GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a B2G1 coupon from renewing PUR that I won't be using; it expires tonight, 12/31. If anyone wants it, I'm willing to trade it for a $10 off anything (i.e., not just on used games) coupon. PM me if interested.

FYI, I think all Gamestops are closing early today because of New Year's.

the other thing i hated is the employees, who keeps telling me how much i have left on my card, on sunday night, with all the sketchy people in the store, in a not so good neighborhood, when i went to picked up some $0.99 games from the gs b2g1. the employee said after handing my receipt( he said it really loud, like he was giving an commence speech through a microphone), i still have $400 on my card.it is basically, saying "hey, rob that guy who has $400 on his card".
I had an employee say real loud "I'm not going to tell you how much you have left on your card but you know". Is that better or worse than saying the actual value?

photo-thumb-36115.jpg

Vigilante might be in back of you at the Gamestop line watching.

the other thing i hated is the employees, who keeps telling me how much i have left on my card, on sunday night, with all the sketchy people in the store, in a not so good neighborhood, when i went to picked up some $0.99 games from the gs b2g1. the employee said after handing my receipt( he said it really loud, like he was giving an commence speech through a microphone), i still have $400 on my card.it is basically, saying "hey, rob that guy who has $400 on his card".
this has been a problem for months especially on this thread. had them announce i had a few hundred on my card and got a few looks from the people at this not so nice gamestop as well

So on my GameStop phone app it shows me a coupon to get 30% extra trade on any games. Anyone know if that would work for consoles also? I figure either way I'll take the 10min drive in a bit and try it. But my dust collecting PS4 I was going to swap for an XboxOne (with the trade and if the 30% extra works I'd not be paying anything extra.)

You had a store close somewhere around you. They give you that 30% extra trade on the 20% off pre owned and used to give a 15% off new as well but looks like they don't anymore

Also these fuckers didn't even give us $50 in coupons this month lol

Sadly it did not work. Here is the list of coupons I have on mine.

http://imgur.com/o7qvbjo

Actually yeah, the one mall store closed due to a lease disagreement with the new owners of the mall. I was actually working at that store also (kind of..). I've worked on/off at that store since I was in my late teens, was even a 3rd key (SGA) there for a bit. Typically these days my buddy would put me on the payroll for seasonal hires and I'd like work 1 shift to meet the requirements for him so he wouldn't have to have someone that actually wanted hours and I got the employee discount. 

Anyone ever trade in a refurb Wii U into GS?  TIV is $160 right now, $180 with coupon isn't too bad.  The box has "refurbished product" on it, I guess i could take it without the box but dunno if they care or not.  Not really playing the thing at all now that holidays are over, may trade it and wait to see if they release a Zelda wii u LE.

It amazes me they never released a super smash LE wii u bundle this fall, I guess Nintendo just hates money or something.

Anyone ever trade in a refurb Wii U into GS? TIV is $160 right now, $180 with coupon isn't too bad. The box has "refurbished product" on it, I guess i could take it without the box but dunno if they care or not. Not really playing the thing at all now that holidays are over, may trade it and wait to see if they release a Zelda wii u LE.

It amazes me they never released a super smash LE wii u bundle this fall, I guess Nintendo just hates money or something.
judging by the consoles they sell, they dont give a crap about the box. ive never seen an original box, just those white gamestop boxes.

judging by the consoles they sell, they dont give a crap about the box. ive never seen an original box, just those white gamestop boxes.
They throw out the original boxes and replace them with the kick ass generic Gamestop boxes.

You had a store close somewhere around you. They give you that 30% extra trade on the 20% off pre owned and used to give a 15% off new as well but looks like they don't anymore

Also these fuckers didn't even give us $50 in coupons this month lol

Wtf... 30% extra credit for every game traded in for 3 months?

Sadly it did not work. Here is the list of coupons I have on mine.

http://imgur.com/o7qvbjo
well I went searching for the 30% and found this on google:

http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/pre-pay-bonus-30-trade-credit/

However I couldn't find a link to it anywhere within gamestop.com, (weekly ad, trade offers, etc.) nor an expiration date.

Would now be a good time to trade in a Xbox 360?

Or should I wait until there is some kind of promo for trading in consoles (don't want to trade it in for a next gen console).

Or should I do it now as the TIV will be going lower everyday?

Just threw a couple used games in my cart on gamestop.com and apparently cag16 and pur membership stack.  It chooses 1 or the other, not sure if this is a fluke or their new policy...

Would now be a good time to trade in a Xbox 360?

Or should I wait until there is some kind of promo for trading in consoles (don't want to trade it in for a next gen console).

Or should I do it now as the TIV will be going lower everyday?
As long as it's the Slim I'd wait a week or two as I know the STL area GS's blew through all of their Slim/E used 360 inventory I was told, so for the next month or two I predict the base TIV stay where it's at or possibly go up $5-$10.

