GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they at least have 50% trade in bonus promotions? How are they going to compete with BestBuy?
They don't need those. In August they increased all of their trade values and got rid of promotions.

Who needs Best Buy when you got Game Stop and Power Up Rewards? $50 in free coupons every single stinking month.

They don't need those. In August they increased all of their trade values and got rid of promotions.

Who needs Best Buy when you got Game Stop and Power Up Rewards? $50 in free coupons every single stinking month.
4Q8q5Iq.gif.gif

Thanks for the reply

Do they at least have 50% trade in bonus promotions? How are they going to compete with BestBuy?
The only remaining promotion is guaranteed $40 TIV on "hit" PS4/XB1 games & $30 on "hit" PS360 games within their first month of release.

Think AC, Far Cry, CoD, etc.

As of Sunday the old coupon trick still worked. My transaction must have been on an old register. It was my first time ever doing it. It was a complete accident. I was buying a bunch of stuff for the extra coupon to apply to, but they both applied to the same item. Then the $5 coupon was still in my account later. The coupon worked again.

I have no fuck ing clue how to tell registers are old and which are new. Does anyone know how many you can use at once? I only did 2, but I'm assuming you could do 4 or 5 if you find a nice employee to scan them all.
From what I've seen so far, the new POS was being tested out for a short period of time. They stopped using the beta version awhile back already.

If they don't make any changes to the coupon redemption, it'll get patched once it goes live. We just don't know when that's going to happen yet. In the meantime, I've cashed out on all of my points already just in case.

Stewardess, I speak jive! (gibberish).

--I have a wii u coupon that I would like to trade for an "extra 30% trade in value coupon". I want to purchase Metro Dying Light and I have The Evil Within to trade in. I would like to get around $30 credit for trading in The Evil Within.--
Thanks for the translation. Lol

From what I've seen so far, the new POS was being tested out for a short period of time. They stopped using the beta version awhile back already.

If they don't make any changes to the coupon redemption, it'll get patched once it goes live. We just don't know when that's going to happen yet. In the meantime, I've cashed out on all of my points already just in case.
You can identify the new system because after they scan your PUR card, it'll say "welcome <your name>" at the top of the pinpad screen.

Seems like it's proliferating in my area's locations unfortunately. This with not being able to use those coupons on sale items makes points much less valuable. If it comes up again in the Xtra points videos/survey, I'll have to comment that PUR points are less useful now with the no use on sale items restriction. The other one was a glitch which they didn't intend. I may just have to start draining my points on physical items now.

the mm thread has stated gamestop will not be doing in store pre orders of majoras mask tomorrow but I called again and was told they were. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE

the mm thread has stated gamestop will not be doing in store pre orders of majoras mask tomorrow but I called again and was told they were. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE
I preordered the base game at like Thanksgiving. The limited edition was available for about 30 seconds today.

I was wondering if the code SAVER will work with other types of preorders( collectors edition, amiibo etc.)

Or Did they get rid of the code all together?

Sorry if this has been asked I looked back a few weeks and couldn't find an answer, also read the original post.

I was wondering if the code SAVER will work with other types of preorders( collectors edition, amiibo etc.)

Or Did they get rid of the code all together?

Sorry if this has been asked I looked back a few weeks and couldn't find an answer, also read the original post.
Saver expired (supposed to be replaced with something) but it never worked on pre-orders.

So the coupon trick will work with any register right now (until the new patch goes live)? I'm sitting on over 60,000 points and trying to figure out the safest course of action. I'm ready to go big, but I'd hate to blow everything in one go if I happen to use a new register with the beta version or whatever.

Coupon trick?
Use multiple (different) $$-off "$$-Off The Purchase of Any One GameStop Item" coupons in a single transaction.

The register applies all discounts - yet only the highest value coupon will disappear from Active Offers, allowing you to use the same coupon multiple times.

Use multiple (different) $$-off coupons in a single transaction.

