GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
noticed this while going through some PUR Xtra Points offers ..

assuming this is upcoming since start date is in the future

pIA0Yqx.png

Just in case no one has seen it yet, you can get $100 for a 3DS XL/PS Vita or $75 for a 3DS/2DS. 

Also anyone know if you can trade one of each? I remember they had similar promos before, but I do not remember if you could only do one system or not.

Just in case no one has seen it yet, you can get $100 for a 3DS XL/PS Vita or $75 for a 3DS/2DS.

Also anyone know if you can trade one of each? I remember they had similar promos before, but I do not remember if you could only do one system or not.
Is it live in-store already?

Is it live in-store already?
Not sure, but it is on the trade in page at the very bottom. I did call about it and my store's manager wasn't sure if it was or not. He said come in and try. I will tomorrow, I'll give you a better update then.

Here it is:

928x260_3dstradev2.jpg

I am pretty sure you can only trade one system towards it. You might find a manager who would be willing to do an override though.

I am pretty sure you can only trade one system towards it. You might find a manager who would be willing to do an override though.
It doesn't seem to differ from the other ones this past year (Found this through a google search):

http://slickdeals.net/f/7162042-gamestop-150-credit-towards-ps4-when-you-trade-in-ps3-or-xbox-360

IIRC, I do believe some CAGs were able to trade in more than one. I'm trying to look for the previous threads to confirm this was the case.

Not sure, but it is on the trade in page at the very bottom. I did call about it and my store's manager wasn't sure if it was or not. He said come in and try. I will tomorrow, I'll give you a better update then.

Here it is:

928x260_3dstradev2.jpg
I have this one to trade in: http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/112588
I might go today. What do I need to do to be able to re-download my digital games? I have Dream Team on the sd card also but I'm assuming that won't work on a different 3DS

I'm also close to 50,000 points, so I'm definitely spending my points on the $50 off coupon to make it cheaper

I might go today. What do I need to do to be able to re-download my digital games? I have Dream Team on the sd card also but I'm assuming that won't work on a different 3DS

I'm also close to 50,000 points, so I'm definitely spending my points on the $50 off coupon to make it cheaper
You have to have another 3DS or 2DS to be able to transfer your data to.
If you don't, you lose the license and can't download it again for free. It's not linked to Nintendo ID, it is linked to console.

You will have to redownload and transfer the licenses by calling or transferring.

You have to have another 3DS or 2DS to be able to transfer your data to.
If you don't, you lose the license and can't download it again for free. It's not linked to Nintendo ID, it is linked to console.
This is what I feared

You will have to redownload and transfer the licenses by calling or transferring.
Does calling really work? I've heard that it varies from case to case.

I'm debating just keeping my 3ds until the new one comes out

Its pretty shitty gamestop is doing that since they damn well know you need to have both systems to transfer your stuff over. Honestly glad I got a pre-order in at Best Buy because i really hate giving money to gamestop now

I'm not risking losing all my Nintendo stuff. I play my 3DS every day, nearly. I can't imagine giving it to GameStop and losing everything.

Have a Zelda one preordered at Best Buy. I'll just wait and trade it in to Gamestop or sell on eBay after I get my new system.

I was also wondering about the process of transferring content to the new 3DS from an old one.

I was looking at this: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13996

It says you transfer the content by copying the data from your SD card of the old 3DS to the micro SD card of the new 3DS and make sure not to sign in to a Nintendo Network ID before doing so.

So I'm guessing you don't necessarily need the old 3DS to transfer the content to the new one? Just have the data on the memory card saved on your PC, I think.

If anyone else has any ideas on this that would be great. :)

Did anyone else get blocked from doing a trade in because the game was pennied out even though the website still says they take them?

I was going to argue but it was just 25 cents.

Also I have two people at my home getting Gamestop PUR but we didn't get two magazines just one is that normal?

We both did it so we get physical mags fyi or should we wait a couple of days. 

I was also wondering about the process of transferring content to the new 3DS from an old one.

I was looking at this: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13996

It says you transfer the content by copying the data from your SD card of the old 3DS to the micro SD card of the new 3DS and make sure not to sign in to a Nintendo Network ID before doing so.

So I'm guessing you don't necessarily need the old 3DS to transfer the content to the new one? Just have the data on the memory card saved on your PC, I think.

If anyone else has any ideas on this that would be great. :)
You need both consoles in hand, with a Wi-Fi connection, and the transfer app from the Nintendo Digital Store.

You can use the PC to copy memory cards, but the licenses are tied to the console. That pretty much means yes, you have the files, but the 3DS does not have permission to run the programs. Having both consoles allows you to transfer that license to the other machine.

Did anyone else get blocked from doing a trade in because the game was pennied out even though the website still says they take them?

Also I have two people at my home getting Gamestop PUR but we didn't get two magazines just one is that normal?

I had a problem with this too. I had to call them to fix it. Basically the woman told me that their system cannot distinguish two people at the same address.

That trade in deal is quite the rip-off unless you own a common 3ds and it's in extremely poor condition. Most of those systems will easily fetch more than $100 on Amazon or Craigslist. Anyone with a special edition should think twice, Gamestop feeds off ignorance.

