GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']IIRC it has four discs. I haven't started it yet, it's in my backlog.

What made of buy it twice? Did you never play your first copy?[/QUOTE]

i played it first for ps3 and loved it, recentley i bought a 360 and wanted to get the complete edition for all the DLC.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']might be four discs according to that guy, the vanilla copy only has 3, so i guess the dlc is on the 4th, sorry bout that, assume you just install the dlc tho[

thats cool dude, no problemo

I picked up Assassins Creed Revelations Signature Edition for ps3. I figured the signature edition is worth it since it comes with the first game also and the dlc...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I picked up Assassins Creed Revelations Signature Edition for ps3. I figured the signature edition is worth it since it comes with the first game also and the dlc...[/QUOTE]

You'd think that then you play the first one and begin to wonder why a game so damn repitive with a insane store got a sequel.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You'd think that then you play the first one and begin to wonder why a game so damn repitive with a insane store got a sequel.[/QUOTE]

The way to look at the AC series is that starts with AC2 and the first is just a prequel that isn't required to complete the actual story.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Always ps3 for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Actually in most capcom games the ps3 has more input lag. I think its at least 1 frame.

I always get my fighters on PS3, 360 tends to be more.....rage quit-ey....

Though, i do enjoy playing on 360 too, many more mic users which means more hilarity

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Sooo anyone wanna help me try to get Amazon to PM Gamestop's price for Catherine? ;)[/QUOTE]

Ask them to BEAT the price.

[quote name='shoe478']Ask them to BEAT the price.[/QUOTE]

^. It really oughta be lower than 30 considering how long it's been out.

[quote name='redmangoose']^. It really oughta be lower than 30 considering how long it's been out.[/QUOTE]

some games hold their price, especially if it's out of print

The three games I wanted the most were King of Fighters XIII, GTa4: Complete Edition and AC:R. I went to my closest GameStop yesterday before I went grocery shopping and quickly found KoF. I looked for the other two and I couldn't find a single copy but for some reason, I wasn't that bummed out. I recently finished up GTA4 and thought, "Oh, it'd be nice to finish this game then play the DLC too!" but in actuality, no. I think the game is fun and all but the map is the second to worst map I've ever played (second to GTAIII). Having to do more missions for characters I don't care about should not worry me. I just like complete versions of games but in the end, fuck it, I'll just wait for GTAV. Then the AC:R thing. Bottom line is: that game will one day soon, just drop to $20 universally and it won't matter to me that it was on sale at GameStop. It won't matter. fuck it. Wait a little longer. Just bought a nice discounted 3DS case instead. Finally an easy way to carry it and some games. One case is $10 off and another is $5 off.

^

You are missing out big honestly. Sure, the map may not be to your taste but the stories and missions are considerably better in The Lost and Damned and Gay Tony. New Weapons/Vehicles/Parachute make the experience even better.

Free mode multiplayer is also a better experience with the new tools.

Just a heads up: my copy of KOF XIII came with the 4-disc-soundtrack. This might be very YMMV, so check your local Gamestops.

BTW, the game is A M A Z I N G. Such a big improvement over KOF XII.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']theres only 3 discs, honestly I don't have a problem with swapping discs, not that big of a deal to me, i guess to some it could get annoying, if you play from across the room, but due to eye problems I have to sit pretty close anyway[/QUOTE]

I've been playing LA Noire CE on 360 and haven't had to swap discs yet ... All discs are installed to the harddrive. I have played the DLC included (several cases) without the inconvenience of swapping discs. I don't think it's that big of a deal either.

Are people getting the AC:R Signature Edition for $19.99?

I see the MK Komplete is only $30 if you're a Power Up Rewards member - can I still get the game if I only have the free PUR membership?

[quote name='bellenoire2005']I've been playing LA Noire CE on 360 and haven't had to swap discs yet ... All discs are installed to the harddrive. I have played the DLC included (several cases) without the inconvenience of swapping discs. I don't think it's that big of a deal either.

Are people getting the AC:R Signature Edition for $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Even if all discs are on the hard drive you would still need to swap discs. I know I had too when I was playing Noire.

[quote name='flameo2000']I see the MK Komplete is only $30 if you're a Power Up Rewards member - can I still get the game if I only have the free PUR membership?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Has anyone successfully PM'd MK Komplete at Best Buy (I have BB GCs that I'd like to use)? I'm going to try to PM today with a physical ad from GS. I'm anticipating possible resistance since the ad states it's for PUR members only (although I'll counter that I'm an RZ member and that it's a similar program).

