GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Obiwan456']I've never gotten how any kids that old get their hands on those kinds of games. Do the parents not care?[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

[quote name='Obiwan456']I've never gotten how any kids that old get their hands on those kinds of games. Do the parents not care?[/QUOTE]

Yupp. that or theyre uneducated on the medium and how vulger it can be.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Exactly![/QUOTE]

lol depends on the parents. some -like mine- were less strict when it came to violence and more strict when it came to sex. some parents are the opposite. and yeah, some just see it as a video game/fake and dont care or are too busy to care. while i grew up running around and playing cowboys and indians or cops and robbers with my friends, i see little kids running around playing mw3: headshots and pretending to snipe each other. times've changed.

Another thing I don't get, how can they be uneducated? I mean, if they look at the box there's a big bold M with "Mature 17+" on it. If that's not enough a glace at the back gives them a list of content descriptors. It just doesn't make sense.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol depends on the parents. some -like mine- were less strict when it came to violence and more strict when it came to sex.[/QUOTE]

I see this a lot too.
In America, we are completely desensitized to violence for entertainment, but if someone sees half a tit, all hell breaks loose. It is so weird.
But to put this discussion back on track, I got the MK Komplete for $30 thanks to this sale (and a BB price match), and it is incredibly fun.
And no, I won't let my kids play it. I'm cool dad, but I ain't that cool.:cool:

[quote name='brianace']I see this a lot too.
In America, we are completely desensitized to violence for entertainment, but if someone sees half a tit, all hell breaks loose. It is so weird.
But to put this discussion back on track, I got the MK Komplete for $30 thanks to this sale (and a BB price match), and it is incredibly fun.
And no, I won't let my kids play it. I'm cool dad, but I ain't that cool.:cool:[/QUOTE]

picked one up myself too. my son wanted to play it and my wife let him. i told her not to, but she said it was mean to let him see that i got it and not let him. that's b.s. and i told her as much. luckily he didn't see any fatalities or anything, and i made sure to put it away later that day. now i only take it out when he's not home or when he's sleeping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since it's not their property I've seen some of the employees palm the read side of discs before with their greasy hands leaving a big ol' handprint all over the bottom of the disc.

I've also bought newsed games from them before that had a coating of dirt/dust/grime on the bottom of them.

I think just like any retail job, some of these GS employees just don't give a shit.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't give a shit cause they don't get paid extra or anything for a crappy company... If you work there would you care? I was there couple of days ago and this new person was working there and he was getting the game from the sleeve and the manager said hurry up... Most of them are college kids so they don't give a rat ass if the game gets mess up or not...

[quote name='oldschool990']They shouldn't give a shit cause they don't get paid extra or anything for a crappy company... If you work there would you care? I was there couple of days ago and this new person was working there and he was getting the game from the sleeve and the manager said hurry up... Most of them are college kids so they don't give a rat ass if the game gets mess up or not...[/QUOTE]
Actually the employees here do care about their jobs, which is why I liked going to their stores. Admittedly some of the employees took in some of the worst condition garbage I've ever seen, including chewed up cases with indeterminate stains/smudges on them.

But it's their JOB that they get PAID(meagerly) for to care about making sure the customer is happy. Of course, going by most of the troglodites that go into GS with their summer teef(some here, some there, some brown, some green) and money in hand ready and willing to pay for whatever scratched up copy of Call Of Doody that someone wiped their ass crack with that the employees will happily sell them I can say without a doubt that this is why they take in such crap condition stuff.

If the suckerrrrr....errrr customers would stop buying incomplete stuff that looks like Uncle Jeb dropped it in the septic tank and then fished it out with his snot rag then we might not have to worry about stuff not working when we buy it from GS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually the employees here do care about their jobs, which is why I liked going to their stores. Admittedly some of the employees took in some of the worst condition garbage I've ever seen, including chewed up cases with indeterminate stains/smudges on them.

But it's their JOB that they get PAID(meagerly) for to care about making sure the customer is happy. Of course, going by most of the troglodites that go into GS with their summer teef(some here, some there, some brown, some green) and money in hand ready and willing to pay for whatever scratched up copy of Call Of Doody that someone wiped their ass crack with that the employees will happily sell them I can say without a doubt that this is why they take in such crap condition stuff.

If the suckerrrrr....errrr customers would stop buying incomplete stuff that looks like Uncle Jeb dropped it in the septic tank and then fished it out with his snot rag then we might not have to worry about stuff not working when we buy it from GS.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you the gamestop I usually go to the ppl do care about there customers being happy and stuff, but the one near work is just bad... The ppl that works there don't care and all they wanna do is make you preorder stuff... More then half of there used games don't even have a original case or manual... That's why I would never buy used games from them even if they have there sales on used games...

As long as you have the spare time and nitpick, you CAN find good and complete condition games at GS. But be prepared to get the 'hurry up' look from the employees.....repeatedly.

