GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usickenme']Was shot down at the store on the Buy 2 get 1 on used PSP. Guys said online only[/QUOTE]

Were there used PSP games on display? Only reason I can think of denying you the sale is if they've shipped off all their used PSP games to other stores, which is happening.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']How did you know it was "your" copy? did you mark the case/manual or something? Whoa! Thats why i dont like buying gutted ones tagged as new.[/QUOTE]

They were atlus titles operation darkness and Spectral Force 3. The store manager told me he had never seen copies ever... And my cases I had switch out for used games since I was trading them in sure enough my copies....

I tried to get hot shots for 20$ using the coupon one more time but I was denied again. I explained to the manager that the fine print states nothing about it not being able to stack with other offers but he just shrugged it off. Gamestop is the worst when it comes to coupons. Sigh ....

[quote name='CAGkrazy']How did you know it was "your" copy? did you mark the case/manual or something? Whoa! Thats why i dont like buying gutted ones tagged as new.[/QUOTE]

Someone should set up a sting for that store, trade in a just-opened game, put some unnoticeable mark in the instruction manual or something, and then see what happens. And hopefully record it, post it on joystiq or somewhere, sue gamestop and make them quit that scam.

noticed this w/ my "new" mvc3 360. it came resealed in a plastic pouch, i was happy there were no stickers but u could easily the disc had been used.

[quote name='new1']So is it odd that when I picked up gta 4 and ac:r that I found some games that I traded in a few days before were put out as new? I mean granted my games were basically taken out of the wrapper and maybe played One time but that's incredibly shady.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']noticed this w/ my "new" mvc3 360. it came resealed in a plastic pouch, i was happy there were no stickers but u could easily the disc had been used.[/QUOTE]

Well this explains why I'm not seeing any silent hill hd collections used they are reselling them new! This is I Only shop GameStop during these sales -_-

Couldn't find anything good with the B2G1 but I bought two copies of MvC3 for $9.99 each. So glad, and after I play for a while I'll trade it to Microcenter for $15 each.

Just got the last Assassins Creed my store had and of course it is gutted. I know it was the last copy because the guy took the display case after looking around the whole store for another copy, but I am glad I got it. Now I have all of the assassins creed games and the total cost of them were $52 and I got the Brotherhood collectors edition. By the time I beat all of these games Assassins creed 3 will be like $30 lol.

[quote name='Alex121006']guys dead island is $20 new, you have to tell the guy to actualy ring the game up at the register, not to just check the computer, if they just check the computer it rings up at $30 but once they actualy scan the game it comes up for the $20.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much but considering the fact the employee I was dealing with HAD to be the disgruntled wife of the real manager I didn't feel like making her go the extra mile. She seemed fit to be tied after I passed on the usual pre-order BS before forcing her to check stock for CEs. I'll swing by a different store tomorrow to pick one up. Thanks man.

Now does anyone know if the CE/SE of Dead Island is up for grabs?

[quote name='scottman']Someone should set up a sting for that store, trade in a just-opened game, put some unnoticeable mark in the instruction manual or something, and then see what happens. And hopefully record it, post it on joystiq or somewhere, sue gamestop and make them quit that scam.[/QUOTE]
I got the one store to own up to charging refurb fees on games for no good reason(like on perfect condition games) and not sending them out a while ago. I marked my copy of the one game and the coverart/case in an inconspicuous spot and as expected they hit me with a refurb fee.

I argued that my game was in perfect condition, but they argued right back about some 'defect' to it. So I traded it in and came back the next day. Lo and behold, there was the case from my copy of the game up on the shelf. So then I asked them if I could see a couple copies of the game because I was a stickler for a perfect copy. Funny thing was they pointed out my copy as flawless to me.

Then I pulled out my receipt from the day before showing the refurb fee I got hit with when trading it in. They tried to backpedal. I said I was going to contact their DM(who I honestly think put them up to charging the fees on perfect condition games in the first place to up the profits for his stores:roll:). They quickly relented and refunded me the cost of the refurb fee.

So checking White Knight Chronicles II to see if any gamestop around me still had them in on their website, and well I can't do the pickup at store to see if any gamestop has it near me, there is no option for pickup at store.

fucking wonderful, Gamestop.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I figured as much but considering the fact the employee I was dealing with HAD to be the disgruntled wife of the real manager I didn't feel like making her go the extra mile. She seemed fit to be tied after I passed on the usual pre-order BS before forcing her to check stock for CEs. I'll swing by a different store tomorrow to pick one up. Thanks man.