The register applies all discounts - yet only the highest value coupon will disappear from Active Offers, allowing you to use the same coupon multiple times.
Also note that the trick only works for the "$xx off a single item" coupons, not the used-game coupons.

yes tale of xillia 2 is on sale and tales of hearts both games r usedi n stock swwooping them up in bout 15 mins have 2 5 off coupons making the total 40 bux plus tax also got kh 2 2 round 25 new sunday 3 rpgs for price ofo ne retail gamep lus tax thism onth im good for month january now

So I guess I'm not alone when it was New Year's week and for some reason the $XX coupon wouldn't disappear after being used. They even combined with the $5 Kong coupon so it was like...oh, I'm finally getting my money's worth out of Gamestop. On top of that, looks like my account is still OK...of course, I don't have that many points to lose right now.

So the coupon trick will work with any register right now (until the new patch goes live)? I'm sitting on over 60,000 points and trying to figure out the safest course of action. I'm ready to go big, but I'd hate to blow everything in one go if I happen to use a new register with the beta version or whatever.
I actually asked about this last night at my local GS and just as a disclaimer the keyholder on duty was the one of the less knowledgable ones there but according to him each store actually should be using the new POS on at least one register by now. The other registers are on the old POS and from what he understands, all registers will be updated to the new POS by the end of this month.

So the taco bell GC I purchased the other day down in Pittsburgh was post voided shortly after I left. (per TB customer support)

Time to get a hold of the DM for down there...

So the taco bell GC I purchased the other day down in Pittsburgh was post voided shortly after I left. (per TB customer support)

Employee must've deactivated yours to get their own for their lunch break :D

So I didn't see this posted. Just saw I have a $20 off afterglow and $10 off extreme 7" tablet in my active offers.
I wonder if that is the same tablet as the $50 Black Friday one.

What a dick nozzle.

scary, make me hesitant to get a burger king gift card from there. craving some double whooper from bk

scary, make me hesitant to get a burger king gift card from there. craving some double whooper from bk
I left a message on the tellgamestop website requesting the DM contact me. I mentioned that I would prefer to resolve it without filing a police report for theft, but I would if needed.

Considering the $450 worth of PUR pointed I've earned in the last two years have almost exclusively gone to those coupons how did I never hear about that?

Now I gotta know what this BBY GC combining is...someone volunteering to be verbose?
It's long dead now but apparently when you combined GCs for a long time it counted towards your Elite status. So every time you traded something you got them to combine that card with a previous one you had.

Got an email from them yesterday stating that four of the PS3 games I have are worth $54 in trade credit. One of the games I don't have anymore and the other three I'm keeping. I'm surprised the base trade-in values are that high for the games.

NCAA Football 14 - $20 base
Skate 3 - $11 base (checked the app and it shows $12 base)
Blur - $11 base
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition (don't have it) - $11 base

Got an email from them yesterday stating that four of the PS3 games I have are worth $54 in trade credit. One of the games I don't have anymore and the other three I'm keeping. I'm surprised the base trade-in values are that high for the games.

NCAA Football 14 - $20 base
Skate 3 - $11 base (checked the app and it shows $12 base)
Blur - $11 base
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition (don't have it) - $11 base
Well NCAA 14 is the last of the line and fetches a pretty penny. Blur was Bizzare's second to last game and was a fairly low print run. Skate 3 wasn't a huge print run I don't think (didn't sell as well as the first two) but kind of weird on that and MK.

Well NCAA 14 is the last of the line and fetches a pretty penny. Blur was Bizzare's second to last game and was a fairly low print run. Skate 3 wasn't a huge print run I don't think (didn't sell as well as the first two) but kind of weird on that and MK.
I forgot to mention that NCAA FB 14 was the last installment in that series and it along with Blur can be very hard to find in my initial post. Skate 3 did seem a bit harder to find than the first two after a certain amount of time. MK Komplete Edition is the strangely on the high side in base trade value considering it may have had longer print run (I don't know for sure).

Last time I saw the base trade-in values for NCAA FB 14, Blur, and Skate 3 they were $16, $8, and $5 respectively. I wonder if the trade-in values went up because stores don't have many copies of those three games if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back