I actually nitpicked on a copy of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for 20 minutes during a B2G1 a couple years ago and in the end I didn't buy any of the 3-6 they showed me. Every last one had some sort of scratches on them(for a PS3 game).

But I've bought plenty from their sales otherwise. Sometimes(it's rare) they have a good sale that you just can't pass up. But that's few and far between.

ya if u go in early ie right when they open, they're more inclined to offer the best copy and check discs. on wed morning the guy offered to find me the best ones without me even asking. he even offered me the limited edition gears 3 -recently converted to used-.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']picked one up myself too. my son wanted to play it and my wife let him. i told her not to, but she said it was mean to let him see that i got it and not let him. that's b.s. and i told her as much. luckily he didn't see any fatalities or anything, and i made sure to put it away later that day. now i only take it out when he's not home or when he's sleeping.[/QUOTE]

this hurts. i played MK back in the day all the time. funny horrible story when i was 4 or 5 my mom took that game away cause my brother bought it and she didnt want him too lol. naturally being 4 or so i was excited NEW GAME MAN!!!! well my mom took it away due to hearing of the violence and seeing it on tv. i guess out sympathy cause i cried and couldnt grasp what was the big deal she eventually gave it back.

maybe she shouldnt have or maybe it didnt matter or maybe it only matters now because violence is so real looking. but those old violent games didnt wreck me. or maybe they have and im not aware of it???

just random food for thought. FYI the new MK has a turn off blood option for your young one. im not sure what that does to fatalities though.

lol that could actually be worse since its basically saying to kids if you punch someone in the face, they won't bleed/get hurt.

[quote name='kayne2000']

just random food for thought. FYI the new MK has a turn off blood option for your young one. im not sure what that does to fatalities though.[/QUOTE]

Thinking about passing on Catherine and White Knight Chronicles 2 since I'm picking up Xenoblade, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Hoping Catherine will go down and White Knight Chronicles 2 seems not that good by reviews. Still at $20 WKC2 seems reasonably priced.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually the employees here do care about their jobs, which is why I liked going to their stores. Admittedly some of the employees took in some of the worst condition garbage I've ever seen, including chewed up cases with indeterminate stains/smudges on them.

If the suckerrrrr....errrr customers would stop buying incomplete stuff that looks like Uncle Jeb dropped it in the septic tank and then fished it out with his snot rag then we might not have to worry about stuff not working when we buy it from GS.[/QUOTE]

Its this mentality possessed by GS store which has driven me away from them forever (I'm not even picking up Xenoblade from them!).

Every time, without fail, that I have walked into my local GameStop, I have been talked down to, laughed at, and treated like I am one of those people with 'summer teef' looking for the worst copy of 'Call of Doody'. In general, the GameStop-ites I would see in my region are asshats, cocky men who are so overconfident in their ability to upsell that when one 'smart' consumer turns down their offers to pre-order Generic FPS 12, all customer service IMMEDIATELY goes out the window. I can't imagine what kind of treatment I'd get if I picked up Xenoblade there -- I expect tons of laughter, and then the manager giving the last remaining copy to the chick that works there (whom he is probably sleeping with anyway).

Sorry for the anti-GS rant.

There are some good deals to be had here -- MK: Komplete is my favorite (MK is awesome, still!) on the list (If I didn't already have all the DLC, I'd probably try to PM that game at a local store.)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thinking about passing on Catherine and White Knight Chronicles 2 since I'm picking up Xenoblade, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Hoping Catherine will go down and White Knight Chronicles 2 seems not that good by reviews. Still at $20 WKC2 seems reasonably priced.[/QUOTE]

Catherine and WKC 2 are out of print, price isn't likely to go down any further for years. Look at how long it took Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles to drop below $20 (over 2-3 years and only Amazon and NewEgg briefly.)

I'm thinking of buying a pre-owned Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Is there anything in there that is worth buying a new copy for?

[quote name='nas6034']I'm thinking of buying a pre-owned Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Is there anything in there that is worth buying a new copy for?[/QUOTE]

I believe everything is on the disc

[quote name='nas6034']I'm thinking of buying a pre-owned Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition. Is there anything in there that is worth buying a new copy for?[/QUOTE]
Everything is on the disk.

On a related note...I picked up a used (near mint) copy of MK KE for PS3 and it still had an unused movie and soundtrack code inside.

[quote name='garrett007']White knight chronicles 2 worth $20? Been a while since a played a jrpg[/QUOTE]
I've enjoyed what little I've played so far. Sure it's not the greatest JRPG ever but you really can't go wrong with $20 for two games
IMO.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've enjoyed what little I've played so far. Sure it's not the greatest JRPG ever but you really can't go wrong with $20 for two games
IMO.[/QUOTE]

Is it true there is no trophy support for the first game on the disk?

