GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me thoughts on Devil May Cry: Definitive for X1 and Dishonored: Definitive on X1?

Is the combat in DMC anything like Ninja Gaiden Black or NG II?

Can anyone give me thoughts on Devil May Cry: Definitive for X1 and Dishonored: Definitive on X1?

Is the combat in DMC anything like Ninja Gaiden Black or NG II?
Dishonored is absolute garbage. I mean unless you don't mind the lackluster port then go for it. Really the only improvement is a more stable 30 fps, graphics aren't upgraded but stretched.

I played DMC on ps3, my first since DMC 1 and 2. I actually found the game to be fun and the combat fluid. Not as hard as ninja Gaiden, much for forgiving

so there are no more $0.99 or $1.99 used games at gamestop to buy anymore?  
I had a few saved for future look up and they are now $4.99

Went to my local Gamestop yesterday at Tinley Park, IL and they were talking about the stores in the surrounding area not taking credit for Amazon, iTunes, etc. Ebay was fine and I was able to cash out my balance.

Thanks that works! stupid GS. I used to buy those 0.99-1.99 as impulse buys, but now I can't since I have to go through each game.
I guess there is no way to see store prices directly on the site now?
no, but you can tell at a glance what games have online-only price increases.
they all end in base prices of 96 cents instead of 99 cents.

I got rejected at 2 Gamestops in the Houston area buying a GC with credit, but I had asked before even bringing a gift card up whether they allow it or not. If you know of a location still doing it, please let me know. I have $200 in credit I'd like to get over to Best Buy.

If I just play dumb at a new location and swipe my PUR card before they can say anything, will the system stop me?

I got rejected at 2 Gamestops in the Houston area buying a GC with credit, but I had asked before even bringing a gift card up whether they allow it or not. If you know of a location still doing it, please let me know. I have $200 in credit I'd like to get over to Best Buy.

If I just play dumb at a new location and swipe my PUR card before they can say anything, will the system stop me?
You should just try that tactic next time. When I went to purchase my own, I just handed him the GCs and then swiped my trade credit card. Went through with no problems, but then again, maybe there are no "restrictions" here in Atlanta yet

no, but you can tell at a glance what games have online-only price increases.
they all end in base prices of 96 cents instead of 99 cents.
Yeah, most of the cheap ones are priced at $4.96 on their site. Which I know for PS3, Genji: Days of the Blade & Motorstorm are $.99 each and Dark Void & Dishonored are $1.99 each. As that's how much they were, when I picked them up a couple hours ago as I cleared out some store credit.

I also saw:

Virtua Fighter 5(PS3)- $1.99

Infamous(PS3)- $2.99

Homefront(PS3)- $1.99

COD: Modern Warfare 2- $2.99

Don't know if that will help, but figured to mention them if you're looking for cheap games.

Definitely don't ask first. The credit is simply your payment method. I'm not even sure if the girl saw what I swiped when I paid for a $75 Fire card, I swiped it quickly while she was bagging up a $1.99 T-shirt :)

I didn't even mention using trade credit for my ebay GC the other day. Swiped my trade credit card (forget putting your trade credit on the PUR card) and went on with my business.

Nothing strange calling someone and asking them I want to use a form of payment before coming in to buy something....lol

I also make sure I ask him if he has a safe in the premise and when each employee lunch break is too

Biggquis, on 05 Feb 2016 - 9:19 PM, said:
How often does Game Stop have trade in promos?
Seems like every month at least once minimum.

In other unrelated but GS related news. Picked up this fella and for $16.99(only $4 over amiibo) the quality is a lot better than expected. I really want to go back and get Pikachu but there will be a new mythical plush every month. I might be addicted!

Dpah2eD.jpg

Seems like every month at least once minimum.

In other unrelated but GS related news. Picked up this fella and for $16.99(only $4 over amiibo) the quality is a lot better than expected. I really want to go back and get Pikachu but there will be a new mythical plush every month. I might be addicted!

Dpah2eD.jpg
The mew was on sale 30miles from my house.

I thought I could go pick it up the following morning since I didn't want to drive out there after being out 4hrs as it had been.

Got up, headed out only to find out it was sold... they called around and every store showing inventory claimed to be sold out when contacted.

I'm in Houston and just used my GS trade in credit for a $100 eBay GC and a $20 Nintendo eShop card. Told her the amount I wanted on the eBay card and swiped. No questions asked.

So I don't like buying anything from Game Stop,so used my credit and grabbed 14 Amazon 50 gc looking to update my Theater Room still have credit not much but hey hope there's some kind of bonus coming up again.

So I don't like buying anything from Game Stop,so used my credit and grabbed 14 Amazon 50 gc looking to update my Theater Room still have credit not much but hey hope there's some kind of bonus coming up again.
lol did you ask if you could do it first?

lol, I bought a used The Crew Wild Run Edition at Gamestop tonight and whoever traded it in didn't even use the code for the Wild Run pack.

I wasn't serious. It seems like the common denominator here is people that ask get told no, but everyone who just swipes gets it to go through. It's probably not in any system
I went ahead and did that today when I purchased an Ebay GC, all I did was swipe, no questions asked.

Can confirm trade credit can be used to buy gas cards & GameStop gift cards can be used to buy EBay cards in Fenton, MO (STL.) Two people ahead of me did this tonight.

I know the EBay card was paid for with GS gift cards (not trade credit) specifically as the customer had 6 seperate $50 GC's on his phone & employee had to key in each card manually.

Can confirm trade credit can be used to buy gas cards & GameStop gift cards can be used to buy EBay cards in Fenton, MO (STL.) Two people ahead of me did this tonight.

I know the EBay card was paid for with GS gift cards (not trade credit) specifically as the customer had 6 seperate $50 GC's on his phone & employee had to key in each card manually.
Lol one of those recyclers that just buys ebay GCs to buy more GS GCs to buy more ebay GCs. Now that's sketchy!

lol, I bought a used The Crew Wild Run Edition at Gamestop tonight and whoever traded it in didn't even use the code for the Wild Run pack.

Doesnt Suprise me when there are much better racers out there to choose from over that shitty game
probably bought it at target during that gift card deal. i think it ended up being $77 for 2 copies of the game and a $50 gift card

perhaps Ive missed something or gotten my stores and previous promos confused, but the gs page says the promo starts on 2/14
I think he said that because you can just go to the GS site yourself and sort by preowned, then sort by price. Anything less than $20 should be eligible.

i was scrolling try to figure this out on my own but didn't see anything specific. Cna trade in credit still be used on gift cards specifically amazon/? I know they used to allow it but I thought I heard they changed it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back