GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some guidance.

I found and put on hold a preowned copy of Dragon Age for PS4. How it got there I don't know but that doesn't matter.

What I want to know is if I can use a B2G1 coupon to pick up Dragon Age and 2 of those guaranteed 40 dollar games (COD,Halo,and such) and then trade those games in for 87 dollars $ at a later date. It would make Dragon Age cost 15 dollars and the price of a coupon.

Seems like a good deal even though I have to front over 100 bucks. Hope I'm not missing anything. Has anyone here done something like this before? How did it go? Smooth? Not-so-smooth? I'd like to know.
I actually did the same thing last week. I found Dragon Age at my store along with Call of Duty and Sunset Overdrive. I already traded both back in and got about $87.

2. I believe the highest TIV at gamestop right now is $35, and 10% pur pro bumps it up to $38.50. The $40 guarantee, afaik, bumps the total up to $40 NOT the base so your total for two games would be $80, not $88. So you'd pay $20+tax for DA:I which is still damn good.
This is incorrect--you get $40 + 10% of the base, so you would get $43.50 for each guaranteed-TIV game with $35 base. Two such games would total $87, so he'd pay $13+tax for DA: I.

I did this same thing with two copies of Sunset Overdrive and Samurai Warriors 4 ( :ps4:) about two weeks ago.

to add to the list of annoying gamestop employees

I preordered a wii u game (captain toad)

his response "wow the wii u has nothing"

told him smash was good

"I would never spend 390 on one game"

awkward silence
I've heard stuff like this too. What would you disparage the products you're trying to sell? Even if it's friendly conversation with a regular, shouldn't you maintain some enthusiasm for your wares (so to speak)?

yeah your plan will basically work, but two things

1. its very difficult to find all the games you want in ONE store. So the store that has DA:i may not have any used copies of other games with high TIVs. While they can shuffle games around inter-store, I dunno how much of a wait that puts on it.

2. I believe the highest TIV at gamestop right now is $35, and 10% pur pro bumps it up to $38.50. The $40 guarantee, afaik, bumps the total up to $40 NOT the base so your total for two games would be $80, not $88. So you'd pay $20+tax for DA:I which is still damn good.

You may also get a copy of DA:I without the case, as the early trade ins tend to be disc only (CEs steelbook copies people going digital etc) so you'll get that ugly generic case, it may not bother you but that kinda shit bugs the hell out of me. You probably won't get the pre-order/day1 DLCs either, but I don't think any are really critical anyways.

I'd buy in the morning and go back in the evening to trade, or next day. Don't try to do it in the same store visit as the buy, while totally allowed its one of those things where you could get an employee get a stick up their ass.
Vigalante already pointed out your error on number 2 so I'll comment on the rest. It's too easy to just buy the games at different stores then return and rebuy at the store with the 3rd game and use the coupon then. Hell, with the holiday return window he has time to wait for those other games become available.

Around here new releases are almost always available pre-owned (most complete) within a couple days after release. One reason is because most GS managers get games for free and just trade them in. I didn't believe this at first, but I heard it from too many different managers. Most tenured store managers around here also got their choice of next gen system for free, The other reason are the folks who don't pay attention to the online requirement for some games.

We all know the other reason. :shame:

Dude just told me I'm gonna have to buy their usb cable and trade it in lol. It's the guy who I burned on the survey though
I traded that PS3 on Saturday and I didn't have a USB cable. The guy said the same thing but at least he said, "That's like $9 off of your trade so it's not worth it." I had to run back home to grab one - no big deal since my room's swimming in cables right now.

Who else got the "great" $20 coupon on Skylanders for Wii.
Yep, *monotone voice* great coupon. Do you think I should...you know, that gif???

If anyone wants the Skylanders coupon I can trade it for a $15 off any item coupon. PM me if interesred. ;)
mWAj8RU.gif.gif

GS won't give up. I don't want your fucking credit card, k? Thanks for the coupon though, suckers.

Anyways they sent me a "You've been pre-approved for the GS PowerUp Rewards Credit card" thing in the mail. If you get it, open it. There's a $5 off $20 or more coupon in it. Has no EBC code, just a barcode. Expires 12/31/14. Doesn't work on gift cards or dlc.

Haven't traded games in a while ago till today and remembered that they take your id for the trade in. How do you guys get around trading more than the 4 game/monthly limit with different PUR accounts when I think*** trade ins are linked with ids.

Haven't traded games in a while ago till today and remembered that they take your id for the trade in. How do you guys get around trading more than the 4 game/monthly limit with different PUR accounts when I think*** trade ins are linked with ids.
Are you sure they actually enforce the 4 game limit? I have gotten ~$129 from a single trade with over 4 PS3 games (combined w/ an active promo).

