GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
They all have the same code. I can send you a higher res scan when I get to work in the morning if you want something better.

attachicon.gif
WP_20151123_20_02_15_Pro.jpg

Decided to scan the one 50% bonus TIV card I got last minute tonight, so those who want to print it tonight can. Not sure if they'll accept it printed but you can always say you got it from another store that way.

I2VFacG.jpg
Thanks guys, just giving them the code should be fine too. I'll save the screenshot jic though.

non trade in related, anybody got hit by trs when ordering from amazon? i tried to order and received an email that they canceled it and i have to contact trs. i loaded $450 my account and now i got this. i contacted amazon and i should be receiving a phone call within 24 hours from billing department. im just wondering if any of you encountered with this? if son what did you do? any help would be appreciated.
TRS or TRE? TRE Is a nationwide returns tracking database that many retailers now use to block people who abuse returns. Since it tracks across multiple retailers and uses lots of data points it has tripped up people who abuse returns at best buy, walmart, target, etc. Didn't think Amazon was a participant but more are joining every month. Its meant more for people who do stuff like buy a TV right before superbowl and then return it or perform return fraud (returns without receipt, fake merch, etc).

If you are flagged as a returns abuser in TRE it usually is a 90 day returns ban at first and then permanent ban after that, but it varies from retailer to retailer.

It's GS sooooooo only to troll us all.

But then the coupons won't work or something.
Handheld scanner at the Gamestop I went to was acting up tonight, but glad it started working (user error probably). So could be a sign that some employees will act stupid the next few days.

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="13051019" timestamp="1448353234"]Just pay for them full price and get them to price adjust it the next day.[/quote]
Wait that possible at Gamestop? I would of bought the Lunar controller today then... I thought they couldn't because it be considered open/used so they could only do a trade in

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="13051032" timestamp="1448355129"]they are just price adjusting. Theyve done it before for me. Maybe they hate you.[/quote]
No just figured Gamestop would figured out some way of preventing simple stuff like that... I'll have to check tomorrow, thanks for the post

The problem is that even with a new account, the system will track any DL# anytime a store requires an ID. From there, they will link banned accounts together.
How does the Driver License info work at gamestop? I'm guessing it's needed everytime you do a trade in, sign up for a power up card or make a return?

Actually everytime a GS employee ask for a ID it is really optional, I found out today.

Since the menu prompt already have your profile on you PUR card, they can reinput your info or just select it from their menu screen.

Yesterday was the first time a employee just took my stuff, swipe my PUR card and gave me my credit, no ID no nothing.

Actually everytime a GS employee ask for a ID it is really optional, I found out today.

Since the menu prompt already have your profile on you PUR card, they can reinput your info or just select it from their menu screen.

Yesterday was the first time a employee just took my stuff, swipe my PUR card and gave me my credit, no ID no nothing.
But for trade-in's, they need it to put your DL info in (including your DL #), no? I've been told that. Didn't know that is the case though. I will try next time.

I just traded in all my old PS3 COD stuff plus the Black Ops 2 for $10 and Halo 5 for $40 with the additional 50% trade in credit last night.  Got about $63.00 in credit.  They asked for my DL for the first time.  They didn't ask for it when I did the PS3 to Xbone trade-in 2-3 weeks ago.  It wasn't the usual folks last night, so maybe they didn't know me.  The store manager said they were told to ask for DL now even though I've been a Pro member for years. 

I also traded in my rewards points for $25 off and picked up Blops 3 for "free" with credit left over.  Not a bad night IMHO. 

But for trade-in's, they need it to put your DL info in (including your DL #), no? I've been told that. Didn't know that is the case though. I will try next time.
In most cases I don't have to give them my ID. Usually it's the new people that need to see mine. Things will vary based on pawn laws though.

huh…I actually got $5 cash back from going through ebates to buy my $500 bby gc on ebay.  Would've been really slick if I had the 5x ebay bucks to stack.

TRS or TRE? TRE Is a nationwide returns tracking database that many retailers now use to block people who abuse returns. Since it tracks across multiple retailers and uses lots of data points it has tripped up people who abuse returns at best buy, walmart, target, etc. Didn't think Amazon was a participant but more are joining every month. Its meant more for people who do stuff like buy a TV right before superbowl and then return it or perform return fraud (returns without receipt, fake merch, etc).