Picked up l.a. noire complete edition today. they didnt have any sealed copies but did have a mint conditioned one and grabbed a case from display. Question is, does the ALL the download content come complete on the disk ?

[quote name='garrett007']Is it true there is no trophy support for the first game on the disk?[/QUOTE]

Like MSU said that's correct but you can unlock trophies from the #2 list by playing the first game. Trophies like (and this is just a example) opening a chest and shit like that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Like MSU said that's correct but you can unlock trophies from the #2 list by playing the first game. Trophies like (and this is just a example) opening a chest and shit like that.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, so the generic trophies can be unlocked through either game. I'll go pick this up tomorrow and give it a whirl

Well, today I showed my mom a few clips from Borderlands. Mainly the 9 toes one you showed me and one that shows the adult magazines. So far she's okay with it (as long as I ignore the magazines). So I'm going to look for worse stuff to show her but so far it's looking like I might be able to get it.

Bummed that my Gamestop didn't have any Signature Editions of AC:R. None of the copies even had the first game on the disc. The one I traded in did, so I guess it's my fault.

[quote name='Tsel']Bummed that my Gamestop didn't have any Signature Editions of AC:R. None of the copies even had the first game on the disc. The one I traded in did, so I guess it's my fault.[/QUOTE]

To be fair the game's been out for just over 4 months and already been on sale for multiple weeks in January for $30 so I'm sure a lot of those copies got cleaned out then. Although my store still had sig editions into late Feb/early March on PS3, but the 360 ones didn't last past the January $30 sale.

[quote name='MSUHitman']To be fair the game's been out for just over 4 months and already been on sale for multiple weeks in January for $30 so I'm sure a lot of those copies got cleaned out then. Although my store still had sig editions into late Feb/early March on PS3, but the 360 ones didn't last past the January $30 sale.[/QUOTE]

My store had a ton of the signature edition copies until this sale started, but yeah, you're mostly right.

[quote name='GoVols']Does Batman AA GOTY ps3 have dlc or is it all on disc?[/QUOTE]

Joker content u download I believe. The other maps are on disc.

Well, no where anywhere near me has Borderlands GOTY used, so I can't do B2G1 free (because I have a very small budget right now). Oh well, I'm going to pick up Borderlands new and get the other games I was going to get whenever there's another B2G1.

Oh, BTW, my mom said yes to Borderlands.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Well, no where anywhere near me has Borderlands GOTY used, so I can't do B2G1 free (because I have a very small budget right now). Oh well, I'm going to pick up Borderlands new and get the other games I was going to get whenever there's another B2G1.

Oh, BTW, my mom said yes to Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
You're in for a awesome experience!

[quote name='Brother Daz']You're in for a awesome experience![/QUOTE]

Is it that good? I play shooters occasionally. Kinda like COD but dont love it. Do you think i should give it a try at this price?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Is it that good? I play shooters occasionally. Kinda like COD but dont love it. Do you think i should give it a try at this price?[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love it! It's a nice mix of FPS and light RPG elements. I highly recommend it!

Got a sealed MK Komplete on the 360. I told them I hate gutted games and they said they are required to do it 😒. Then I went to target to get a sealed MvC3

[quote name='Brother Daz']I absolutely love it! It's a nice mix of FPS and light RPG elements. I highly recommend it![/QUOTE]

Thanks, would probably give it a try. Anyways if i buy it used how would i know if the dlc is on the disc or on the voucher?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Is it that good?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It was worth $60 on day one, unlike pretty much every other game that comes out.

Since I don't have a full vita game trying to decide if I want to pick up Unit 13. Is the gameplay good enough to ignore the fact that( so I've read) there is no story? Gameplay videos look like its smooth and nice graphics.

Maybe I'll wait for a bigger sale or just pick up an uncharted on AWD

[quote name='darrenaw9']Thanks, would probably give it a try. Anyways if i buy it used how would i know if the dlc is on the disc or on the voucher?[/QUOTE]

The first run version had a voucher but I'm sure those are all long gone now. They should all have it on disk now.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The first run version had a voucher but I'm sure those are all long gone now. They should all have it on disk now.[/QUOTE]

As long as it says all 4 add ons and not voucher for all 4 add ons then you're fine.

Quick Reference Guide:
Borderlands GOTY Edition: UPC for PS3

Original UPC: 7-10425-37881-2 (Add-on is a voucher)
New UPC: 7-10425-37983-3 (Add-on in the disk)

The Old PS3 version had the warning on the back cover, “Add-On Game Content requires a connection to PlayStation Network and 4.41 GB of storage space to redeem single-use voucher.” New PS3 Version says, “Add-On Game Content requires 4.41 GB of storage space.”

http://quarterdisorder.com/2011/04/...he-year-edition-content-now-included-on-disc/

bread's done
Back