GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I can confirm the $10 extra trade offer does not stack with the "bump up to $40" offer, I traded in the rest of my Microsoft store freebie games today and it didn't work. Lucky the manager there is awesome and bumped the trade value for me by $10, but if you are gonna use it and you don't know the employees really well you'll want to use it on 5 games that are just regular trade ins.
Found this out the hard way. Luckily support gave me 10K power up reward points so I could purchase a 10 off any item coupon to balance it out.

New to the forum!

So just to confirm

1) The $10 bonus for 5 trade in does not work with the guaranteed trade in promo

2) PRO members do get 10% more of base value for the guaranteed trade in promo

Is the above 2 statements right?

For trade-in, can I trade in 2 games of the same title?

Also, do you all think there will be a better price point for those $40 trade in like if they bring in the double trade in value promo again?

Is the Zelda wiimote worth anything by itself? One store near me has one in the display case by a Wii.
Yeah, depending on condition still worth some $$. There was a guy selling a ton of 'em on eBay (maybe .co.uk?) recently, but still was getting $45+ IIIRC (usually worth more than that). I just picked up an original Gold Nunchuck from the used section of my GS last week, was shocked to see one there - looked high and low through their stack to see if I could find another wiimote too, but I guess it was already gone. Was hoping to use it to trade for a boxed nunchuck later :)

Yeah, depending on condition still worth some $$. There was a guy selling a ton of 'em on eBay (maybe .co.uk?) recently, but still was getting $45+ IIIRC (usually worth more than that). I just picked up an original Gold Nunchuck from the used section of my GS last week, was shocked to see one there - looked high and low through their stack to see if I could find another wiimote too, but I guess it was already gone. Was hoping to use it to trade for a boxed nunchuck later :)
So lucky, waiting to find a gold nunchuck. Can't believe I missed out on that when it was available.

So lucky, waiting to find a gold nunchuck. Can't believe I missed out on that when it was available.
If you want one, there are plenty of CAG's with gold nunchuck running around with them for a price. I hoarded half a dozen myself when they were available at CN.

gs worker:  Great news! You've been pre-approved for the GS credit card!

cag:  No thanks

gs worker:  Don't want 15,000 free points?

cag:  Don't want to make a terrible financial decision [employee next to him laughs]

gs worker: [awkward pause] ...Or an awesome financial decision!!

from this week's ad

04rXOCA.png

Gamestop should just have a "50% off all used games $20 or less" promo so they can clear out their stock faster and quit with these restricted B2G1s.

Oh strange, I thought Halo is still trading in at $40 today? But it is taken off the website. Anyone have more information?

Oh strange, I thought Halo is still trading in at $40 today? But it is taken off the website. Anyone have more information?
That promo is for the first 30 days post release so the only ones left eligible are the games from the week of Nov. 18 (DA: I, FarCry 4, GTA V new, WWE 2K15 new, & Smash.) Pokemon is $30 guaranteed as well.

Today is the last day according to numerous emails they've sent me about it, and it was on there earlier so they probably just took it off early.

Gamestop should just have a "50% off all used games $20 or less" promo so they can clear out their stock faster and quit with these restricted B2G1s.
i probably still would not touch half of their stock, with the greasy finger print, smudges, or scratches. I still do not understand how a ps3 blu ray can get scratch up badly. it looked like a cat was playing with the blu ray disc

So THAT'S where our coupons went...what a bunch of...
i didn't even care about their worthless coupons so far. none of them tempted me to login in to claim it, other than giving it free to people on here. i remember some one originally came in with the scoop, that gs will be doing the same type of coupons like bestbuy did previously with the gamers magazine coupons. the only gs coupon that even give out a free item was the headset, which they quickly pulled afterwards

If it weren't for the fact that GS is the only place with Vita games in my town, I'd never go back with these horrible promos and dropping trade promos.

If it weren't for the fact that GS is the only place with Vita games in my town, I'd never go back with these horrible promos and dropping trade promos.
I do love how they've all been told/trained to tell customers "we no longer do trade promos, instead we offer you more $ for these games" -- sometimes I call them out on it, pointing out the COD promo and the fact that a vast majority of their games give LESS $ than the promos were giving. Only if I'm out of town and feeling snarky though. ;)

I do love how they've all been told/trained to tell customers "we no longer do trade promos, instead we offer you more $ for these games"
No, no, no, no!!!!11!!! I have the urge to post the gif again. Oh WTF:

I'll even hide it in a spoiler if you don't want to see it.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9229]

It just hit me: why do they never do Buy ONE get ONE?

One more thing: Take a look at my spreadsheet. This is the stuff I bought on Monday - the last day of the 30% sale. If I did the math right, I saved more anyway!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:10484]

i haven't even opened a single one of them but i bought pretty much every vita game around my gamestops back in the summertime with the 20% birthday coupon and the $5 kongregate coupons.  those were the good ol days

someday the vita will rise again.  ok probably not

i haven't even opened a single one of them but i bought pretty much every vita game around my gamestops back in the summertime with the 20% birthday coupon and the $5 kongregate coupons. those were the good ol days

someday the vita will rise again. ok probably not
*sigh* I miss those coupons. I wonder if GS lost money though (rationally I think yes but my gut says no - they turned PROFIT).

And for the Vita...another reason to hate smart phones.

No, no, no, no!!!!11!!! I have the urge to post the gif again. Oh WTF:

I'll even hide it in a spoiler if you don't want to see it.

It just hit me: why do they never do Buy ONE get ONE?
You nerd.

Put the Excel sheet back to the office where it belongs.

--I do the same thing.

If you buy 3 exactly the same price items, B2G1 is a better deal. If there is about $2 between the highest and lowest price items, then 30% is a better deal. If you have multiple values like you did, the 30% is boss. A few years ago they ran a 25% off used promo right after Christmas, and it was the same situation then, as well.

What's funny, it was before I got a PUR card, so I ran a spreadsheet, to find out how much a PUR would add to my discounts, because I had like 90 bucks to blow on games, and went for the bang for my buck.

You nerd.

Put the Excel sheet back to the office where it belongs.

--I do the same thing.

If you buy 3 exactly the same price items, B2G1 is a better deal. If there is about $2 between the highest and lowest price items, then 30% is a better deal. If you have multiple values like you did, the 30% is boss. A few years ago they ran a 25% off used promo right after Christmas, and it was the same situation then, as well.

What's funny, it was before I got a PUR card, so I ran a spreadsheet, to find out how much a PUR would add to my discounts, because I had like 90 bucks to blow on games, and went for the bang for my buck.
At that point, I'd need to switch out Hot Shots Golf (played a little bit and it's almost the same as the PSP ones anyway). So that would mean either LBP Vita, Lego Hobbit, Arkham Origins Blackgate, Uncharted, or NFS: MW. Hmm...

All these weak under 20$ preowned promos must be an attempt to clear stock to make more floor space for interactive collectible figures . Between skylanders , infinity , marvel , amiibos , and the soon to come Ubismalls they're gonna need some extra shelf space .

if I wanted to trade in my playstation 4 into GameStop but not give the controller, will I still get the full $275 trade credit?

ok so I was dumb and went over the trade limit while unloading a number of those cheap ps4 headsets that come with the console.  I knew about this limit on games but didn't think about it for $2 pieces of clutter.  They won't accept trades from me now as the system gives the "over trade limit" notificaton to the employee.  how long does this last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back