GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know the process of trading in Skylanders? I have drawers full of them that will never be used and since it would be way too much hassle selling them on eBay I was just going to dump them off at GameStop. I won't want to bother however if the process is long and involved since they don't have the boxes and I have no idea what they're called.

Anyone know the process of trading in Skylanders? I have drawers full of them that will never be used and since it would be way too much hassle selling them on eBay I was just going to dump them off at GameStop. I won't want to bother however if the process is long and involved since they don't have the boxes and I have no idea what they're called.
Process is the same as any game to gamestop. I am not sure of your employees but make sure you know what you have beforehand as series 1 2 3 might be different priced. Other than that, prices were better a bit back when they first started taking then, again.

TL,DR: Gamestop prices are shit and knowledge is power.

Also I think they have a cheet sheet with pictures so you don't have to know what they are
Make sure they get the right one though.

When I traded in some from the 3ds Swap Force kit they misidentified the volcanic eruptor 3 times out of 4. They had to look that one up in the computer because it wasn't in their book.

slightly off-topic but what do you guys think is the best way to offload a 250 GB 360 Slim?  Gamestop value seems pretty bad....am I better off going the route of craigslist or local sell/trade group?

Another game that goes for a pretty penny on eBay and Amazon that is still decently priced at GS is NCAA Basketball 10 for $30. Of course it was the last NCAA Basketball game made by EA. Picked up a copy of it again recently. The first time I bought it, it was $35. Shortly after I traded it (foolishy at that) the price went to $40. Again it was still decently priced then compared to eBay and Amazon prices for it.
just an fyi - this always goes up during march madness. I sold a complete 360 copy for $85 last year. So for anyone who has it and is looking to offload it, selling it in a couple months time would be best

Question for you veterans. I want to get a pre-owned wii u. I know it depends on if the employee will try, but if the employee is willing to try, will the system allow the following coupons in the same transaction?

$50 off any item
$25 off any iyem
$15 off any item
$10 off any item
$5 off any item
$25 off any pre-owned system

Question for you veterans. I want to get a pre-owned wii u. I know it depends on if the employee will try, but if the employee is willing to try, will the system allow the following coupons in the same transaction?
$50 off any item
$25 off any iyem
$15 off any item
$10 off any item
$5 off any item
I was able to stack 50 25 and 15 a few months ago with a ps4. I think you can only stack 3. Since then some gamestops have updated their registers so this stacking (and retaining the 25 and 15) is not possible. You also need to have an employee willing to stack them. I had to try a few gamestops to find one that would try to stack them.

I was considering getting a refurbished Wii U from Gamestop too, until the story leaked about GS baking red ringed Xbox 360's, then passing them off as refurbished.

I'd never buy a used console from them. Ever.

I was considering getting a refurbished Wii U from Gamestop too, until the story leaked about GS baking red ringed Xbox 360's, then passing them off as refurbished.

I'd never buy a used console from them. Ever.
Yeah, manufacturer refurb stuff is good but I would never knowingly buy something that a store or third party claimed to have refurbed.

$50 off any item
$25 off any iyem
$15 off any item
$10 off any item
$5 off any item
First all, the register will allow all of them to stack. The biggest hurdle is whether the employee will allow you to do so. I usually just pressure the employee by telling them I was saving up my points to "cash out on this big purchase. Can you just try it to see what happens?"

The next thing is you should scope out whether the register you are on is on the new or old POS. The new POS will fully redeem every coupon while the old one will let you keep the $5, $10, $15, and $25 coupon for next time (this is the coupon glitch we've been referring to for a long time now). Good luck.

To be fair look at the price NCAA Football 14 is selling for on Amazon/EBay since it's the last college football game. Also Skate 3 has been made more popular by PewDiePie and other YouTuber's making videos about it. Either GS stopped buying EA's PS3 inventory of the game (see the LFD 1/2 debacle of 2012-13,) or EA made the PS3 version OoP so there's a gap between demand and supply.
I grabbed NCAA FB around Christmas after seeing ebay prices then week later it was 19 at BB. Last year I picked up both NCAA baseball games 06 and 07 for my boys and they love it. Getting hard to find also.

thanks for whoever posted the Forza 5 value, I bought a copy off a Gamefly sale a while back but never got far in it.  Can trade in tonight for what I paid for it and focus on Horizon 2 instead

I grabbed NCAA FB around Christmas after seeing ebay prices then week later it was 19 at BB. Last year I picked up both NCAA baseball games 06 and 07 for my boys and they love it. Getting hard to find also.
I wanted to grab it from BB after they dropped the price to $20, just didn't have the money at the time. And when I did have the money they were out of stock. Thankfully I had enough PUR points to nab a $5 one pre-owned game coupon and stacked it with 20% off bday coupon. After discounts and tax were applied I got it for $26, not too bad in my book.

I'll have to look around for NCAA baseball games for PS2. I have Triple Play (2001) through MVP Baseball 2005 and it would be nice to complete the series.

