GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a gutted Borderlands GOTY. Sales stickers all over that I failed to remove :lol: Oh well at least its new looking.. Also got GTA4 Complete. New and Sealed =D

[quote name='Magicman103']Hm not sure if I should get MKKE with the vita version coming out so soon....

decisions decisions.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want that on a handheld over a console?!

[quote name='DeskLaser']Any word on if the PUR coupons ($5 off, etc) work with these sale prices yet or not?[/QUOTE]

The $10 off select Vita games coupon that most PUR members got via email, apparently doesn't stack with this offer.

I tried it with both Hot Shots Golf and Unit 13, the clerk told me it doesn't stack. So I don't think it works but some people have say they were able to get manager to override it, so ymmv.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Any word on if the PUR coupons ($5 off, etc) work with these sale prices yet or not?[/QUOTE]

My 20percent off coupon did not stack.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...ya, I'm not going to go through all of the trouble of returning my Gamestop copy (which is pristine aside from the sticker on the case), risking getting a copy from amazon without the artbook/CD, and waiting a week for shipping just so I can tear open the shrink wrap and have pretty much exactly what I have in my hands right now.[/QUOTE]
Trust me. The artbook isn't that special. I still have the one from when I picked up Catherine at launch from Amazon and if I flipped through it once it's a miracle. But if you're a collector and it'll just sit there collecting dust, then it's always nice to get a lil something extra for buying a game.

From what I've heard the music CD isn't anything to write home about either. Just some classical music tracks that're so-so at best.

I wanted to get MK9 Complete but the only copy they had left was gutted. I have had bad experiences in the past buying these "used" new games so I skipped on it, nearest store with a sealed copy was like a 30 minute drive away. =(

[quote name='czissis']Does anyone know if Dead Island is $20 in store also? I'd like to try to PM over at BB.[/QUOTE]

According to SD, yes it is in store also.

Dead island for 20$ is knocking on my door. If used copys were discounted as well then its even more tempting. That being said Those glitches have scared me from getting the game since release. Are they really as bad as people say ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Dead island for 20$ is knocking on my door. If used copys were discounted as well then its even more tempting. That being said Those glitches have scared me from getting the game since release. Are they really as bad as people say ?[/QUOTE]

I didn't play it at release but from what I've played (on PS3) it's locked up a few times while in vehicles during multiplayer but that's about it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Dead island for 20$ is knocking on my door. If used copys were discounted as well then its even more tempting. That being said Those glitches have scared me from getting the game since release. Are they really as bad as people say ?[/QUOTE]

They should be discounted accordingly. The only used priced that didnt drop was AC:R.

Don't let the glitch talk scare you. I've played through the game twice and still go back to playing it every once in a while and I've hardly ever encountered any glitches. This was on 360, by the way. There might be the occasional bug, but they're more funny than anything and they usually resolve themselves pretty quickly. The game is a TON of fun with friends.

Picked up a gutted copy of AC: Revelations Signature Edition for the 360 yesterday (only copy they had, one dude said). Might try to get them to honor L.A. Noire Complete Edition Wednesday when I go back for their B2G1 sale. If not, I may head over to Walmart and get them to price match it for me.

[quote name='czissis']Does anyone know if Dead Island is $20 in store also? I'd like to try to PM over at BB.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just picked up Dead Island for 360 today. New was $19.99 and used was like $17.09 after PUR discount.

BREAKING NEWS !
ok maybe not breaking news, but i went to GS today and the manager told me that since LA NOIRE complete edition was a mis-print in the GS paper ad and it was gamestops fault, they are going to make la noire CE $20 starting tomorrow. thats what the manager told me today :)

[quote name='Alex121006']BREAKING NEWS !
ok maybe not breaking news, but i went to GS today and the manager told me that since LA NOIRE complete edition was a mis-print in the GS paper ad and it was gamestops fault, they are going to make la noire CE $20 starting tomorrow. thats what the manager told me today :)[/QUOTE]

Figured it was a misprint when the website priced it at $40 and the ad was $20. Took note of this and got the last copy at my best buy and they price matched no problem when I showed them the ad.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Omg brock lesner has returned !!!!!![/QUOTE]

I almost spit out my drink!
The crowd was chatting we want Brock earlier and I was like what the hell, but I marked out when his music hit!

