer it rings up at $30 but once they actualy scan the game it comes up for the $20.

So is it odd that when I picked up gta 4 and ac:r that I found some games that I traded in a few days before were put out as new? I mean granted my games were basically taken out of the wrapper and maybe played One time but that's incredibly shady.

[quote name='new1']So is it odd that when I picked up gta 4 and ac:r that I found some games that I traded in a few days before were put out as new? I mean granted my games were basically taken out of the wrapper and maybe played One time but that's incredibly shady.[/QUOTE]

How did you know it was "your" copy? did you mark the case/manual or something? Whoa! Thats why i dont like buying gutted ones tagged as new.

bread's done
Back