I wanted to grab it from BB after they dropped the price to $20, just didn't have the money at the time. And when I did have the money they were out of stock. Thankfully I had enough PUR points to nab a $5 one pre-owned game coupon and stacked it with 20% off bday coupon. After discounts and tax were applied I got it for $26, not too bad in my book.

I'll have to look around for NCAA baseball games for PS2. I have Triple Play (2001) through MVP Baseball 2005 and it would be nice to complete the series.
I actually saw the Walmart bonus edition of NCAA 14 PS3 on Sunday at Walmart. :p

I actually saw the Walmart bonus edition of NCAA 14 PS3 on Sunday at Walmart. :p

Wow... how much was it? :p If remember correctly I think I saw at a Walmart close by not too long ago.
Unfortunately the PS3 version of NCAA 14 isn't in as much demand as the 360 version. The PS3 version sells for around $40 sealed, while the 360 version is going for $80 plus sealed. There are some Walmart's and Target's in STL that still have the PS3 version new also.

In terms of why it isn't pulled from the online services yet, I think EA still has a valid contract with NFLPA and NCAA for past players likeness for NCAA Ultimate Team, so that's why it's probably still up.

Edit: I take that back; there is a seperate listing on Amazon for the Walmart version of NCAA Football 14 w/Ultimate Team Packs and the PS3 version could be sold for about $60 on there if someone bites.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00IOV0ISQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Has anyone ever tried to cancel an online order made for in store pickup?  I made one for the zelda MM guide book, it ended up being available on amazon for $22 so I bought it there instead, and when I called in to cancel my GS order they said "oh, we can't cancel it, just don't pick it up and you won't get billed".  

Seems kinda dumb they literally can't cancel an order I can see on my screen online (can't cancel online either), they mention something about a $5 restocking fee if I don't pick up when I ordered it but the guy on the phone said no no no I won't get charged.  I don't believe him.

Has anyone ever tried to cancel an online order made for in store pickup? I made one for the zelda MM guide book, it ended up being available on amazon for $22 so I bought it there instead, and when I called in to cancel my GS order they said "oh, we can't cancel it, just don't pick it up and you won't get billed".

Seems kinda dumb they literally can't cancel an order I can see on my screen online (can't cancel online either), they mention something about a $5 restocking fee if I don't pick up when I ordered it but the guy on the phone said no no no I won't get charged. I don't believe him.
I haven't personally done this but that doesn't sound right. They're going to bill you when it ships and since they have issues with online cancellations and billing, I wouldn't trust that the order will get cancelled and refund issued. The store will probably hold it indefinitely as I don't think there is a process to "return" the item back to the online dept. I'd just pick it up then return it in store the next time you go (within 30 days of ship date I think). yeah you're out of $35+ for a while but that's the cleanest way I can think of.

Anyone know of any good trade-in promos right now? I was looking to get rid of some games, mostly 360 stuff and don't want to waste my time if practically everything on 360 is getting $3 or less. 

Anyone know of any good trade-in promos right now? I was looking to get rid of some games, mostly 360 stuff and don't want to waste my time if practically everything on 360 is getting $3 or less.
There are zero promos going on and it's hard to say if there will ever be any in the future. Dying Light released yesterday and Gamestop doesn't have a guaranteed-$40 TIV promo for it, which is odd considering they did that for every new PS4/XB1 release last fall.

There are zero promos going on and it's hard to say if there will ever be any in the future. Dying Light released yesterday and Gamestop doesn't have a guaranteed-$40 TIV promo for it, which is odd considering they did that for every new PS4/XB1 release last fall.
not every, shadow of mordor was a prety big game but it never had a tiv of 40

Here's hoping that something worthwhile comes up. With the lack of promos and trade in values that are lower than Best Buy I am going to run out of credit soon.

not every, shadow of mordor was a prety big game but it never had a tiv of 40
I would argue that Shadow of Mordor was pretty much an unknown game until the reviews came out. I also feel Dying Light is the same way (without the explosion of positive reviews).

If Battlefield comes out and has a low TIV, then we'll know that gamestop promos are gone.

Here's hoping that something worthwhile comes up. With the lack of promos and trade in values that are lower than Best Buy I am going to run out of credit soon.
Not going to happen. The promos are all but dead. The day of reckoning has finally come for me. I've run out of Gamestop credit now. When I made my last purchase with my credit card, my manager commented to me, "wow this is first. Not sure if I should card you now."

When I got back into my car I started sobbing like a baby.

Not going to happen. The promos are all but dead. The day of reckoning has finally come for me. I've run out of Gamestop credit now. When I made my last purchase with my credit card, my manager commented to me, "wow this is first. Not sure if I should card you now."

dr-evil-crying1.gif

Yeah, I depleted my credit earlier this month and really there's just not been any real way worth getting back in the game other than a few dollars here or there. I'm probably going to return the GC adapater & two controller bundle I ordered on New Year's Eve to have some credit again since the value on it has significantly dropped and I'm never going to actually use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back