Anyone got any good BB -> GS movers? (I have a 30% bonus TIV coupon to help)
Well if you mean high value and an okay rate with a 30% bonus Little Big Planet 3 during 1/4/2015-1/11/2015 might be good assuming Gamestop's TIV doesn't drop. You can probably just buy, trade it in and then price adjust later at Best Buy. How much do you need to move?

I didn't see the need for nintendo to make one. Usually when they make a bundle, the game itself is free leaving the system to be $299 MSRP.

Everyone is buying a Wii U to play Smash Bros, so theres no need for a bundle, the demand is there to buy the game itself. Its a system seller.

So I was going through my PUR card activity for the past year trying to figure out how many different stores I'd been to (75 that I could tell) and I noticed that it only shows the location in the transaction if you bought something.  If you just traded in or returned something it doesn't show it.  It also only shows the history up to a year.

(used the mobile site for this, the desktop version doesn't show details)

So I was going through my PUR card activity for the past year trying to figure out how many different stores I'd been to (75 that I could tell) and I noticed that it only shows the location in the transaction if you bought something. If you just traded in or returned something it doesn't show it. It also only shows the history up to a year.

(used the mobile site for this, the desktop version doesn't show details)
And you bought an XB1 game at each of those stores! That's crazy though.

Yesterday i had some interesting luck at a couple of gamestops i had stopped out.  The first one i stopped at had two steelbooks i did have DMC 4 and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.  The guy ringing me up spent almost 10 mins trying to find GW2 and couldn't find it. I told him it wasn't a big deal i mostly just wanted the steel book which he told me to keep for my troubles on waiting.

The last store i went to, i also had the same problem of picking up a game and the employees couldn't find it in store. Found the case and the employee couldn't track it down. But as i was waiting to check out i happened to glance over and found a copy of pokemon soulsilver that was in the complete original box (in great shape).  Sure enough the guy said some lady just traded it in and it had everything inside include the pokewalker.  Picked it up with the BD coupon for 34.99.

i have wii u coupon but i need tradei n boost coupon badly 30 percent extra im trying get dying light i have evil within i want get rid of trying net 30 for it or close to it

i have wii u coupon but i need tradei n boost coupon badly 30 percent extra im trying get dying light i have evil within i want get rid of trying net 30 for it or close to it

I have no idea what this means.
Stewardess, I speak jive! (gibberish).

--I have a wii u coupon that I would like to trade for an "extra 30% trade in value coupon". I want to purchase Metro Dying Light and I have The Evil Within to trade in. I would like to get around $30 credit for trading in The Evil Within.--

Does GameStop run their games through some kind of Disc-Cleaning machine or some such? Just bought a couple games today and some of them have a weird warping like look to the back of them.

I haven't been on here for a while and I know Gamestop lists trade in values for items now on their website per the OP.

I was looking into this and found an article on neogaf that said GS switched to this new system that lists only cash price and PUR price to be simplier for everyone around August/Septemer 2014.

Does this mean their old promotions like trade 3/5/7 games and get $10/$15/$20 or 20%/30%/40% bonuses are gone? Have they had any promotions like this since they switched?

Had a great find today. My normal gamestop had a used Smash Bros edition GameCube controller, they took iron because they knew it would sell, but because they couldn't take in GameCube controllers it was taken in as a wii classic controller. Score! Came to 15.xx

Does GameStop run their games through some kind of Disc-Cleaning machine or some such? Just bought a couple games today and some of them have a weird warping like look to the back of them.
I know what you're talking about.

I have a brand new Metal Gear Solid 4 that has that weirdness to it, must be something with a Blu-Ray? Works fine, just looks bizarre.

They do wipe them down (sometimes) with some greasy shit though that attracts fingerprints.

Yes, those are refurbished discs. The circular scratching you see is due to them not changing their polishing pads often enough in their machines. I have a machine to fix discs and they come out way better than their discs. Usually, it's just cosmetic and doesn't really affect the data on the disc.

I haven't been on here for a while and I know Gamestop lists trade in values for items now on their website per the OP.

I was looking into this and found an article on neogaf that said GS switched to this new system that lists only cash price and PUR price to be simplier for everyone around August/Septemer 2014.

Does this mean their old promotions like trade 3/5/7 games and get $10/$15/$20 or 20%/30%/40% bonuses are gone? Have they had any promotions like this since they switched?
Yes, those old promos are pretty much gone for good, unfortunately. :-({|=

As of Sunday the old coupon trick still worked. My transaction must have been on an old register. It was my first time ever doing it. It was a complete accident. I was buying a bunch of stuff for the extra coupon to apply to, but they both applied to the same item. Then the $5 coupon was still in my account later. The coupon worked again.

I have no fuck ing clue how to tell registers are old and which are new. Does anyone know how many you can use at once? I only did 2, but I'm assuming you could do 4 or 5 if you find a nice employee to scan them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back