GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still had my Kinect Sport Rivals from the MS store glitch and the trade-in was $24.75 (power pro) so I traded that and a copy of UFC 3 that I picked up from the local pawn for $7 (trade in was $13.20)

^^ from my experience they just put it in a little paper envelope thingy. Only ones with cars are those that have the cases on display are preowned on the wall.

Speaking of cases. I went to GS Thursday to get a used 3ds game and I come to find that this particular store throws away their 3ds cases from trade ins. Like WTF? All of them are in the glass case, the wall is only cases with the "new" sticker on it. The employee told me himself when I went to ask if they had a game and I wanted to know if they had the case for it if they did. I understand DS cases since most stores throw those out but 3ds cases when ya'll still have psp cases on the racks, come on gtfoh. Glad that's the only store that I've come across that does that.

Noob question, guys, but do we get PUR points for buying gift cards? If we don't, then I have been wasting time going to GameStop to buy Shell cards for gas lmao

FWIW, I got a call from the DM that's covering that area in Pittsburgh yesterday at 9:35AM.

He's UPSing me a new gift card.

Also got the email everyone's been mentioning, it showed Angry Birds Star Wars XBO twice with a TIV of $12.

Noob question, guys, but do we get PUR points for buying gift cards? If we don't, then I have been wasting time going to GameStop to buy Shell cards for gas lmao
my issues is i wish gs sells gas cards other than shell. because i have more exxon mobil gas stations near me

You get points for ANY purchases made with PUR card. Bought some Amazon POSA cards the other day.

PUR Pro members get 10% extra points on those purchases as well.

Well NCAA 14 is the last of the line and fetches a pretty penny. Blur was Bizzare's second to last game and was a fairly low print run. Skate 3 wasn't a huge print run I don't think (didn't sell as well as the first two) but kind of weird on that and MK.
PewDePie & other You Tuber's have done tons of videos about Skate 3 so there is demand for that title. Also, GS stopped carrying that game new on PS3 or EA discontinued it on PS3 so it's much harder to get that game on PS3 than on 360, with every GS carrying as many copies of it new as they do Minecraft.

Remember at one point GS was giving $20 plus for LFD 2 & selling it for $45 used.

My old DS Lite is a pain in the ass, I have to jiggle the connector to get it to charge.  Does GS care about that when doing a trade in?  It still charges but it's annoying.

Everyone who frequents this thread probably already assumed this or knew this...

Those Gamestop refurbished xbox 360 consoles? Gamestop refurbished them pretty much using the towel trick. They never even bothered to open them and solder them. We all knew this, but all of a sudden it's a confirmed news story now.

More than a couple times I've been stuck in line behind a customer at Gamestop attempting to use their "warranty" on their Gamestop refurbished old white 360 to no avail. I've also seen uninformed soccer moms buying their young kids a refurbed 360 along with Minecraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqPElZ92FiA

Everyone who frequents this thread probably already assumed this or knew this...

Those Gamestop refurbished xbox 360 consoles? Gamestop refurbished them pretty much using the towel trick. They never even bothered to open them and solder them. We all knew this, but all of a sudden it's a confirmed news story now.

More than a couple times I've been stuck in line behind a customer at Gamestop attempting to use their "warranty" on their Gamestop refurbished old white 360 to no avail. I've also seen uninformed soccer moms buying their young kids a refurbed 360 along with Minecraft.

alot of people on this site were running to buy used xbox 360 consoles from gs.com, when they had the $ off coupon offers.

I think they're a shitty company but man that's pretty low.

What's the proof of that guy though, ex employee?

Got an email that my 43 games are worth $1032. Only thing that caught my eye was :ps4: Madden 15 with a base value of $25. I'll go unload that tomorrow before it tanks in three weeks after the Super Bowl. It baffles me that Gamestop doesn't tank the TIV of sports games sooner.

Do not like change. Just picked up Takes of Hearts and One Piece at my number two store and find out that the staff has turned over. Replaced with the shirt of slow moving, unhelpful people that have already made me stop going to two of the for local stores if I have an option. Guy either wouldn't take the Bday coupon or couldn't get it to work so that's another strike against change.

I'm afraid the SM at my number one store may be gone to since I haven't seen him in around a month.

Do not like.

Do not like change. Just picked up Takes of Hearts and One Piece at my number two store and find out that the staff has turned over. Replaced with the shirt of slow moving, unhelpful people that have already made me stop going to two of the for local stores if I have an option. Guy either wouldn't take the Bday coupon or couldn't get it to work so that's another strike against change.

I'm afraid the SM at my number one store may be gone to since I haven't seen him in around a month.

Do not like.
seriously, you think people would want to work at gs for the rest of lives?

Agreed, unless your going to be like half of the DMs at Gamestop who started out as a Manager or something smaller and worked his/her way up.

Does any store take Ethernet cables, I couldn't find one on Gamestop's site.

We have 2 people in our area that are lifers.

Ed has been with Gamestop (Babbage's before, I think) for 19 years. Dude is probably one of the best managers, and a helpful, game loving dude. He tries to play EVERYTHING and knows a little about everything that they have on the shelves.

Candace has been there for 9, at my local store since it opened in 2008. She also runs a tight ship. Great store, and I'm glad to say I go there a lot because the people are cool. Her staff has been essentially unchanged for 4 years. Good people.

My friend Greg was there for a while, but he got fired.