Now does anyone know if the CE/SE of Dead Island is up for grabs?[/QUOTE]
You should buy something from that store and make sure she's the one selling it to you. Then do the feedback survey at the bottom of the receipt that they always whore out to you. Believe me, managers and district managers pay attention to those surveys. Be sure to be as thorough as possible on the survey and be polite yet firm in letting them know that you did not like the way you were treated.

Just purchased AC Revelations for 20, got home and realized the bonus assassins creed original logo wasn't on the front...guessing that means my copy doesn't include it. Can anyone confirm? It's still in the plastic wrap so i can take it back if needed. I was under the impression that all PS3 copies included the original AC on-disc, but maybe not.

[quote name='JoshTX']Just purchased AC Revelations for 20, got home and realized the bonus assassins creed original logo wasn't on the front...guessing that means my copy doesn't include it. Can anyone confirm? It's still in the plastic wrap so i can take it back if needed. I was under the impression that all PS3 copies included the original AC on-disc, but maybe not.[/QUOTE]

Some PS3 copies do not.

[quote name='JoshTX']Just purchased AC Revelations for 20, got home and realized the bonus assassins creed original logo wasn't on the front...guessing that means my copy doesn't include it. Can anyone confirm? It's still in the plastic wrap so i can take it back if needed. I was under the impression that all PS3 copies included the original AC on-disc, but maybe not.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was Signature Edition>>>

The copies that have AC1 have a picture on the cover and on the disc itself.

Store south of where I work has 1-2 signature ps3 editions left. They're opened but in new condition and I can confirm they have the DLC inserts still in them.

I saw that :wii:Udraw tablet with game for $29.99 didnt see it that price online. I'm tempted to get it for my kid for Easter, I'm still on the fence though.

[quote name='Stimes']I saw that :wii:Udraw tablet with game for $29.99 didnt see it that price online. I'm tempted to get it for my kid for Easter, I'm still on the fence though.[/QUOTE]

Do not know for sure but I got one from Toys R Us for 25 for my son for easter granted PS3 through :/ worth a check to save 5$ from one dad to another:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You should buy something from that store and make sure she's the one selling it to you. Then do the feedback survey at the bottom of the receipt that they always whore out to you. Believe me, managers and district managers pay attention to those surveys. Be sure to be as thorough as possible on the survey and be polite yet firm in letting them know that you did not like the way you were treated.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I still have the receipt from my initial purchase. Thanks. I couldn't care less what type of day you're having just don't take it out on me. That shit wouldn't fly where I work and I don't bring that sort of attitude with me to begin with.

[quote name='bjstucker']Do not know for sure but I got one from Toys R Us for 25 for my son for easter granted PS3 through :/ worth a check to save 5$ from one dad to another:lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man but thing money's tight and I have 28.XX in GS credit. Also the wii's in a different room for the kid, I'm always on the PS3, lol.

Bought 6 games today...Immediately traded-in the first set's Mass Effect 3, then used the credit to purchase my other set of three games.

In total...

$86 for LoZ: Skyward Sword and Super Mario Galaxy 2...And another $8 for Monster Hunter Tri, Okami, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Thanks everyone for the insight on the sale...And notice that ME3 was still being taken for $30 trade-in. I absolutely love confused GS employees, and thinking of ways to save money on the fly.

[quote name='GoVols']How much points is the 20% off used game coupon?[/QUOTE]

It was 3500 but that steel of the week is dead now. The new one is 15$ off any used game for 10,000 points if I'm not mistaken

Just to confirm (in case anyone is wondering or if I missed it), the Complete Edition of L.A. Noire is $19.99, as the ad states. Picked up a copy earlier (as well as 3 others in the B2G1).

[quote name='Burning Karma']Just to confirm (in case anyone is wondering or if I missed it), the Complete Edition of L.A. Noire is $19.99, as the ad states. Picked up a copy earlier (as well as 3 others in the B2G1).[/QUOTE]

Yikes... that would be great, but it looks like it's more expensive online :(

EDIT: Oh I see... that's just new. It stinks when they inflate the used price and make it unattractive to put into a B2G1

[quote name='midloo']Yikes... that would be great, but it looks like it's more expensive online :(

EDIT: Oh I see... that's just new. It stinks when they inflate the used price and make it unattractive to put into a B2G1[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, I've read posts on here where the used version is around $17.99 in stores. YMMV on that, though, as I didn't see any used copies at my local GameStop while I was there.

Bought White Knight Chronicles 2 today. Of course it was the last gutted copy. When I got home I noticed the disc was smudged, but the online pass worked.