[quote name='KtMack23']I almost spit out my drink!
The crowd was chatting we want Brock earlier and I was like what the hell, but I marked out when his music hit![/QUOTE]

YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!! cenation is done. Attitude era has destroyed him over the last 24 hours ! I forgot to put in my wrestlemania review in the blog section that I wanted brock to return last night but this will do just fine !!!!!

as for dead island 360 or ps3 version ?

[quote name='sasukekun']They should be discounted accordingly. The only used priced that didnt drop was AC:R.[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 didn't drop either.

I was going to hit up Best Buy for AC:R, but the chance to score a SE for the same price is too good to pass up. I wasn't interested in LA Noire either but now I guess that's up for grabs so I might as well go for it too tomorrow. Much appreciated OP & Alex.

Seems like alot of people are getting GS "last copy" of the game gutted. Are the employees just saying that so that they can sell the gutted copy? I would hardly believe GS stores will have a sale like this and just have limited supply for way store.

SEF, as much as you frequent BB, you didn't get in on the $5.50 Dead Island from last week's coupon debacle?

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I love your wrestling posts in here! Haha. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Lol I was typing about dead island while cena was putting me to sleep (as usual) and then brocks music hit ! I threw my phone on the couch and started marking the fuck out !

I'm still trying to decide if dead island is worth it. Have you played it ?

[quote name='sgaldis']SEF, as much as you frequent BB, you didn't get in on the $5.50 Dead Island from last week's coupon debacle?[/QUOTE]

I used my 10$ coupon on a rdr copy to flip before I found about dead island being apart of the glitch. If I found out sooner I would have brought that with the coupon instead. I was so mad that i missed that opertunity !

[quote name='strait edge follower']spoilers[/QUOTE]

Hey dumbass, wtf is your problem?

1) This is a Gamestop deals thread, take your ass to the wrestling thread if you wanna talk that shit.

2) USE fuckING SPOILER TAGS, you just ruined Raw for me cause it hasnt aired on the west coast yet.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Seems like alot of people are getting GS "last copy" of the game gutted. Are the employees just saying that so that they can sell the gutted copy? I would hardly believe GS stores will have a sale like this and just have limited supply for way store.[/QUOTE]

dunno about everyone else but the GS employee I had was trying to look for a sealed copy when I asked for Borderlands GOTY. He looked around for GTA4 Complete too and lucky for me he found a sealed one. I didn't specifically ask for a sealed copy so that was cool of him.

[quote name='TheRock88']Hey dumbass, wtf is your problem?

1) This is a Gamestop deals thread, take your ass to the wrestling thread if you wanna talk that shit.

2) USE fuckING SPOILER TAGS, you just ruined Raw for me cause it hasnt aired on the west coast yet.[/QUOTE]

Hey dude :). The last 24 hours have had me stoked so couldn't help it lol. The dumbass comment wasnt needed though but I won't stoop to that level.

Anyway is the la noire complete price really going to be honored ? My father would really love it and you can't go wrong getting the complete game for 20$ :).

Not even an apology, what the hell is wrong with people these days.

Yeah I won't need to stoop that low either considering I don't want to argue with a guy who cant even spell straight right.

Back to topic, hoping to pick up an AC: Rev tomorrow with some leftover credit.

[quote name='sasukekun']They should be discounted accordingly. The only used priced that didnt drop was AC:R.[/QUOTE]

Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't discount.

[quote name='TheRock88']Not even an apology, what the hell is wrong with people these days.

Yeah I won't need to stoop that low either considering I don't want to argue with a guy who cant even spell straight right.

Back to topic, hoping to pick up an AC: Rev tomorrow with some leftover credit.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get the version with part one on it like I did as both games for 20$ is a steal ! Oh and I acually spelled the my user name like that on purpose. I can't count the amount of times I had to explain that when I first got on cag lol

[quote name='Donut2922']Marvel vs Capcom 3 didn't discount.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm MVC3 used didn't see a discount, but LA Noire Complete IS being honored @ $20 NEW in the PDX area, at least at the Gamestops downtown & one in Beaverton. Used version is NOT however (only the reg. edition rings up @ 17.99 used).

Figured I might as well blow through all my ill-begotten gains from Best Buy > GS flips, although my local GS's had mostly crap selections of DS games, found a few gems though:

:ds:The World Ends With You - 19.99/17.99
:ds:Mega Man Zero Collection - 19.99/17.99
:ds:Super Scriblenauts - Free

:ds:Professor Layton & the Mysterious Village - 14.99/13.49
:psp:Jeanne D'Arc - 6.99/6.29
:ds: Scourge: Hive - Free

:360:Saints Row Double Pack - 17.99/16.99
:ps3:LA Noire Complete - 29.99/26.99
*note* Going to do a return/rebuy on Wednesday for the b2g1free that applies to all the consoles.