[quote name='SleepingVu']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Guess I'll be stopping over today to get it.

Had to pickup MK complete even though i gameshare the DLC already from when i had the vanilla copy. I have too much GS credit to unload.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']Just a heads up: my copy of KOF XIII came with the 4-disc-soundtrack. This might be very YMMV, so check your local Gamestops.

BTW, the game is A M A Z I N G. Such a big improvement over KOF XII.[/QUOTE]

I got a 360 version with soundtrack cds too; all truly "new" versions of this game SHOULD include the soundtrack cds; if not, someone removed them. I ordered a PS3 version from Amazon as well to support SNK Playmore for future releases.

I actually think Gamestop might be having a sale around June or so (their game days sale), because I went to my local Gamestop today and there were no bins with games out, nothing about saying games are on sale, no nothing. This seems like more of a just random bonus sale on games.

Did not pick up anything of the sale (I was buying a Eternal Sonata for my GF), although I may go back later in the week for WKC 2.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Has anyone successfully PM'd MK Komplete at Best Buy (I have BB GCs that I'd like to use)? I'm going to try to PM today with a physical ad from GS. I'm anticipating possible resistance since the ad states it's for PUR members only (although I'll counter that I'm an RZ member and that it's a similar program).[/QUOTE]

I did this yesterday. Other than the usual "Taking forever to study the ad, and waiting for manager to come over to override price" factor, it was pretty painless.
I was ready with the RZ program defense, but never had to use it. The employee noticed the PUR requirement, and asked to see my gamestop PUR card (!), but it was fairly simple.

Gonna go today to try and get ME3 even though I haven't even beaten ME1 when I have 1 & 2. :D Looking for a used copy so with my PUR and a 20% off B-Day coupon I got It'll be like ~$30. I wanna cancel 2 pre-orders so I don't have to use cash because I've got a $20 GC but now I feel bad whenever I cancel a pre-order. :(

[quote name='flameo2000']I see the MK Komplete is only $30 if you're a Power Up Rewards member - can I still get the game if I only have the free PUR membership?[/QUOTE]

I tried 3 different Gamestops to get MK Komplete and while at first it rang up $29.99, it then reverted back to $59.99. I have the PUR free card and all 3 locations told me that it was for PUR Pro Members only and try to sign me up. I said "eff that" to all 3. I'm hoping I can PM this at Best Buy. I just need one of those flyers.

[quote name='worrybomb']I tried 3 different Gamestops to get MK Komplete and while at first it rang up $29.99, it then reverted back to $59.99. I have the PUR free card and all 3 locations told me that it was for PUR Pro Members only and try to sign me up. I said "eff that" to all 3. I'm hoping I can PM this at Best Buy. I just need one of those flyers.[/QUOTE]

I got one of those gamestop flyers through my mailbox, would that be good enough to PM to BB? I would like MK Komplete, I just hate buying games through gamestop? Don't wanna step foot inside that store if I don't have to.

[quote name='worrybomb']I tried 3 different Gamestops to get MK Komplete and while at first it rang up $29.99, it then reverted back to $59.99. I have the PUR free card and all 3 locations told me that it was for PUR Pro Members only and try to sign me up. I said "eff that" to all 3. I'm hoping I can PM this at Best Buy. I just need one of those flyers.[/QUOTE]

That's strange, I am not even a pro-level member, but was able to get it at the sale price without any trouble yesterday. As for the PM to BBuy, I think you should be fine. I actually got WKCII yesterday at BBuy with Gamestop's sales flyer 'cause my local Gamestop was out of sealed copy.

Picked up RDR GOTY and Borderlands GOTY. Been wanting RDR for the longest time but didn't have the cash when Amazon had it for that price. Played Borderlands before and really liked it but it wasn't my game :( Great deals IMO. Thanks TC

And for those wondering, RDR GOTY was sealed but Borderlands wasn't. It was their last copy and the discs/case/manuals were in great condition so I didn't mind it. Almost picked up Dead Rising for $5 but it didn't have the original case or manual.

Amazon matched the $39.99 price for Amalur. I don't want to make a new thread for it because the CAG in me says it's not a deal.

