GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from trading in a bunch of stuff. A couple things:

1. Someone mentioned they were unable to get the 20% bump on Uncharted 4. Doom seems to work fine still.

2. The bump values appear to be the values that are showing up as less at the register but still high on the app. In my case Wind Waker HD and PS3 Phantom Pain both showed up less than they were on the GS app. All the $4 + tax amiibos that bestbuy had on sale are still full value. Traded in 18 of them for $7.80 each (3 of each). 

The guy doing the trade was unable to actually adjust the numbers. I assume he wasn't a manager and no manager was there. His solution was to add 2 amiibo onto the trade which meant I traded in 4 of 2 different amiibo. Hopefully it doesn't get me banned. 

My GS employee made it so it was like I bought the games and traded them in again. First time trading that set of games so I'm not worried about the limit. Free points though :)

Weird, either the guy ringing up my trades fucked up or something happened to the values but I got all of the cash values in trade in credit just now.

Edit: Turns out the system was messing up. The guy fixed everything though. This is when I like GS
fuck. That is exactly what happened to me tonight and I did not know that was the problem. Cost me like $14 in trade credit.

According to a poster at my GS theres 10% Bonus on Trade-Ins Games and Accessories for wearing Star Wars Cosplay for May 4th. Might be YMMV.

Just got back from trading some red box games no values on the app matched the register and employee had to manually bump them for me.

So I traded in a few games today and despite having the app showing the higher trade values, the GS employee flat out refused to honor the values saying it was a glitch in the system and that the ones from the register were the actual values. Pretty sure I got hosed...

So I traded in a few games today and despite having the app showing the higher trade values, the GS employee flat out refused to honor the values saying it was a glitch in the system and that the ones from the register were the actual values. Pretty sure I got hosed...
Damn, the employees I ran into wouldn't bump the value up. Time for a fun survey!
apparently the email didn't go out until afternoon. Had to keep insisting, "are you sure you didn't get an email?"

I was the only one in the store so I suppose that helped.

apparently the email didn't go out until afternoon. Had to keep insisting, "are you sure you didn't get an email?"

I was the only one in the store so I suppose that helped.
E-mail went out later. GAs can't check e-mails and if your SGAs are lazy they didnt check it either.

The system wouldn't give me the 20% bonus towards Uncharted 4. The employee said it doesn't work on pre-orders. You have to wait until game is out. True? Store policy only? He scanned in a few games along with the Uncharted pre-order $5 and no bonus.

Seems retarded to me. He says that's because you can cancel pre-orders. I said well I can just return the game too so why does it matter?

All the damn app says it gets 20% extra credit towards 1 of 4 games with Uncharted being one of them. So I go to the store to do what the app says and ...nada. Dumb.

I either go back next week when Uncharted comes out or go back tonight and put it all towards STar Fox, get my bonus on all the crap I have to trade in and then return Star Fox next week and get Uncharted instead.
I got the promo on Friday trading XBC X toward my Uncharted 4 CE pre order.

The extra TIV doesn't show until the employee puts in a preorder for the game or applies at least some of the trade credit towards one of the promo eligible games.

Damn, the employees I ran into wouldn't bump the value up. Time for a fun survey!
Wow that sucks... they manually adjusted mine as soon as I showed them the app. Might want to call CS if you want to get some of the bump. They'll start a claim with the district manager. Might get something out of it.

Does anyone know if the trade values will go back up? Is this a temporary drop? I shouldn't have procrastinated yesterday as I was going to trade in a few Xbox One and backwards compatible 360 games that I got digitally but now their trade values are garbage and Best Buy and Amazon's values are even worse lol

Looks like the TIV are reflecting the tanked values in the GS in store system.
Yep those were the exact values I got at about 8 pm last night even though the system online said otherwise. Sucks.

Edit: Saves me the trouble of running around again tonight though.

So, has anyone figured out how frequent these stealth bumps are? This last one was from the end of April into May and the last one was from end of March into April in pretty sure. And I think there was one near the end of February?

Curious if any of these trade promos stack today, like if you trade a guaranteed $30 title towards one of the 20% pre-order bonuses while dressed as a storm trooper.

20% Extra Pre-Order Bonus Towards UNCHARTED 4, STAR FOX ZERO, BATTLEBORN, AND DOOM

20% Extra Pre-Order Bonus Towards LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
10% Extra When you dress up for the 4th

Guaranteed $25 on select titles

Guaranteed $30 on select titles towards the purchase of a new game

Curious if any of these trade promos stack today, like if you trade a guaranteed $30 title towards one of the 20% pre-order bonuses while dressed as a storm trooper.

20% Extra Pre-Order Bonus Towards UNCHARTED 4, STAR FOX ZERO, BATTLEBORN, AND DOOM

20% Extra Pre-Order Bonus Towards LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
10% Extra When you dress up for the 4th

Guaranteed $25 on select titles

Guaranteed $30 on select titles towards the purchase of a new game
I already pre-ordered Ucharted 4 but can I just trade in towards it for 20% extra or do I have to cancel / repre-order? Sucks since all the values on my games dropped since yesterday. Wasn't even anything good, just some random 360 games.

Also DeadPool PS3 is apart of the $25 guaranteed credit. It's $16 used / $20 new at Toysrus.

I already pre-ordered Ucharted 4 but can I just trade in towards it for 20% extra or do I have to cancel / repre-order? Sucks since all the values on my games dropped since yesterday. Wasn't even anything good, just some random 360 games.
I think you can trigger the bonus by making another deposit to your current preorder.

Get $10 Bonus Trade Credit

When you trade-in any PS4 Dual Shock Controller towards the Uncharted 4 Dualshock Controller or Gold Headset! Valid through 5/17/16.
Valid only towards the purchase of the Uncharted 4 Dualshock controller or Uncharted 4 Gold Headset. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 5/17/16.

Also DeadPool PS3 is apart of the $25 guaranteed credit. It's $16 used / $20 new at Toysrus.
That looks like a typo: (PS3/XB1)
If it's not, then I'm all in

For some reason Pokken Tournament didn't drop in value on my saved trades in my Gamestop app. Guy said he couldn't get it to the $45.50 I was supposed to get but he did give me $44.76 for it. I wasn't going to complain.

Left 4 Dead 2 dropping from $20 base to $12 base was really disappointing.

So I had to put the $5 down on Uncharted how long do I have to switch it to another game? Or will it just stay on Uncharted until im ready to buy/switch it?

Will trade in values go back up after today? I was going to trade in Splatoon today, but it dropped by ten dollars since last night.

Will trade in values go back up after today? I was going to trade in Splatoon today, but it dropped by ten dollars since last night.
Just hold it. Nintendo first party games don't really drop much unless they go nintendo selects. Also, they tend to be included in the random bumps almost every time.

With Best Buy and Amazon matching GCU, buying a game for 60 dollars at launch is lunacy.

Put 5 dollars down on uncharted because I got 10+ extra with bonus. Will cancel and use credit to buy Amazon gift card and shop where they respect my wallet

Has anyone tried trading in any of guaranteed $25 games towards the 20% pre-order and the promos stacked? If it does, between it and the B3G1 promo would yield some boomerangs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back