GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
just a heads up, I get the "almost gone...over 80% sold" message on the Best Buy gc ebay page.  They've sold out before and then replenished their stock after a few days, but if you have been putting off using those ebay buck bonuses, act fast.  Mine was 6% on an item $50 or more

[attachment=20101:Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 8.01.33 AM.png]

One other thing I learned yesterday(idk if this is common knowledge): hold requests expire out after 12 hours and the system auto sends a rejection.

I put in a hold request at 7:45 Sunday night(after store close) and the next morning at 8:00 I got the "could not be fulfilled" email.  At first I thought wtf, is someone really there 2 hours before open?  And who could have possibly requested this before me in the 45 minutes between store close and my hold request?

So later in the day I checked for the hell of it, and the game is still there.  I ended up getting it from another store, but it was a pain in the ass.  If I would've known the situation, I could've save myself some time.  

This probably only comes into play on Sunday-->Mondays, but something to keep in mind.

Looking for some sage advice from 'yous guyses'.

I've got a GS Giftcard with $400 on it.  I've got Prime and GCU, but I'm nowhere proximal to a Best Buy location.  

Options - 

• purchase eBay POSA card for potential Best Buy GC purchases.
  • purchase Kindle POSA card to dump into my current Amazon credit.
  • Sit on it and put it towards Sony VR (if the reviews are favorable)  when the time comes as there's a tax advantage in NY using credit. 
  • slowly flip from GameStop ---> Amazon to maximize my credit amount.

I've got a GS Giftcard with $400 on it. I've got Prime and GCU, but I'm nowhere proximal to a Best Buy location.

Options -

• Sit on it and put it towards Sony VR (if the reviews are favorable) when the time comes as there's a tax advantage in NY using credit.
I'd say ebay if you have the 6X 6% ebay bucks back which ends today if you did get it.

<p>

I've got a GS Giftcard with $400 on it. I've got Prime and GCU, but I'm nowhere proximal to a Best Buy location.

Options -

• Sit on it and put it towards Sony VR (if the reviews are favorable) when the time comes as there's a tax advantage in NY using credit.
Ebay, you can turn it back into GameStop if you change your mind. Gives you way more options.

Options -

I suggest:

GS-->eBay-->GS (collecting eBay bucks and PUR points along the way)

I didn't get the 6x eBay Bucks promotion message.  (edit : ahh...6%!...sorry.)

Clearly, they hate me. 

Is there a limit to effectively just "moving" GS--->eBay--->GS--->eBay ad infinitum?

If not, then surely you can earn an unlimited amount of eBay Bucks.

I didn't get the 6x eBay Bucks promotion message. (edit : ahh...6%!...sorry.)

Clearly, they hate me.

Is there a limit to effectively just "moving" GS--->eBay--->GS--->eBay ad infinitum?

If not, then surely you can earn an unlimited amount of eBay Bucks.
there are hidden rolling limits on how many GCs an account can buy on eBay, it varies from $100 to $5000 and seems kinda dependent on how active your eBay account is, verified paypal or not, and probably a dozen other different things that nobody knows. Its very difficult to get around the lock, especially since paypal and eBay split - even if you are 100% paying with an eBay GC, the paypal systems are checked.

I mentioned in the 50% thread that GS sells Visa Gift cards. Was anyone able to buy a Visa Gift card with their store credit? I would try, but I am one of the unlucky people that can't use store credit to buy any gift cards. This is not a photo from GS, but a picture of what they look like.

Tons-of-Visa-GCs-e1372829557923.jpg

Was just gonna add that I was probably banned...though idk why. I stay under 1k and didn't trade multiples.

I did place a diff order yesterday just fine

Yeah, you're probably just banned from the site. Open up another account and you should be able to place an order just fine. Sometimes the site will just ban you with no reason. I've been banned like 8 different times from the site and the CS reps can never help me figure out why.