What pisses me off is I bought Bayonetta from Amazon Warehouse Deals like a month or so ago, in used, like new condition and the disc is perfect but apparently this "new" copy of WKC 2 from Gamestop has smudges on the disc. How the fuck does that work?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Bought White Knight Chronicles 2 today. Of course it was the last gutted copy. When I got home I noticed the disc was smudged, but the online pass worked.

What pisses me off is I bought Bayonetta from Amazon Warehouse Deals like a month or so ago, in used, like new condition and the disc is perfect but apparently this "new" copy of WKC 2 from Gamestop has smudges on the disc. How the fuck does that work?[/QUOTE]

Either from them handling it and putting their fingers all over or they sold you a used copy for new price...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Bought White Knight Chronicles 2 today. Of course it was the last gutted copy. When I got home I noticed the disc was smudged, but the online pass worked.

What pisses me off is I bought Bayonetta from Amazon Warehouse Deals like a month or so ago, in used, like new condition and the disc is perfect but apparently this "new" copy of WKC 2 from Gamestop has smudges on the disc. How the fuck does that work?[/QUOTE]
Since it's not their property I've seen some of the employees palm the read side of discs before with their greasy hands leaving a big ol' handprint all over the bottom of the disc.

I've also bought newsed games from them before that had a coating of dirt/dust/grime on the bottom of them.

I think just like any retail job, some of these GS employees just don't give a shit.

I'm thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY, but I want to know, what exactly does "Mature Humor" mean? Like, I mean, what's in the game? to get that tag?

[quote name='Obiwan456']I'm thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY, but I want to know, what exactly does "Mature Humor" mean? Like, I mean, what's in the game? to get that tag?[/QUOTE]
Probably has to do with some of the things claptrap says. I can't recall off hand but it wasn't anything really bad.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I'm thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY, but I want to know, what exactly does "Mature Humor" mean? Like, I mean, what's in the game? to get that tag?[/QUOTE]

Penis jokes, vagina jokes, bosses that look like phallic symbols, etc etc.

Hmm, guess I'll have to look into it a bit. Hope it's not too bad. Want to give this a shot, seeing as I haven't seen anyone give this a bad review.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Hmm, guess I'll have to look into it a bit. Hope it's not too bad. Want to give this a shot, seeing as I haven't seen anyone give this a bad review.[/QUOTE]Its a fantastic game IMHO, definitely in my top 5 all time.

Yeah, exactly, that's what I've read everywhere, so I want to give it a shot, but just got to make sure about the sexual jokes and stuff like that.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Yeah, exactly, that's what I've read everywhere, so I want to give it a shot, but just got to make sure about the sexual jokes and stuff like that.[/QUOTE]
Its really not too bad, nothing any worse than that short clip I posted. Do you have kiddos around? is that your reason behind it?

Eh, I wish. I'm 16, and I let my mom know about what's in the games I want to buy. So, I need to know how bad it is so I can tell her and get her permission.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Eh, I wish. I'm 16, and I let my mom know about what's in the games I want to buy. So, I need to know how bad it is so I can tell her and get her permission.[/QUOTE]Yeah that might be a tough sale then. Does your mother usually ask employees how games are? I know GS employees are usually pretty honest with parents.

while i want to make fun of u for being 16 and having to ask permission, i admire the fact that you are a teenager being honest with your mom- hold on to that quality young one.
borderlands goty will only get cheaper, im sure you can find similar/other games to play for the next 2 years.

[quote name='technicalstylez']while i want to make fun of u for being 16 and having to ask permission, i admire the fact that you are a teenager being honest with your mom- hold on to that quality young one.
borderlands goty will only get cheaper, im sure you can find similar/other games to play for the next 2 years.[/QUOTE]:applause: sadly a quality many of our youth is missing these days

No, my mom doesn't ask employees, mainly because she already knows all about the games going in.

And thanks technical. I figure it's easier to ask her and get a no than to buy it then have her find out about it later.

[quote name='technicalstylez']while i want to make fun of u for being 16 and having to ask permission, i admire the fact that you are a teenager being honest with your mom- hold on to that quality young one.
borderlands goty will only get cheaper, im sure you can find similar/other games to play for the next 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Here here. That said, its a fantastic game and well worth the $20 price tag.

[quote name='Obiwan456']No, my mom doesn't ask employees, mainly because she already knows all about the games going in.

And thanks technical. I figure it's easier to ask her and get a no than to buy it then have her find out about it later.[/QUOTE]

Good on your mom for keeping informed, and good on you for being honest.
At 10 and 13, my kids are still too young for M-rated games, but it never fails to amaze me how many of their friends are playing the same stuff I am (Dead Island, GTA, etc)

bread's done
Back