Anyone know where you get a list of gs store closing? It seem one of the nearby store closed recently. Got a 30% bonus trade in coupon.

Do not like.
Which store? SM at the gratiot center is gone I liked him a lot. A lot of people left when corporate did something they all didn't agree with.

Anyone know where you get a list of gs store closing? It seem one of the nearby store closed recently. Got a 30% bonus trade in coupon.
The only way I know of is looking at the store list on the website for a missing store. Or going to a local store and asking while in there.

Of course not. These are people I actually like so I don't want them to have been let go or shuffled off to the other side of town or something.
most of the people that i know, who left gs. left on their own, to go on to do better things, and have better jobs.

We have 2 people in our area that are lifers.

Ed has been with Gamestop (Babbage's before, I think) for 19 years. Dude is probably one of the best managers, and a helpful, game loving dude. He tries to play EVERYTHING and knows a little about everything that they have on the shelves.

Candace has been there for 9, at my local store since it opened in 2008. She also runs a tight ship. Great store, and I'm glad to say I go there a lot because the people are cool. Her staff has been essentially unchanged for 4 years. Good people.

My friend Greg was there for a while, but he got fired.
did your friend greg, try to steal stuff from gs.

That's the one.

Any idea what the awful corporate change is?
I'll laugh if it involves pushing the credit card or something involving it.

@CookieParty It is fairly small sorry I don't have anything in that range or above.

That's the one.

Any idea what the awful corporate change is?
Haven't been told yet. I liked him a lot though, great guy. Always took my coupons and gave me swag and stuff. Before he left he over scheduled by like 30 hours or something though I guess. Like the week leading up to Christmas, so the good employees would get good holiday checks lol. His final middle finger to corp.

didn't wanna make a new thread, but looks like gamestop will offer tradeins on 3DS/XL for newer model when it launches.  just a rumor now, but $75 for 3ds and $100 for 3ds XL.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244995-rumor-details-on-gamestop-s-3ds-trade-in-deals-towards-new-3ds

i have a zelda gold 3ds xl and kids have a red one, not sure if i should trade one or not when the time comes.  might prefer to wait and see what custom skins they release later in the year.  

gamestop will probably let you do a license transfer in store or maybe let you take it home and come back for the $100 TIV, since nintendo is still stuck in the 90s and has insanely archaic systems for transferring electronic licenses and save data.

didn't wanna make a new thread, but looks like gamestop will offer tradeins on 3DS/XL for newer model when it launches. just a rumor now, but $75 for 3ds and $100 for 3ds XL.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244995-rumor-details-on-gamestop-s-3ds-trade-in-deals-towards-new-3ds

i have a zelda gold 3ds xl and kids have a red one, not sure if i should trade one or not when the time comes. might prefer to wait and see what custom skins they release later in the year.

gamestop will probably let you do a license transfer in store or maybe let you take it home and come back for the $100 TIV, since nintendo is still stuck in the 90s and has insanely archaic systems for transferring electronic licenses and save data.

Man I can't give up this Zelda one but I have a 2ds I got cheap I might sell if they do anything for it (doubt it) fingers crossed.

$100 is just disgustingly bad but TIVs on 3DS systems have not been good in general.

Haven't been told yet. I liked him a lot though, great guy. Always took my coupons and gave me swag and stuff. Before he left he over scheduled by like 30 hours or something though I guess. Like the week leading up to Christmas, so the good employees would get good holiday checks lol. His final middle finger to corp.
Yeah I liked him.

did your friend greg, try to steal stuff from gs.
LOL, well funny, I was told by another manager he got canned because of LP.

He used to run a game shop where we played Magic and Heroclix, long story short, stuff came up missing there, as well.

Maybe he's not really so much of a "friend" as he is "guy who works at places I go and I talk to often."

Now I wonder what happened to him.

$100 is just disgustingly bad but TIVs on 3DS systems have not been good in general.
$yeah if it were like 150 I might think of trading my zelda, but at$100 I'm good. If that true I'm thinking the N3DS will be around $180. Maybe 200 and then 230-250 for and N3DS XL. But If they're phasing out the old models as they did in Japan, then I don't see them going higher than 180regular/200XL.

LOL, well funny, I was told by another manager he got canned because of LP.

He used to run a game shop where we played Magic and Heroclix, long story short, stuff came up missing there, as well.

Maybe he's not really so much of a "friend" as he is "guy who works at places I go and I talk to often."

Now I wonder what happened to him.
Check the local court records?

So I was just looking at my receipt from earlier and realizing that the price still seemed weird. Turn out that it did take the Bday coupon but even though my PUR is on there they didn't stack? Did I get screwed in a whole new and exciting way or did they change it so it doesn't stack?

$yeah if it were like 150 I might think of trading my zelda, but at$100 I'm good. If that true I'm thinking the N3DS will be around $180. Maybe 200 and then 230-250 for and N3DS XL. But If they're phasing out the old models as they did in Japan, then I don't see them going higher than 180regular/200XL.
I don't know, I would think 200/250 would be where they launch. Nintendo said outright that we were getting it yet because they felt that they could sell a lot more regular 3DS units here first. It's a round number and then they can drop the 3DS models down a bit which is over due when the last drop was two years ago.

I really need a good TIV though since my system's developing some issues and wouldn't want to deal with selling it to someone.

Too bad this hasn't been converted (i know PC stuff doesn't get converted), apparently was sitting in the back for the last three years:

2q3btd1.jpg

$150 no thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back