I did a trade in earlier, the scanners were down, so they actually had everyone to dip their fingers in black ink and press down on a piece of paper.

Felt ghetto as all hell.

I did a trade in earlier, the scanners were down, so they actually had everyone to dip their fingers in black ink and press down on a piece of paper.

Felt ghetto as all hell.
I think they have been having system problems lately. I did a trade in Sunday and had to do the same thing due to the scanners being down.

GS won't give up. I don't want your fucking credit card, k? Thanks for the coupon though, suckers.

Anyways they sent me a "You've been pre-approved for the GS PowerUp Rewards Credit card" thing in the mail. If you get it, open it. There's a $5 off $20 or more coupon in it. Has no EBC code, just a barcode. Expires 12/31/14. Doesn't work on gift cards or dlc.
a gs employee told me, until you get their credit card. they will be spamming your email with the message .

Felt ghetto as all hell.
i would felt like a prison inmate, or criminal, if i had to do that at gs

Got that in the mailbox lol, haven't gotten any emails yet. Sigh......only a matter of time until I do. What's next? Knocking on the front door?
i went to check my email with gs preapparoved credit card title. this is the message i got

Accept your pre-approval offer today!* PowerUp Rewards Pro members score 15,000 points and Basic members score 5,000 points upon first eligible transaction.*Cardholders enjoy exclusive offers including, 6 month special financing on purchases of $250 or more.** Use your card at any GameStop location or GameStop.com to buy whatever you want whenever you want!*

in all seriousness. if you need 6 months to finance a $250 purchase, maybe you need to hire a financial advisor

So not sure how this happened but i added another year to my pur account to get the b2g1 coupons. I just checked my account this morning and it shows i have 3 of the b2g1 all with different codes. So i managed to get 4 b2g1 codes somehow. Not complaining as i plan transfering the rest of my credit to bb.

So not sure how this happened but i added another year to my pur account to get the b2g1 coupons. I just checked my account this morning and it shows i have 3 of the b2g1 all with different codes. So i managed to get 4 b2g1 codes somehow. Not complaining as i plan transfering the rest of my credit to bb.
how did you add another year, using 15k points and taking the coupon in store or doing it all online or paying $15 in store?

how did you add another year, using 15k points and taking the coupon in store or doing it all online or paying $15 in store?
I just paided in store. I am not sure the guy who did the transaction did something because he didn't know how to add the membership until the manager came over.

Woah, just checked mine and I got the same thing. 3 coupons in my account with the additional on the receipt. Everything you said applies to me. Paid the renewal in store, and the employee was having trouble doing it until a manager helped out. Did it this past Sunday.

Woah, just checked mine and I got the same thing. 3 coupons in my account with the additional on the receipt. Everything you said applies to me. Paid the renewal in store, and the employee was having trouble doing it until a manager helped out. Did it this past Sunday.
Wow this is a huge credit mover! Thanks, I will have to try this out after work!

I used a birthday coupon on my account the other day for a used copy of advanced warfare. My brother has a birthday coupon he wants to use, but we want the points to go on my PuR account. Will this potentially cause a problem if there are two birthday coupons used that close together on one account?

[quote name="matrixman92" post="12272588" timestamp="1417042726"]I used a birthday coupon on my account the other day for a used copy of advanced warfare. My brother has a birthday coupon he wants to use, but we want the points to go on my PuR account. Will this potentially cause a problem if there are two birthday coupons used that close together on one account?[/quote]There should be no problema. I've used the bday coupon multiple times in a day and everything is still normal.

Saw on another site that Gamestop is giving $325 for the xbox one after bonus.   Anybody know about this; Is that correct?

Saw on another site that Gamestop is giving $325 for the xbox one after bonus. Anybody know about this; Is that correct?
Pretty sure the guy on Slickdeals was referencing the PS4 and not XBox One.. I can't post links yet, but there is a thread on Slickdeals showing the $325 credit ($275 + $50 bonus) for the PS4 only.. XB1 had a lower TIV so it isn't worth it.

So can we still use 4 coupons on one item? And do we still get to reuse the 3 lowest amount coupons a second time?

So can we still use 4 coupons on one item? And do we still get to reuse the 3 lowest amount coupons a second time?
I did it on Tuesday, a $50-$25-$15-$10 on and item and then was able to use the $25-$15-$10 on another item at another location. The word going around is if your store has one of the new POS registers you can still stack but you can't reuse the coupons.

I did it on Tuesday, a $50-$25-$15-$10 on and item and then was able to use the $25-$15-$10 on another item at another location. The word going around is if your store has one of the new POS registers you can still stack but you can't reuse the coupons.

Awesome! Thanks for info. I'm not sure if my stores have the new registers or not cause I haven't been in any of them in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back