That trade in deal is quite the rip-off unless you own a common 3ds and it's in extremely poor condition. Most of those systems will easily fetch more than $100 on Amazon or Craigslist. Anyone with a special edition should think twice, Gamestop feeds off ignorance.
I traded a aqua blue in for $75, I would have sold it on eBay but the system was starting to stop reading game cartridges, so I got rid of it ASAP.

I just looked on Gamestop's website and saw that they jacked up the price of used copies of NCAA Football 14 and Skate 3 (PS3) by five bucks. They're now $45 and $25 respectively, that explains the sudden jump in trade-in values for both games.

What game?

Have you guys recieved the print edition of game informer with uncharted 4 on the cover yet?
I did. I apparently don't know what year it is and assumed it was for Uncharted 3.

Yeah and it will be annoying to do the transfer but oh well, it's not like something you're ever going to take out again unless you're dopey enough to get a card smaller than 32GB.

Yeah, I really hate this sort of thing because there's all sorts of risk with it and usually take the easy money but it's a $40-50 difference after fees and shipping instead of the around $20 difference you see with this sort of stuff.

I've been wanting to upgrade to a Xl for a while but decided to wait on the NEW. I'm tempted to trade my cosmo black 3ds since I got it for $70 from Sears almost two years ago. It would depend on if the person at GS would let me do the transfer in store. Not sure if they have wifi, but there's a Panera Bread next door that has wifi I think. Release day being the last day of the deal makes it seem like it could be a hassle. Seems like Feb.13 is going to be a busy day at GS. I'm going to get my Mega Man amiibo preorder on the first. I'll talk to the manager then to see. Could be a good deal for people like me but I'm not willing to lose the digital games I have.

You need both consoles in hand, with a Wi-Fi connection, and the transfer app from the Nintendo Digital Store.

You can use the PC to copy memory cards, but the licenses are tied to the console. That pretty much means yes, you have the files, but the 3DS does not have permission to run the programs. Having both consoles allows you to transfer that license to the other machine.
Thanks for the info! I had a feeling the process was going to be harder than that... :/

This confirms what you just said: http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/feature/3DS/How-to-System-transfer-to-the-New-Nintendo-3DS/1908

Guess I wont be trading in my normal 3DS for the new one, I have too many games and themes on it. :/

It actually wasn't a game but a carrying case for the DS. I guess it isn't a big enough deal for me to try another store. I suppose if you get a careless employee he might let you buy and trade in until you get enough credit.
Do you by any chance have the sku for the pennied version?

Do you by any chance have the sku for the pennied version?
There isn't a SKU it is a generic accessory value.

I had two one pink and another one was a black nerf DS case. They said they would of taken them if they weren't pennied out and I hope whatever your planning succeeds.

Edit: I guess there might be a SKU but I don't know it.

So I did the promo today and was able to trade BOTH a 3DS XL and PS Vita for those wondering. It's odd though, they charged me $201.49 for my preorder.

So I did the promo today and was able to trade BOTH a 3DS XL and PS Vita for those wondering. It's odd though, they charged me $201.49 for my preorder.
Just return and rebuy when you pick up so you avoid getting charged tax unless your state has you pay tax for your items bought via store credit.

There might have been a tax glitch with the pre order. I wouldn't be surprised if you get $1.49 refund when you pick it up.

I just looked on Gamestop's website and saw that they jacked up the price of used copies of NCAA Football 14 and Skate 3 (PS3) by five bucks. They're now $45 and $25 respectively, that explains the sudden jump in trade-in values for both games.
To be fair look at the price NCAA Football 14 is selling for on Amazon/EBay since it's the last college football game. Also Skate 3 has been made more popular by PewDiePie and other YouTuber's making videos about it. Either GS stopped buying EA's PS3 inventory of the game (see the LFD 1/2 debacle of 2012-13,) or EA made the PS3 version OoP so there's a gap between demand and supply.

To be fair look at the price NCAA Football 14 is selling for on Amazon/EBay since it's the last college football game. Also Skate 3 has been made more popular by PewDiePie and other YouTuber's making videos about it. Either GS stopped buying EA's PS3 inventory of the game (see the LFD 1/2 debacle of 2012-13,) or EA made the PS3 version OoP so there's a gap between demand and supply.
What I should've said in my intial post is that the $5 raise in price for both games is one factor of the TIVs being higher. It's very true that the price of NCAA Football 14 is decent at GS compared to the prices on Amazon and eBay. I remember looking at the prices for it on eBay and some copies were priced at $80. As for Skate 3 the fact that it has been made more popular a few years after release PewDiePie and other YouTubers says a lot about the game itself and how good it is. I'm glad I got copies of both games before the $5 raise.

Another game that goes for a pretty penny on eBay and Amazon that is still decently priced at GS is NCAA Basketball 10 for $30. Of course it was the last NCAA Basketball game made by EA. Picked up a copy of it again recently. The first time I bought it, it was $35. Shortly after I traded it (foolishy at that) the price went to $40. Again it was still decently priced then compared to eBay and Amazon prices for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back