If you are flagged as a returns abuser in TRE it usually is a 90 day returns ban at first and then permanent ban after that, but it varies from retailer to retailer.
That's why I still use cash when I might return something. Receipt and cash at say Walmart or Target and your in and out no databases. Also why even with cash at Bestbuy or TRU I'm leary of buying anything. The whole ID BS on a receipt return for an untouched/unused item is nonsense tracking . Also I don't think Walmart uses it unless you don't have a receipt since it goes by ID number not credit card. In general I'm so sick of this magic algorithm crap from some third party that nobody knows what exactly triggers it. Then you call the first party and no one their can help since it's not them. Ebay with how many gift cards can be bought, Bestbuy with their can not confirm your order stuff online, Gamestop with their trade in limits, ect.

If you guys have the email from eBay right now its 5x points for purchases of $50 or more today and tomorrow. So if you buy a eBay GC from Gamestop and use it to buy a $100 BestBuy GC you get $10 in eBay bucks that you can use in the future.

attachicon.gif
Untitled.jpg
So I never got that eBay e-mail (nor is it in my messages). Any way we can activate the offer online otherwise? Any way to just use your activation link? Thx.

[quote name="YellowGameboyColor" post="13052172" timestamp="1448394718"]So with eBay GCs you don't need to activate them online right? Once you buy them it just takes some hours to activate and then you can use it on eBay?[/quote]
Correct.

That's why I still use cash when I might return something. Receipt and cash at say Walmart or Target and your in and out no databases. Also why even with cash at Bestbuy or TRU I'm leary of buying anything. The whole ID BS on a receipt return for an untouched/unused item is nonsense tracking . Also I don't think Walmart uses it unless you don't have a receipt since it goes by ID number not credit card. In general I'm so sick of this magic algorithm crap from some third party that nobody knows what exactly triggers it. Then you call the first party and no one their can help since it's not them. Ebay with how many gift cards can be bought, Bestbuy with their can not confirm your order stuff online, Gamestop with their trade in limits, ect.
At least here BBY stopped requiring ID for returns. Not that they still can't track me any number of other ways.

How does the Driver License info work at gamestop? I'm guessing it's needed everytime you do a trade in, sign up for a power up card or make a return?
Depending on local laws, an ID may be required for trade in, that is NOT optional if that is the law in your area.

If you're not a PUR member, full address & phone number is required for a return. Many associates will ask for an ID so you don't have to say each thing but they are supposed to get that info.

When they do a CC transaction over $25 an employee is supposed to check ID to make sure card & ID are same person, but the transaction can be done w/o checking. Exception is PUR CC, which is an actionable offense if they don't check for ID on that.

Anyone tried the 50% coupon scan? I'm gonna go later tonight.
Wondering the same, though I provided the scan ( http://imgur.com/I2VFacG ). I still don't have a game plan together to trade anything in. Got $40 last night for trading in a few games (Rare Replay, ESPN Sports Connection on Wii U, and a few others I had digitally).

Expand for coupon:
I2VFacG.jpg
I just traded in a Dualshock 4 for $44. Before I could show him the coupon scan, the manager scanned a coupon he had behind the counter...cool dude!

non-trade in related srry but have some points to spend generated from tradeins lol, the Sailor Moon figurines look nice, no idea why they have various values with Venus being lower than Jupiter and Pluto and none of the others are offered, anyways...

Anyone own any bags from their Rewards Catalog & how is the quality??? It would be nice if it listed the dimensions to know how tiny this might be and stuff coz right now I have no idea what to get, I like them all lol, but don't have enough points to get all of them lol, so how is the quality like is this screenprinted where it will probably rub off after a while because underneath those colored items, its just white fabric that's been screenprinted on or is it like printed into the fabric and do these have like cell phone pockets or whatever inside for:

edit: ok so the links didn't work somehow, think they're coded specifically for me when I reclicked without being logged into my GS acct lol.. so just relinked to the pix instead of page...

Star Wars BB8 Satchel Bag

Star Wars Boba Fett Reversible Backpack

Zelda All Over Print Knapsack

Zelda Black Messenger Bag

Zelda Cartridge 3D Backpack

Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet Backpack

Halo Tactical Messenger Bag

And just to make sure, the 3/4 limit per title per platform, resets every month right?

And is that calendar month or the rolling previous 30 days?

I rocked the extra 50% promo today! Sold Smash Wii U, Captain Toad, Mario/Luigi Wii U, Wii Sports ($5 base value!), a 360 Kinect, and eleven Amiibo (our house has moved on) ... and came out right under $200. The cashiers were in shock. I hardly shop at GameStop because of BB GCU, but I did my research and this couldn't be beat. Thanks CAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back