My IP got banned towards the end of last year. I gotta use my phone and switch wifi off so I can use their site. Never had my account banned though. I want to call them about it but just figure I should leave it alone.

My IP got banned towards the end of last year. I gotta use my phone and switch wifi off so I can use their site. Never had my account banned though. I want to call them about it but just figure I should leave it alone.
My god! They must really dislike you, Dbill!

"What did you do, Richard?"

R0QrJS9.jpg

Figured it out...I bought 2 copies of Dreamworks Karts yesterday...tried buying 2 more today.  Once I took them out of my cart, the order went thru.

Also, :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World is back in stock online...comes out to $22.67 plus tax and shipping (if you don't get SAVER to stack. I got it to work for a while, but with my issues I lost it along the way).

Also got 2 copies of disney sing it :wii: for the Amazon trade I locked in last week and a Majin of the Foreskin Kingdom

Also, :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World is back in stock online...comes out to $22.67 plus tax and shipping (if you don't get SAVER to stack. I got it to work for a while, but with my issues I lost it along the way).

Also got 2 copies of disney sing it :wii: for the Amazon trade I locked in last week and a Majin of the Foreskin Kingdom
I knew that was a typo. Edit - wish I could get the promo codes to stack but no luck. Tried adding Bust a Move Universe for 3DS.

Wanted to move some GS credit to Best Buy so I used my B2G1 coupon on 3 copies of Battlefront (2 PS4 1 Xbox1), for a total of $75... Traded all 3 into Best Buy for a total of $99. Good credit mover plus made an extra $24 on top of it.

i love it when gamestop cs responds to an email I sent 2 months ago, only to say "I'm glad you reached me so I can help you- I noticed that it's been taken care of"...blah blah blah

when really it's impossible that the issue was taken care of because Gamestop CS is about as useless as a limp dick at a whorehouse.  I mean come on, read the 1st two sentences:

Thank you for contacting GameStop, I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but I'm glad you reached me so I can take care of your concerns right away.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response to your e-mail. I noticed that you have already taken care of this matter and you were provided with the correct information.

Once again, I apologize for the delay. Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Care, and I hope you have a wonderful day. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-883-8895.

Was the rumor about the 50% going an extra week just a rumor/troll or serious?
If by rumor you mean some random poster on here then yeah it wasnt serious. They thought they would extend it for a day because of the system being down on sunday but it didn't affect the 50% so no idea why anyone thought it would be extended.

If by rumor you mean some random poster on here then yeah it wasnt serious. They thought they would extend it for a day because of the system being down on sunday but it didn't affect the 50% so no idea why anyone thought it would be extended.
I didn't see any message on the page and didn't think it was still active, but thought I'd ask.. especially since we seem to learn of upcoming trades here as well.

Thank you man!

I spent 3 days on the phone with paypal last time they had the 4x bonus for spending over $150 and finally gave up. Leave it alone for 48-72 hours and let the system calm down. Afterwards it let me buy as many as i wanted.
That 70245 error code is so annoying. Ebay and paypal don't know what to do. Haven't been able to buy any gift cards today..

Is theiri CS always this potato?  I purchased a PUR Pro account on Sunday afternoon, but their systems were down, so the employee had to manually give me the 10% boost and said that my account would be active.  I try early Tuesday morning to activate my account on the website, and it tells me my information is invalid (I created a login that works fine).  I contact CS and send them the PUR # on the card in my hand and ask them to make sure its activated in their system.  I get an e-mail back telling me to send them my full name, address, and a bunch of other information.  I told them I'm not providing all of that through e-mail... just activate the PUR # and I can add the extra info through their site.  About an hour later I get the exact same e-mail back (granted at the bottom of both it tells me that I may need to create a new account, at which time I would lose any points.)  I send another reply, along with a copy of my receipt, which shows my name, e-mail, PUR #, all of that stuff, and tell them again I'm not providing my address via e-mail, and to just activate the PUR # or give me my money back so I can purchase another if they are having problems with what I purchased when the system was down.  I get the exact same e-mail back, from a different person this time, detailing to me that I need to create a new account on the website.  To humor them, I go to the website, enter all the information again, and get the same information is not valid message.  I sent them another e-mail just telling them to give me my money back so I can go on my way, and of course have not heard from them again.