Overall I enjoyed my ride on the credit wave. :cool:

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope you get the version with part one on it like I did as both games for 20$ is a steal ! Oh and I acually spelled the my user name like that on purpose. I can't count the amount of times I had to explain that when I first got on cag lol[/QUOTE]

Dire straits? Money for nothin and chicks for free?

Went into one of the stores in Frisco, TX today for MvC3 and they were out. They guy working there goes "wait we do have one gutted copy left". I was surprised to hear an employee use that term. I don't shop at GS very often for this reason. I know a lot of you don't mind gutted copies but I never understood the purpose of gutting, maybe someone can enlighten me?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Went into one of the stores in Frisco, TX today for MvC3 and they were out. They guy working there goes "wait we do have one gutted copy left". I was surprised to hear an employee use that term. I don't shop at GS very often for this reason. I know a lot of you don't mind gutted copies but I never understood the purpose of gutting, maybe someone can enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

They gut copies so that they can display the boxes out on the shelf.

[quote name='TheRock88']They gut copies so that they can display the boxes out on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

I can understand for display purposes but why doesn't GS just use the display art boxes that other retailers use like TRU or BB? Since they are available as separate from having to use actual games I don't understand why GS can't just do the same.

[quote name='Donut2922']I can understand for display purposes but why doesn't GS just use the display art boxes that other retailers use like TRU or BB? Since they are available as separate from having to use actual games I don't understand why GS can't just do the same.[/QUOTE]

As stupid as it is, its probably because it's simply cheaper to use the materials already included for the games (boxes/art/etc) instead of printing their own.

I don't like it, but that's about the best rationalization I can come up with.

[quote name='Donut2922']I can understand for display purposes but why doesn't GS just use the display art boxes that other retailers use like TRU or BB? Since they are available as separate from having to use actual games I don't understand why GS can't just do the same.[/QUOTE]

Because they don't look as good. And when they line the walls of your entire store, when they're not good, it looks really, really bad.

Or if they do, the expense is too much to rationalize when you can just gut the game and get it that way.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']As stupid as it is, its probably because it's simply cheaper to use the materials already included for the games (boxes/art/etc) instead of printing their own.

I don't like it, but that's about the best rationalization I can come up with.[/QUOTE]

This, GS has really gone cheap.

GS used to display those used games with no covers with covers of random cartoon drawings of people on it and in the middle it has the name of the game. Nowadays I'm starting to see more and more used copies where the only thing on the box is the tiny tag on the top right of the box with the name of the game and the price, thats it.

[quote name='TheRock88']They gut copies so that they can display the boxes out on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the employes "rent" these copys for themselves. I've known plenty of gs employes to do this

Wow, I thought there'd be a legitimate reason for it. This just makes it more reidiculous. I could think of a million better solutions than that. But I suppose they're doing something right, they're the Starbucks of Video Game retail.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']tell them to check Best Buy (also on sale at $19.99) or Target/walmart as both will price match and Walmart might even be the exclusive dlc version[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EvilIA']I also recommend having your relatives check Best Buy or target, they over bought allot of copies of that game and they are pretty easy to price match this deal with the flyer. I think Wal-Mart might even price match (I don't shop WM often so I'm not positive).

edit: I just purchased the standard edition of Catherine PS3 at Amazon at the matched sale price.[/QUOTE]

Great, I'll tell them to match the AC Rev sale at Best Buy. Thanks!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Seems like alot of people are getting GS "last copy" of the game gutted. Are the employees just saying that so that they can sell the gutted copy? I would hardly believe GS stores will have a sale like this and just have limited supply for way store.[/QUOTE]

I saw AC Rev signature edition on display, but the guy can only find sealed copy of those without AC1. I had to take the gutted copy along with the display case. Also got last copy of wkc2.

Apparently they did take away manuals from display case, so the pass codes are not used.

Turns out that I ended up buying Kingdoms of Amalur. But I didn't really need it, and I don't really want it anymore. O well.

the reason they gut copies is because there is no room in those drawers post release game sit, in yellowish paper disc case in those drawers. They have the boxes on the display stands for customers to see, they usually stack the box one behind another. I guess they don't trust the customers enough to leave the games sealed on display.

bread's done
Back