Cheapy's Cut Link (360)

Unfortunately, the currently-watching-Game-Of-Thrones-gamer in me says I think I must buy it. Playing it for 10 hours non-stop last week (rental) barely scratched the surface on the game and I need more...

Walked into GameStop, immediately grabbed their ad and walked out. Got my price match for MK: Komplete & WKCII with no problem.

That's why I love BB.

Went back a couple pages and didn't see anything, so just in case it hasn't been covered, the $10 off Vita games coupon does not stack on Hot Shots, unless you get a lucky manager to help you out.

[quote name='Kerig']Amazon matched the $39.99 price for Amalur. I don't want to make a new thread for it because the CAG in me says it's not a deal.

Cheapy's Cut Link (360)

Unfortunately, the currently-watching-Game-Of-Thrones-gamer in me says I think I must buy it. Playing it for 10 hours non-stop last week (rental) barely scratched the surface on the game and I need more...[/QUOTE]

Dude Skyrim and Dragons Dogma have more value and action then Amalur.

This game is worth $29.99 at least. Not 59 or 39.99 Its so underrated its disgusting.

I saw a walkthrough of it and i am like "Why are people buying this?" just for the combat system?

Seriously you should of waited for it to drop to $29.99

Skyrim is at a least worth 60 because of the endless 500 hours of Gameplay

Dragons Dogma isnt even out yet and that Game looks so good!

yeah not worth 39.99 this isnt a deal at all. $20 off nah

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']Dude Skyrim and Dragons Dogma have more value and action then Amalur.

This game is worth $29.99 at least. Not 59 or 39.99 Its so underrated its disgusting.

I saw a walkthrough of it and i am like "Why are people buying this?" just for the combat system?

yeah not worth 39.99 this isnt a deal at all. $20 off nah[/QUOTE]

I remember the good ole days when people were still entitled to their own opinions. ;)

[quote name='KishPrime']Went back a couple pages and didn't see anything, so just in case it hasn't been covered, the $10 off Vita games coupon does not stack on Hot Shots, unless you get a lucky manager to help you out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it required an override to stack with the sale price. Also, the coupon expired yesterday, I believe.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']Dude Skyrim and Dragons Dogma have more value and action then Amalur.

You have no right to say Dragon's Dogma is better when the game isn't even out yet. Kingdoms of Amalur is a great game and if he wants to buy it for $40, let him, because that's a great price for a great game.

[quote name='PokemonRexRay']
This game is worth $29.99 at least. Not 59 or 39.99 Its so underrated its disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Ignoring your "my opinion is fact" rant. I find it funny how you don't have a firm grasp of the English language. So it's worth at least $30, so then it should be worth $40. Also, you say it's underrated yet you proceed to bash it. Good job at failing to bash the game properly.

I did about everything Skyrim had to offer in 60 hours. Leveled up every stat to 100, did every major and guild quest and probably most of the sidequests. And that with dealing with playing it on the PS3 pre-patches. Great game, nowhere close to 500 hours. And for me, very little replay value because the main storyline sucks compared to Oblivion.

[quote name='Kerig']Amazon matched the $39.99 price for Amalur. I don't want to make a new thread for it because the CAG in me says it's not a deal.

Cheapy's Cut Link (360)

Unfortunately, the currently-watching-Game-Of-Thrones-gamer in me says I think I must buy it. Playing it for 10 hours non-stop last week (rental) barely scratched the surface on the game and I need more...[/QUOTE]

Wait 2 weeks for Witcher 2, you'll thank me later. Amalur is good but I think Witcher 2 is better, especially if you're such a Game of Thrones fan.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ignoring your "my opinion is fact" rant. I find it funny how you don't have a firm grasp of the English language. So it's worth at least $30, so then it should be worth $40. Also, you say it's underrated yet you proceed to bash it. Good job at failing to bash the game properly.[/QUOTE]

RAWR i just said something mean because I bashed on your fanboy game. Who cares what i say? I didnt call him an idiot or anything. You're just taking my post personally. Reminds me of a guy who is on here who thinks he is a viking, and defriended me because I wrote a status about how bad square is for delaying the crap out of Kingdom Hearts 3. I don't like when fanboys get butt hurt when people say bad things about their games. Its not their mother or family. Its just a video game. People can say what they want as long as they arent hurting anyone. I didnt I just said his post wasnt a deal.

bread's done
Back