TLDR... their CS is potato

Is theiri CS always this potato? I purchased a PUR Pro account on Sunday afternoon, but their systems were down, so the employee had to manually give me the 10% boost and said that my account would be active. I try early Tuesday morning to activate my account on the website, and it tells me my information is invalid (I created a login that works fine). I contact CS and send them the PUR # on the card in my hand and ask them to make sure its activated in their system. I get an e-mail back telling me to send them my full name, address, and a bunch of other information. I told them I'm not providing all of that through e-mail... just activate the PUR # and I can add the extra info through their site. About an hour later I get the exact same e-mail back (granted at the bottom of both it tells me that I may need to create a new account, at which time I would lose any points.) I send another reply, along with a copy of my receipt, which shows my name, e-mail, PUR #, all of that stuff, and tell them again I'm not providing my address via e-mail, and to just activate the PUR # or give me my money back so I can purchase another if they are having problems with what I purchased when the system was down. I get the exact same e-mail back, from a different person this time, detailing to me that I need to create a new account on the website. To humor them, I go to the website, enter all the information again, and get the same information is not valid message. I sent them another e-mail just telling them to give me my money back so I can go on my way, and of course have not heard from them again.

TLDR... their CS is potato
I'm having the same issue as I bought PUR pro on sunday. Tried calling and gave up after an over an hour of waiting to connect to someone. The email form also was broken when I'd try to send it that way. Ended up just sending an email through Gmail with an explanation and the form info. Hopefully that's enough. But it just reminds me of why I have avoided gamestop for so long.

They've extended 50% in the past and not for the system acting slow (updates were slowing it down allegedly). It of course was an assumption and wishful thinking. The other mention was from a random user that said it be another week (which obviously was false).

Sunday was my only chance personally as I been busy every other day.

Well you guys knew PUR was down on sunday. Why you choose to do it on that day of all days is beyond me.
No man... I went Sunday morning, and then returned home to a bunch of people panicking in the thread. I'm on the East Coast so I'm not sure folks on the west even knew about the problem until I was already at the store. Either way it doesn't really matter in a sense that the only reason I purchased it was to get an extra 10% on all of my trade ins, which was applied manually. It would be cool to start a relationship with Gamestop again after avoiding their stores like the plague, but it seems like they can't even read/understand basic e-mails

No man... I went Sunday morning, and then returned home to a bunch of people panicking in the thread. I'm on the East Coast so I'm not sure folks on the west even knew about the problem until I was already at the store. Either way it doesn't really matter in a sense that the only reason I purchased it was to get an extra 10% on all of my trade ins, which was applied manually. It would be cool to start a relationship with Gamestop again after avoiding their stores like the plague, but it seems like they can't even read/understand basic e-mails
Whats the big deal about giving them info in an e-mail? are you really that paranoid of your info getting stolen? What is anyone going to do with basic info that can easily be gotten? lol

Whats the big deal about giving them info in an e-mail? are you really that paranoid of your info getting stolen? What is anyone going to do with basic info that can easily be gotten? lol
Yes I am paranoid, but the information is actually irrelevant to my problem. The only thing I wouldn't give them is my physical address. Everything else was on the receipt. Its more or less that they're asking me for information that they were already given (full name, e-mail, PUR number). In the big picture, it doesn't really matter. I realize that. There's just a bunch of drama going on in life right now so I'd like at least this to go smoothly. Ultimately what do I expect to happen? I just want to be a PUR Pro member lol

And lol @ their giving you a 1k point bonus for pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back